• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I sleep 12 hours, I wake up. I go through the thread, and I see that people are bitching about duckroll hype, making up crap like duckroll maxim and whatever. I'm just going to cry and go back into bed. :(

sonicmj1

Perhaps you're right and the show isn't stupid, unfortunately I wont know as I no longer feel the need to continue.

Even if Sankarea has already shown flashes of incredible stupidity, I followed Ben-to through far darker times than this.

It's been my surprise show of the season, so short of completely and totally going off the rails, I'm on this ride to the end with as optimistic a spirit as I can muster.

I envy your ability to just let go. I can't do it. I can't just give up on observing a total desecration halfway.

Learn to make the healthy choice! Personally, I was expecting Sankarea to be complete trash, so I remain pleasantly surprised that there were three episodes which weren't.

I sleep 12 hours, I wake up. I go through the thread, and I see that people are bitching about duckroll hype, making up crap like duckroll maxim and whatever. I'm just going to cry and go back into bed. :(

We love you, duckroll! Don't do anything drastic!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Learn to make the healthy choice! Personally, I was expecting Sankarea to be complete trash, so I remain pleasantly surprised that there were three episodes which weren't.

You see, I'm conflicted. I could drop it now and still have half of my memories of the show consist of the amazing first three episodes, but on the other hand, I'm already so disgusted with the direction in which it's gone that I feel that it warrants watching the rest in order to further fuel my hatred. It's a tough choice. I tell myself that choice number one is obvious because I leave with happier memories and I don't have to subject myself to more of something that I'm not enjoying, but I don't know that I can actually commit to never watching another episode ever again.

Dresden

You see, I'm conflicted. I could drop it now and still have half of my memories of the show consist of the amazing first three episodes, but on the other hand, I'm already so disgusted with the direction in which it's gone that I feel that it warrants watching the rest in order to further fuel my hatred. It's a touch choice. I tell myself that choice number one is obvious because I leave with happier memories and I don't have to subject myself to more of something that I'm not enjoying, but I don't know that I can actually commit to never watching another episode ever again.

Your addiction to rage and masochism is manifesting itself via your continued devotion to shows like Rick's Bread, Sengoku Collection, and the refusal to abandon zombiemoe.

Only you can break this cycle.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Your addiction to rage and masochism is manifesting itself via your continued devotion to shows like Rick's Bread, Sengoku Collection, and the refusal to abandon zombiemoe.

Only you can break this cycle.

And something about dropping Sankarea while continuing to watch Shining Hearts and Sengoku Collection just seems profoundly wrong. Look upon the pitiful monster you've created, AnimeGAF.

survivor

Banned
Kuroko's Basketball 2

Best coach ever

They gotta stop with the hiding your presence jokes. Will get old if they keep using it at every opportunity Kuroko appears on screen.
Love how they already set up the power levels and establishing the first player from Generation of Miracles is the weakest.

And something about dropping Sankarea while continuing to watch Shining Hearts and Sengoku Collection just seems profoundly wrong. Look upon the pitiful monster you've created, AnimeGAF.

I must admit, it is nice having an intelligent person watching all the shit shows in here so they can alert me to any unusually interesting episode in them, like what happened with Sengoku 5.

You see, I'm conflicted. I could drop it now and still have half of my memories of the show consist of the amazing first three episodes, but on the other hand, I'm already so disgusted with the direction in which it's gone that I feel that it warrants watching the rest in order to further fuel my hatred. It's a touch choice. I tell myself that choice number one is obvious because I leave with happier memories and I don't have to subject myself to more of something that I'm not enjoying, but I don't know that I can actually commit to never watching another episode ever again.

Or you could drop the anime which has now completely taken on the tone of the manga, read the manga, and get to the part where it takes on the tone of the first 3 episodes of the anime.

Hey, I dropped Lupin and Apollon, yet I'm still watching Upotte. Don't let anyone tell you how to live your life!

Jex

You see, I'm conflicted. I could drop it now and still have half of my memories of the show consist of the amazing first three episodes, but on the other hand, I'm already so disgusted with the direction in which it's gone that I feel that it warrants watching the rest in order to further fuel my hatred. It's a tough choice. I tell myself that choice number one is obvious because I leave with happier memories and I don't have to subject myself to more of something that I'm not enjoying, but I don't know that I can actually commit to never watching another episode ever again.

You should really just learn to let go. It's much healthier.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I must admit, it is nice having an intelligent person watching all the shit shows in here so they can alert me to any unusually interesting episode in them, like what happened with Sengoku 5.

I'd like to think that there's a higher purpose to all of this than base masochism!
Because there isn't.

See, madpierrot? They're USING YOU

Being the food-tester for the royal court at least guarantees me a few savory morsels when I'm not being poisoned.

Hey, I dropped Lupin and Apollon, yet I'm still watching Upotte. Don't let anyone tell you how to live your life!

Is there a word for an emotion that incorporates both inspiration and sadness?

I think this post is likely to just increase Pierrot's feelings of shame.

Not really; at least my conflicts center entirely on shows that are merely varying degrees of horrible rather than running the entire gamut from masterpiece to unwatchable!

sonicmj1

I don't feel as bad about the direction the show has gone (it kind of had to go down something like this path, even if the execution could have been better), but if you feel that bitter about it, it's best to just let go, rather than continue to suffer. If you're anything like me, you can still muster up plenty of hate for things that are only half-finished.

Though why exactly are you still watching Shining Hearts? At least Sengoku Collection seems like it occasionally blunders into something decent.

Jintor

Fullmetal Alchemist: the Sacred Star of Milos

Wow, this really great movie got really fucking sidelined in the last twenty minutes. Jesus christ.
SUDDENLY, FIFTH PARTY M.BISON FROM NOWHERE, GIANT ASSPULL, LET'S REITERATE THE PLOT POINT WE'VE BEEN HAMMERING FOR THE ENTIRE MOVIE

Just knowing that the manga is still out there, I'm hoping for something crazier and anime-original. Something a bit more "Nice boat".

I don't know why I want to be trolled like that. Maybe that's the only way I can still feel.

You know, there might even be potential for a nice boat ending in both. The framework is definitely there for one.

Jintor

FMA: Sacred Star of Milos

Fuck, I don't really disagree with the ending as such, it's just how they got there that pisses me the fuck off.

Damn they do a really good job with the movie heroine though.

Fuck, I don't really disagree with the ending as such, it's just how they got there that pisses me the fuck off.

Damn they do a really good job with the movie heroine though.

I watched for the sakuga.

Didn't really like the whole
akira
moment of heroine much.

Jintor

The brother is such an asspull, but he's so necessary for that emotional resonance of the ending with Julia; but the problem is that the Atlus imposter has taken up the mindshare for the vast majority of the story so far so that brother Ashley pretty much arrives out of nowhere. I don't know how they could have reconciled the two characters into a single one interesting enough to carry the story but they should've done it, because Atlus was interesting, and Ashley by himself would have been interesting, but the two of them together drive the train off the rails in the finale.

Still, reminds me that I really have to sit down and watch FMA Brotherhood/the first anime, or at least set out and grab the manga. FMA is seriously one of my fave mangas...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If all of a gun's parts are replaced, is it still the same gun?

It is in Japan, at least!

I don't feel as bad about the direction the show has gone (it kind of had to go down something like this path, even if the execution could have been better), but if you feel that bitter about it, it's best to just let go, rather than continue to suffer. If you're anything like me, you can still muster up plenty of hate for things that are only half-finished.

Though why exactly are you still watching Shining Hearts? At least Sengoku Collection seems like it occasionally blunders into something decent.

Personally, I don't feel like it had to go down the path that it did. I realize that this change was inevitable in terms of the show being unable to deviate too far from the source material, so I suppose that this is as much a criticism of the manga as it is the anime. The plot could have easily focused on more thought-provoking material like the question of whether or not it's possible to be truly reborn, whether one's humanity rests in the body or the soul, etc.

I'm confident that in better hands, there could easily have been enough exploration of these themes to fill the entire middle portion of the series, and even if not, the gratuitous fanservice has still always been completely irrelevant to the events of episodes 4-6 and its inclusion was a deliberate directorial choice. And honestly, I'm forgiving enough that I could probably still endure all of the fanservice shit if the show had at least retained its really beautiful visuals, but because it's fallen apart in both style and substance, there's nothing left to hold my interest. I think I'll see if I can force myself not to watch the next episode, and if I'm successful, I'll consider it dropped.

Shining Hearts is legitimately so-bad-it's-good with the euphemism method of watching. It's puerile, but I do derive enjoyment out of it that way.

He was talking about an intelligent person.
No Cure March fan can be considered that.

gUNuu.gif

Argument invalid.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Still, reminds me that I really have to sit down and watch FMA Brotherhood/the first anime, or at least set out and grab the manga. FMA is seriously one of my fave mangas...

Every FMA fan should watch Brotherhood. The ending is disappointing, but the road leading up to it is amazing, and most of the characters that aren't in the original anime series are pretty good.

survivor

Banned
Chihayafuru 8

Karuta is the best sports ever. If everyone played it, it can bring world peace.

Porky is a cool character and plus he is a competent karuta player unlike the previous two recruits. Now I guess I wait until Arata shows his face.

Narag

G GUndam 38

So I thought the Graham revenge stuff was wrapped up. Turns out living for revenge truly does poison one's heart. The divide between Master Asia & Wong is growing immensely too. God damn at that end though.

G GUndam 39

God damn it, Domon, Get off Rain's back. He's regressed to his initial characterization.
Master and pupil reunited though but Rain quit? FUck everything.

They literally punched & kicked a building to move it out of the way.

wtf the Master Gundam's horse robot is actually piloted by Master Asia's horse

G Gundam 40

Scwarz Bruder vs Domon Kasshu? Fuck yeah. Wong is getting out of hand though. Sweet Jebus, the second half of this episode was incredible. Great fight, wonderful emotional payoff with the Rain/Domon/Schwarz issues, and a cliffhanger of an ending. Nine to go!

G Gundam 41

Battle Royale time. This ought to be good as everyone is apparently factioned off.
Schwarz being a Devil Gundam android? That wasn't expected and it's kind of gross. Ressurection of the Devil Gundam gave me Getter Robo Armageddon Shin Dragon vibes. Imagawaaaaaaa.

G Gundam 42

Son of a bitch.
The truth about the Devil Gundam is some horseshit. Fuck Ulube, fuck Rain's dad, fuck Neo Japan. They hinted at all this shit back when they were forcing Domon into reliving it as an illusion too.
Shot of the battle's aftermath was surprisingly powerful.

For something so very, well, anime this certainly delivers in the character department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom