• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now this seems to be a more interesting character design, although simpler.

BLeach does have some kind of neat character designs.

Kubo used to do great character design, but a lot of his later output looks really homogenized. By the end of the Bleach anime everyone has the same face, just different hair.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Guilty Crown R1 10

i0n0D.jpg

Zero's grip on his Black Knights isn't the firmest. That's definitely going to come back and bite him in the ass in the not so distant future.

Meanwhile, Orange Boy's grip on sanity grows weaker by the day.
He's clearly no match for Kallen's new OP toy. I wonder if Lancelot is.

And hopefully after Cornelia's
arc's done, we'll get to know what's up with that CC girl.

Very nice third season... the fights were very good and the tension was very well done ( except the low point phases in the start of the season ) ..EP2 & 6 if i'm right

Overall , everyone fought bravely , the fights were intense and i got my obvious good end ..

I'm satisfied

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 10

Britannica yet again gets outsmarted by Ledouche. It wasn't all straightforward, however. It seems
Some lingering doubt still lies within the Black Knights on terms of Ledouche's
leadership style.

Nonetheless, work got done and now the antagonists with mentally unstable figureheads in hand, are going to need to find a strategy or power to counter this new force that claims the flag of "justice".

Also I like the look of
Kallen's
new mech. It's all "claw-ey" and stuff. Here's to hoping Black Knights get new resources that make for good explosion stills.

Cwarrior

Kubo used to do great character design, but a lot of his later output looks really homogenized. By the end of the Bleach anime everyone has the same face, just different hair.

By anime/manga standard for the amount of characters featuring in his manga his art is up there around the top, leagues better then most, but that's mostly cause 99% anime/manga character art is terrible where everyone is tracing old awful popular character design from the past or newer popular characters, how many everyday black haired white shirt wearing bland mc can we have.

lets face it most anime/mangka can't draw 10+ characters without most of them looking alike, kubo drawn like 100 and done good job making them look different.

Kubo is like one of the few mangaka that knows of the existence of Hispanics.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I haven't looked at VLC in a long time so I really can't say anything about it. I use MPlayer.app myself. Has the handy option of spitting out screenshots on a frame by frame basis which is perfect for gifs.

cajunator

Banned
Whats the best bluray player? I need one for my compy (if it can even handle the bitrates or whateveR)

Talking about a BD-ROM add on.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I use MPlayerX, though I have yet to compare the two myself.
Well I used MPlayer OSX Extended for ages and the .app version is just a improved version of it. Gave MPlayerX a little try. Seemed nice and two advantages I noticed were, it allows for continuous playback of a series without messing about with a playlist and you can easily substitute the subtitle font with your own. But familiarity and the command line options is what kept me using what I use.

I wanted to check MPlayerX, but isn't it only for Macs?
Mac only. MPC is basically the only choice for Windows, it's the setting up of codecs you have to worry about.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well I used MPlayer OSX Extended for ages and the .app version is just a improved version of it. Gave MPlayerX a little try. Seemed nice and two advantages I noticed were, it allows for continuous playback of a series without messing about with a playlist and you can easily substitute the subtitle font with your own. But familiarity and the command line options is what kept me using what I use.
MPX passes command line options just like MPE did.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 11

Fuck. Yes. So much fun.

This is how you do a mech action show. This episode had more quality action in it than the first season of Rinne no Lagrange in its entirety.

Suzaku and Kallen faced each other for a couple of seconds... But that wasn't the confrontation yet.

And stop teasing us with CC's real name, dammit.

You'll have to watch Spice and Wolf if you want to get the full backstory on CC.
http://i.minus.com/jnYpF8bWNm9x.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wut.

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 11

So it seems that Britannica is in the complete shitter unless
Suzaku is behind a mech to save their intolerant asses.
Pathetic.

We get a bit of more (abstract, weird, mildly symbolic?) coloring on who C.C. is and her name (which is obscured oh-so-cleverly from the viewer). The experience of her
saving Ledouche's butt
along with her initial offer has made Ledouche and her grow a bit closer.

However, Kallen has a strange look in her eyes seeing them together.

Delicious. Scrumptious.
N.
T
R

Also the mech fights are quite fun to watch, way better than the ones in Guilty Crown.

Soma

As far as media players go, I've been using PotPlayer. Someone recommended it in the VLC 2 thread and I've had literally no problems with it.

Looks really nice with this particular skin.

Sankarea 2-4

nul68.jpg

This season is just delving into all sorts of weird girl concepts isn't it?

Ghost girls.
Drool girls.
Zombie girls.
Gun girls.
Bread girls. (lol)
Shiba Inu girls.
Shogunate Warlord girls.
Eldritch Abomination girls.
Vampire girls... conspicuously missing this season (i might be wrong on that).

Anyhow this show's been pretty enjoyable but my lord that ED. Just... man. Fuckin' beautiful.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
As far as media players go, I've been using PotPlayer. Someone recommended it in the VLC 2 thread and I've had literally no problems with it.

Looks really nice with this particular skin.

Sankarea 2-4

nul68.jpg

This season is just delving into all sorts of weird girl concepts isn't it?

Ghost girls.
Drool girls.
Zombie girls.
Gun girls.
Bread girls. (lol)
Shiba Inu girls.
Shogunate Warlord girls.
Eldritch Abomination girls.
Vampire girls... conspicuously missing this season (i might be wrong on that).

Anyhow this show's been pretty enjoyable but my lord that ED. Just... man. Fuckin' beautiful.

Vampire Ninjas!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well unless they've changed it in a later version (haven't updated in a while) it doesn't seem to allow you to save commands and turn them on and off for when you need them. And it doesn't seem to have an option to say where to save screenshots. Default is the desktop but when I run the command "-vo jpeg -ss 00:11:14 -endpos 15 -nosub" nothing appears. I guess I can play around with it a bit more, but for now I'll stick to what I'm used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom