• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Lupin is obviously the best OP of the shows this season. Space Brothers has a pretty good opening, too, and I like Kids on the Slope's a lot. Those are the ones that really stand out to me right now.

I'm definitely unsure about spots 3-7, those really could still go in any order at this point. Still, here's my list at the moment.

1. Saki Achiga-hen: Episode of Side-A
2. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
3. Natsuiro Kiseki
4. Mysterious Girlfriend X
5. Polar Bear Cafe
6. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
7. Upotte!
8. Yurumates 3D
9. Medaka Box
10. Naruto SD: Rock Lee's Adventures

Still need to watch: Lupin, Hyouka, Space Brothers

jman2050

Wait we have people watching Code geass live right now?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy
*eagerly waits for them to get to episode 22*

images

What's wrong with that?

I wish I had massive tits. I always lose my flash drives.

Man, if only that wasn't Code Geass.

Articalys

There's too many OPs I like from all the ones I've listened to from this season so far to make a proper ranked list without thinking about it for a long time, plus some of the full versions aren't even out yet. This is an amazing season for theme music!

Here's my ranking of the OPs worth mentioning:

1. Lupin
2. Space Brothers
3. Tsuritama
4. Eureka Seven AO
5. Kids on the Slope
6. Sankarea
7. Saint Seiya Omega
8. Zetman

I go by music only, and the only two I like enough to buy are Lupin and Apollon.

If I were to judge music only, I'd go with Lupin, which has far and away more compositional interest than the usual pop songs, and Space Brothers for its inspirational qualities. Perhaps Tsuritama for its happy-go-lucky quirkiness. Also would have to give a musical shoutout to the EDs of Kids on the Slope and Sankarea.

Soma

Here's my ranking of the OPs worth mentioning:

1. Lupin
2. Space Brothers
3. Tsuritama
4. Eureka Seven AO
5. Kids on the Slope
6. Sankarea
7. Saint Seiya Omega
8. Zetman

If I were to judge music only, I'd go with Lupin, which has far and away more compositional interest than the usual pop songs, and Space Brothers for its inspirational qualities. Perhaps Tsuritama for its happy-go-lucky quirkiness. Also would have to give a musical shoutout to the EDs of Kids on the Slope and Sankarea.

I really like Dusk Maiden's OP too for some reason. I think that and FEEL SOOOO MOOOON are probably my favorites.

As far as EDs go, Sankarea's is my favorite. No contest.

Thoraxes

The minimalism in the Lupin OP is just so good, and the way the layering with the rhythmic modulation tickles my composer brain in a good way.
Good lord that was awesome.
WAKAAAAMOOOOTO NOOOORIO DESU

Branduil

Sure, but even for talented animators I doubt there would be any jump at all. It's just wasteful. I feel comfortable sticking in my "amount of frames doesn't matter" position!

It's not wasteful if the additional frames are necessary to produce the feeling the director is going for, like in the aforementioned Haruhi scene.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 18

Suzaku's such a ridiculously classy gentleman.
But his past condemns him, as Zero - who apparently has no qualms about playing mind games with his childhood friend - proves.

And then a new
prince
joins the fray, bring us the closing scene.

-END-

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 18

It was high time for Zero and Suzaku to meet eye-to-eye.
Of course, the politics behind Britannica proved yet again that racism trumps all logic, including long-term gain from a great mecha fighter in order to finish a job the easy way.
Will Suzaku stay in his
naive thoughts to gratify his sense of justice? or shall he look forward from his past and apply it to his future actions?

Time shall speak.

But there was also partying as well and it had....

PIZZA HUUUT!

Articalys

So apparently, recently Bandai had a Gintama character poll to determine who would get new figurines in their G.E.M. line (which is targeted toward women). The results were as follows:

1st place: Kagura
2nd place: Hijikata Toushirou
3rd place: Yagyuu Kyuubei
4th place: Tsukuyo
5th place: Sakata Gintoki (child)
6th place: Ayame Sarutobi
7th place: Leukocyte King
8th place: Sakata Gintoki (Ver. 2)

Random listing of favorite OPs this season based off memory:

1. Tsuritama
2. Sakamichi no Apollon
3. Hyouka
4. Kuroko no Basket
5. Sankarea
6. Fate/Zero
7. Uh, the rest.

Zetman 5

Well they definitely made Kouga look like even more of a spoiled, self-righteous child.

And of course they skipped even more vital stuff including
the explanation about Kanzaki's head.
They're now on chapter 90 or something.

Defuser

So apparently, recently Bandai had a Gintama character poll to determine who would get new figurines in their G.E.M. line (which is targeted toward women). The results were as follows:

1st place: Kagura
2nd place: Hijikata Toushirou
3rd place: Yagyuu Kyuubei
4th place: Tsukuyo
5th place: Sakata Gintoki (child)
6th place: Ayame Sarutobi
7th place: Leukocyte King
8th place: Sakata Gintoki (Ver. 2)

Tsukuyo 4th place? Blasphemy!

As far as media players go, I've been using PotPlayer. Someone recommended it in the VLC 2 thread and I've had literally no problems with it.

Looks really nice with this particular skin.

Sankarea 2-4

nul68.jpg

This season is just delving into all sorts of weird girl concepts isn't it?

Ghost girls.
Drool girls.
Zombie girls.
Gun girls.
Bread girls. (lol)
Shiba Inu girls.
Shogunate Warlord girls.
Eldritch Abomination girls.
Vampire girls... conspicuously missing this season (i might be wrong on that).

Anyhow this show's been pretty enjoyable but my lord that ED. Just... man. Fuckin' beautiful.

Where do you get that skin?

Naruto SD 05
80Oq7.gif

I think the only purpose of this series is to dress up Neji in as many outfits as possible each episode.
An ok episode. The two stories weren't that bad, nothing really that funny, just a little amusing I guess.
I still think the ED is one of the best though. I might be watching the whole episode just for that.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 19

More sexy!

That was quite an interesting episode. Stranded, the
OTPs are switched.

It was fun and, at the same time, sad to see Ledouche interacting with
Euphemia as his brother, and not as Zero. Sad because there's no chance things will work out in a way that they can be together as they were before after it's all said and done.

Meanwhile, we see Kallen's
tsundere and nekkid
side, and that's good too for obvious reasons.

But what the hell was that at the end? At least Zero got some sweet phat loot as a reward for surviving that weird encounter.

Oh, yeah! Ledouche's use of his Geass on
Suzaku was sogood.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Most of the OPs this season are pretty bad and not worth mentioning. Apollon's is pretty cool, but it cuts so many corners visually and the audio balancing is so bad it's kind of embarrassing. Lupin is probably my favorite, very interesting both visually and unique on an audio level.

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 19

Hoo boy, so, quite a little adventure this one.

Stranded.

Zero gets to know the princess better and Kallen gets to see another side and history to Suzaku. vice versa. They seem at odds, but it was a decent time to see more side characters speak with the faces of the series (also Kallen's nakeness).

So, the use of Geass on Suzaku came as I expected, but sooner than I thought. I expected something more...more. I dunno. Anyhow, it's not too much a biggie.

This episode was a tad of fan-service and a tad of self-reflection, with a dash of mecha moves.

It was an interesting pace, but
their location during the episode, lolwut

The new mecha they got looks freakkin' beast though. It comes off as Anubis-ish to me, though I may be wrong on this inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom