• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Date A Live II 10 + Final Thoughts

Everything comes around full circle with the first season, and Miku joins the inner circle. That final song with her was pretty nice, too. I also prefer regular Tohka to Inverse Tohka. The naivete of the original flavor is preferable to the one who smolders with generic rage. As for the second season overall, while I preferred the Yamai Sisters arc to the Miku arc, they were both nice additions to the show. And it gave me my new favorite character, Kaguya. I forget that this show even works on spoofing VN selections sometimes, but it's a fun series. The movie announcement was unexpected, and calls to mind Sora no Otoshimono. Two seasons followed by (two?) movies. Wonder what it'll adapt, or if it'll be an original story.

Riddle Story of Devil 11

So that's what was going on. Haru's cuteness wasn't merely adorable, it was infectiously adorable. The question of free will the end of the episode called to mind was a bit heavy handed, but that didn't take away from the entertainment value of the show.
The finale going here may have been foretold a long time ago, yet it still looks like it's going to be an exciting finale. The themes of the show have finally revealed themselves... along with a pretty good Yoshino Nanjou song.

Crime Edge 01-03

If I had to describe this show based on my first impressions, it's Heaven's Memo Pad meets Riddle Story of Devil. The hair fetishism is definitely pronounced, but it's keeping at an adorable level, largely because Iwai is cute. I hope she gets a new hairstyle every episode. Her short hair in the second one and her twintails in the third both looked good on her. The murder game subplot feels almost secondary to Iwai getting to know the world outside her home at the moment. I like the use of color with the filters in regards to censoring the blood out. It's holding my attention so far.

Nafe

Happiness Charge PreCure!

Episode 18

Watching this episode and the bride's voice was really familiar. It turns out it was Miho Arakawa, who did the voice of Himari in Penguindrum. Even though it was just a small role it was good to hear her again. I liked her voice. Taking a look at anime news network's encyclopedia and it seems she got a few more roles but just in shows I haven't watched is all. That's good to see as I was hoping she'd get more work. :)

That tower of fried chicken though instead of a cake? No thanks,haha. Leave that kind of stuff to just fun kids shows like PreCure!,haha. Listening to Takehito Koyasu ham it up as Oreski is always fun too.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
what does animegaf think of nintendo's very own squid girl
n6BhTwV.png

I approve.

DATE A LIVE S2 - 10
It's a shame ..it's a real shame ..after seeing 10 eps of DATE A LIVE S2 , and having read the LNs first i can only say " WHY 10 eps ? "

If this show had been in a 12 ep format , it could have time to do more things with the characters
Origami didn't have teh end she deserved after her hard work ,
Mana fight was good , but she should have more lines.
Kotori was incredibly unused.
And yoshino was there.

had you guys followed teh books more closely , without cutting so much details , you could have filled those 2 eps easily.....and the anime would have been much more intresting as a result.

Despite the fact that i enjoy this franchise i can only see this S2 as a disapointment

10 eps runs are a curse ... 3 freaking books in 9 eps ?? What the heck that's way too fast , especially in a season where SO MANY characters have so few lines.

YES I'M MAD

Mokoi

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 11

Glad Polnareff was able to avenge his sister, and kill J. Gail.
Somehow Hol Horse learned the secret Joestar family technique.
I Think Joesph got infected by a stand.
Things are definitely going to interesting next episode.

Ping Pong 6

Smile seems to have gotten hella serious. Glad Kong's attitude has changed. It was nice seeing him come together with the team. Chubby Peco will succeed! Time to see him shine. Also this show has a great soundtrack.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's really hard to take your show seriously when a lady is crying breastmilk at a dramatic moment, sorry Mushi-shi.

I sometimes forget this is AnimeGAF. I pretend it's simply a place to discuss tv shows that happened to be animated. Then I come here to discuss plot or pacing issues. And I'm introduced to discussions about lewd shows.

I am crying. Standing on the edge of the crater. Like the prophet once said. Shows with tokyo this summer come here quickly. You're my only hope.

Articalys

If a show has a lewd-to-story ratio of below 50%, does that disqualify it from being classified as a "lewd anime"? Where's the line drawn?

Narag

If a show has a lewd-to-story ratio of below 50%, does that disqualify it from being classified as a "lewd anime"? Where's the line drawn?

If there's an appreciable amoutn of lewd, it's a lewd show, I says. It doesn't mean there's other aspects without merit but that'll typically be overshadowed by the lewd which is probably the selling point.

The lines drawn exactly at NGNL.

This show is just nuclear. It's wild. It's breaking up inside. A heart of broken glass. Defiled. Deep inside the abandoning child.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure - 13

HAPPY! FUN! NICE TO MEET YOU MAN!

Those were Jojo's words to a zombie. A zombie that jumps into people's bodies and can squeeze himself into a tiny airduct by pratically dissasembling his body. Only in Jojo folks. Only in Jojo.

Dang, I didn't expect
the Nazi go out like that in the end. The dude freaking asked Jojo to chop his own foot off so he can kill Santana was a really ballsy move.

And then Satana climbed into the Nazi's leg through the open wound. That was a thing that happened, oh man.

Show's really going all out with it's bizzare aspect now.

I sometimes forget this is AnimeGAF. I pretend it's simply a place to discuss tv shows that happened to be animated. Then I come here to discuss plot or pacing issues. And I'm introduced to discussions about lewd shows.

I am crying. Standing on the edge of the crater. Like the prophet once said. Shows with tokyo this summer come here quickly. You're my only hope.

Oh ho ho, dear Woofington. There's no need to fret! The fact that we are surrounded by discussion of lewd shows gives us more of an appreciation for the better of anime!

The bar goes lower and lower which causes our enjoyment for the good anime to rise all the higher.

The fact that there's so much bad anime makes us love the good anime all the more. It makes us look long and hard at them and say: "Boy, I'm glad my favourite anime isn't like that!"

Well it's still better than Sonic crossover fan art.

Oh ho ho, dear Woofington. There's no need to fret! The fact that we are surrounded by discussion of lewd shows gives us more of an appreciation for the better of anime!

The bar goes lower and lower which causes our enjoyment for the good anime to rise all the higher.

The fact that there's so much bad anime makes us love the good anime all the more. It makes us look long and hard at them and say: "Boy, I'm glad my favourite anime isn't like that!"

Well it's still better than Sonic crossover fan art.

I'm getting so hyped for both of those Tokyo shows that I swear they'll end up being shit because I'm genuinely excited.

I can see it happening. They'll start strong. A show that could easily be confused from something western if it wasn't for the fact it's animated. And then the manga artist decided that he needed to remind the reader that this was Japan so he/she adds a loli or a cat girl nyan nyan.

It's like having a cake. And eating it too. Only to realize the cake is actually shit.

Gradivus

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure - 13

HAPPY! FUN! NICE TO MEET YOU MAN!

Those were Jojo's words to a zombie. A zombie that jumps into people's bodies and can squeeze himself into a tiny airduct by pratically dissasembling his body. Only in Jojo folks. Only in Jojo.

Dang, I didn't expect
the Nazi go out like that in the end. The dude freaking asked Jojo to chop his own foot off so he can kill Santana was a really ballsy move.

And then Satana climbed into the Nazi's leg through the open wound. That was a thing that happened, oh man.

Show's really going all out with it's bizzare aspect now.

Happi, urepii, yoropiku ne~

Joseph is a very friendly man!

Narag

I'm getting so hyped for both of those Tokyo shows that I swear they'll end up being shit because I'm genuinely excited.

I can see it happening. They'll start strong. A show that could easily be confused from something western if it wasn't for the fact it's animated. And then the manga artist decided that he needed to remind the reader that this was Japan so he/she adds a loli or a cat girl nyan nyan.

It's like having a cake. And eating it too. Only to realize the cake is actually shit.

That shit got me with Gyo and the Citrus circus.

Blusby

Well I can say after reading what's translated of Ghoul that it starts off strong and only gets stronger! No need for your denizen's favorite, young girls in cat suits, for it to be appealing!

If you want TV shows which are "Western", maybe you should stick with Western TV shows.

And it's not as if the presence or absence of young girls are the determiner of quality.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Akuma no Riddle Episode 11:

Yes, this has become a much better show then the outset suggested and now the shoe has dropped and the grand secrets revealed and indeed makes this whole thing make so much more sense. That still does not redeem the premise from getting dull and formulaic at points but we are past that now. It is very curious that this series should be at its best when it takes itself seriously. Well, perhaps not so curious as there is actually a lot of legitimate weight to the heavy emotions seen through out the episode. Also, this adds quite a bit of dimensionality to the main relationship even if it has taken quite the Utneaish turn here. Still, I am interested to see how this turn of events shall play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom