• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Female Link?

dahvfi.gif

Interesting speculation. I didnt even consider it while watching the footage. What makes people think that Link is a girl there though?

It's only been half a day and Splatoon is already a fanart magnet.

Within a couple months we're going to have disgruntled Ika Musume fanboys lamenting that they liked squid girls before they were popular.

I don't know, they'd have a difficult time treading on XEBEC's turf in this area.

I hope nintendo never dies.

That's funny because I thought C3bu was fairly watchable, while Upotte was pretty much garbage. I don't typically complain about fan service and lewdness in shows, but Upotte was a particularly bad offender.

C3Bu had some cuties in it but Upotte was better for gun enthusiasts like myself. Plus it had FNC in it and catgirl guns. It was ridiculous and fun.

Future GAF thread: "Splatoon devs plead with fans: Please don't sexualize our characters" (1 2 3 4 5 ... Last)

Nintendo knows exactly what theyre doing.

Interesting speculation. I didnt even consider it while watching the footage. What makes people think that Link is a girl there though?

Link looks a bit more feminine in the trailer, Aonuma said that "nobody ever said anything about the person in the trailer being Link"

Probably just trolling.

Puchimas!! 58

Puchimas dub over was cute.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 10

Saying you'll do something before going into an elevator is like a death flag.

NOBUNAGA ZA FOOL 22

YESSSSSSS, WE'RE GOING INCIDENT AT HONNOJI HERE

Majin Bone 11

Finally, they formed the line.

Black Bullet 10

You guys weren't kidding about the loli slaughter. Although I was expecting something different.
Mask dude back? He was hinted in the preview.

wonzo

Banned
Just think of the heights to which SHAFT would elevate the kiddie show art form of subtle weird fetish pandering designed to evade censors. The thought is kind of scary.
the shaft head tilt death pandemic would kinda balance that out so dont worry

Why play Skyrim Sword when you can speculate about the main character's gender and identity on the internet based on 10 seconds of ambiguous footage?
i kinda want a zelda game where you actually play as zelda for once or at least get rid of that fucking stupid looking green cap

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Black Bullet 10

Wait, I thought we were on the eve of battle?

Oh god, loli-harem comedy.

And the loli-harem grows by 5. What is this pacing?

Enju sucking on nekomimi.

Gah, Rentaro is as bad as Hase-kun.

Goddamit, loli-harem +1.

wat

WAT

God. Damn.

Between this show and Brynhildr, it's a bad time to be a loli in anime. lol

cajunator

Banned
the shaft head tilt death pandemic would kinda balance that out so dont worry

i kinda want a zelda game where you actually play as zelda for once or at least get rid of that fucking stupid looking green cap

well theres that Hyrule Warriors game that looks pretty fun.

Articalys

Well I guess some of it depends on which factors you're using to evaluate the harem-ness of the series: number of girls in the running, number of girls that realistically have a chance at winning (if it's the kind of series that would actually have a "winner"), how ignorant/spineless the MC is when it comes to romance, childhood friend/engagement promises, and so forth. Not sure what criteria would be used for series that are more action-focused though. Maybe how relevant the various girls remain during the fights?

TUSR

Banned
Well I guess some of it depends on which factors you're using to evaluate the harem-ness of the series: number of girls in the running, number of girls that realistically have a chance at winning (if it's the kind of series that would actually have a "winner"), how ignorant/spineless the MC is when it comes to romance, childhood friend/engagement promises, and so forth. Not sure what criteria would be used for series that are more action-focused though. Maybe how relevant the various girls remain during the fights?
Are you turning this into a serious discussion about harems? We all know how well this ends.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
T_T.....

Oh! Hello AnimeGAF. I was just sitting in a corner, sobbing because I saw what will most likely be the only thing close to a Smash Bros. anime today during E3.

But it's honestly no big deal when you think about it. I mean, it's something that could never have happened anyway, so even getting a little bit is good.....enough....I guess.....

I WANNA SEE MORE ANIME NINTENDO CHARACTERS FIGHTING WHY DID YOU TEASE ME LIKE THIS SAKURAI WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I know that feel

Acid08

Banned
Gundam Seed is pretty cool so far. I think every mech anime follows the same format early on: peaceful intro->sudden violence->hero awakening to ability->a couple more battles->escape.

Opening song is okay. Not the strongest.

Lurky

Black Bullet 10

Well my first reaction was "Fucking sweet, he just added to his harem!" Then after that I started thinking and realized something...
Did they just spend the entire first half of the episode to set up Kisara's death flag?
And then... the second half of the episode happened... Those fucking bastards! ;-;

BluWacky

I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment - can someone confirm something that's in the back of my head? I think there's a new CM for Terror in Resonance airing tomorrow between Ping Pong and Nanana but I can't remember where I read it... am I making it up?

Gundam Seed is pretty cool so far. I think every mech anime follows the same format early on: peaceful intro->sudden violence->hero awakening to ability->a couple more battles->escape.

Opening song is okay. Not the strongest.

You don't adore invoke!? Blasphemy. Overall Seed (and Destiny) had amazing soundtrack so you are in for a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom