• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there! And let's recognize the best anime dad...

Why are you posting the wrong dad?

Father of the year right here
s6eSLkq.png

Theonik

Just a heads up for Strike Witches fans, both S1 and S2 DVD/Blurays are on sale at Amazon for under $15 each. It's the SAVE edition but the cover is reversible and the original covers are the reverse side.
But BD cases are transparent so this is for naught.
Never got anyone who did them for BD. YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE CASES REVERSIBLE IF THEY ARE TRANSPARENT.

Mokoi

Banned
Good tasteOf course I'm hyped.
But I route more for class rep-chan. Dense fucker should finally take his waifu

You know I wonder if there is a list somewhere ranking dense mc's.

Ping Pong 8

Kong has turned into my favorite character.
Sucks he won't be able to go back home
, and Love ya, peco!

Mokoi

Banned
Is that even possible? Most are running at maximum density all the time. But I really could cry, everytime I see Ichika in Infinite Stratos.

Ah yeah every Mc is kind of equally dense, and I don't know how dense Ichika is because I didn't watch stratos. It looked like shiiittt!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Baby Steps Episode 11:

Baby Steps as of late has been succumbing to the same issues I have with Ace No Diamond and that is the analysis of the game starts to get tiring and bogs down the pace of the game and I get bored.

The iDOLM@STER 22

Somehow I am not so invested in christmas episodes, but it was nice to see that the girls have a lot of work and still value their friendship and bound.
Also piles of cake.

The iDOLM@STER 23

Everyone's super busy now, hm. This episode was really sad. No big drama per se, but heartwrenching no less. Losing the connectiong between them, it really subverted what I said about last episode. The success is eating them. Poor Haruka. And Producers fall was very unfortunate. I can almost see the burden on her shoulders.
Miki seems to be a bit cruel, but I actually liked what she did. While it wasn't the best to say, she was honest. In anime girls often tend to lie and than backstab. Miki has an ambition and isn't hiding it with cruel lies.

The iDOLM@STER 24

Man, Idolmaster really is handling the drama well. I didn't suspect that the show would play is that heavy and that good. It was nice that they took their time to build up the characters before they did something like this. Many anime are just making characters hurt, before I care about them. Here I am fully invested in everything that went wrong.
It was nice to see, that Chihaya of all people went forward to help everyone together again and Miki realizing that her ambition is important, but not the most important thing. Everyone coming together and grasping what Haruka really wanted all along and her meeting and traveling with her own ghost was nice, too.
This episode, together with the last goes into my favorites. It was really good executed without being melodramatic or unrealistic. My heart turned into a feel katamari while watching those two episodes.

The iDOLM@STER 25

Damn, it's the first opening. That is very nice in retrospect. I now get a bit more what you meant, AnathemicOne, when you set Haruka as subtle leader, but I still think that that position changes, since there are a lot of other sound and calm minds. The show was really nice, showing the best of everyone. The show really took it's time to end very well.
Kurois last trick was... pretty random. Seriously, this guy.

It is really a good show I enjoyed it, even if not all episodes were to my taste. Even the worst times were still watchable and the show really felt round.
Glad IdolGAF recommended this to me.

I think I have yet an OVA episode to see, but I doubt that there is much changing.
Favorites: Makoto, Miki, Yayoi, Hibiki, Iori
Good: Haruka, Yukiho, Takane, Azusa
Accepted: Mami, Ami, Chihaya, (Ritsuko)
[...]
Honoka-Tier: none

It's actually a remix of both OPs and all in glorious 2D animation! But glad you liked it and Kuroi is just a salty old guy.
Edit: I was actually hoping Chihaya would receive a boost, but can't win them all I suppose. Personally love Chihaya due to her singing voice and her character arc just compliments it.

And it looks like you alrady finished the first season of Puchimas! by the time I replied, go and and watch the second season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom