• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Sidonia ep10: Didn't notice this in the manga but Izana is starting to look more like a girl. Pretty good touch based on how the 3rd gender folks were described earlier..

Strike Witches 12 FIN

Well when you put it like that, you have to continue with the rest of it now! It's amusing to me how Lyne turned out on top in the end. I can't tell if that was simply your stance from the start or the twitter spam was more persuasive than I thought.

Ultimate Girls 1-3

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Those transformation sequences are something else. lol

Mature

Next season should be fun:

Watanabe tier
-Space Dandy
-Terror in Resonance

Excited to see
-Cencoroll 2
-Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:3
-.hack//SIGN

Checking out
-Aldnoah.Zero
-Sailor Moon: Crystal
-Glasslip

Joe Molotov

Hyper Police 07

omg, the facial expressions in this episode were killing me.

ID5tz5n.jpg
QnrsK8x.jpg
OCMG94Z.jpg

7H5mLzw.jpg
u8U1dZC.jpg

Things look bad for Police Company, though. They've gone bankrupt and all their assets have been seized. But I'm sure Natsuki will land on her feet (haha, little cat joke there).

Also watched a few episodes of Aria, not much to say there except that so far I give the show 10 HNNNNGGGGS out of SQUEE. I'm not sure if I should be shipping Akari with Alicia, Aika, or Alice yet.

Theonik

Also, dicks. Dicks everywhere.
Indeed

What kind of show is Jojo? Is it a battle shonen, or just a weird comedy show?
It changes.

Even in my anime M.O.E.
CG Tears weren't M.O.E.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Those transformation sequences are something else. lol
They were really something that's for sure. I wonder if they plan to top them too lol

At last I'm making the thread too!
Destroyed by Toei imminent.

phaze

Madoka Magica 10-11

Edge of Tomorrow - The Anime

Dear lord this show is such a downer. I'll need a major Community binge to wash this down. At least
Homura didn't die as of yet.
Though I suspect, with such pure intentions, her prospects are not looking good. Prepping my tissues for the finale. Yay for the coming back of ED.

Joe Molotov

Madoka Magica 10-11

Dear lord this show is such a downer. I'll need a major Community binge to wash this down. At least
Though I suspect, with such pure intentions, her prospects are not looking good. Prepping my tissues for the finale. Yay for the coming back of ED.

Bwhahaha, you have no idea what's coming for you.

Theonik

You know I remeber we were talking about Kill la Kill and it's really bad use and misunderstanding of the point of postcards. Ultimate Girls takes the cake for that one.
This is some Fujiko shit.

Then you're all going down with me!
I have escaped the tyranny of Toei! Wait. Actually I have the RGZ BDs coming in soon. Nooooo.

phaze

Madoka Magica 12 END

Bwhahaha, you have no idea what's coming for you.

heh Pretty much. Though it wasn't completely out of the blue as they foreshadowed it earlier quite a bit. Well it ended on more positive note than I expected at least. More bitter than sweet but still not a complete downer.
Happy that Homura made it out alive.
After being on (F/Z spoilers)
#TeamKariya bandwagon
I was expecting
the worst for her.

Theonik

Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb 01-04
This was a great start to what looks to be a great show. It did take Oyasan her sweet time to get there though.
But it matters not because it's still fun, and I feel I'm finally really comfortable with where the production values have settled.
I kinda missed this.

Theonik

Canaan 01
piqlzy.png
raeaxh.png

:SDBurton. I want a Miyukichi friend.
So as I expected the voice cast and the character designs are the winners here.
I have NO IDEA what on earth I watched other than that. Story was :TypeMoon as fuck.
There were also some very neat actual sequences if they were not a bit dumb and over the top.
Mostly UNFing at this.
I think I'll survive this.

Chariot

The iDOLM@STER 22

Somehow I am not so invested in christmas episodes, but it was nice to see that the girls have a lot of work and still value their friendship and bound.
Also piles of cake.

The iDOLM@STER 23

Everyone's super busy now, hm. This episode was really sad. No big drama per se, but heartwrenching no less. Losing the connectiong between them, it really subverted what I said about last episode. The success is eating them. Poor Haruka. And Producers fall was very unfortunate. I can almost see the burden on her shoulders.
Miki seems to be a bit cruel, but I actually liked what she did. While it wasn't the best to say, she was honest. In anime girls often tend to lie and than backstab. Miki has an ambition and isn't hiding it with cruel lies.

The iDOLM@STER 24

Man, Idolmaster really is handling the drama well. I didn't suspect that the show would play is that heavy and that good. It was nice that they took their time to build up the characters before they did something like this. Many anime are just making characters hurt, before I care about them. Here I am fully invested in everything that went wrong.
It was nice to see, that Chihaya of all people went forward to help everyone together again and Miki realizing that her ambition is important, but not the most important thing. Everyone coming together and grasping what Haruka really wanted all along and her meeting and traveling with her own ghost was nice, too.
This episode, together with the last goes into my favorites. It was really good executed without being melodramatic or unrealistic. My heart turned into a feel katamari while watching those two episodes.

The iDOLM@STER 25

Damn, it's the first opening. That is very nice in retrospect. I now get a bit more what you meant, AnathemicOne, when you set Haruka as subtle leader, but I still think that that position changes, since there are a lot of other sound and calm minds. The show was really nice, showing the best of everyone. The show really took it's time to end very well.
Kurois last trick was... pretty random. Seriously, this guy.

It is really a good show I enjoyed it, even if not all episodes were to my taste. Even the worst times were still watchable and the show really felt round.
Glad IdolGAF recommended this to me.

I think I have yet an OVA episode to see, but I doubt that there is much changing.
Favorites: Makoto, Miki, Yayoi, Hibiki, Iori
Good: Haruka, Yukiha, Takane, Azusa
Accepted: Mami, Ami, Chihaya, (Ritsuko)
[...]
Honoka-Tier: none

Puchim@s 1-25

Wow, mini Haruka is super annoying :,D
But I do enjoy Yukipon, she is super cute. *__*

/XX/

Winter World Cup? Sure.
Now that's something I can get behind
And that is what we'll have for the year 2022 FIFA World Cup, even if temperatures ain't going to reflect what many understand for a winter.

Somebody post that Makoto soccer fanart. For science.
Which one? Mako-chin from THE IDOLM@STER, and illustrated by Mai Ball! creator Sora Inoue perchance?

I would like to see a pic of the Ned vs Spain match though it would probably be NSFW. Ned demolished Spain.
Thanks for the reminder, man... :-|

And here I thought I could escape from the sorrow sheltering on this unrelated thread... :p

duckroll

Haikyuu - Episode 10-11

They're doing a great job of leading up to the practice match against Nekoma. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the play style of the Nekoma team after those extended introduction scenes for the players. They seem like a pretty interesting bunch. As each new character is introduced in the show, I think it only reinforces how well thought out the characters are. They're likable, have traits which make them a little strange or unique, and every little bit adds to the overall enjoyment of the premise. There were some pretty good jokes in these episodes too, especially the faux-horror moment.

Quasar

Sidonia 10 - Caught up. This continues to be pretty interesting, especially the whole placenta thread as well as the conspiracy laden back story. Only tonight, for some reason, did it start to make me think about the Gargantia back story and potential parallels.

Definitely want to start reading the manga once this is over.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You mean you're not actually British? Surely this means you're more of a cricket fan.
Majority of Britain doesn't care for the ball of foot. Also I prefer snooker.

Miki seems to be a bit cruel, but I actually liked what she did. While it wasn't the best to say, she was honest. In anime girls often tend to lie and than backstab. Miki has an ambition and isn't hiding it with cruel lies.
Guys, he'll eventually learn in due time.

cajunator

Banned
And that is what we'll have for the year 2022 FIFA World Cup, even if temperatures ain't going to reflect what many understand for a winter.

Which one? Mako-chin from THE IDOLM@STER, and illustrated by Mai Ball! creator Sora Inoue perchance?

Thanks for the reminder, man... :-|

And here I thought I could escape from the sorrow sheltering on this unrelated thread... :p

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm already hooked onto Puchimas, Yukipon is just too cute, it melts me from within.
I will. There are worse things than dying of cute.
Shiiiiiiiiitteee
I definitly watching Puchimas first, but you're saying Xenoglessia is worth being watched?

--

The iDOLM@STER 19

I always thought that Takane could be a robot, she reminded me of a more social aware version of the grey haired robot idol whose name I forgot. I don't know what I thought, since Idolmaster plays in a relatively realistic world. Damn anime let me expect everything.
Also Jupiter: "What, our obviously evil boss is ... EVIL!?"
"Yes, I am pretty much evil. WHAHAHAHAHA!"
I bet he kicks puppys for fun. It's like an internet troll acting like an internet troll in real life.
Anyways, Takane is now down from Honoka-Tier. Very sympathic girl, with her own charm in dry humor.

The iDOLM@STER 20

This the heaviest episode so far. Other than most of the other drama, this is really something that can't be solved by better planning or laughing about it and the core isn't the fault of the antagonist. Sure, he made it extreme, but Chihaya was living with this burden all along.
Its nice to see the character progression and that the things were there all along and could be felt superficial, even when they weren't relevant to the plot at the moment. It feels really like it fit together - regarding to our protragonists at least. The rival agency is just too over the top. At this point even Nolans Bane would be a better fit into the show as antagonist.
Very good episode, although I like the funny ones more. But iM@S is certainly handling drama better than Love Live (and maybe everything else, too). Haruka redeemed herself big time from Honoka-Tier and Chihaya a bit. Little Chihaya was very cute, too.

The iDOLM@STER 21

Kuroi so mad. Say, is he now building a giant robot in secret? Or is he gone for good now?
Jupiter is kinda dull. They needed so long to finally quite and other than main bishi, they didn't even question him, despite his constant bickering about how evil he is.
Chihayas Acapella was amazing and so was Kotoris song in the bar (she also looked stunning in that dress).
Episode was alright.

No girl is now on Honoka tier. Even the twins are alright, since they showed personality individualy, opposed to always the same one entity running gag. But my top-tier idols are still Miki, Makoto, Yayoi, Iori and Hibiki (that's almost half of them, wtf).

I guess as long as you put Makoto in there..

Miss Monochrome?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I ordered a nendo of her <3
Love her so much!

Space Dandy S2
Barakamon
Aldnoah.Zero
Sailor Moon
Terror in Tokyo
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Tokyo Ghoul
P4 Golden

Seems like a potentially decent season.

Key word: "potentially"

Theres always some anime that comes out of nowhere and is excellent completely unexpectedly.

Hyper Police 07

omg, the facial expressions in this episode were killing me.

Things look bad for Police Company, though. They've gone bankrupt and all their assets have been seized. But I'm sure Natsuki will land on her feet (haha, little cat joke there).

Also watched a few episodes of Aria, not much to say there except that so far I give the show 10 HNNNNGGGGS out of SQUEE. I'm not sure if I should be shipping Akari with Alicia, Aika, or Alice yet.

*bounces cause somebody is watching mofu police

Madoka Magica 10-11

oooh...

Madoka Magica 12 END

heh Pretty much. Though it wasn't completely out of the blue as they foreshadowed it earlier quite a bit. Well it ended on more positive note than I expected at least. More bitter than sweet but still not a complete downer.
Happy that Homura made it out alive.
After being on (F/Z spoilers)
#TeamKariya bandwagon
I was expecting
the worst for her.

Hehee. Now watch movie #3
That was quite a ride wasnt it?

Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb 01-04

This was a great start to what looks to be a great show. It did take Oyasan her sweet time to get there though.
But it matters not because it's still fun, and I feel I'm finally really comfortable with where the production values have settled.
I kinda missed this.

I LOOOOOOVE your avatar. Just sayin.

/XX/

Well that would require England to win the world cup so of course it won't happen.
That would happen. I live in London, was driving back to home after midnight yesterday and the roads were peculiarly empty. England flags everywhere. There were several house parties on my street as well, one of them was handing everyone walking buy free drinks lol.

World cup fever is here :D
The thing is you have a very promising team full of youngsters. I think it can do great things in the future, really!

And here in Spain there are people calling for that new blood already... so I think those even envy you a little. ;-)

The thing is you have a very promising team full of youngsters. I think it can do great things in the future, really!

And here in Spain there are people calling for that new blood already... so I think those even envy you a little. ;-)

Yeah I was surprised at how well England played. People joke about Spain but nevertheless their team is full of all stars. I still maintain the notion that Spain have the best team in the World Cup.

I think I have yet an OVA episode to see, but I doubt that there is much changing.
Favorites: Makoto, Miki, Yayoi, Hibiki, Iori
Good: Haruka, Yukiha, Takane, Azusa
Accepted: Mami, Ami, Chihaya, (Ritsuko)
[...]
Honoka-Tier: none

Oh you.

Well.. At least you got Yayoi on your favorites list...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah I was surprised at how well England played. People joke about Spain but nevertheless their team is full of all stars. I still maintain the notion that Spain have the best team in the World Cup.
They lost 2-1. If that's playing well they have no chance. Also there is no excuse for people saying up past midnight making noise because of football. You don't see me playing Go My Way out loud at one am in the morning.

Chariot

Guys, he'll eventually learn in due time.
I guess as long as you put Makoto in there.

Oh you.

Well.. At least you got Yayoi on your favorites list...
Eh, eeeeeh?!
Why do you guys hate Miki so much?

--

Puchim@s 25-64

Apparently I'm not dead. But it was close. That was so cute and funny. Takane really shines here, also Iori getting randomly stuck in all kind of places. I also always lose my shit, when the music starts to slow down. And Yukipo is so adorable, I want one at home *__;

Also: are the puchiidols essentially very cute stands? The way Haruka, Ritsuko and Takane mastered them, I want see them fight. Somehow.

Gotta do some stuff now, but can't wait to watch the second season :<

They lost 2-1. If that's playing well they have no chance. Also there is no excuse for people saying up past midnight making noise because of football. You don't see me playing Go My Way out loud at one am in the morning.

You can only blame yourself.

jgminto

Baby Steps 11

Once you've noticed the CG monstrosities, it's pretty much the only think you can focus on in the show. I guess there was a tennis game this episode too?

ibjUzDDwBuQGm4.png

Looking into their eyes is a lot like staring into the face of Satan, it changes you on the inside. Turns you into a poorly textured husk of a human. One of them.

ilE4sj3RXZ3sc.png

You start to aimlessly wander around tennis courts with your identical brothers and sisters. Perhaps you will try to put your hands to your face and scream, for help or to warn others, who knows. But it doesn't matter, you've forgotten how to move your mouth. You just stand there, hands cupped to your face, expressionless as you writhe in agony inside your new form.

ifc3lDmmAXhGn.png

And as you continue to watch tennis you lose track of time. Game after game, set after set, match after match. It all just blurs together and you lose track of time. A single game of tennis somehow both stretches out for an eternity and goes by in an instant as you constantly hear children nearby repeat the basic rules of tennis over and over, yet you can never tell them to stop.

Beside you and across the court you notice poor individuals, their faces and bodies warped by the constant barrage of tennis. But you have no pity to spare for them. You envy them in fact, for they are not like you. They have not yet become the oozing monstrosities cursed to an eternity of tennis. Perhaps it is not to late for them. If only you could warn them of the trap they ignorantly place themselves in by watching Satan's Game, Tennis. But you can do nothing to help them. That is the curse of the...SPECTATOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom