• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
That show should have been about Sho-bro and Saki, much more interesting characters.

I used to root for Hase-kun to get the girl, but then once more characters started to take spotlight and Hase transformed from lovable wimpy dork into whiny m'lady pansy then I gave up. This show jumped the shark so bad for me.

Tenumi

Banned
Easily the game i want to play the most from this E3

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

------------------------------------------------

Happiness Charge Precure: 19

Oh hi, Cure Ace. Anyway, soccer match, talk about teamwork, and the start of the drama storyline. Should be interesting to get some hopeful character development.

Mokoi

Banned
I used to root for Hase-kun to get the girl, but then once more characters started to take spotlight and Hase transformed from lovable wimpy dork into whiny m'lady pansy then I gave up. This show jumped the shark so bad for me.

I imagine Hase-Kun as making a thread on GAF asking for relationship advice. Each time he talks to his bro.

Articalys

By the way, I went back to all those shonen OP songs and somehow I've now got the second OP for GTO stuck in my head. As nice as Driver's High is, I can see why some people like OP2 better.

By the way, I went back to all those shonen OP songs and somehow I've now got the second OP for GTO stuck in my head. As nice as Driver's High is, I can see why some people like OP2 better.

I'm a bigger fan of the second OP as well. The chorus is amazing.

For those who haven't heard it here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDh3D2ewiNs

And for those who haven't seen the show, fuck you go watch it now. Especially if you like great comedies. Also I guess waifu wars? It's like a better Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, only less harem and more badass lovable teacher.

Articalys

I'm a bigger fan of the second OP as well. The chorus is amazing.

For those who haven't heard it here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDh3D2ewiNs

And for those who haven't seen the show, fuck you go watch it now. Especially if you like great comedies. Also I guess waifu wars? It's like a better Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, only less harem and more badass lovable teacher.
I actually might get around to it eventually, especially since at only 43 episodes it would be a much smaller time commitment than, say, Gintama.
Though I kind of need to deal with the other ten dozen shows on my backlog first.

Theonik

7. 8.
Too few.

There's always this chart for the manga.

Just read the turquoise chapters.
Even sadder. Maybe the Harem chapters are also OK?

Gas masks are the best.

So earlier I asked about best shounen OPs, but this time I have a different question: what OP (not just from shounen shows) gets you the most pumped up with energy, most excited for the show to start?
Very late and incomplete but:
Dragonar

Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Hey man I'm all about that hometown but not on teenage anime girls.
You are weak.

Mazinger Z: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKKshSa-qWA
Shin Mazinger Z OP1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-55YJpaDys
Mazinkaiser SKL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5o0KaXDlzY
Skull Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9O3ECHAMfY
Turn A Gumdam OP1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpqwY7tsZS4
Big O: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7_Od9CmTu0
Gundam 00 S1 OP2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuV8Jd3au8A
Samurai Champloo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OuRajFzMYI
SRW The Inspector: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxXfWHL4qc
Armored Trooper VOTOMS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hwDQJRU7E
Galactic Cyclone Bryger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKj_YbKZyB0 (I had no idea a clean version of this was uploaded nowadays. all dat Kanada)

These get me in the right mood for a show and I rarely skip them. Not all hot blooded but they get me pumped all the same.
I first read this thread a few days ago from the bottom up and saw this post quoted and thought it HAD to be you lol

...Hmmm, 80s waifus...and I'm back.
80s waifu stronk.

So, uh, who would have watched Arpeggio of Blue Steel if it was a setting like this?
Maybe if it didn't look shit.

Sorry cajun but Ryuunosuke>Lum.
Good taste.

Is the Order a Rabbit? - 07-08

This show is so, so good. Rize continues to be best girl (marksman joke bit was awesome) and Syaro's dedication to her makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside,
Looks like I should check this out.

Although I dislike the twins they look cute, but are kinda annoying.
REVENGE

Akuma no Riddle - 10

Cybernetic enhancements?
Well shit....
That screenshot. Ara ara.

This is the worst post of the year and it's only halfway over!
I can kinda accept that post if it means we get a 502nd anime. I hope Perrine has a guest appearance.

I'd rather live as a monster girl.
Don't we all.

I think Iori is annoying, after I looked up her Seyuu, I realized why. Goddamn, Kugumya, I can't you anymore, go away. Especially with characters like this. GO AWAY! ;___; *foam*
"Those who hate on Kugyuu get eaten by monsters."

Hyper Police 04

She was trying to eat Natsuki's butt earlier. The lady doth protest too much.
Finishing this moved a bit higher on that list.

Artificial weather/terraforming.

That pan was such a dead giveaway for SHAFT I was downright shocked they didn't fit a headtilt somewhere in there.
The head-turn should have lead into a head tilt. That would have worked well.

Narag

So that's the show which kept appearing in search results while I was looking up stuff on Seikoku no Dragonar before this season started.
Also, that song is awesomely 80's. Need more 80's music in my life.

Vanishing trooper blog posts about Obari said he animated all of that himself. sogood

cajunator

Banned
I spent most of my weekend organizing my anime. I feel so happy that everything is organized.

I organize mine in alphabetical order but the problem is its in 6 locations so I had to arrange 6 separate groups. If I were to arrange in alphabetical order all at once it would be like living in a library. Im too lazy for that anyway.

watch some squee. It will make you feel better.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Guess its time to start Fargo and True Detective.

Yeah I have a whole crap load of movies already to watch.

Summer Wars, 5cm per second, Garden of Words, etc etc

Watch Millennium Actress if you havent. It is phenomenal.

The Pit x Link fight was very much awesome.I guess i can now dream of a shaft "kid icarus " anime PLUS a shaft "Legend of zelda" anime because we never , EVER , got one.

Yeah. shaft animated the Kid Icarus stuff really well and could do justice to Zelda too.

You don't see the creator of Squid GIrl drawing fanart for MS and Sony:

BpzX8osCMAAQZBP.png

Nintendo wins, sorry guys.

welp

36598425o3yhb.jpg

Ruby'll be her round. Not that I care about IntSaimoe, of course.

She better win this round. I will be highly disappointed if its not so.

Articalys

I organize mine in alphabetical order but the problem is its in 6 locations so I had to arrange 6 separate groups. If I were to arrange in alphabetical order all at once it would be like living in a library. Im too lazy for that anyway.
Congratulations, you're Jibril now.

Articalys

This was probably posted at some point today over in the Smash thread, but as long as we were talking Shaft here earlier, the newcomer picture for Palutena was done by animator, illustrator and occasional Shaft character designer Hideyuki Morioka.
Also, the fact that Masahiro Anbe was rapidly inspired to make a quick little sketch for Splatoon is pretty neat.

I wonder if any other mangaka/directors/etc. were paying any attention to news from E3 at all...

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure - 10

Hmmm...

I'm not sure how much I like Joesph compared to Johnathan.

Joesph is awesome and badass with that calculating ability of his, and he's got the muscle to back it up as well. Dude does some other badass things too like instantly recognizing the guy that killed Speedwagon (;_;) and outright shooting him in a public place. Not to mention he also did some Indiana Jones shit by freaking jumping out of a plane with two other people without a parachute. DANG.

But I can't decide if I liked Johnathan's gentlemanly nature more. I'm still kinda on the fence about it.

Mokoi

Banned
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure - 10

Hmmm...

I'm not sure how much I like Joesph compared to Johnathan.

Joesph is awesome and badass with that calculating ability of his, and he's got the muscle to back it up as well. Dude does some other badass things too like instantly recognizing the guy that killed Speedwagon (;_;) and outright shooting him in a public place. Not to mention he also did some Indiana Jones shit by freaking jumping out of a plane with two other people without a parachute. DANG.

But I can't decide if I liked Johnathan's gentlemanly nature more. I'm still kinda on the fence about it.

Joseph hella charismatic. I just know that I like him way better than Jotaro.

nintendo should just buy out shaft and get them to make saturday morning cartoons for their target audience

Shaft Saturday Morning Cartoons would be an amazing thing to watch.

But yeah, with every E3 I want a damn Smash Cartoon/Anime/Comic Book/Something more and more.

Kid Icarus is fine too

Kate certainly would have made the show better.

nothing could save that show

Except maybe it actually being a portrayal of girls actually airsofting

Like showing them charging the batteries, the whine of the motor before the spring is released shooting the bb in an AEG, the slide moving back in some of the GBB pistols, the gas condensation from rapid firing of the gas guns, actual tactics like bounding overwatch, the sound of 800bb's jingling in their mags when they walk around on the field, Fast 1000rpm motors with weak 300fps springs vs slow torque-y 600rpm motors pulling 400fps springs, minimum engagement distances, no spooky scary ghosts involved, no 'Feel the Heart of the cardsBB's Yugi',etc

Would've been cool and unique, instead we got anime#3274 where everyone is spraying and doing flips and no one ever gets hit

cajunator

Banned
nothing could save that show

Except maybe it actually being a portrayal of girls actually airsofting

Like showing them charging the batteries, the whine of the motor before the spring is released shooting the bb in an AEG, the slide moving back in some of the GBB pistols, the gas condensation from rapid firing of the gas guns, actual tactics like bounding overwatch, the sound of 800bb's jingling in their mags when they walk around on the field, Fast 1000rpm motors with weak 300fps springs vs slow torque-y 600rpm motors pulling 400fps springs, minimum engagement distances, no spooky scary ghosts involved, no 'Feel the Heart of the cardsBB's Yugi',etc

Would've been cool and unique, instead we got anime#3274 where everyone is spraying and doing flips and no one ever gets hit

Perhaps if Upotte hadnt come out first and done it way better

madp

The Light of El Cantare
nintendo should just buy out shaft and get them to make saturday morning cartoons for their target audience

Just think of the heights to which SHAFT would elevate the kiddie show art form of subtle weird fetish pandering designed to evade censors. The thought is kind of scary.

jman2050

You don't see the creator of Squid GIrl drawing fanart for MS and Sony:

BpzX8osCMAAQZBP.png

Nintendo wins, sorry guys.

It's only been half a day and Splatoon is already a fanart magnet.

Within a couple months we're going to have disgruntled Ika Musume fanboys lamenting that they liked squid girls before they were popular.

Just think of the heights to which SHAFT would elevate the kiddie show art form of subtle weird fetish pandering designed to evade censors. The thought is kind of scary.

I don't know, they'd have a difficult time treading on XEBEC's turf in this area.

Perhaps if Upotte hadnt come out first and done it way better

That's funny because I thought C3bu was fairly watchable, while Upotte was pretty much garbage. I don't typically complain about fan service and lewdness in shows, but Upotte was a particularly bad offender.

C3-bu was boring NeoGainax dreck while I'm sure Upotte had enough curvy Xebec girls to warrant a watch from someone who has too much time on their hands, also mofu.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's only been half a day and Splatoon is already a fanart magnet.

Within a couple months we're going to have disgruntled Ika Musume fanboys lamenting that they liked squid girls before they were popular.

Future GAF thread: "Splatoon devs plead with fans: Please don't sexualize our characters" (1 2 3 4 5 ... Last)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom