• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm doing a "mystery" anime marathon

You totally need to try Kamisama no Memochou after you finish Gosick. I can't believe that it wasn't mentioned in the same breath as the other mediocre detective shows you're watching.

Kaiji, I'm getting a OneOuts vibe from it for some reason and I liked that anime even though it felt incomplete. Mawaru Penguindrum sounds really interesting. Hmm which to start: Mwawaru Penguindrum, Higurashi, or Kaiji. Decisions will be made tonight.

You win no matter what you choose if you've narrowed it down to these. Stick around and post impressions when you begin watching something!

cajunator

Banned
Woah, that was fast.

You know, I'll watch this. The art style kept me away from it but everyone keep mentioning this.

School Days is another one but some people told me to stay away from it. As for Monster and Death Note, I've seen them already and loved them. Great anime.

Kaiji, I'm getting a OneOuts vibe from it for some reason and I liked that anime even though it felt incomplete. Mawaru Penguindrum sounds really interesting. Hmm which to start: Mwawaru Penguindrum, Higurashi, or Kaiji. Decisions will be made tonight.

AKB0048? It's based on an idol group?

AKB0048 is indeed based on an idoru group.
The music itself is rather catchy, but be prepared for an anime filled with glorious derpface, bad CG, and terrible scriptwriting. Its a lot of fun though.

AS for School Days...well a word of warning. Some animeGaffers like to recommend shows that are actually bad, but are fun to watch anyway. Yami to Boshi To Hon no Tabibito is one such show that is highly recommended for this reason. another is Arjuna.
Go into shows like these expecting them to be awful, but entertaining.

survivor

Banned
You totally need to try Kamisama no Memochou after you finish Gosick. I can't believe that it wasn't mentioned in the same breath as the other mediocre detective shows you're watching.

I watched the first 5 episodes of that when it aired. Outside of some funny lines from loli detective it was too boring.

trejo

That's because at the very least, Un-Go and Gosick had some things going for them whereas Kamimemo was just boring and mediocre.

AS for School Days...well a word of warning. Some animeGaffers like to recommend shows that are actually bad, but are fun to watch anyway. Yami to Boshi To Hon no Tabibito is one such show that is highly recommended for this reason. another is Arjuna.

Don't give away the game!

survivor

Banned
Woah, that was fast.

You know, I'll watch this. The art style kept me away from it but everyone keep mentioning this.

School Days is another one but some people told me to stay away from it. As for Monster and Death Note, I've seen them already and loved them. Great anime.

AKB0048? It's based on an idol group?

Start with Kaiji first cause it's so awesome you will just marathon it in one sitting.

Branduil

Higurashi would be one of the best anime, if the character designs were a bit less cartoony

iLElrD06moE5Q.jpg

It's been a while since you watched anime, yet you watched one from last season? :D

Anyway, I agree with everyone saying Kaiji. It comes from the same suspenseful mold as Death Note and Mirai Nikki. Has a bit of a slow start, but it gets intense as hell.

Edit: Oh, you liked One Outs? Well that makes things easier. Same director and voice actor for the main character. It's incomplete because it didn't adapt all of the manga, so there's that.
Ha, it felt like a while after this semester. But I think the last anime I've watched was Summer Wars before Steins Gate.
Great, Kaiji seems like a good choice to start with. Maybe I'll go with that...

Which is why I look at the rating myanimelist. School Days have been recommended to me before a bunch of times, but I stayed away from it so far. Though, I'm kinda curious in it.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 11
She can't wink. She's too special to be an otome lead!
Now that we got the whole choose your route thing out of the way, the episode got boring again. Sure, there was a music video early on, but we get some idol business and drama and stuff that just drags.
The drama isn't even that good. The whole scene with Not|Hyaoto and the president was silly, especially with the president literally getting a heart attack or something while being all serious business.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
http://i.imgur.com/v0NRm.gif
I liked you more when you pretended this community didn't exist. :mad:
http://i.imgur.com/Q8VeH.gif
Now I don't regret not watching Nichibros.
So it's been a while since I've watched anime...well, minus Steins Gate(which was awesome), and I decided to watch Mirai Nikki. It was really good but the last two episodes...not so much. Didn't really like the ending and the manga's ending is even worse. However, I did like both series and they left me wanting more after each episode. Steins Gate was probably one of the best anime I've seen in a long time..

Hmm, what other anime has a bunch of twists and psychological elements?
Evangelion

Soma

Ano Natsu De Matteru End

Well that was fun. Nothing great but that was a fun little ride. The whole
men in black/mecha van
was so silly but it was awesome as fuck. I think it ended on a good note
except for you Kanna bros lol
. It was kinda hard to take the melodramatic stuff seriously with all the silly sci-fi things happening but it was fine.

But yeah I enjoyed this show. I like that it had a hint of sci-fi to the regular RomCom formula. The art was good, the characters were likable, and the overall mood of it was pretty relaxing. But yeah, Lemon-senpai was definitely the best character out of them all.

So with that out of the way I'm continuing on working on my backlog one show at a time.

Which show should I work on next?

The Tatami Galaxy (I left off on Episode three a few years ago)
Dennou Coil
Sora No Woto (Finished Episode 3 recently)
Kuragehime

Comedy Choice: School Days

cajunator

Banned
Ano Natsu De Matteru End

men in black/mecha van
. It was kinda hard to take the melodramatic stuff seriously with all the silly sci-fi things happening but it was fine.

But yeah I enjoyed this show. I like that it had a hint of sci-fi to the regular RomCom formula. The art was good, the characters were likable, and the overall mood of it was pretty relaxing. But yeah, Lemon-senpai was definitely the best character out of them all.

So with that out of the way I'm continuing on working on my backlog one show at a time.

Dennou Coil
Kuragehime

Continue with sora No Woto and start Dennou Coil.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Dennou Coil
Kuragehime

Kuragehime is the only option there that didn't induce sleep or irritation on me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ano Natsu De Matteru End

men in black/mecha van

Dennou Coil
Kuragehime

Ichika > Kanna

And watch Sora no Woto!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's because at the very least, Un-Go and Gosick had some things going for them whereas Kamimemo was just boring and mediocre.

Because it's the height of mediocrity?

Wow, people who hate Memochou more than I do.

I guess it's only a matter of time before we have a snot-tasting anime.

Where's the mystique in that? We all know what our own snot tastes like.

I wasn't given any.

Mad Pierrot, I want my induction money back!

We had a pretty strong guarantee that you would stick around! New guy has made no such promises yet.

Now I don't regret not watching Nichibros

And I'm not going to regret holding this against you forever :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom