• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofx360

Banned
Old novel/live action show getting an anime movie adaptation.

hmm...a little interested *google time*

Mitamura Yuka (Hiroko Yakushimaru) is a normal shy middle school student that has psychic powers. When a new student with similar powers begins to show his skills, by stealing the student government election, Yuka and her friends vow to stop him. The election has uncovered something which will put Yuka's powers to the ultimate test!

More interested. That could be pretty cool!

Jubern

Started watching Highschool of the Dead. The first episode was fun as fuck, great animation, and I love the opening song. Don't expect much really, but I'm guessing it'll keep me entertained for the entire run.

What was the AnimeGAF consensus on this show anyway?

I'm one of the people who thought it was FUCKING GREAT.
Plot is very standard and actually not going anywhere, plus fanservice may be a bother to some, but for the rest it's just mindless entertainment at its best. The same kind of entertainment as, say, Sengoku Basara.

In a word : fun, fun, fun. Enjoy the ride and don't think to hard about it. If at all.

I'm one of the people who thought it was FUCKING GREAT.
Plot is very standard and actually not going anywhere, plus fanservice may be a bother to some, but for the rest it's just mindless entertainment at its best. The same kind of entertainment as, say, Sengoku Basara.

In a word : fun, fun, fun. Enjoy the ride and don't think to hard about it. If at all.

Ive had that anime on my to buy wish list on amazon for at least a year now, it takes forever to come down under 40$, it looked fun enough to buy without watching a gram of an episode beyond that one gif.

BluWacky

More interested. That could be pretty cool!

I've just discovered that one of the live action adaptations was directed by Nobuhiko Obayashi, director of the absolutely batshit insane cult film House. There's a short blog piece on the film here which makes it sounds a bit silly (spoilers, obviously).

I'll be interested to see what Ryosuke Nakamura makes of the source material tonally.

It's great because it's fucking terrible.

I have a horrible fascination with it. It's well-made badness.

I just... I don't know. I really like zombies and I really like fanservice. And I recognise that this is pretty horrific at being a good story, but goddamn if it's not really great at being about zombies and fanservice.
iObNEmQHKVxtq.gif

Must be for kids because it's about kids, not fappable enough, etc. Not saying that there aren't valid reasons not to like it, I'm just trying to think of the most likely reasons not to like it.
Not fappable enough? I'm sure there are doujinshi out there that prove that wrong.

duckroll

I'll be interested to see what Ryosuke Nakamura makes of the source material tonally.

According to raito-kun on twitter, Nakamura has been working on this movie for quite a while and he is also writing the script. Apparently Tetsuro Araki was supposed to be joining the project as a unit director as well after Guilty Crown wrapped up.

Jex

According to raito-kun on twitter, Nakamura has been working on this movie for quite a while and he is also writing the script. Apparently Tetsuro Araki was supposed to be joining the project as a unit director as well after Guilty Crown wrapped up.

Interesting, they both worked on a number of Madhouse titles at the same time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How is it compared to Giant Killing? Bloody loved it and if this one is half as good, consider me a fan.
It's better than Giant Killing by virtue of having Kobayashi!

To be serious, the sports cliches are at least a bit more interesting than the ones in GK. They're still there, because sports are zzzz, but it's not "rookie, soon to retire veteran, vain star player" and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom