• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Kanokon 05-12 -END-

So in the end this was still a pretty bad show but I did have some fun I feel.
They certainly ramped up the lewd in that sequence of episodes.
My mood might also be different who knows.
I give this show 8 XEBECs
Kanokon was the anime that showed me that is not good to always wanting to watch shows to the end. It broke me.

Narag

Strike Witches 9

1fuGposl.png

Props to the show if they go through with that ending. Will be shocked if so though.

Hattori

Banned
Have you looked at the exchange rate for a XEBEC these days?

Not sure if I would say it broke me but watching these last few episodes on the train was interesting.
I can't say that I have, how many XEBECs are in a Trigger? I need a comparison for science.

I'm watching Tasogare Otome x Amnesia anime after reading the manga, curious of how the adaption was handled with only 12 eps. Like the manga, it has some fanservice, a scene here and there in each episode, but it got me thinking how it gets more on your nose in the anime. I think it's just the natural difference between manga and anime, in manga you go from panel to panel fast, from page to page, so even if there some a fanservice moment in a panel, it's only a fleeting moment in the whole work. Here the camera got in male gaze mode lingering in the cut, and the animation (*bounce*) and even the sound effects (boing!) makes the story a bit less serious for a while.

In the episode 7, there has been a laughable part, the end. Because this is the first "serious" episode, more dramatic, where Shadow Yuuko appears, a breach between the main couple appears,she even throws him down the stairs and we have a plot twist in the epilogue part, she has forgotten him because she has lost her memories. All with the appropriate music, a darker palette, etc.
And then after the epilogue we have this NSFWish pinup! http://i.imgur.com/V7rrVkk.jpg
Mood whiplash. Just not the best moment to do it.

Mahouka episode 11
BqHJaUHCEAEn5Wt.png

Hattori on battle boards! Still reminds me of one thing I liked for the older characters but one thing I disliked for this arc
good male characters end up being on the struggling side because they dont want Tatsuya on their CAD. All they have to do is ask, Hattori too please

Music and visuals were amazing (Ice Pillar Break especially), episode reaffirms my view of it having the best ost this season both songs during the two major games. .

Gundam SEED - 17

Oh wow.

The resistance army's home gets attacked by the enemy, whereas the enemy let everyone LIVE mind you! And Cagali's all, "We can't take this shit from those cowards!" and they go and fight them.

They go to fight dog-mechas with nothing but RPG launchers and Jeeps.

So Kira has to come in and save everybody's ass like you'd expect, and what does Cagali say
after one guy got killed
?

"We all fought desperately! We're trying to protect our friends!"

Oh! You're trying to protect your friends huh? THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU GO AFTER THE ENEMY WHEN YOU WERE HILARIOUSLY OUT-GUNNED AND WHEN NOBODY DIED FROM THEIR INITIAL ATTACK HUH?!?!?!?

Kira delivering dem truthbombs at the end, with a smack for good measure.

Escha & Logy no Atelier 10
I had the widest smile on my face by the end of the episode. Love this show.
But come on, Just get together already Escha and Logy. OTP of the season.

Theonik

Strike Witches 11

Kinda hilarious how this became far more serious and traditional for this type of story since the Witches weren't exactly the focus this ep.
It's actually the 'bad part' of both series I feel. The show is much better when they don't go.
"Old people are evil" on us and give us witches.
You will be pleased to find that the movie is fantastic however.

Chariot

Not sure if I would say it broke me but watching these last few episodes on the train was interesting.
It was very early in my active anime career. I was mostly wachtching fighting shounen and wasn't prepared for this amount of lewdness and stupid.

---

The iDOLM@STER 16

Evil corporate guys are super evil. I mean, shit, they're smelling like evil. Their methods are crude and obviously evil, how did the expect that would work in the long run. It's not like they killed Hibiki, she would've told everyone as soon as she came back, no matter when she got back. Plus, how does he manage to fool his boys. "Underhanded tricks"?
But hey, Hibiki has a fricking crocodile in her flat? What kind of landlord would allow that!? Inumutas woof sounds really fake, too.
I Like Hibiki, but I didn't enjoy this episode so much.

The iDOLM@STER 17
Makoto episode? Awesome.
She is cute and I like her "Hihii". It musst really be a pain to be so typecasted and not really able to escape that without completely burning down. The ending was sweet.
Hnnng.

But, seriously, on ht negative side of thins: Kuroi is so overly evil, its stupid. He is freely spitting insults and looks openly down on people. People like him are usually very polite, even when insulting others. It's their job to look good and decent. He is worse as regular cartoon villains.

The iDOLM@STER 18

Nice to see some more of Ritsuko and her past. The team was nice, too.
Them feels when the fanclub appeared and everything turned green.
Good episode. The annoyed faces of Ryuuguu Komachi at the training were priceless, too.

So, I think I'm finished by tomorrow. What iDOLM@STER show should I watch next?

Narag

It's actually the 'bad part' of both series I feel. The show is much better when they don't go.
"Old people are evil" on us and give us witches.
You will be pleased to find that the movie is fantastic however.

I think it's neat to a degree, like giving the answer to any viewer wondering how the show would be if they played it straight.

Captain Earth 11

How the hell do you see another damn squirrel that looks just like your own alien squirrel with a different color palette and not think the person that owns it might be a designer child?

Whats a neoteny again?

Ugh

Mokoi

Banned
Gundam 08th team 10

Never will get tired of that OP so good. Once again there is commander who doesn't care about his troops lives trying to use them as explosives. Ginias is a insane
remember never drink something someone poured for you because it's poison.
Norris wrecking shit is his gouf. He truly was an ace.

OoDaXIa.gif

Narag

Strike Witches 12 FIN

Ending was about what I expected it to be albeit with a couple really nice cuts on the final assault.

---

Not a huge fan of most lewd shows and so had written this off forever ago as something purely pandering. Not to say there isn't mostly pandering as it is but it was surprising to see that behind all the male gaze stuff, there's some actual substance with the characters and story. Really didn't expect that and as a result, the show came across as something made with some care despite a wart here or there. In particular, I was surprised that they successfully managed to take the typical formulaic storytelling for a short series with a large cast (i.e. focused eps on 1-2 members), tell a complete story in each, and still leave just enough overarching stuff dangling to tie together as a whole in the end.

I suppose that sometimes it's nice to get out of the ol' comfort zone.

That said, no one gives a shit about any actual merit the show might have so here are the waifu rankings:

1. Lynette
  2. Perrine
  3. Sanya
  4. Shirley
  5. Barkhorn
  6. Hartmann
  7. Minna
  8. Eila
  9. Miyafuji
  10. Sakamoto
  11. Lucchini

There, I've done the evil you asked of me, animegaftwitter mafia. Now release my family like you promised.

phaze

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 1-6

Well things got interesting.

That
sneaky, little white son of a bitch. He's obviously very eager to recruit Madoka and has no qualms about manipulating her.
. I suppose this being Urobochi's work there is little hope for sweet justice to be served.

Strike Witches 12 FIN

Ending was about what I expected it to be albeit with a couple really nice cuts on the final assault.

---

Not a huge fan of most lewd shows and so had written this off forever ago as something purely pandering. Not to say there isn't mostly pandering as it is but it was surprising to see that behind all the male gaze stuff, there's some actual substance with the characters and story. Really didn't expect that and as a result, the show came across as something made with some care despite a wart here or there. In particular, I was surprised that they successfully managed to take the typical formulaic storytelling for a short series with a large cast (i.e. focused eps on 1-2 members), tell a complete story in each, and still leave just enough overarching stuff dangling to tie together as a whole in the end.

I suppose that sometimes it's nice to get out of the ol' comfort zone.

That said, no one gives a shit about any actual merit the show might have so here are the waifu rankings:

1. Lynette
  2. Perrine
  3. Sanya
  4. Shirley
  5. Barkhorn
  6. Hartmann
  7. Minna
  8. Eila
  9. Miyafuji
  10. Sakamoto
  11. Lucchini

There, I've done the evil you asked of me, animegaftwitter mafia. Now release my family like you promised.
I'm only letting them go because of your commendable witch rankings (don't be afraid to put Perrine at the top!).

cnet128

Banned
Mushishi Zoku-shou 9

Mushis, why do you do these strange things >.>

A very...interesting episode in its lack of any real conflict. Things happened. They had effects. Some of these effects were unfortunate. Others were fortunate. Life goes on. Who can say what the future will hold?

Jarmel

Banned
So apparently ANN got some of the Gundam G-Reco news. It's not a movie but a TV series planned for two cours. Also Yuugo Kanno is the composer(don't know if this was known before).

Fucking damn it, if Tomino wasn't involved....

jman2050

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 1-6

Well things got interesting.

That
sneaky, little white son of a bitch. He's obviously very eager to recruit Madoka and has no qualms about manipulating her.
. I suppose this being Urobochi's work there is little hope for sweet justice to be served.

TdDKB5d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom