• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

One more day until Fujiko justifies her role as the lead of not!Lupin.

I like the show, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's very dull, the CG backgrounds haven't aged well, and it's only got one or two truly great episodes.

Tadashi Hiramatsu storyboarded episodes 15 and 26.

- No more synopsis after ep9, but ep10 should be an important episode with Rie Matsumoto directing and storyboarding, while Umakoshi himself is AD once again.

Hopefully it's the Yuna episode Yoshida mentioned in the interview~

h1h99.gif
ixMRPM98xTF5V.gif

Theonik

A (late) friendly reminder about ISLM day 2 voting. Today's special doubles matches are:

http://i.imgur.com/oek2F.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/w1td9.png

Get to it.

And please, for the love of god, don't post the massive voting chart pictures inline this time. At least link to them if you must.
What kind of sick person has people choosing between C.C. and Holo? Sitting that pick out.

cajunator

Banned

I can't really argue with most of your choices. Nice picks.
One thing I wouldl ike to suggest to you. Put the images you post in QUOTE tags because it separates the image from anyone who quotes you, as well as resizes the image smaller (with automatic image enrlargening when someone clicks on it)

duckroll

BAOH

This is truly an amazing piece of work. If you watch it, you have to watch it dubbed. This is a supreme effort not unlike the glory days of Working Designs. Not only do the characters sound as retarded as they look, but the script with filled with unnecessary wit and comic pauses. It helps that this entire production is cheesy as hell, and the entire scenario is nothing more than an excuse for over the top violence, transformations, special attacks, and power level comparisons. The people dubbing this even went the extra mile to translate the ending song into English and perform it over the ending credits. 5/5 Stars.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 08
Always stealing the show.
Uh, I guess this episode is suddenly making me believe that magic exists in this pretty boy world. I can deal with the whole idol school, but magical cat boys that can sing is a little far fetch. Of course, there is also the whole problem of who on earth will female protag choose that they might probably stretch it out for another episode.

BAOH

This is truly an amazing piece of work. If you watch it, you have to watch it dubbed. This is a supreme effort not unlike the glory days of Working Designs. Not only do the characters sound as retarded as they look, but the script with filled with unnecessary wit and comic pauses. It helps that this entire production is cheesy as hell, and the entire scenario is nothing more than an excuse for over the top violence, transformations, special attacks, and power level comparisons. The people dubbing this even went the extra mile to translate the ending song into English and perform it over the ending credits. 5/5 Stars.

Baoh is a truly memorable experience.

Branduil

Didnt Gosick already try the mundane mysteries with cute girls route? It didn't work the first time.

Well, I don't believe the mysteries in Gosick were mundane, just stupid. If anything, Gosick proves that "exciting" mysteries do not automatically make a show better.

Ultimadrago

BAOH

I vouch for this title and impression.

Branduil

I wouldn't call them mundane (lots of dead people), they just weren't good. And then apparently it turns into some weird genealogy action show with loli rape.

Yeah, it's kinda weird. (And my description doesn't make much sense, true.)

I guess this is what happened:

In one of her many performances, she attracts the interest of Marquis Albert de Blois, who is interested in her bloodline. She is later kidnapped by Albert, who after keeping her inside the Blois Mansion for a year, impregnates her. On Christmas Day of 1910, a child was born: Victorique de Blois.
"She" being the loli's mother (who is as loli as her daughter).

And then apparently there's like a
government conspiracy and things blow up, or something.
I only looked it up because there's a particular scene near the end of the show that shows up in a bunch of sakuga stuff.

e: It's just really weird.

I'm always impressed by your knowledge of these things.

BAOH

Araki is god.

wonzo

Banned
BAOH

sounds like i need to see this

BAOH

Truth.

Theonik

BAOH

One of the rare cases where I could without any reservation recommend watching the dub, whoever casted it deserves an award of sort. It's not quite Garzey's Wing quality but up there! For the OVA itself, story is rater throwaway serving as nothing but an excuse to have
Indiana Jones-esque face melting, explosive needles and terminators
the love aspect of the story is also hilarious. Love truly knows no bounds. Overal if you have 48 minutes to burn and want to get nonstop laughter and action I can recommend giving the dub of this a go. Fun, cheesy and unbelievably stupid but fun.

Branduil

Yeah sure why not, I will watch it. It can't be worse than Bakuman

Japan truly can make anything moe.

Apparently this year it's round-robin for each division, then single elim tournament for the top 16 of each division, then a final single elim tournament for the top 8 of the two aforementioned tourneys.

Why do I know all this? I like studying rulesets! Sue me.

They really work hard to make that tournament as bad as possible, don't they.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 09
I am impressed, that was literally a flashback episode.
Hell, I was even right and female protag still couldn't choose a guy. Though, I guess this is where all the routes converge with everyone confessing and suddenly you have to make a new save file to see all the endings now. Though I guess at least, female protag got her own song I think.

survivor

Banned
Sora no Woto 2

They say a platoon consists of 5 soldiers but Wikipedia says it consists of 2-4 squads with each squad having 13 soldiers. Who should I trust?

Also that's gotta be some desperate army to have a platoon consisting of high school girls who are wasting their time
hunting for a ghost and one of them can't even handle the recoil of her rifle

Branduil

Does youtube keep resetting itself to the smallest video size for anyone else? It's really annoying to have to manually change it every time.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fate/Zero 5

This is beyond epic.

CG Berserker
is the best thing to ever happen in anime.

And why is Lancer always awesome?

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero 5

This is beyond epic.

CG Berserker
is the best thing to ever happen in anime.

And why is Lancer always awesome?

You'll definitely be on duckroll's good list if you like CG Berserker.

Lancer is awesome because he's Lancer. No further explanation is necessary.

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 14

smileprecure14.jpg

you'd think they'd learn their lesson after doing the same thing three episodes in a row

I got a feeling that Pierrot's gonna look like an even shittier version of Akanbe. :(

Who cares, they both suck.

edit: Envelope is correct. Say what you will about his various questionable opinions, but wonzo basically came out of nowhere and kicked Nyaruko in the junk.
well, i have learnt from the pros

cajunator

Banned
I've been wondering if anyone ever relicensed Key the Metal Idol or if thats something I have to go dig deep into the pits of Ebay to find?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile PreCure! 14

I got a feeling that Pierrot's gonna look like an even shittier version of Akanbe. :(

Man, I hope not. My name combined with my Smile fandom pretty much demand that I have an avatar change when he makes an appearance. I hope he's just Joker on 'roids.

I've been wondering if anyone ever relicensed Key the Metal Idol or if thats something I have to go dig deep into the pits of Ebay to find?

Latest release looks to be the Viz set from 2004.

Jormungand 5
tumblr_m3ox69p3Ug1qzndzdo1_250.jpg

Emotional and powerful
Didnt think Jonah had such a terrible past, wow. His combat skills were astounding.
. Chiquita is so tough and Casper reminds me of someone.

I wish the character artist had emphasized eyebrows and eyelids so much, its ruins the character models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom