• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Attack on Titan as much as the next Non-AnimeGAF'er but is he really trying to justify the bad pacing? lol.

What's the reason for the bad pacing for Hunter x Hunter Ant Arc then?

cajunator

Banned
Shit, I have to stop to watch, I am getting sucked back into the abyss of watching anime the whole day.

The iDOLM@STER 09

Twin centered episode, my greatest nightmare. While the parallels between the movie and reality were kind of fun, I just can't feel the twins. Didn't like the episode much. Somehow I even knew the culprit at the very beginning and the culprits that led the culprit to her actions as the whole thing began. These characters are so straighforward, there wasn't another solution for this show.

The iDOLM@STER 10

Oh no! No, no, no, NO! Not a sport festival, I thought my sport uniform fetish was sealed away for good, but...!
Evil Jelly Idol Rivals are jelly.
It was nice to see having somewhat of an opponnent to beat and a crying friend to support. Everyone getting serious about the contest was nice to see. As well as Iori being rich. She and Makoto were the stars of this episode.
Yayoi gets a special mention, because she is so adorable, whatever she does. She is the kind of girl, where I have to think "man, if I ever have a daughter, it would be nice, if she would be like Yayoi".

The iDOLM@STER 11

Very nice episode. Somebody said that the anime really started at episode 4, but episode 11 feels like the true beginning, when they all are done just doing random entertainment and wroking activeley at their first work. Not that I didn't enjoy the other episodes, but it's interesting to watch them archieve something bigger.
Sadly, the second part of the episode was about two characters I don't really like that much. But looking forward to next episode, to explore a bit of Miki.

The iDOLM@STER 12

Those costums are awful. They look like easy girls now. It was nice seeing Miki actually being concerned with the power of Ryuuguu Komachi. Despite being seemingly the laziest of the bunch she is actually the most ambitious.
I also have to say how much I like the montages of this show. They're always very nice to see. Also despite me liking Miki, one girl alone isn't worth that much. The interaction are the greatest and of that the episode had too few.

My favorites haven't changed all. Well, ok. Iori is finally redeemed iny my eyes. iDOLM@STER saved a thousand kittens by curing me (at least for now) off my Kugumiya PDST.

So, I guess, I am neglecting all my duties again, until i finished all of Im@s. Bloody fucking anime and bloody fucking Idols.

Iori isnt too bad I guess. Really only Shana is insufferable. I can deal with other kugilolis.
Makoto is always the best, and I usually tie her with Takane. cant help myself.
Idolmaster is a good show to get a person into watching idol shows really.

I think there's something about Perrine's design that makes her stand out more compared to others. If I were told she was the staff's favorite, I wouldn't be surprised given the attention her cuts get compared to others. :lol

Perrine is a cutie but of course I love Sanya. Shes just a total cutie in every way. Waifu.

I havent seen the show up to that point but wow thats bad :/

Ok amazon i asked for FATE ZERO blu-ray and i get :
High school dxd blu-ray ?

Where is my fate zero blu ray amazon ?

Damn all this PLOT and animation in HD with perfect detail is ...well
All, i can say is "OPPAI" .

But seriously amazon ... my fate/zero blu-ray ? where is it ?

Wait, I dont understand what happened here. they sent you the wrong show?

I approve.

As do I! Sooooo much!

DATE A LIVE S2 - 10
It's a shame ..it's a real shame ..after seeing 10 eps of DATE A LIVE S2 , and having read the LNs first i can only say " WHY 10 eps ? "

If this show had been in a 12 ep format , it could have time to do more things with the characters
Origami didn't have teh end she deserved after her hard work ,
Mana fight was good , but she should have more lines.
Kotori was incredibly unused.
And yoshino was there.

had you guys followed teh books more closely , without cutting so much details , you could have filled those 2 eps easily.....and the anime would have been much more intresting as a result.

Despite the fact that i enjoy this franchise i can only see this S2 as a disapointment

10 eps runs are a curse ... 3 freaking books in 9 eps ?? What the heck that's way too fast , especially in a season where SO MANY characters have so few lines.

YES I'M MAD

Yoshino is always in the background. shame because she is mega adorable. I wish she would get more attention.

I sometimes forget this is AnimeGAF. I pretend it's simply a place to discuss tv shows that happened to be animated. Then I come here to discuss plot or pacing issues. And I'm introduced to discussions about lewd shows.

I am crying. Standing on the edge of the crater. Like the prophet once said. Shows with tokyo this summer come here quickly. You're my only hope.

Just jump in man. Close your eyes if you have to.

Really pushing that MGS V angle.

What's the MGS V of anime?

Metal Gear Solid is complete garbage, so it would be something really really really bad.

I like Attack on Titan as much as the next Non-AnimeGAF'er but is he really trying to justify the bad pacing? lol.

What's the reason for the bad pacing for Hunter x Hunter Ant Arc then?
2 reason , it's closeto the end , and they wanted to follow the manga pacing as close as possible. The ant arc in anime is still so much better than the pacing i got during 2002-2007 i can forgive anything because the highlights are good and seriously the narrator was needed.i see too many people that can't understand "implications" in plots or subplots if the media doesn't put it in their faces.. And when you have a finale arc with so many POW , you need said narrator and pâcing

Iori isnt too bad I guess. Really only Shana is insufferable. I can deal with other kugilolis.
URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI

Wait, I dont understand what happened here. they sent you the wrong show?
Ordered fate zero .
1 week later i ordered highschool dxd

Received highschool dxd, no traces of fate zero so far.

Yoshino is always in the background. shame because she is mega adorable. I wish she would get more attention.
She is so in the background that i have trouble with her character.. it's like she is not active at all.
The first 4 eps of S2 yoshino is only watching dramas on TV .
Seriously ?

Just jump in man. Close your eyes if you have to.
One method like another.
-------------------
Black bullet - 10

Seriously, what are you protecting rentaro ?

I knew , i freaking knew ..dammit

Oh forgot to post this here

22 Jump Street

If you liked the first one you'll love this one. It was non-stop laughs. :DTL could enjoy it, since the whole movie is about the relationship between Channing and Jonah. Especially funny because Jonah acts like a clingy waifu. Last time I laughed this hard with a movie was with This is the End.

Also the trailer for The Interview was great. I love Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill and their group of friends. They're my go-to comedy guys.

cajunator

Banned
Whoah now dont be talking about my Yozakura Quartet catgirl waifu.

So Date A Live 2 is another one of those 10 episode Kadokawa specials? lol

I hate that trend so much :(

Kind of a general question.

Which animes do you guys think have the best stories and/or are the most tense?

Shin Sekai Yori is the most recent nailbiter. That show is super tense and foreboding.

What's the real name of this show so I can avoid it?

Hehee. But it has a moe catgirl in it. I cant avoid it.

Hatewatching is a thing and alot of people do it.

Indeed we do! It keeps the thread flowing.

Well, at least it has a good city shot I guess. Most of everything else I've heard or seen seems pretty awful though.

The Cat Returns - A Ghibli film I hadn't gotten around to seeing before, and it was pretty good though I was kind of surprised at how short it was. Had to search online to know for sure if that cat Muta was the same as in Whisper of the Heart.

Cat Returns is so good! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Harem Flag Show - 10

I enjoyed the bukkake scene.

Whaaaat is this madness?

2 reason , it's closeto the end , and they wanted to follow the manga pacing as close as possible. The ant arc in anime is still so much better than the pacing i got during 2002-2007 i can forgive anything because the highlights are good and seriously the narrator was needed.i see too many people that can't understand "implications" in plots or subplots if the media doesn't put it in their faces.. And when you have a finale arc with so many POW , you need said narrator and pâcing

URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI

Ordered fate zero .
1 week later i ordered highschool dxd

Received highschool dxd, no traces of fate zero so far.

She is so in the background that i have trouble with her character.. it's like she is not active at all.
The first 4 eps of S2 yoshino is only watching dramas on TV .
Seriously ?

One method like another.
-------------------
Black bullet - 10

Seriously, what are you protecting rentaro ?

I knew , i freaking knew ..dammit

Oh god kill Shana with fire. Oh wait...
He took from the Saya book of protecting people.

Jarmel

Banned
Talk about taking certain parts of the show too seriously and blowing other situations out of proportion.

The whole point of the episode was to keep some semblance of hope alive before everything goes to shit. Some people, especially children, need to be reassured that everything will be fine. It would be fucking cold if he just was super depressed serious protagonist 3274 and just told them all hope is lost just to keep atmosphere. If you cannot understand the underlying reason why people would want to be rid of the Lost Children I don't know what to say. They are fated to become Gastrea at some point and they have killed other people. Maybe not intentionally but at any time they can become this monster and kill many people. Obviously it is monstrous to murder children for the sake of resting a little easier at night even though Civil Officers can protect them just fine. And that is also a focal point of the show too.

I really have to call into question why you bother watching this show every week. It's clear you don't like it since every week you just complain about it. I am sure your time is better used elsewhere.

It's contrived and also pretty obvious that something bad is going to happen in these shows when a character promises that everything is going to be alright and everybody is happy. It's telegraphed way in advance to the point of so much of this episode being a waste of time to facilitate that 'emotional bomb' that they drop on you for 'feelz' purposes. It's like people saying the intro to ME3 was good. Oh and the way to seemingly have this 'concept of hope' was to have a bunch of children confess their love to Rentaro. The whole system involving the Lost Children is beyond idiotic in the first place and is a case of what happens when a person doesn't put thought into their world building. Instead of having these kids in military camps where they are trained at very early ages and kept monitoring system to prevent them from going rouge, all the while providing them with basic necessities, you have a horde of super powered children just starving right outside your borders. I can understand parents having issues with their children possibly a Lost Child but there isn't solid enough justification for the intensity of society's hatred for the kids. This is especially the case in that the Lost Children help with the defense of the city. Like they are an integral part of the defense of the city. The monoliths are obviously not fool proof, so it seems like you would be nicer to the people saving you on a regular basis.

Oh and give me a fucking break, I'm allowed to hatewatch just as much as you're allowed to watch whatever. Entertainment is entertainment.
I think it says something about the viewer who can make a statement like that after a whole ten episodes into a series, and still continues to watch it, while putting in extra effort to try to expand on why it's so bad. I think there are way better things to do than to waste it on bad shit! Lol. :D

I'm 10 episodes in, I only have three episodes left. I mean I fully understand the concept of cutting your losses but I do have a problem dropping stuff when it's beyond clear I should have a long time ago. I got through 7 seasons of Dexter before giving that shit up!

Chariot

I dropped Hidan no Aria as soon as the main opened her filthy mouth and I killed every kitten I found when I had to watch Agnese in Index. But it's just charactertyp and Iori has moved away from being just a tsundere, to a cheerful rich girl.
I can't really get into Takane. But then again she was a background add at best, until now. Surely I will see more of her in the future and eventually like her too.
And well, I don't have to get into Idols. I already watched Love Live!, AKB0048 and three episodes of Symphogear and some more of WUG. And its not like Idols are in some way or another in most shows.

The IDOLM@STER 13

I couldn't really get behind the drama. Just tell the fans outright, that the main act is coming late due a storm, instead of trying to just throw more of the others at them without explaination. Plus again poor planning under stress. Song demo reel was kinda weird. Didn't enjoy this episode so much, it didn't really deliver at songs, since they were all little snippets.
But nice to see, that Miki is finally building a fanbase.

The IDOLM@STER 14

I may be wrong when I felt that the show really began earlier. It begins now. Again the show delivers with the montages. It was really nice to see the Idols work and the changes that came upon them.
Puretty boys and super mega evil corporate guy, lol. And damn show, let Iori use her wealth. Show them peasants the power of rich people!
It didn't happen so much, but it was a nice opening act and now I finally get, where the "Honey" comes from.

The IDOLM@STER 15

The shows was really fun to see, I liked everyones performance, even the twin's. Their figure stuff was fun with their bored voices and their being the straight man to Takane were both hillarious. Miki really shined as moderator, its the perfect job for her.The movie trailer was awesome, I would love to see some of this stuff for real. Haruka in villainform was great. Crazy Yukiho was cool, too.
My favorite episode, so full of hillarious stuff and everyone was great, I couldn't stop grinning after the episode. I also think that I want a little Yayoi Plushy now.

cajunator

Banned
I dropped Hidan no Aria as soon as the main opened her filthy mouth and I killed every kitten I found when I had to watch Agnese in Index. But it's just charactertyp and Iori has moved away from being just a tsundere, to a cheerful rich girl.
I can't really get into Takane. But then again she was a background add at best, until now. Surely I will see more of her in the future and eventually like her too.
And well, I don't have to get into Idols. I already watched Love Live!, AKB0048 and three episodes of Symphogear and some more of WUG. And its not like Idols are in some way or another in most shows.

The IDOLM@STER 13

I couldn't really get behind the drama. Just tell the fans outright, that the main act is coming late due a storm, instead of trying to just throw more of the others at them without explaination. Plus again poor planning under stress. Song demo reel was kinda weird. Didn't enjoy this episode so much, it didn't really deliver at songs, since they were all little snippets.
But nice to see, that Miki is finally building a fanbase.

The IDOLM@STER 14

I may be wrong when I felt that the show really began earlier. It begins now. Again the show delivers with the montages. It was really nice to see the Idols work and the changes that came upon them.
Puretty boys and super mega evil corporate guy, lol. And damn show, let Iori use her wealth. Show them peasants the power of rich people!
It didn't happen so much, but it was a nice opening act and now I finally get, where the "Honey" comes from.

The IDOLM@STER 15

The shows was really fun to see, I liked everyones performance, even the twin's. Their figure stuff was fun with their bored voices and their being the straight man to Takane were both hillarious. Miki really shined as moderator, its the perfect job for her.The movie trailer was awesome, I would love to see some of this stuff for real. Haruka in villainform was great. Crazy Yukiho was cool, too.
My favorite episode, so full of hillarious stuff and everyone was great, I couldn't stop grinning after the episode. I also think that I want a little Yayoi Plushy now.

Dont you think Yayoi sounds like the auto focus motor on a camera?

Gundam Seed 40

Yup, now Kira is Jesus. Blegh.

I can't wait until I get to this point in the show. I just might start playing that Nostalgia Critic joke that he did that one time.

Attack on Lolis-10

Seeing this title makes me remember when there were Attack on Titan opening parodies for everything last Spring.

I think one was made for TTGL at one point but it was taken down. I was pissed off.

Soul Eater Not! - 09
This episode was excellent , well animated , on par with the start of this story

The night fight was superbi hope that you didn't waste your budget on those so that you couldn't deliver on the finale , but either way , money well spent .

And that baseball , THAT BASEBALL....

Best way to play baseball !!!
sen01.gif

The soul of baseball is crying ..of joy !

Excellent "calm before the storm" episode.

kurahador

Knights of Sidonia 10
Harem hijinks? Okay not really all things considered but I enjoyed this episode all the same. Izana is probably
making (her) transformation to a girl around this point I'm assuming and Nagate is an idiot for basically falling in love with a alien clone of a girl her liked that has the mind of like a 5 years old.
LoBqIRw.jpg

There need to be Izana disapprove face in every episode.

Ping Pong 10

Billy Mays here with another fantastic product. What a great episode. The music was especially great. Sounded like somebody out of Zelda or a jrpg. Loved it. Then when it went all techno and white it reminded me of PS1 Ace Combat or GT music. God that was great.

The hero returns. Can't wait to see the match between
the hero and the robot

Sword Art Online - 7

They're not even trying to hide the fact that this is a harem hidden under the guise of a serious MMO anime.

I mean, she freakin' admitted her love to him in mid-air with Kirito right in front of her going "WATS DAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!"

Other than that, pretty meh episode. Not horrible, not great. Just meh.

/XX/

Oh, and talking of other French matters; as you may know Isao Takahata was at Annecy International Animated Film Festival to receive its honorary 'Annecy Cristal' prize (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94915094@N06/14388975725/in/set-72157645104569294). During his master-class/conference presentation made on Tuesday, 10 he commented on the possibility of tackling another film project for Studio Ghibli, saying that it all depends on the willingness of the studio to entrust him with another work while reiterating he doesn't know yet anything about his or the studio's future in that respect:

Takahata et sa Princesse Kaguya ouvre le Festival d'Annecy | Buta Connection
http://www.buta-connection.net/accueil/news.php?id=53&link=vu_actu

A lot of information has come all week coinciding with this event (like the transcription made by Gaël Golhen of parts from this said master-class) and the upcoming premier on French theatres of The Tale of Princess Kaguya (these extracts uploaded to promote this premier aren't making the wait a smooth sailin' for me).

In comparison, Keiichi Hara's new film Miss Hokusai was shown at this year's festival too with just a few-minutes sneak peek, and (apart from some positive impressions) we only got a new still image of it to coincide with such event (https://twitter.com/eigacom/status/477344796411838464).

Soul eater NOT! - 10

When i said " calm before the storm" i DID NOT EXPECT this kind of shitstorm

I'm willing to bet that thing will be solved in the end , but that turn of events was a "oh shit !" moment no doubt..i mean seriously guys !

POCHI IS DEAD !

i can't even....

Clearly, KONAMI missed the opportunity of doing some kind of crossover, when they even have partial rights granted by Humikane Shimada to produce merchandising for the franchise:

コナミフィギュアコレクション ストライクウィッチーズ Vol.1
http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/sw/vol1/

コナミフィギュアコレクション ストライクウィッチーズ Vol.2
http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/sw/vol2/

メカ娘 ポータルサイト
http://www.konami.jp/th/menu/index_mecha.html
These are the REALLY old figures/designs, probably before the show was in production even. They did miss the chance since I think the only Humi related thing they make figures of now is that Busou Shinki nonsense, which wasn't a very good show.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online - 7

They're not even trying to hide the fact that this is a harem hidden under the guise of a serious MMO anime.

I mean, she freakin' admitted her love to him in mid-air with Kirito right in front of her going "WATS DAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!"

Other than that, pretty meh episode. Not horrible, not great. Just meh.

poor Lizbest. she was too good for him :(

/XX/

These are the REALLY old figures/designs, probably before the show was in production even. They did miss the chance since I think the only Humi related thing they make figures of now is that Busou Shinki nonsense, which wasn't a very good show.
The first volume of figures was released prior to the animated show's production, yes... but the second one was in fact used as merchandise promotion after the first series ended (http://www.konami.jp/products/s-witches2/index.html).

TheRancor

Oh, and talking of other French matters; as you may know Isao Takahata was at Annecy International Animated Film Festival to receive its honorary 'Annecy Cristal' prize (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94915094@N06/14388975725/in/set-72157645104569294). During his master-class/conference presentation made on Tuesday, 10 he commented on the possibility of tackling another film project for Studio Ghibli, saying that it all depends on the willingness of the studio to entrust him with another work while reiterating he doesn't know yet anything about his or the studio's future in that respect:

This is all well and good, now if only Takahata's movie doesn't take 7 years to make or have 14 year gaps in between each.

In comparison, Keiichi Hara's new film Miss Hokusai was shown at this year's festival too with just a few-minutes sneak peek, and (apart from some positive impressions) we only got a new still image of it to coincide with such event (https://twitter.com/eigacom/status/477344796411838464).
It's looking good at least.

cnet128

Banned
Soul eater NOT! - 10

When i said " calm before the storm" i DID NOT EXPECT this kind of shitstorm

I'm willing to bet that thing will be solved in the end , but that turn of events was a "oh shit !" moment no doubt..i mean seriously guys !

POCHI IS DEAD !

i can't even....

10/10 use of spoiler tags, would click again XD

Jex

Oh, and talking of other French matters; as you may know Isao Takahata was at Annecy International Animated Film Festival to receive its honorary 'Annecy Cristal' prize (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94915094@N06/14388975725/in/set-72157645104569294). During his master-class/conference presentation made on Tuesday, 10 he commented on the possibility of tackling another film project for Studio Ghibli, saying that it all depends on the willingness of the studio to entrust him with another work while reiterating he doesn't know yet anything about his or the studio's future in that respect

Yes please! Takahata da best, etc etc.
This is all well and good, now if only Takahata's movie doesn't take 7 years to make or have 14 year gaps in between each.
He's not called "the Sloth" for nothing.

M3 the dark metal EPISODE 8 RECKLESS FORBIDDEN REALM

Plot could treat Heito better, people should be trying to make friends with him, only one hes been expressive too is Akashi and one other otherwise heavily ignored and forgotten, its kind of sad. Oh well the trip in the realm suggested he does care somewhat for Akashi.

too psychological, should have known the realm would cause an adnomination to appear from their memories :(

mankoto

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - 11
I feel bad for Kawai getting mixed up in stuff like that. At this rate she'll never finish her book. It would've been nice if Usa asked if she was alright instead of silently watching over her. I mean, if she calls it "book of the year" and she suddenly stops reading, something must've happened.

Star Driver - 01
Recommended by a fellow gaffer a week or so ago. Ironically I've heard of it when it was airing but never got around to it. I've even recommended it to my friends saying how awesome it is and danced around every conversation every time they brought it up even though I never saw it myself. And now I'm watching it and at the end of the episode the only thought on my mind is why haven't I seen this sooner? I'll probably watch this slowly to savor the flavor.

Mushishi s2 9
A better episode than the last one, this one really got you in the feels, as the cool kids say now. That flashback. :(

JoJo Crusaders 11
While the fights in the last episodes are more interesting to see, and the ante is up now that one of the main characters is dead, I'm still remain unconvinced with this Arc. Just decent enough to watch, it's all I can say.

10/10 use of spoiler tags, would click again XD

I've been clicking that spoiler tag on and off over and over, and it still makes me laugh each time. Jokes about Soul Eater Not are funnier than Soul Eater Not, confirmed.

Thank you both for your feedback
------------------------------
Puchimas - 55
Afuu learned a valuable lesson !
wait it even got a name ?
Puchimas - 56
Ami & Mami went to do some shonen fishing contest and couldn't win against the natural order
Puchimas - 57
In the end , nobody knew what the call was for !
Puchimas - 58
One of the few exception where dubbing was good.
Now that's what i call a good DUB
Puchimas%21%21%20-%2058.jpg

yayoi is a great pair with ..anyone !
Puchimas - 59
Onigiri catch !
Onigiri runaway !
Double onigiri catch !
It was a Trap !
BAD END
Puchimas - 60
Puchimas%21%21%20-%2060.jpg

Yayoi is still a great partner !!
Thank you puchimas ! that was very informative ! Now let me get some cupo ramen .

I mostly watch anime on my laptop via Crunchyroll these days. But sometimes I like to watch it on a decent sized TV, so I go to watch it on my little brother's Xbox 360, since it's more convenient than dragging my laptop to the living room and hooking it up (especially since the battery for my comp died and I have yet to order a new one). And my brother is usually cool with this. He watches stuff with me a lot of the time. But this time his father was here and it made the entire experience sour.

Now, the show I decided to watch was Bodacious Space Pirates, but that isn't even particularly offensive to any one's sensibilities. But here, the asshat decides to be racist and belittle me for watching it. And what's worse is that my brother actually joined in and called it "stupid Japan porn", among other things. I couldn't even watch the entire episode. I just stopped after 5 minutes.

Just... goddamn.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 11
It's discovering everybody's weakness time. And the senpai facing an introvert's greatest weakness,
Mixers. dun dun dunnnnnnn

I mostly watch anime on my laptop via Crunchyroll these days. But sometimes I like to watch it on a decent sized TV, so I go to watch it on my little brother's Xbox 360, since it's more convenient than dragging my laptop to the living room and hooking it up (especially since the battery for my comp died and I have yet to order a new one). And my brother is usually cool with this. He watches stuff with me a lot of the time. But this time his father was here and it made the entire experience sour.

Now, the show I decided to watch was Bodacious Space Pirates, but that isn't even particularly offensive to any one's sensibilities. But here, the asshat decides to be racist and belittle me for watching it. And what's worse is that my brother actually joined in and called it "stupid Japan porn", among other things. I couldn't even watch the entire episode. I just stopped after 5 minutes.

Just... goddamn.

I feel your pain ..there isn't even something to hate in bodacious space pirate, you experienced a classic experience from stupid and misinformed beings.

Narag

How To Train Your Dragon 2
This was an exceptionally well-made sequel that enriches the characters and the world surrounding them, while upping the stakes and the breathtaking scale of the action scenes. It even manages to surpass its predecessor in its handling of heavier subject matter and themes with a level of grace and maturity unseen in a lot of western animation. It's quite a feat that the film flies through its rather lean script briskly and effectively, with the only straggling hair being the big bad who could've use a bit more development. I would've easily watched another 20-30 minutes too!

And that John Powell score, oh baby.

The above is dead on.

Clov

Takahata is a living treasure! Another work from him would be fantastic. I'm so excited to watch Princess Kaguya when it comes out in North America, it looks beautiful.

Theonik

Kanokon 05-12 -END-
So in the end this was still a pretty bad show but I did have some fun I feel.
They certainly ramped up the lewd in that sequence of episodes.
My mood might also be different who knows.
I give this show 8 XEBECs

Oh forgot to post this here

22 Jump Street

If you liked the first one you'll love this one. It was non-stop laughs. :DTL could enjoy it, since the whole movie is about the relationship between Channing and Jonah. Especially funny because Jonah acts like a clingy waifu. Last time I laughed this hard with a movie was with This is the End.

Also the trailer for The Interview was great. I love Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill and their group of friends. They're my go-to comedy guys.

I need to watch this film. First one was jokes. Don't know why its in the anime gaf thread though.

Narag

Strike Witches 8

XE58vcql.png

rip perrine, you died in the service of the greater good

Show can be really charming at times in spite of the pandering. It's amusing how they adapt certain tropes too like the flyover of that ship.

edit: fuck me, that ending. hit submit too soon

Mekakucity Actors Episode 10 - Fantasy Forest
The forest part backstory at the start was so sad as was most of the episode, but the song and singer made it all so fun for a bit.
Her display of the eye powers back to back was one of the most amazing parts of the series so far, but to be trapped forever :(

Blusby

Just a head's up for people regarding Terror in Resonance/Zankyo no Terror, 4chins-related sources have told me about
leaked info saying that it's going to involve powers, namely control over sound as where the resonance in the title comes in for Nine, Twelves, and Five who is also said to have powers. So I guess supernatural bs invades Watanabe's realm lol.

Hattori

Banned
Kanokon 05-12 -END-

So in the end this was still a pretty bad show but I did have some fun I feel.
They certainly ramped up the lewd in that sequence of episodes.
My mood might also be different who knows.
I give this show 8 XEBECs
a great reviewer in the making --- " it wasn't that great...8/10" x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom