• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
BAOH

This is truly an amazing piece of work. If you watch it, you have to watch it dubbed. This is a supreme effort not unlike the glory days of Working Designs. Not only do the characters sound as retarded as they look, but the script with filled with unnecessary wit and comic pauses. It helps that this entire production is cheesy as hell, and the entire scenario is nothing more than an excuse for over the top violence, transformations, special attacks, and power level comparisons. The people dubbing this even went the extra mile to translate the ending song into English and perform it over the ending credits. 5/5 Stars.

Heh
Baoh is pretty entertaining tbh

Oh I see. Why not call her by her proper name, then?

habara2ciciv.gif

Watching SM made me wanna watch more CC sakura (the vastly superior cute).

eps 16

awwww such a heart warming eps. Great grandfather still looking good.

good.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So it's been a while since I've watched anime...well, minus Steins Gate(which was awesome), and I decided to watch Mirai Nikki. It was really good but the last two episodes...not so much. Didn't really like the ending and the manga's ending is even worse. However, I did like both series and they left me wanting more after each episode. Steins Gate was probably one of the best anime I've seen in a long time..

Hmm, what other anime has a bunch of twists and psychological elements?

I also need to find a funny anime to replace daily life of high school boys. Reminded my a lot of School Rumble.

Kaiji is a top-notch "mind games" anime.

I also need to find a funny anime to replace daily life of high school boys. Reminded my a lot of School Rumble.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out Gintama. The director of Daily Lives and School Rumble directed its first two seasons. It's the best comedy out there IMO.

So it's been a while since I've watched anime...well, minus Steins Gate(which was awesome), and I decided to watch Mirai Nikki. It was really good but the last two episodes...not so much. Didn't really like the ending and the manga's ending is even worse. However, I did like both series and they left me wanting more after each episode. Steins Gate was probably one of the best anime I've seen in a long time..

Hayate no Gotoku?

Branduil

Watch Monster. And Satoshi Kon anime.

Uchip

Banned
I second this recommendation. Everyone should watch Kaiji

Kaiji reminded me so much of the single most annoying anime quirk
its where everyone says the protagonists name in sync

KAIJI!
KAIJI!

they do it a lot in one piece too and its reaaaaally annoying

but yeah, Kaiji is a good show :)

survivor

Banned
huh, AKB0048 isn't just some Idolmaster rip off? I'm looking at pictures from the second episode on Random Curiosity and I'm seeing robots and shit. Maybe I should watch it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Out of things that have aired in the same time frame of Steins;Gate and Mirai Nikki, you might enjoy Fate/Zero and Mawaru Penguindrum. I wouldn't describe them as psychological thrillers (this type of anime is fairly rare in general), but if you like lots of plot twists that are genuinely shocking, these are great.

I might even throw in a recommendation in for Deadman Wonderland even though it's poorly-received. If you don't like it, you can always stop watching!

For older anime, I'll make the obligatory Death Note and Code Geass recommendations.

Branduil

I thought that the style of the characters was going to bother me more than it did, but after a while I stopped noticing it completely. It's certainly a worthwhile trade-off when you consider there's not really any practical way to do the kind of musical scenes that the show requires.

Not unless Studio Mappa wants to go the way of its forebear.

One could make the case that they've made more good animu than Gainax!

I won't deny that J.C. Staff can make some very good shows when they have the right directors, particularly Kenichi Kasai and Tatsuyuki Nagai. But I don't see any period in their history when the studio name itself, regardless of director, was a good indicator of quality.

trejo

I won't deny that J.C. Staff can make some very good shows when they have the right directors, particularly Kenichi Kasai and Tatsuyuki Nagai. But I don't see any period in their history when the studio name itself, regardless of director, was a good indicator of quality.

Well sure, if you wanna get all technical about it but where's the fun in that?

Branduil

Gosick 1

So let's see

The OP and ED are bad
The main lead is generic looking
The female lead is a loli
The detective has dumb looking hair

Oh yeah, the loli detective solved the "mystery" in less than 2 minutes without even questioning anyone or checking the crime scene. u mad Poirot?

I don't understand why you would subject yourself to a show like Gosick, which is so boring it's mediocre rather than so bad it's good.

cajunator

Banned
huh, AKB0048 isn't just some Idolmaster rip off? I'm looking at pictures from the second episode on Random Curiosity and I'm seeing robots and shit. Maybe I should watch it.

You should. Immediately. Its the good side of awful.

0qY79.jpg

XuDmP.jpg

mKzb6.jpg

R0rjyl.jpg

bTFKE.png

One could make the case that they've made more good animu than Gainax!

You forgot Utena, Kare Kano, Mahoraba, Slayers, Snow Fairy Sugar, Nanaka 6/17, Someday's Dreamers, ROD TV, Potemayo, Taisho Baseball Girls, Maid Sama, and Ano
Natsu.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 10
Even Wakamoto has fallen to idol fever.
Well not surprising who female protag choose.
All of them.
I can see what I guess the drama will be in the upcoming episodes if anything to just kill some time and insert some more pretty boys singing.

Woah, that was fast.
Watch Higurashi. :)
You know, I'll watch this. The art style kept me away from it but everyone keep mentioning this.

School Days is another one but some people told me to stay away from it. As for Monster and Death Note, I've seen them already and loved them. Great anime.

Kaiji, I'm getting a OneOuts vibe from it for some reason and I liked that anime even though it felt incomplete. Mawaru Penguindrum sounds really interesting. Hmm which to start: Mwawaru Penguindrum, Higurashi, or Kaiji. Decisions will be made tonight.

AKB0048? It's based on an idol group?

It's been a while since you watched anime, yet you watched one from last season? :D

Anyway, I agree with everyone saying Kaiji. It comes from the same suspenseful mold as Death Note and Mirai Nikki. Has a bit of a slow start, but it gets intense as hell.

Edit: Oh, you liked One Outs? Well that makes things easier. Same director and voice actor for the main character. It's incomplete because it didn't adapt all of the manga, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom