• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

hyouka - 03

Probably the best episode so far but that doesn't say much. Sets up what could be the overarching mystery of the show while Oreki and Co. tackle something smaller.

Just can't escape the feeling that, like the small "mystery" they solved in this episode, the question Chitanda poses in the beginning is going to end up as mundane and boring as everything else.

Also:
dude should've had a little farm in there.
I mean, biology prep club.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So・Ra・No・Wo・To 1

Kanata is just like me, we both suck at playing trumpet. Man, music class was such torture.

Good first episode. But seriously if anything sad happens to them, I'm gonna do something very bad to your waifu Envelope.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Just keep watching to see what happens~

Woot. I figured out a way to post my result.

Oh shit. I forgot to vote for one. Oh well, Horo > Haruhi.

Seriously, it's not that kind of show.
Its no Saikano by any means.

Don't ruin the suspense for him. :(

So I watched Makoda episode 1. Now this is'nt the type of show I would usually watch...

WTF is this show about? Why should I continue. Everything seems slightly off and strange, even the ending themes.

That's the point of Madoka, try to get to at least episode 3!

I am a worthless person who voted against Erio

You make me so sad. :(

Don't forget - crying blue haired girl is the worst character in the show, as one would expect from any blue haired girl in anime.

If I didn't know better, I would think this was a dig at Kanna. :(

Space Bros. 6
Not even the rather poor animation quality could stop me from enjoying this. The strength of the writing really does carry this show when it needs to. I'm rather amazed that this is gonna be at least 4 cours long.

Do people even use the term "cours" when it gets to that point? And that's ignoring the fact the show could go well into the hundreds.

Ultimadrago

image.php
StZOo.gif

cajunator

Banned
I'm glad you're enjoying it! Just keep watching to see what happens~

Don't ruin the suspense for him. :(

That's the point of Madoka, try to get to at least episode 3!

If I didn't know better, I would think this was a dig at Kanna. :(

It is. that's why he had to be overthrown.

I think that's a bit too much, haha.

Well it's an ongoing weekly manga with close to 200 chapters and the anime has good ratings in a good timeslot. The studio is also one of the few willing to do a long-running series these days as made apparent by Fairy Tail. It really could be the first seinen adaptation of an ongoing manga that runs alongside the manga to completion.

cajunator

Banned
Well it's an ongoing weekly manga with close to 200 chapters and the anime has good ratings in a good timeslot. The studio is also one of the few willing to do a long-running series these days as made apparent by Fairy Tail. It really could be the first seinen adaptation of an ongoing manga that runs alongside the manga to completion.

Looks like I will finally have another huge show that I will watch to completion. Haven't done that since Yakitate! Japan.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I dunno, I have a horrible feeling everyone will just vote for another Macross mecha, even though they're just ripping off real aircraft.
Uh I thought this was a serious discussion about which mecha would beat the shit out of all the other mecha. My bad.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ANNCast interviewed a guy who worked in the animu industry (in Japan) in the 80s and 90s, for people who care about all the behind the scenes stuff. I think like once every 10 episodes they actually have a good guest!

Articalys

AKB0048 2

The first half of the episode was boring, but the second half made up for it in spades.
Also, I like both the animation and song for the OP.

Soma

Seitokai Yukuindomo OVA 3

AKA my real most anticipated showepisode this season.

This show has probably been one of my top guilty pleasures for a while. I missed it and I really do wish they would just put out a second season. The jokes were hit or miss as usual and they're pretty repetitive but man I just love the shit out of this show for some reason.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seitokai Yukuindomo OVA 3

AKA my real most anticipated showepisode this season.

This show has probably been one of my top guilty pleasures for a while. I missed it and I really do wish they would just put out a second season. The jokes were hit or miss as usual and they're pretty repetitive but man I just love the shit out of this show for some reason.

All the jokes boil down to "girls say the naughtiest things". I can see why it might work in comic form, since you can just flip through gags quickly.

Although that said, it feels like they go through a joke a minute, so the anime is as close to replicating that type of comic strip timing as you can in a TV show.

Soma

All the jokes boil down to "girls say the naughtiest things". I can see why it might work in comic form, since you can just flip through gags quickly.

Although that said, it feels like they go through a joke a minute, so the anime is as close to replicating that type of comic strip timing as you can in a TV show.

I mostly keep watching and fooling myself into believing something will develop between Shino and Tsuda.

I know it'll never happen but all that sexual tension... :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I mostly keep watching and fooling myself into believing something will develop between Shino and Tsuda.

I know it'll never happen but all that sexual tension... :(
I don't think it's that kind of show, for better or for worse.
(And he'd probably hook up with Judo-Omigawa first!)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AKBooboobooboboboboboboboboboo48 Avsnitt 2

What a disappointing OP. Do they not realise they are competing with RE@DY?

cajunator

Banned
AKBooboobooboboboboboboboboboo48 Avsnitt 2

What a disappointing OP. Do they not realise they are competing with RE@DY?

But Im@s did not have strength through the power of song, heart shaped highlights, illegal entertainment, literal moeblobs, and NO IDOL missiles.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iM@S also doesn't leave me wondering what will happen when the Data Encryption Standard leave a space boat with a hole in the roof.

cajunator

Banned
You don't know how happy this makes me feel right now. ;_;

~Wiiiiiinnngssss of my heeeeaarrttt~

I know. I ended up taking the plunge finally.
It cost more to ship than the DVD itself lol.
Cant wait.
I need to buy glass Fleet and Arjuna still.
I need to learn from the mountain.

Go_Ly_Dow

I know. I ended up taking the plunge finally.
It cost more to ship than the DVD itself lol.
Cant wait.
I need to buy glass Fleet and Arjuna still.
I need to learn from the mountain.

You're in for a treat. The dub is so spectacular.

My top 5 lines:

"What's that light!?"
"You certainly got sexy"
"Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssss"
"Oh yeah it is"
"He is, a slimy serpent"

cajunator

Banned

My top 5 lines:

"What's that light!?"
"You certainly got sexy"
"Oh yeah it is"
"He is, a slimy serpent"

I've honestly never seen it. I've seen that one youtube video a million times, but that's just a fraction.

Theonik

My top 5 lines:

"What's that light!?"
"You certainly got sexy"
"Oh yeah it is"
"He is, a slimy serpent"
No love for "DAMN YOU YAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTO!" or "HE'S HUMAN. HE'S ONLY HUMAN"

Jubern

I need to know, is this sarcasm? I'm already drowning in all the Kawamori in Aquarion Evol (
Miiiix! Fuck this shit!
), is AKB that "interesting"?

BluWacky

Saint Seiya Omega 6

Oh GOD I hate tournament arcs. Just shut up and FIGHT already! And we don't even get any good animation this week :(

And of course
Kouga wins with one punch
. Yaaaaawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom