• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Even given the fact that nothing you post is ever, EVER serious, that is perhaps the strangest thing you've ever said. Do we live in the same country?
I sometimes say serious things. :( And come on it's true. I looked it up, week ending 4th May 2014 only 3.91mil tuned into Match of the Day. If we say the population of the UK is 63.7mil then only about 6% of the population tuned in. Also that was the 29th most watched show on BBC1. More people watched Antiques Roadshow. Also interesting to note that 2.35mil watched the Snooker that week and that's never put forward as one of the big sports.

Tune for an IP check on BGBW

They lost 2-1. If that's playing well they have no chance. Also there is no excuse for people saying up past midnight making noise because of football. You don't see me playing Go My Way out loud at one am in the morning.

Wow man you sound angry.

The World Cup is a time to have fun. Something about the idea of absolute strangers getting together having a laugh with some drinks, cheering for their respective countries and even becoming friends at the end of the night makes me say I'm up for it. I'm not even that big on football but I dig the festive atmosphere.

I think most people agree England played much better than Italy in that game. I'm sure the stats agree as well. It was unfortunate they lost but they played well and that gives people confidence.

Well I don't think people need to be handheld so much.

The weirdest thing for me, was Oniisama handing out a 'weaponised CAD' to a classmate and none of them batting an eye, even the guys who are suspicious of him.
I think they kinda need. Aside from people who have read the books already from the reaction i've gathered myself few understood really what went there i can only hope that those won't scream when that scene will become trully revelant later as it served as a forshadowing for future events.

There is no need to be surprised Someone on the engineering team of the biggest magical school of the country in charge of CAD and skilled enough to turn off critics( at least for now ) made something on his past time.
There is nothing strange about that.i mean it. In fact having a CAD in his room is no surprise
Non Non Biyori 7

Episode mostly dedicated to Renge, so it's one of the best so far. Her interactions with Candy Store were good.

Pretty sure rabbits aren't that smart.
Rabbits are smarter than one believe..they are just too easily swayed by their instincts .
The only weird thing is how that rabbit jumped to close the door

Gundam Seed- End

The first half of this show is some boring bullshit, straight up. Bad characters, bad battles, and bad pacing are the biggest culprits. There are a couple good moments but it's just filled to the brim with melodramatic crap. The second half cuts out a lot the junk, though not all of it, and gets down to business. It's still not some amazing thing but it was actually fun to watch. Though in a lot of ways the damage was already done, character wise, from the first half.

They try so fucking hard to make you care about Kira and Flay's relationship but it just never happened. I dislike those characters and didn't give a shit about their feelings for one another. Thought the transitions of Lacus, from sucrose overload idol to revolutionary mastermind, and Kira, from the biggest baby ever to space Jesus warrior monk, were kinda abrupt and not believable.

In the second half the drama transitioned from being all relationship snooze fests to battlefield brawls and it was much better for it. All of the episodes during the last battle were great, very intense with some great one on one battles. It was more of what I wanted from a Gundam show. I don't mind relationship stuff if it's well done but most of it was junk here. So when they moved away from the show being centered around that it got much better.

Le Creuset was a lame villain, the most development they give him is when it's revealed he's a clone of Mu's dad but then it's not really addressed again. Then he just becomes crazy kill everybody guy. The better villains were the Earth Forces and ZAFT as evil entities.

Lacus is weird to me. They push her hard to be super important but how much screen time does she actually have? When am I supposed to develop any attachment to her character? I feel like she was barely there and half the time she is she's just singing the same fucking song over and over. Then all her lines are just generic "but peace guys really come on now fighting leads to more fighting this is so deep." Or she's silently staring at screens/Kira while making concerned faces. Can't say I cared for her at all.
Kira & Flay was there since EP1 , kira was intrested in her ( but from affar ) and then 10 eps later flay , fuelled by revenge made a move on a confused kira ..their relationship was there , even if it was fake and the thing is kira realised ( in the second part that flay was fuelled by revenge too and wanted to help her and couldn't this is the main link between them.
As for Lacus, she is a coordinator and thus capable of anything , furthermore she was already involved in politics ( given her father position ) her change of situation is not that unbelievable if you understand that the air head princess attitude is just a facade.
Lacus is someone who understands that to have peace , you need big guns , or big gundams, she understand that you need power if you want to push your ideas ... And that's what make her so fearsome. She isn't there swayed by endless politics like some other girls in her situation, she marches forwards , recruit people to her cause like a valkyrie and send them fighting and doesn't fallter even when someone close to her dies.
Lacus is saying " i want peace and co-existance" but armed with a machinegun and that's what make her effective.

The Justice and Freedom were cool ass mobile suits, their fights were always really good. In fact a lot of the fights in the second half were very cool.
Had to laugh when Cagalli gets her Gundam and it's most pink. Gundamz 4 Girlz™

Character rankings:

Like- Mu, Athrun, Cagalli, Murrue

Neutral- most of the side characters like Tolle, Sai, Erica, Miriallia, Tiger, Natarle etc.

Dislike- Kira, Lacus, Flay, Le Creuset. But special shoutout to Kira and Flay for being particularly unbearable.

I won't be watching Destiny anytime soon. Kinda done with these characters for now.
If you watch destiny , you're going to regret Kira... You'll get awesome Athrun , because a big chunk of the show is seen throught his eyes but yeah , you'll regret kira because he doesn't cry anymore in destiny ( thank god ) but you'll get something worse from another character as a result.

I sometimes say serious things. :( And come on it's true. I looked it up, week ending 4th May 2014 only 3.91mil tuned into Match of the Day. If we say the population of the UK is 63.7mil then only about 6% of the population tuned in. Also that was the 29th most watched show on BBC1. More people watched Antiques Roadshow. Also interesting to note that 2.35mil watched the Snooker that week and that's never put forward as one of the big sports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27856556

England vs Italy match......15.6 million viewers.

Haikyuu!! Episode 11: Decision
BqKReutCAAE4lRY.png:large
BqKT6ZfCIAAsjGF.png:large

Fantastic episode. The debut of Kenma (voiced by Yuki Kaji), was utterly amazing. Such perfect art for such a perfect character was really exciting and pleasing. Kenmas instant appreciation of Hinata and even getting inspired from him and excited enough to even look forward to him was so good. Kenma is my favorite setter in the series so am looking forward to the match animated.

Kuroo was a good too and Yamamoto from Nekoma gave a funny brief moment when he saw how excited Kenma was there.

I can't believe a human being over the age of 20 wrote this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOplYCfKTA

How does such a terrible show have such an awesome first OP?

Like, for real. Stand up to The Victory is one of the catchiest OP's I've ever heard.

Is there a lower point than this in Gundam's history?

Well there was A Wakening of the Trailblazer.

Jojo 3
Yup definitely vampires.
Oh god Dio's scream at 21:26 is so hilarious xD

UUUUUUURRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Madoka Magica 12 END

heh Pretty much. Though it wasn't completely out of the blue as they foreshadowed it earlier quite a bit. Well it ended on more positive note than I expected at least. More bitter than sweet but still not a complete downer.
Happy that Homura made it out alive.
After being on (F/Z spoilers)
#TeamKariya bandwagon
I was expecting
the worst for her.

Don't watch the third movie. If you love the way this show ended and you don't want your memories of this show tarnished in ANY way or form, don't watch the third movie.

Full version of daze and its instrumentals are definitely up there for potentially best full version op song of the season (tied with fhana), and the full version of days and its instrumental isnt bad too. Mekakucity Actors has great music.

Tenumi

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: 11

I swear, this should be called the "How much can Polnareff bleed" Show.

Teekyu 2 01-03

Kindergarten warfare, hiding from the CIA and combining. The usual tennis club stuff. The new OP/ED song is actually quite good, but I think I'll miss the bad one from the first season anyway. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27856556

England vs Italy match......15.6 million viewers.
What are you trying to prove? That's still not 51%+ of the population so still a minority. Face it, you've been lied to your whole life by the football loving oppressors but now is the time to rise up and tell them what's what. Join the revolution and say out loud and proud I'm British and I don't give a rat's arse about footie!

Clov

Once your wallet is ready watch it. You will be in for a nice surprise with the movie.

Yep, it's a very divisive movie. Despite everything there's a lot of good in it though, so I'd still recommend you watch it at some point if you want more Madoka.

fertygo

Don't watch the third movie. If you love the way this show ended and you don't want your memories of this show tarnished in ANY way or form, don't watch the third movie.

Hey, there's people that liking the movie, its divided pretty even.. let people get their own judgement.

For me the TV ending is pretty meh anyway, so I don't mind.

Hey, there's people that liking the movie, its divided pretty even.. let people get their own judgement.

For me the TV ending is pretty meh anyway, so I don't mind.

I hate Madoka Rebellion. But I can understand why other people like it. But coming from my viewpoint on why I hated it so much, I'll always recommend people not to watch it.

And if they do watch it and enjoy it, then I'm not gonna hold it against them.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace Episode 36:

Probably fro the best that this show is going on hiatus during the World Cup, kind of paling in comparison.

Gundam SEED - 22

Ah yes, it's the scene where the hotshot female pilot of the heroes and the noble pilot of the enemy forces find themselves stranded on an island and confront each other.

It would be years later before a certain other mecha anime did the exact same thing.

jbug617

Banned
Just a heads up for Strike Witches fans, both S1 and S2 DVD/Blurays are on sale at Amazon for under $15 each. It's the SAVE edition but the cover is reversible and the original covers are the reverse side.

Mokoi

Banned
Diamond no Ace Episode 36:

Probably fro the best that this show is going on hiatus during the World Cup, kind of paling in comparison.

How grounded in reality is this show? I love baseball, but don't want to start watching if it pulls outlandish stuff like willpower trumps skill.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
How grounded in reality is this show? I love baseball, but don't want to start watching if it pulls outlandish stuff like willpower trumps skill.

Surprisingly grounded for a show that is amped up on SHONEN EMOTIONS. I haven't seen any Prince of Tennis styled wackiness and the series does analyze baseball to almost a fault.

Standing on the Edge of Brynhylrldlrldllrlr Like The Prophets Once Said 11

lol new girl comes in with a couple of episodes left and
falls for the main guy and straight up kisses him in front of everybody
. Also more selfless witches. God so boring, have a personality besides "we all love the main guy" please.

Mokoi

Banned
Surprisingly grounded for a show that is amped up on SHONEN EMOTIONS. I haven't seen any Prince of Tennis styled wackiness and the series does analyze baseball to almost a fault.

Thanks, if it does analyze baseball that hardcore then I think I'll like it.

Chariot

Standing on the Edge of Brynhylrldlrldllrlr Like The Prophets Once Said 11

lol new girl comes in with a couple of episodes left and
falls for the main guy and straight up kisses him in front of everybody
. Also more selfless witches. God so boring, have a personality besides "we all love the main guy" please.
Didn't see the recent episode yet. but read the manga and they skipped the arc with a witch that wouldn't spread the legs for Main
not that she could've, but you know what I mean

What are you trying to prove? That's still not 51%+ of the population so still a minority. Face it, you've been lied to your whole life by the football loving oppressors but now is the time to rise up and tell them what's what. Join the revolution and say out loud and proud I'm British and I don't give a rat's arse about footie!

I'm not trying to prove anything. Just giving you information since you were looking at viewership numbers.

No one said anything about having to like football to be British lol That doesn't even make sense.

cajunator

Banned
Eh, eeeeeh?!
Why do you guys hate Miki so much?

--

Puchim@s 25-64

Apparently I'm not dead. But it was close. That was so cute and funny. Takane really shines here, also Iori getting randomly stuck in all kind of places. I also always lose my shit, when the music starts to slow down. And Yukipo is so adorable, I want one at home *__;

Also: are the puchiidols essentially very cute stands? The way Haruka, Ritsuko and Takane mastered them, I want see them fight. Somehow.

Gotta do some stuff now, but can't wait to watch the second season :<

Sorries I dont like a lot of blonde characters in anime. Miki, Cecilia, Kirino. Dunno they just irritate me.

Soredemo Sekai Wa Utsukushi10
The power of love will overcome a cult.

I kinda forgot this show. Need to revisit it.

They lost 2-1. If that's playing well they have no chance. Also there is no excuse for people saying up past midnight making noise because of football. You don't see me playing Go My Way out loud at one am in the morning.

I wish Oyasan delivered my pizza.

Im not saying Ive done this before but I MIGHT have

Hnnnnnng I don't keep up with this guy's twitter so I'm glad to see new stuff. DA GODDESS, also goddess, Iori (goddess) butt.

OH MY....I dont like soccer but...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom