• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Hell, considering the control scheme Lelouch is able to use with just a King piece, it's hard to imagine they're that tough to learn.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guys I don't think marathoning Code Geass is a good thing for anyone's brain.
http://i.imgur.com/vTOYA.jpg

Wut
PSP game?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/vlc2.gif
Brilliant!
http://i.imgur.com/pmX2V.gif
http://h12.abload.de/img/freakyjwux8.gif
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
What I didn't like about Code Geass was that it was such a blatant copy of Guilty Crown, it even patterned Shirley after Hare.
It should have copied classier animu like Mirai Nikki.
Kallen is awesome, definitely a strong character in multiple ways.
Piloting a mech makes a character strong now?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgaCJogblO_tdIx1bsvioE2MEySUKm3yecjAAghuPw_s7WyveDkUWlIQiU

What's wrong with that?

I wish I had massive tits. I always lose my flash drives.
The bigger they are the saggier they'll get with age.
FEEL SO MOON

wakamoto aint got shit on this
Fucking this.
When I first heard the song I thought the singer at least was cute. :( Dreams crushed.

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi 02
wUcbK.jpg
And, suddenly our MC is competent!
I am starting to see the fairy tail allusions between at least some of the characters now. And it was pretty awesome seeing the spineless MC grow a spine at least during the fight scene.
The narrator is still literally getting in the way 95% of the time and not sure why they needed to insert the OP as an insert song.

Ezalc

Well, they do come from Japan, the land of intuitive controls.

Wait, that's not it.

No mech control will ever surpass G Gundam's. You controlled it with your entire body. If you didn't know how to fight, YOU ARE FUCKED. I'm mad that none of the other Gundam shows ever used the system again. Setsuna talking about being Gundam, fuck that shit you joystick piloting pansy. Domon was Gundam, Schwarz was Gundam, FUUINSAIKI WAS GUNDAM MOTEHRFUCKER. What are you? You just a bitch.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 20

The
Chinese
were merely a setback.

Awesome action once again. Lancelot's
got wings now, and Ledouche's got his hands on that super pimp mech that even comes with an extra seat for his mistress.

And after this episode, it became pretty clear that Nina's OTP
truly is table-kun. Poor girl. She brought that upon herself.

Guys I don't think marathoning Code Geass is a good thing for anyone's brain.

I think it was fine going through both seasons this past weekend. Sure I did it over 3 days watching over 20 hours of content, both I see no ill effects.
This was also the 4th time doing so in the past 2 years!

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 20

NTR! NTR! NTR! NTR!

Bromance, pavement-kun for that special someone,
A show of Ledouche not taking just any Japanese side; but one that can stand for the nation's independence to the end!
, double leather seats in a single mech and explosiooooooons!

Entertaining piece that ended with
Zero's showing is putting a glint in the eyes of both sides. The combo of dark and light seems to be able to overtake any obstacle.

Yet, the obstacle of ideals remains the same. Jump over the hurdle or leave it be?

Looking forward to finding out.

All we know for sure is that,
Nina shall forever be with Table-kun. LOL

Code Geass R1 20

The
Chinese
were merely a setback.

Awesome action once again. Lancelot's
got wings now, and Ledouche's got his hands on that super pimp mech that even comes with an extra seat for his mistress.

And after this episode, it became pretty clear that Nina's OTP
truly is table-kun. Poor girl. She brought that upon herself.

haha, I always remember liking the news dude. Has amazing hair, and is like the only guy in the show that knows wtf is going on.

Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners 1

The rather vague story was for the most part boring, but the action was pretty great. Shiki vs the spirits was awesome. It was like some crazy fighting music video with some really nice choreography and not bad animation. Another thing that was awesome was Shiki's
possession that required her to cut off her artificial arm
, albeit to a lesser extent. Neat stuff.

I also like how they wasted almost 3 minutes on Shiki eating some strawberry haagen-dasz between her legs, :lol

Working s2 13 (end)

5 / 10. Although I want a season 3 (is one coming?), alot of the anime was pretty boring focused on rather uninteresting characters. Yamada was never tolerable and in the final episode
once again proved how she can always mess things up :/ poor Poplar
. Characters I did care about often were left with little to no screentime, Yamada (white tracksuit), Souta and Souma (who always provided the laughs). Worst the canon relationships in the anime angered me
because none of them ever took off, I mean, come on at least one could have had a resolution in the final episode?

Matsumoto Maya needed more screentime.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 21

Pizza :(

Until now they've handled the silly episodes pretty well. This one, for example, mixed up a bunch of characters in a festival setting in an interesting way, and then, as expected, shit got real.

Poor Euphemia.
She has no clue she's just got into Ledouche's darker side with her supposedly noble intentions. But she has her white knight at her side... So she'll be safe. I think. Maybe.

I wonder what's going to happen to Ougi and whatsername.

Branduil

There's like 6 manga adaptations of Crime and Punishment. The one by Naoyuki Ochiai seems to be the most well known, mainly because it's actually available in English.

That's quite a lot. I wouldn't have expected a novel about a crazy Russian murderer to be so popular in Japan.

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 21

Get this, the school festival planned to create a 21 meter pizza and they do not use...
Pizza Hut products

This already sets the tone for the rest of the episode.

Ledouche almost
gets his identity compromised to Shirley, who has unfortunately gained her memory of him back. Oghi still doesn't know what to do with a free, cooking waifu that has come to him miraculously through the wonders of amnesia. Nunally speaks about love triangles with the princess who then responds by unintentionally shitting on Ledouche's plans.

As the saying goes, "What comes up..."

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 06
Yang is a true bro. He understands us plebeians and will surely guide us to victory. He has my vote, especially because of his soon-to-be hot waifu.

The easiness with which the Rosen Ritters entered Iserlohn says a lot about the Empire's management incompetence. That seems to be a common theme in this cartoon --the old men are fool, in with the new blood!
http://i.imgur.com/KuEiL.jpg

left: 1st volume of Crime & Punishment
right: 2nd volume of Crime & Punishment

motherofgod.gif
Dostoyevsky must be revolting on his grave. I wonder if they moéfied the
horse-beating
dream sequence too.

flawfuls

That's quite unfair. Raskolnikov
only murdered one person and she was already in her late years
. He wasn't that crazy.

lol. So you have to murder at least 2 people to be really crazy? The dude killed her based on the assumption that he would be something along the lines of the next Napoleon and the rest of the book consists of his paranoid ramblings.

Joule

Saki A 4: I need more mahjong swag. While this show is still fairly fun, it really needs more actual playing and matches. Skipping most of the rounds even though it was Achiga vs a bunch of throwaway scrub teams is still disappointing. The whole of the episode might as well have been just to show off what Kuro's special skill is. The in between match scenes were nice though. Saki's crew having baths, Saki herself just looking at laundry spin, the Senriyama girls' studying the other teams on their iPads. It's still a fine show but damn show me more mahjong.

So Kuro's skill is dora tiles get drawn to her. In a way it's a pretty cheap skill. Even cheap garbage hands become godlike with enough dora. If her ability extends to collecting ura-dora as well that's super godlike. Does employ a limited range of tiles though. It's not as ridiculous as rinshan or haitei stuff but it's pretty damn good. I hope it doesn't take too many episodes to expose what Achiga's specialties are. I want to see mahjong super powers collide soon.

This week's scrubs said:
UeUMP.jpg
ixvtw.jpg
npOIe.jpg

Just do it, Nike cap girl and Lightning Brows are some amusing designs.

Swag Swag Swag said:
1cISR.jpg
96PDw.jpg

Kuro is on that DragonGod status.

I was listening to the KoFXIII ost while writing this up and and damn matching this up to some Saki tile slamming would be sick.

Branduil

Patema Inverted - Beginning of the Day 1-2

i2lZ8ywo05e38.jpg

My intuition is telling me this guy is evil. Don't ask me why

This was a pretty nice twelve-minute teaser/prequel. The atmosphere during the exploration scenes really hit all the right buttons for me. It actually reminded me of certain video games more than other anime, in particular titles such as Ico or Portal 2. You can tell that the background art in this is going to be something special, even with the crappy web-video quality. The impression it builds of a decaying and ancient underground world is quite striking.

iBthTeOWsPAGN.jpg

ib0Rl803UcZy6b.jpg

idg8Xdz74uXt1.jpg

iLbYx2dXw0Sp6.jpg

ibmzylMA5TAFsE.jpg

ibxBo78qytUITD.jpg

iPWAx8UVjrh0S.jpg

I also liked the design of her hazmat suit. I was not expecting that ending with the
"Batman," the direction and animation in that scene was top-notch and resulted in incredible tension and suspense.
I'm extremely hyped for this now, moreso than just knowing the director of Time of Eve is behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom