• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

I think I'm missing your point, but...

1 - She had her clothes on;
2 - The monsters surrounded her;
3 - The monsters tore off her clothes to rape her;
4 - The Sweeper presumably came in and killed the monsters;
5 - Jin and Kouga arrived at the scene.

I wouldn't use the word 'who' to associate monsters which is why I misread your previous post.

Steroyd

Zetman - 07

Did I miss something why is she nak-

Zetman ep 6
uhh why is she naked? Did the sweeper remove her clothes? And that was the most cheesiest line regarding alphas.

It wasn't the Sweeper that removed her clothes. The Sweeper killed the monsters that were going to rape and then murder her, who probably removed her clothes beforehand.

But she was already surrounded by the bugs before she took off her clothes.

I think I'm missing your point, but...

1 - She had her clothes on;
2 - The monsters surrounded her;
3 - The monsters tore off her clothes to rape her;
4 - The Sweeper presumably came in and killed the monsters;
5 - Jin and Kouga arrived at the scene.

This hilarious pacing is giving me a headache.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch 4

kHtmA.jpg

Claaaaaaass~

My poor Miya has milk unsettling her stomach.
I will try to erase that thought from my mind.
Anyhow, looking for a topic to illustrate leads Yuno and eventually Miya to a certain statue...that a certain someone....*sigh* put a cone on its head...Joule, make me feel better about having this person as my favorite.

She's silly, crazy, bit o' dumb in Season 3, but damn, they're hitting it home in Season 1 and I don't like it! *crosses arms*

Heh.
Hiro sits out on eating cake until she hears thast singing songs can burn off calories. Then she says she might stuff her mouth all week.
Hiro, oh you!

When they show up at the kareoke bar though...seems like no one else is there. Anyways, not sure if the cast singing bits of songs counts as fanservice or not. Only firehawk can tell me this.

Ah, so it's done in different rooms. I've never seen that before, but then again, I've never done karaoke or been to a "karaoke place".

WAmr8.jpg

Get called out, son.

So it seeems that the statue is used by the students to
pray for bigger boobs.
As a deviant male myself, I say this is a just cause! Strange how both Hiro and Sae, roommates, had secrets to keep in this episode and both dealing with physical figure nonetheless. Maybe it will make them grow closer, (just how
Sae
likes it!

The joke at the end is that
Miya can sing like a boss and the kid that called out Hiro for being fluffy was talking about her hair!
Who would'a thunk!

So "singing power levels", that is depth in these sort of things, right? Heh. Cute episode.

BluWacky

Haven't made much time recently to watch any anime, but I did watch the 1980s Nerawareta Gakuen live action film as a "primer" for what to expect from the forthcoming film.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of atmosphere Ryosuke Nakamura goes for. The live-action film's relatively light-hearted, but I think the story definitely has the potential to be quite creepy if it plays up (WHOLE STORY SPOILERS)
the fascist atmosphere of the brainwashed school council
. Elements of the live-action film are pretty campy because of being low budget, but if Nakamura has any flair for action he should do well with (ENDING SPOILERS)
the ending psychic battle between Yuka and Kyogoku/Michiru

Looking forward to a trailer or at least the full website reveal!

Jex

[A Story about Dudes who do Heroic Things in the Galaxy] 015

Somebody tell me how semicircles are inherently better than lines... columns... things. Especially in a 3D battlefield.
In fleet combat this makes some kind of sense, once you accept that all battles in LOGH take place on a 2D plane (for the most part).

Jex

I like the Infinite Ryvius method where they made space like the ocean by literally making it an ocean.

Sometimes they do actually bother explaining that that certain avenues or space would be cut off by asteroids or other celestial phenomena but it still doesn't make much sense. Ultimately it's best just to ignore the whole notion of 3D space combat.

Jex

The real question is, what works actually do treat space like it has three dimensions? Because those seems to be much rarer.

That would take a lot of effort, which is why people don't do it. LOGH is an example where they don't really try and do it because the author is clearly interested in historical battles, that's his field of knowledge and of course those wouldn't occur in a 3D field.

Battlestar Galactica has three-dee combat!

Theonik

The real question is, what works actually do treat space like it has three dimensions? Because those seems to be much rarer.
Gundam Seed iirc. Though I don't remember if that also applied to flagships. There I guess an excuse would be that they are bulky as they are without any sort of verticality, so that strategy doesn't work.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
In fleet combat this makes some kind of sense, once you accept that all battles in LOGH take place on a 2D plane (for the most part).
I still don't understand how semi-circles are super effective against tripartite formations. Is it because they can focus their firepower on specific targets at a time? Why isn't it the same case backwards?

I don't know about military history, mind you!

Naruto SD 07
0hmhb.jpg

An episode where Neji isn't in drag for once.
A decent episode. I liked the whole security check-in line gags, the whole Engrish action, and the love letter attack.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka 03
It was really work finishing this episode. This show is nearly unwatchable. So lifeless, so boring. It is without character or identity, and the grossly misused classical music doesn't help. More egregious is the cinematography. At best it comes across as pedantic, at worse you wind up with obnoxious repetition that simply beats the mundane nature of the show in to your face.

Still shot one:
Immediate shot that follows:

As much as people like to jerk off to the visual quality of the show they sure seem unable to properly utilize the art.

Jex

[Gintama] - 223

An amazing story of cross-dressing, fatherhood and terrorist shoot-outs.

The poop/ice cream finale was completely amazing.

Jex

I still don't understand how semi-circles are super effective against tripartite formations. Is it because they can focus their firepower on specific targets at a time? Why isn't it the same case backwards?

I don't know about military history, mind you!

Well, in the show at least the semi-circle is generally used to entrap an enemy formation and focus the fire on specific key parts one by one, taking out the most dangerous elements of the enemy fleet as quickly as possible. As they're entrapped by the semi-circle the only way to escape (usually) is to retreat.

Within the universe of the show fleet-command is an actual skill, where some Fleet Commanders can manoeuvre their fleet into the different formations faster than certain other Fleet Commanders, so that has a (less obvious) effect on fleet combat as well. This means that less experiences commanders have a harder time organising their men to, for example, cut through a particular formation by charging the middle of it. This is more of a problem earlier on in the show where there's lots of pretty crap commanders in positions of power because of the rot at the top of both the Free Planets and the Galactic Empire.

Joule

What have I done?
Can't think about scarves without :Solune

Hidamari Sketch 4
My poor Miya has milk unsettling her stomach.
I will try to erase that thought from my mind.
Anyhow, looking for a topic to illustrate leads Yuno and eventually Miya to a certain statue...that a certain someone....*sigh* put a cone on its head...Joule, make me feel better about having this person as my favorite.
She's awesome though. The statue might give me gifts! Miyako is the goofy savant after all. I suppose it also came at no surprise who made the statue.

Yeah typically Asian karaoke places have different booths/rooms. Hiro's 8 hour singing session to burn cals might be a too rough for anybody but she's adorable for thinking it. Miyako being the best at anything is only countered by always being hungry. And poor.

Jex

Hyouka 4

I've felt like each succeeding episode has been better than the previous, and this is no exception. I think it certainly helps that the show is now focused on a particular mystery that has personal stakes for one of the characters.

I whole heartedly agree with this comment and yet I still find the show itself to be incredibly dull. I am not even sure how they achieved that. It's pretty amazing.

jman2050

I whole heartedly agree with this comment and yet I still find the show itself to be incredibly dull. I am not even sure how they achieved that. It's pretty amazing.

Given what KyoAni is doing with it, I'm going to go and blame the source material on this one.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well, in the show at least the semi-circle is generally used to entrap an enemy formation and focus the fire on specific key parts one by one, taking out the most dangerous elements of the enemy fleet as quickly as possible. As they're entrapped by the semi-circle the only way to escape (usually) is to retreat.
This was my suspicion, but it wasn't perfectly clear because they later showed a U-shaped formation and treated it like it was a totally different strategy despite accomplishing the same purpose.

Jex

They made a smart decision. Why put any effort or money into making the show actually good when the fans will buy anything you crap out because it has the name "Persona 4" on it?

I don't agree that fans would buy it even if it was completely crap. I think they successfully appealed to the core audience of Persona 4 fans.

Jex

Jex

[Poyopouo Kansatsu Nikki] - 19

I really the feel that the story in this episode was rather lose and unfocused. Like, I get that the roundcats is round, but what does that have to do with the housing-plot? It feels completely unrelated, like they stitched together two different works. Of course, they share some characters and locations, but it's still pretty noticeable.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Poyopouo Kansatsu Nikki] - 19

I really the feel that the story in this episode was rather lose and unfocused. Like, I get that the roundcats is round, but what does that have to do with the housing-plot? It feels completely unrelated, like they stitched together two different works. Of course, they share some characters and locations, but it's still pretty noticeable.
Pretty sure the writer's train of thought is something along the lines of "I thought up a good joke about Poyo's sphericalness; what's the least contrived way of getting there?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom