• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accel World 05

I really have no clue what's going on.

Cartman kun is easily one of the worst MC's in anime in the past few years. WTF IS HE BLABBING ON ABOUT????

yes.jpg

Best thing of the eps

Outside of the plot wings, the fights are ok. So are the... duel avatars. Oh and...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You're still mad Oda stole the concept of dragons from Fairy Tail, aren't you?

In the first 20 episodes of Fairy Tail I've uncovered several more anime and manga that steal from it. Everyone wants a piece of Mashima's genius.

Rubber has shape!

K-on character designs are great though, I don't know why people call them shapeless blobs when they're more well defined than most moe shows.

I can only see blobs. Their faces look like flesh-colored cells with eyes and mouths floating around inside like organelles.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
In the first 20 episodes of Fairy Tail I've uncovered several more anime and manga that steal from it. Everyone wants a piece of Mashima's genius.

I can only see blobs. Their faces look like flesh-colored cells with eyes and mouths floating around inside like organelles.

Mashima is the unsung hero of shonen. :(

cajunator

Banned
Card Captors is a fucking abomination. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they just translated everything and cut nothing, but it has been molded into an entirely different show from CCS>

survivor

Banned
Bodacious Space Pirates 7

Here is how you make the anime not boring: Don't ever ever leave space. Anytime they leave space, it just becomes zzzz

Jex

FMA: B - Brief Observations

[Episode II]

Running through the whole of their lives in one episode doesn't really work very well, at all. I understand they wanted to get onto the 'new shit', but doing it like this doesn't really serve anyone.

[Episode III]

I don't really understand what they were trying to do by constantly shifting the tone, but it doesn't work.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

[Episode III]

I don't really understand what they were trying to do by constantly shifting the tone, but it doesn't work.

I think they did it in that episode because everyone has already seen Cornelio's story so many times before... So they tried to keep it interesting.

It doesn't happen anymore from that point onwards, though.

Ryuukan

Rule number 1: Even if it's a 3 episode OVA or something similarly short, always read the damn synopsis.

Kodomo no Jikan - Ni Gakki

gif spam

I'm not a Japanese expert, but doesn't 'Ni Gakki' imply a second season or series?

Why do you need to make such a scene to announce that you're a pedophile?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

[Episode II]

Running through the whole of their lives in one episode doesn't really work very well, at all. I understand they wanted to get onto the 'new shit', but doing it like this doesn't really serve anyone.

[Episode III]

Brotherhood's inferiority to the original series is painfully clear during the early episodes, unfortunately. At least when it goes off and does its own thing you don't have to draw as many comparisons.

Steroyd

Come on Steroyd, this is like Bryzgalov levels of self-induced failure.

I do not understand how someone could wander into this series without knowing exactly what they're getting into... so, congratulations!

Wait...you did not know about this series? Especially when that poster came in here with his horseshit?

WAT

Sometimes Wikipedia is actually your friend.

As dangerous as it sounds, sometimes I randomly see OVA's or less than 12 eps of something and just jump in, last time it was Shinigami no Ballad, first time I got burned this bad, that said the law of averages were going to get me eventually, I had a good run.

I'm not a Japanese expert, but doesn't 'Ni Gakki' imply a second season or series?

Why do you need to make such a scene to announce that you're a pedophile?

I found out later it was a 2nd year OVA of some series, thought it was a throaway OVA. >_>

[Episode II]

[Episode III]

The early episodes of Brotherhood are pretty bad. It's amazing how much better it becomes once it diverges from the original anime. (And then it degrades again once it reaches the ending.)

Kagami

Started watching Highschool of the Dead. The first episode was fun as fuck, great animation, and I love the opening song. Don't expect much really, but I'm guessing it'll keep me entertained for the entire run.

What was the AnimeGAF consensus on this show anyway?
It's fantastic.
Appealing character designs, great voices, fun characters, tense action and suspense, sexy women. It's obviously aimed at men and heavy on T&A service, but if you've already seen the first episode then you know what to expect from others in that regard.
One of my favorites from the past few years.
One thing to be prepared for though is that it's based on an on-going (and always on hiatus) comic, and the TV series doesn't so much end as just stop.

Ryuukan

It's fantastic.
Appealing character designs, great voices, fun characters, tense action and suspense, sexy women. It's obviously aimed at men and heavy on T&A service, but if you've already seen the first episode then you know what to expect from others in that regard.
One of my favorites from the past few years.
One thing to be prepared for though is that it's based on an on-going (and always on hiatus) comic, and the TV series doesn't so much end as just stop.

You tell em, aibo.

Can I call you aibo

dimb

The early episodes of Brotherhood are pretty bad. It's amazing how much better it becomes once it diverges from the original anime. (And then it degrades again once it reaches the ending.)
The earth would collapse in on itself if something Fullmental Alchemist related ended well.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 5

I've just noticed that they rarely show anyone but the main characters in scenes that aren't stills. The high school fair scene was so lazy it felt like the audio was ripped off a drama CD.

But they know what they're doing when it comes to "ghosts". I'm very fond of the way they play with the colors and ambients to create tension, then shatter it by showing the boring, ghost-less reality - like they just did in this episode when Okonogi and best girl Kirie are in the anatomical model room.

That was a fun Kirie-focused episode.

Dresden

Question is, was Brotherhood an improvement here or a step down. I have only seen the original FMA but surely the ending can't be worse. Hell it's supposed to foll the Manga ending!
Edit:

Wait what? Good ending? FMA? What?

It was a good ending, unless you're just completely against the idea of the
parallel world.

Cwarrior

Question is, was Brotherhood an improvement here or a step down. I have only seen the original FMA but surely the ending can't be worse. Hell it's supposed to foll the Manga ending!
Edit:

Fma brotherhood ending is bad but it's one those rare times I would gladly take bad over the Incredible awful train of suffering the last one.

The reason Fma 1 ending being Incredible awful had little to do with
parallel world.
but what lead up to it and it's execution.

The ending of the original FMA was better than Brotherhood's because it kept the focus squarely on the characters, and specifically on Ed and Al. The final arc of Brotherhood felt like there were way too many characters standing around doing nothing and it tried to expand the scope to a scale it couldn't sustain.

Brotherhood's ending felt like a change of genre and became too much like something out of
ttgl, out of this world scale. It became too unrealistic for the story she was trying to tell

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Brotherhood's inferiority to the original series is painfully clear during the early episodes, unfortunately. At least when it goes off and does its own thing you don't have to draw as many comparisons.
I'll never understand the hatred for Brotherhood, but I also have no interest in watching the original.

dimb

So the earth collapsed in on itself when the first series ended?
The Earth is safe. Out of nowhere plot bologna that doesn't fit in the grander story and had no real hints, clues, or lead up will never be acceptable. Unless you're also a Lost fan I guess.
I'll never understand the hatred for Brotherhood, but I also have no interest in watching the original.
I'm not expressing hatred. It does some interesting things and isn't without merit, but I simply hold the original in considerably higher regard.

Jex

I think they did it in that episode because everyone has already seen Cornelio's story so many times before... So they tried to keep it interesting.
I understand that, in principal at least, but all they do is make the show bad. Bad is different, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom