• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

Space Dandy S2
Barakamon
Aldnoah.Zero
Sailor Moon
Terror in Tokyo
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Tokyo Ghoul
P4 Golden

Seems like a potentially decent season.

Key word: "potentially"

Looking at the list for summer on Hummingbird. Looks even weaker than this season overall. A bit surprised. Everyone getting out of SAOs way?

Aldonah Zero
Barakamon
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Hanayamata
Puri-Para
Sabagebu
Space Dandy
Terror in Resonance
Tokyo Ghoul
Yama no Susume

Everyone has different tastes, but I'm seeing lots of potential in the summer season.

Let's go animeGAF, time to root for Japan in the WC!

Pika pika!

wpSU8YNl.jpg

Articalys

I've already got 14 potential shows to at least check out the first episode for Summer season, plus the handful that are ongoing from right now. I'm screwed.

Theonik

Ultimate Girls 1-3
I guess this was a thing. It was dumb.
Very dumb. At the same time it was amusing.
In ways only something this dumb can be.
Let's take this from the start, the company responsible for this is called Masters Of Entertainment, or M.O.E. for short. It is a silly monster fighting show about this guy called UFO man that inexplicably loses his powers. He enlists the help of 3 girls to help him fight the monsters. They transform by touching his magical rod and being covered with white goo. UFO Man is voiced by Tuxedo mask and this is one of the first roles of Fukuen Misato.
It really is lewd and I'm not even saying half of it. This is pretty bad. But at the same time hilarious.

Clov

Looking at the list for summer on Hummingbird. Looks even weaker than this season overall. A bit surprised. Everyone getting out of SAOs way?

It's kind of hard to have a better season than one with both a Yuasa anime and a second season to Mushishi. Doesn't surprise me at all that it's weaker. Watanabe's Terror anime looks great though, can't wait for that.

Ultimate Girls 1-3

Let's take this from the start, the company responsible for this is called Masters Of Entertainment, or M.O.E. for short. It is a silly monster fighting show about this guy called UFO man that inexplicably loses his powers. He enlists the help of 3 girls to help him fight the monsters. They transform by touching his magical rod and being covered with white goo. UFO Man is voiced by Tuxedo mask and this is one of the first roles of Fukuen Misato.
It really is lewd and I'm not even saying half of it. This is pretty bad. But at the same time hilarious.
Even in my anime M.O.E.

Mahouka - 11
Hey anime ! it's a competition ! Why don't you explain at least the rules ?
i fear for this arc , it's not even fast but it's skipping a lot of material... subtle things but thing that help understanding things in the end.
Not to mention BIg chunk of information dropped to the viewer as if it was nothing ....

Don't get me wrong , i was smiling during this episode ALL THE WAY because i'm really enjoying the mahouka - verse because of how intresting and well made it is ....but the anime, even with his attention to detail ( because they really did a good job with all the details ) fails to provide to the viewer clear clues toward the forshadowing aside from the main plot.
Mahouka%20-%2011.jpg

is the viewer even supposed to be aware of what a Strategic class magician is , at this point ? a bit of explanation , anime! please !
it's a real shame , when people are casuallly discussing codenames , truenames , special skills and broken skills as if the viewer should be aware of them when an explanation should have been more necessary than what we got..i get that the point of this scene was to tell tatsuya to not go all out with the broken spells should anything happen in this competition but still ...STILL

People are calling a very well crafted universe bogus , because the clues & info presented to the viewer are just badly presented...

Mahouka is a good adaptation i just wish it was better than this.

Joe Molotov

Ultimate Girls 1-3

Also, dicks. Dicks everywhere.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 9

Fight was a little weak but the first half was the best. Shouldn't really complain though as I enjoy the central conceit of Stands, in particular the danger each new one brings and not fully knowing what it's capable of. Fucking cherry gag was great too.

Been unable to rewatch but was that the Electron Sorceress passing out the tea? Been waiting for Fujibayashi for so long.

Well all the japan magicians big shots were there in the room ... so yeah she was there.
Well everyone except tatsuya mother
of course

--------------------
The world is still beautifull - 10

This show ...this show
10/10 episode , i loved EVERYTHING
Soredemo%20Sekai%20wa%20Utsukushii%20-%2010.jpg

Mastermind Spotted !!!
Nike and Livius are so good in their roles... it's marvelous.

Skull Man 5

The events going on here are complex enough that I'll likely need to rewatch this to fully grasp what's going on. Which is fine with me.
I still don't completely understand what Usami was trying to do.

Mature

Urusei Yatsura - 32
What happens when books become disorganized? The latent bookverse springs forth into our own and mucks everything up! What a bonkers episode. It felt like I might have been missing out on a few literary references here and there, but it was still great fun. I'm definitely starting to see Oshii's fondness for throwing in military stuff whenever the opportunity presents itself which, in the world of UY, can be just about anywhere. Mendou trying to fight off the swimsuit girl was funny, and Shinobu's tantrums are the best part of her character.

Oh, and I guess the librarian aid was Wendy from Peter Pan because why not.

cajunator

Banned
Ultimate Girls 1-3

I know this show is amazing. The girls lose their outfits and the embarassment energy makes them more powerful. They are cuties too.
the style and lewdness makes me wonder if it has anything in common with Juden chan.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 11

Two really strong eps has me looking forward to seeing how the first D'Arby encounter and Dio's World is going to be handled in comparison to the original OVAs. Figure so long as this doesn't shit the bed in the coming months, it'll be an easy addition to my aoty list.

Hitsugi no Chaika - 6-9

The show becomes pretty boring when the focus shifts from the main group. I find the pursuer's group quite irksome actually.

The lack of action is a killer too.

Mekaku City Actors 10
Welp. I knew it was coming. Such a sad and depressing story yet I still don't get how
Marry's mother using her powers killed her but Marry using her powers doesn't kill her.

Captain Plan-Earth 11
Is this shit going anywhere at some point?

Quasar

Mahouka - 11
Hey anime ! it's a competition ! Why don't you explain at least the rules ?
i fear for this arc , it's not even fast but it's skipping a lot of material... subtle things but thing that help understanding things in the end.
Not to mention BIg chunk of information dropped to the viewer as if it was nothing ....

Well I don't think people need to be handheld so much.

The weirdest thing for me, was Oniisama handing out a 'weaponised CAD' to a classmate and none of them batting an eye, even the guys who are suspicious of him.

Quasar

It's kind of hard to have a better season than one with both a Yuasa anime and a second season to Mushishi. Doesn't surprise me at all that it's weaker. Watanabe's Terror anime looks great though, can't wait for that.

Both shows I never watched. Well Ping Pong I lasted half an episode. Mushishi I'm still slowly making my way through S1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom