• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

:firehawk scarf and/or sakuga
What have I done?
Huh, I find it curious that none of you guys are watching Saki.
Should be ABF, Joule, Firehawk. Been meaning to get around to it but too lazy.
Poor things have so bad fame! Think about how spiders will always be pretty beneficial for controlling some insects population, avoiding pests on natural areas. And they are usually defending their territory when they have harmed humans... and also look pretty cool! And, yes... even cute!
There you go again, being all considerate and stuff.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m40z5e2KTE1qdippyo1_500.gif

Good. Also been too sick, need to watch latest episodes of Hyouka and F/Z.
You gotta make Toryuken at least.
Yeah the ED song's beginning makes for a perfect segue into the ending animation sequence. What a lovely winter themed ED. I really liked the summer one in the first season too.
So you're saying, I'm gonna get some mono no aware scarves?
Oreimo 9

Kirino frustrated at slow installation? I'm sure I'll feel that pain with Diablo III too. :lol at the role reversal she had to deal with in the new game. Interesting (adorable) look at Kuroneko's homelife. Figured glasses girl whose name escapes me was well off too.
You cold bastard.

Oh I don't know, Lolis and crying?!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It will just be a still shot of some blokes bumbling out of a Lancastar pub drunk singing merry songs. They sing a bit too much so the NO FUN police come along and beat them up.

It then cuts back to the show.

Reknoc

If the game was adapted verbatim for anime, it would have suffered from bad pacing and terrible exposition dumps. It's mostly excusable when playing the game, but if I were just to follow the story? It was redundant at times.

It would certainly have needed more episodes. It probably would have taken the current run just for them to work out why people were pushed into the TV if they stuck close to the game.

Uchip

Banned
If the game was adapted verbatim for anime, it would have suffered from bad pacing and terrible exposition dumps. It's mostly excusable when playing the game, but if I were just to follow the story? It was redundant at times.

The closest relation is the cheesy English dub
oh, wait you mean if it was MORE like the game?

/XX/

What's there to expand on? It's not like 7th had any deep insight of his own in the statement, other than pimping someone else's viewpoint.
Well, dismissing someone else's viewpoint in the process is, in my opinion, pointless. Anyway, I think it is clear 7Th leave that for you to bite, but that statement is still something to talk about on here and for people to give reasons why they are actually for or against it, like hosannainexcelsis did:

I'm sure KyoAni could have done a good job with Fate/Zero if they had tried, despite it being different from what they normally do. But I don't see any glaring flaws in ufotable's production that they would have definitely done better on. The biggest issue I have with Fate/Zero is that some of the exposition scenes can drag, most notably in the first episode, but the gimmicks that KyoAni pulls in Hyouka to make similarly dry dialogue interesting would have been out of place. I don't think KyoAni has the mechanical animators to make the cars and planes and such 2D instead of CG, if that's what you're concerned with.

At least 7Th could have put the word "discuss" or something like that at the end of his phrase!

Sorry if I'm being intrusive... I'm no one to say what people can or should do in here, I simply wanted to make this suggestion so I could see more of an actual insight from you, duckroll. I like that from your posts.

There you go again, being all considerate and stuff.
And the truth is that I'm probably equally afraid of some types of spiders, but I shouldn't really say anything against them in general because of my own fears.
And I really find some of them (little ones) cute!

i didn't think there was anything wrong as an adaptation they tried to cram all the necessary things in without bothering with a ep by social link arc each time..

The characterisation of a original silent character was also well done For me p4 Anmation is nothing but a well deserved sucess.

wonzo

Banned
Hyouka 4

yep, ibara continues to be the superior girl. it's nice to see everyone work together to solve the mystery for once. kyoani did a fantastic job with the overall atmosphere this episode and hopefully they'll continue to consistently one up themselves with each and every episode as it's easily the best reason to watch this.

wwwwhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????????????!?!?!?!?

Theonik

RurouniZel;37889717[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jerKEiCY1Bs" said:
Just in case you guys weren't terrified of Kirino enough.[/url]
I need to made a visit to the man who invented these masks...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Goldfish Warning 1-3

firehawk1_zpsc6356133.jpg

firehawk2_zps1466afc4.jpg

Before the staff of Sailor Moon got to work adapting Naoko Takeuchi's manga, they were doing this gag anime. It makes sense, really.

Goldfish Warning 4

So Ikuhara's love of cows runs this deep, huh.

sonicmj1

So I apparently last posted about Level E over a month ago. At some point I watched episode 8, and it was good, but that was ages ago.

I haven't forgotten about you, Level E! This season has just been really busy!

Level E 9

I didn't think I'd ever be relieved to see the Prince show up, but there you go.

NNRCa.jpg

Isn't spring romantic?

This was a pretty fun episode. A lot of twists and turns. I'm not sure how they know that
Mikihisa is "genetically close" to being a man
, but whatever.

I'd like to finish this (and hopefully Ano Natsu) before the season is done, but I don't know where I'll find the time.

OP/ED singles I'm waiting on:

Phi Brain s2 OP
Zetman OP
Rock Lee ED
Nyaruko OP and ED
Recorder to Randsell OP/ED 2

Rockku Lee Go! That will be a fun single and Dots and Lines too.

Weekly Rankings for May 7-13

DVD
*1, 2,694 *,**2,694 One Piece 14th Season vol.8
*2, 1,009 *,*16,782 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 5 - Blood Prison movie Limited Edition
*3, *,959 1,136,165 My Neighbor Totoro
*4, *,824 *,***,824 Kuttsukiboshi vol.2
*5, *,476 *,651,107 Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
*6, *,413 *,**3,856 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 5 - Blood Prison Standard Edition
*7, *,355 *,*10,649 Gintama' vol.10
*8, *,353 *,480,780 Kiki's Delivery Service
*9, *,351 *,***,351 Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! vol.2
10, *,341 *,750,825 Castle in the Sky
11, *,326 *,**6,579 Detective Conan Bonus File Fantasita no Hana
12, *,291 *,**7,160 New Prince of Tennis vol.1
13, *,281 *,**8,591 Nisemonogatari vol.1 Limited Edition
14, *,265 2,371,163 Spirited Away
15, *,265 *,***,265 Mouretsu Pirates vol.5
16, *,262 *,**7,247 Persona 4 The Animation vol.6 Limited Edition
17, *,260 *,339,916 Princess Mononoke.

In comparison to the other movies, which Ive never seen on that list, that seems low for Naruto Blood Prison.

Theonik

I knew there was a reason this article was in my RSS feed yesterday.

Warning: the pictures within the link may cause irreparable harm to your sanity.

Kigurumi is weird, man.
Why. Why would presumably perfectly attractive females want to look like dolls? Save for money of course but there must be a market for it...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why. Why would presumably perfectly attractive females want to look like dolls? Save for money of course but there must be a market for it...

Because it offered me the chance to be an idol without having to worry about little things like being male getting in the way.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Jintor

Listening to Love Hina OPs and EDs.

Man, what great music. Or maybe it's just nostalgic music and I have no sense of musical taste, I can't remember.

Defuser

Rick's Bread ep 5
Not even the Kugiloli is able to resist the sexiness of rick's bread. I thought why is that familiar sounded annoying,it turns out the VA voice Nel from bleach. Overall another episode of nothing.

It wasn't the Sweeper that removed her clothes. The Sweeper killed the monsters that were going to rape and then murder her, who probably removed her clothes beforehand.

But she was already surrounded by the bugs before she took off her clothes.

cajunator

Banned
The rarest of all sakugas.

I'm pretty sure we all did that as kids.

Well I ate the wrappers instead so I didn't really do that.

Erio sailing past Menma is good

But all the TWGOK girls losing is very bad

:(

Yes. This latest result makes me very sad for a myriad of reasons.

CCS: 07 - 08

Sakura's onii-chan is the best onii-chan. He's so cool, has cool friends, and protects his precious imouto.

Truly the onii-chan we all deserve. Also I don't know if this is a thing of the 90's or there's more to it, but
why do I feel like either something bad is going to happen to or come from Yukito? He's too conveniently everywhere, but I can't figure out if that's by convention or by story.

Also, I slowly come closer to death with each episode.

Will I make it alive to see next Christmas? Who knows. If she keeps wearing more catgirl and bunnygirl costumes, I may die.

Yes, you're going to die. But at least you're pacing yourself.

I'm feeling things I haven't felt before.

Truly, I am experiencing moe is one of its purest forms.

The purest of the pure. 150% proof Cute.

Snorting moe can't be healthy.

But it can give you one hell of a high.

gimmie dat second season!

i can only begin to imagine what kawamori has instore for us

I would so love another season of Pirates.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THROW IT IN THE PITS OF HELL

Goldfish Warning 1-4

firehawk1_zpsc6356133.jpg

firehawk2_zps1466afc4.jpg

Before the staff of Sailor Moon got to work adapting Naoko Takeuchi's manga, they were doing this gag anime. It makes sense, really.

Goldfish Warning 5

So Ikuhara's love of cows runs this deep, huh.

Nice! This show is totally adorable. Watched it around the same time I watched Android Announcer Maico.

Listening to Love Hina OPs and EDs.

Man, what great music. Or maybe it's just nostalgic music and I have no sense of musical taste, I can't remember.

I used to like the OP but the EDs are good at least.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
But she was already surrounded by the bugs before she took off her clothes.

I think I'm missing your point, but...

1 - She had her clothes on;
2 - The monsters surrounded her;
3 - The monsters tore off her clothes to rape her;
4 - The Sweeper presumably came in and killed the monsters;
5 - Jin and Kouga arrived at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom