• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what the hell is going on here over the last 500 posts or so, but since I'm incapable of being able to participate in a critical discussion, I'll just post this (which I don't think was posted here before), the contents of NISA's Usagi Drop release.
I like.

Uchip

Banned
I have no idea what the hell is going on here over the last 500 posts or so, but since I'm incapable of being able to participate in a critical discussion, I'll just post this (which I don't think was posted here before), the contents of NISA's Usagi Drop release.

its so sad that because of animes reputation, someone might look at that and think they were lovers

That's clearly not "all" you were saying, because the last post I responded to had nothing at all to do with "people shouldn't get worked out of shape when someone chooses to ignore an arguably well-executed work because they can't get past the subject matter", but rather you were directly attacking the attitude that people are more willing to give something a chance if it is by someone they trust.

But if you feel that you can no longer contribute to this debate because all your viable options of retort have been exhausted, then sure by all means.

I think you misinterpreted my argument (as I may have done for yours), but whatever.

Fairy Tail 68

I like how this does the same thing as Gintama with the ED covering vital scenes in the arc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
NISA packaging is always so nice. I kind of regret selling my box sets, they were both really attractive and really sturdy.

It kind of feels like NISA is dragging their feet on Nichibros compared to AnoHana and Usagi Drop, which were announced later. Have they not released packaging images for that yet?

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 12

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed watching this series. It was very different from what I expected it to be.
That said, this episode was terrible, hahaha. They were trying much too hard to get an emotional reaction out of the audience, and they just poured it on way too thick for me to even take it seriously. Not to mention, the scale of everything blew so far out of proportion I was just like "okay, sure, if you say so, show." I mean, it had hinted at larger things, but nothing near this scale. I mean, we were almost approaching Gurren Lagann territory, and that entire show was building towards that finale. This didn't earn that kind of gravity.

Also, apparently being only a concept, not existing in the other universes, and being basically forgotten means everyone everywhere is thinking about your name all of the time.
RIBBONS.

Eh, it was still an enjoyable watch, if only because it was at least something different. I much more enjoyed the mystery surrounding things like Kyubey, Homura, and the consequences of actions. It's too bad the ending had to get overly sentimental. I would have much preferred the series to end on a down note, but whatever. I had fun.

Homura was my favorite from the start, and she was my favorite at the end. Man, I know myself too well.

NISA packaging is always so nice. I kind of regret selling my box sets, they were both really attractive and really sturdy.

It kind of feels like NISA is dragging their feet on Nichibros compared to AnoHana and Usagi Drop, which were announced later. Have they not released packaging images for that yet?

We might have to wait a bit for Nichibros out of Japan's fear of reverse importing. They probably have to wait till all the volumes are released first before they can even bother with releasing it here.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
its not over yet!

Except
for Sayaka
, olololol.

;_;

We might have to wait a bit for Nichibros out of Japan's fear of reverse importing. They probably have to wait till all the volumes are released first before they can even bother with releasing it here.

Right, I keep forgetting about that. I'd rather wait and have BDs than a DVD-only rush job.

Soma

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 12 END
That said, this episode was terrible, hahaha. They were trying much too hard to get an emotional reaction out of the audience, and they just poured it on way too thick for me to even take it seriously.

Not gonna lie, it worked for me.

;_;

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 12 END

I get where you're coming from.
That scene in which there's the huge blob of darkness coming to swallow the Earth and Madoka just says "Bah, it's ok because of reasons" really bothered me back then.

Glad you enjoyed the series, though. Now sit here with us and wait for the films.

Not gonna lie, it worked for me.

;_;
I wanted to. I honestly did.
I could feel me trying to muster up something inside of my heart, but it was just too much for me to buy into it. I didn't hate it, but they definitely ruined what could have been a cathartic conclusion for my favorite character by just overshooting it, in my opinion.

Forget Nichibros, where's Natsume? They have four seasons to get through!

Jarmel

Banned
well he does, just not from his perspective

PointofView.gif

Very few people think of themselves as evil even ones who commit horrible acts that most people would justify as 'evil'. The fact that he was deliberately misleading through most of the show doesn't help his case either.

Uchip

Banned
PointofView.gif

Very few people think of themselves as evil even ones who commit horrible acts that most people would justify as 'evil'.

well, considering that hes
a powerful alien of some kind
it might be comparable to stepping on ants
would you consider stepping on ants evil?

Jintor

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 12

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed watching this series. It was very different from what I expected it to be.

Yeah, you really hit the nail on the head there for my feelings about it too.
Especially with the 'they didn't earn it' thing

jbug617

Banned
Holy Knight 1

Great quote: "Quit complaining and just have sex with me".

A shy Japanese boy meets beautiful foreigner who wants his genes to fulfill a prophecy. The shy boy also has a female best friend that has a secret crush on him. The moe character seems too over the top though.

wonzo

Banned
looks like a poor mans HanaIro

Ikuhara is known as one of anime's premier auteur directors. I am going to draw some analogies between his work and the work of one of gaming's premier auteur directors, Suda 51.
zjjGt.gif

Seriously, though. Bladeless fans are great if small children are a concern.
it's all fun and games until a fat kid gets stuck in one of 'em

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu 7

RJ2Uh.jpg

Enter Sae's sister, Chika

So the girls all run into Chika, who they haven't seen in a while (and who Nazuna has never met.) While they eat Chika talks about how she's a high schooler and stuff.

I don't find myself to fond of the character. She comes off a default younger sister type, nothing to add.

Also, I keep forgetting Nori exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom