• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wii U to steal the anime crown from the Vita, thanks to Xenoblade X, Palutena and Splatoon

Vita has the greatest anime of all time

sao17_04_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

Vita always wins.

I mean its such a good anime its getting lecture courses dedicated to it.

Hitsugi no Chaika -1

Watching this because it seems well liked here. This seems to be another light novel adaption, but compared to recent ones it is not terribly offensive. Seems like a fun little action show ala Code Breaker?

cajunator

Banned
Please do not compare shaft to the greatness that is SAO......ever

tumblr_m7wb39oFBY1qbvovho1_500.gif

I just noticed Yuno's eyes are glowing <3

Hitsugi no Chaika -1

Watching this because it seems well liked here. This seems to be another light novel adaption, but compared to recent ones it is not terribly offensive. Seems like a fun little action show ala Code Breaker?

Its really fun. A bit like Scrapped Princess in ways. But its own thing. Chaika is ADORABLE.

Mokoi

Banned

Haha that is surprising, but I would think there are better books that offer "interesting explorations of of point of views, of relationships between people as well as between virtual and fictional and real worlds." Well I am sure the students must be enjoying it compared to another book. Also don't know prices in Japan, but the LN must be cheaper compared to regular textbooks.

Skull Man 4

72zGjbW.jpg

obvious visual metaphor

The production values continue to be not that great; the quality of drawing is on the rough side. But at the same time there's great use of imagery, such as the bird in the cage seen above representing Maya's imprisoned life, or the elongated shadows in the monorail station building an atmosphere of mystery.

There's a large cast of characters with entangled relationships, but they're being handled pretty well so far. That's something Yutaka Izubuchi's writing seems to excel at, to judge by this and Yamato 2199.

Hitsugi no Chaika - 2

I'm sad. This did not move as good as the first episode. This seems to be a show you're watching for the action alone, so I hope the quality doesn't dip down too badly.

Midonin

To Heart 2 ad + ad plus 01-02

Overall, I enjoyed the ad episodes a little more. Amnesia is a little stale of a plot device, to be sure, but the episode also had a lot of Tamaki focus, including a love letter that she erased Takaaki's memory in order to hide. I flashed back to Gaworare a few times today, especially in these episodes where Taka's harem is rapidly expanding. The New Years' episode had a bit of self-fulfilling prophecy going on (those fortunes are vague enough that they can mean anything), but it was all worth it just to see Yuma show her dere side.

Of the plus episodes, Karin's was sweet. The episode tricked me. I thought it was going to be about a swimsuit competition, but it was only some mild pool cleaning and mostly Karin looking for a special piece of paper. The first episode, with another one of the maid robots was alright. None of these maid robots can top Multi for me, but I did get a laugh out of Silfa slapping an orange box on her head, with the slices forming the "eyes". (&#33457;&#36947;&#12458;&#12531;&#12473;&#12486;&#12540;&#12472;!)

So I have time to catch up, then.

Theonik

Goo girls with spats? What a remarkable game Splatoon is/will probably be.
Ika Musume goo girls in spats throwing liquids at one another also with goggles.

This is awesome. I love how ridiculous mecha series' full titles were back then -- "Super Beast Machine God Dancougar" just has a certain je ne sais quoi to it.
It's the standard anime title model.
Modifier - > Thing - > Name, which has been popular in anime for decades and was especially popular on old mecha series. See:
"Space Runaway Ideon"
"Mobile Suit Gundam"
"Superdimension Fortress Macross"
"Aura Battler Dunbine"
The list goes on.

mankoto

Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara 01-05
Oh hey, this reminds me of that one anime I dropped (can't remember the name, but it had to be at least 2 years ago) except this is actually watchable.

Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara 06-10
Well I didn't think it'd go in a direction such as this even if it was somewhat foreshadowed.

No Game No Life 10
Heh. That's pretty ironic,
having "real life" being a video game that is. Can't wait for the next episode because this going to be funny. I can tell.

Hitsugi no Chaika 10
I'm going on a limb and am going to assume that,
that's a new Chaika. I don't like her already.

The Irregular at Magic High School Episode 10 – Nine Schools Competition Part III
Bp5OvUlCYAAM3oD.png

Finally could get to Saturday animes...great adaptation of the opening ordeal with the vehicle moving and all the magicsks being applied to it. Loved the effect applied to Juumonjis display of ability. And on that same line of thought the great visuals given to Mikihiko's moments too.

George and Masakis' convo was great, please stay focused on George though.

Chaika 10
Very good setup for the finale. A decent villain plus that other secret villain. A good amount of tension and suspense for the final 2 episodes

Nah it was one of those days where I wanted to get home so I asked "do you need me to stay?" and my supervisor was all coy and shit like "do you want to?" which could mean a number of things. So I stayed. Which meant an extra 4 and a half hours of work. The good side is that I get paid overtime.

cajunator

Banned
Nah it was one of those days where I wanted to get home so I asked "do you need me to stay?" and my supervisor was all coy and shit like "do you want to?" which could mean a number of things. So I stayed. Which meant an extra 4 and a half hours of work. The good side is that I get paid overtime.

what kinda work is this again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom