• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 5

Aw, so the little boy likes Mahiro too? I was hoping he'd fall for Kuuko. That'd be interesting. Mahiro's cop out in the end was amazing, though, hahaha.

Is this... A serious arc? Huh.

ZUYF9.jpg

lol

Lain

A (late) friendly reminder about ISLM day 2 voting. Today's special doubles matches are:

oek2F.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
w1td9.png

Get to it.

And please, for the love of god, don't post the massive voting chart pictures inline this time. At least link to them if you must.

I'm glad you posted the reminder, so I could take part in this voting too.

Branduil

[Black Rock Shooter] - Finale

You may have thought that I had finished this show. Apparently, I forgot all about it so I thought it was about time to get this over with.

I regret wasting my time. So ends one of the most literal shows of all time. I can't say that it will be missed.

The only interesting thing about this entire project the extremely successful use of CG to mimic 'traditional' animation. Even though it's by no means perfect they've clearly shown a path that I hope others will try to follow.

tiff

Banned
A (late) friendly reminder about ISLM day 2 voting. Today's special doubles matches are:

oek2F.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
w1td9.png

Get to it.

And please, for the love of god, don't post the massive voting chart pictures inline this time. At least link to them if you must.
yup

Saki Achiga-hen 5 - For anyone who wanted an episode of this series that focused on the mahjong, well, Achiga-hen has finally gotten there! Yes, it's an episode all about mahjoing. Finally. In this episode, Kuro and Yuu have to face off against the scary-good Senriyama team. Oh, there are two other teams there too, but they're minor competition, it's Senriyama that is a problem. These girls did their research, and they've come up with good tactics to use against the Achiga players... Achiga doesn't need to actually win here -- the top two teams move on now, instead of just the number one -- but they need to at least do decently, third or fourth won't cut it. They have their work cut out for them.

So, the first Senriyama girl has a power. She can see a turn into the future, and then can play appropriately to win off of the play. Sometimes the power backfires under specific circumstances, but it usually helps her. She also has studied their research material, so she knows how to beat Kuro -- play off of her over-reliance on doras, and her refusal to ever discard a dora, and win based on that.

Unfortunately for poor Kuro, the tactic works really, really well.
Yeah, she loses badly here... under 60,000 already, in only the first round. :( The episode ends with Kuro crying on Yuu's shoulder.
Yuu then promises to get back the points Kuro lost, but that'll be quite difficult -- round two looks to be just as tough for Achiga as the first round was...
They've done as much research on Yuu as on Kuro, clearly. Most of this match is going to be in the next episode, but I'm sure she'll have something in store to counter Yuu's power of drawing all the warm tiles to her hand...
Good luck Yuu, hang on, and Achiga can pull through in the end, somehow, I'm sure!

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 4 - This show really does keep getting better every episode, it really does. I mean, this one's even better than ep. 3, which was quite good... the visuals are solid, and the plot's quite good. Tasogare does a great job of mixing drama with comedy. This episode has a bit more about the architecture and buildings on this campus, too, which was pretty cool; it's a fairly unique setting, for a Japanese school, with so many buildings all on top of eachother.

Oh, and yes, Yuuko's kind of a jerk again isn't she... it's all well meaning, though! :)
So yeah, she writes his name on a rumored "curse rock", which is hidden away in a very hard to access courtyard in the center of an old school building. And she takes him all the way there, just to scare him with seeing his name on the rock. :)

Before that though, this episode also has some more with the whole club, as they explore the school at night and stay over, looking for ghosts in the old building's night duty room. Poor girl who can't see ghosts, she has a tough time... :) Everyone in this cast has their problems and their quirks, though. That's part of what makes the show work, the personalities of the characters and how they interact, both towards drama and towards comedy. There's certainly plenty of both, in this episode and in the series. But yeah, this was another great episode. The comedy of the group's interaction and Yuuko's pranks, the creepyness of the abandoned buildings at night, and the hints of serious drama all combine for another great episode.

Upote 4 - Good episode! This episode starts the jungle trials story, and yeah, Sako's a real creep. Poor Galal, she's not so bad, she's just not aware enough to notice how crazy her partner is... Also, is Elle the most moe character, because of how she's the most useless of the four? I don't know though, they all have pretty high moe quotients. At least this is also a decent action show with some actual information in it to learn, and not just fanservice all the time.

Anyway, that confrontation at the gun store was nice and tense, good setup for the action to come next episode.

Natsuiro Kiseki 4 -
Bodyswapping episode!
Yes, much fun is had.
Yuka as Saki was kind of amusing. Poor Yuka, you still can't say anything to him even though he kind of likes you now, because you're in Saki's body...
This show's good.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 4 - Okay episode, but I can see why opinions on it are waning a bit. Hastur-kun was cute, but apart from that, this episode was mostly average. The MC's mother can be entertaining though, I will say... :)

Zetman 6
tumblr_m3q1nt6brS1qhjbxeo1_400.gif

Epic incarnate.
tumblr_m3onhwgUSm1qcsnnso1_500.gif

Really cool episode with the drama and such. Only flaw is again the curse of the censor. Red zet ftw. Id also commend Jin on fighting in human form, hes really cool in it.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 07
At the very least, his song is pretty catchy.
Well the big twist I guess wasn't that big or something. It just falls in line with all the other guys so eh? Looks like next episode is the obligatory fan service episode.

And Wakamoto moment of the episode of saying English every other word:

ofx360

Banned
Zetman 6
Really cool episode with the drama and such. Only flaw is again the curse of the censor. Red zet ftw. Id also commend Jin on fighting in human form, hes really cool in it.

The show makes me stiff.

Seriously though, its one of my favorite shows this season. And it seems not too many people are happy with the art, but i like it a lot. Has a gritty manga style to it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
edit: Envelope is correct. Say what you will about his various questionable opinions, but wonzo basically came out of nowhere and kicked Nyaruko in the junk.

Kicking Nyaruko in the junk is a noble endeavor. wonzo was doing God's work.

This had me cracking up. I love you AnimeGAF.

Kirino vs Menma? Ffffffffff-

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The show makes me stiff.

Seriously though, its one of my favorite shows this season. And it seems not too many people are happy with the art, but i like it a lot. Has a gritty manga style to it.

I don't have a problem with the art. I have a problem with the inconsistency of the models and such, and I guess most feel the same way.

So half way through... is Zetman worth a watch with no manga knowledge?

Yeah, it's ok. I have never read the manga before and I like it.

The show makes me stiff.

I actually like the art a lot. My problem is with the pacing and censorship as well as the fact they've cut out a TON of stuff from the manga. It's still a good show, but as an adaptation, it's pretty poor.

Anyway, my favorite show might actually be Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the dead. Nothing else has made me laugh so much in a while.

Eureka Seven Ep. 12

This episode was rather mishandled, I felt.
The continuous switching between the air battle and the dream sequence didn't work as intended. It's partly because the dream sequence was so weak and uninteresting. What was the point? Was there even one? The battle between the Gekko and the Izumo was much better, luckily. Ultimately, that saved the episode from being completely terrible. I'm still peeved that there wasn't an actual fight between the Nirvash and the End. :\ Reusing that one bit of good animation at the start was rather cheap.

cajunator

Banned
Because I don't even know what that is.

Galaxy angel is a very cute comedy space series that has like 5 seasons. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it at the very least.

Sailor Moon 1-2

That' OP.

Them legs.

Them derp faces.

That fucking AWESOME SOUNDTRACK.

Fun times.

You'll catch up to me (episode 12) in no time!

Sora no Woto is not a mystery anime. Its K-On in the military.

NO ITS NOT >_
It has nothing to do with K-on whatsoever and that includes art style.

CC versus Holo?

I had to abstain on that one. :(

Also, poor Elsie, she got paired up with Erio. :(

Yeah I just voted and had to abstain from exactly those two.
The rest were very easy this time.

http://imgur.com/JcQaI

ofx360

Banned
wait, people liked Kirino?

Oh, well - Theonik, i gave AnimeGa-

Yeah, she was awesome! She clearly loved her brother but only could show it through delicious tsundere.

imouto7-3.jpg

So very delicious.

The reason i didn't choose Menma was because i remembered the last ep of Anohana...oh boy.

Naruto SD 6
tumblr_m3q4ct4xJe1rt0mozo1_500.gif

Pretty dumb episode. It had its moments (Naruto destroying Lee, Sakura Naruto antics, Konohamaru, always), but still failed. I hated how they didnt draw the background people, it took away from the SD style for me, they also ruined Lady Tsunade (really she can only say Luck?). And the ending was terrible
how in the world would Naruto lose? Unacceptable. Did the writer not read Naruto at all?! When has Naruto lost to a fellow shinobi in the hidden leaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom