• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. I don't really know the details involved since I'm not familiar with CN's regular programming. So this listing could be an old schedule from before the new Toonami was announced?

It's possible that it's from before CN decided to bring Toonami back, yeah. I'd wait for an official schedule for confirmation.

Seda

I see. I don't really know the details involved since I'm not familiar with CN's regular programming. So this listing could be an old schedule from before the new Toonami was announced?

Well, the schedule on the 26th is ever-so-slightly different than the usual schedule as someone already mentioned.

Adult Swim's schedule page: http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html

This one shows 3 blank spots starting on Saturday the 26, so maybe those shows aren't revealed yet and TV guide is just guessing based on previous Saturdays?

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear Cafe 7

polarbear7.jpg
polarbear7a.jpg
polarbear7b.jpg

yep, this continues to be the secret best show of the season

G-R-I-Z-Z-L-Y

duckroll

Well, the schedule on the 26th is ever-so-slightly different than the usual schedule as someone already mentioned.

Adult Swim's schedule page: http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html

This one shows 3 blank spots starting on Saturday the 26, so maybe those shows aren't revealed yet and TV guide is just guessing based on previous Saturdays?

I don't think TV Guide is guessing, but it could be the normal schedule they planned in advance, before they announced the new change. We'll see what happens.

sonicmj1

Level E 11

Good times. Good times indeed.

miusz.jpg

Level E doesn't normally do smart transitions like this, so it struck me when it happened.

I don't feel like the horror mood they were aiming for really stuck at any point, but it was still a very fun episode. And I'm just glad to see our delinquent baseball bro back in action. The end of the episode felt kind of rushed, though.

ESQCx.jpg

Besides my joy at his return, I liked the surreal air of the first part of the episode. Great use of "bloom".

The last few episodes have had a better mix of comedy and tension than the middle of the series did. I'm glad I came back to it.

Lupin III 7

In some ways, this episode is more unbelievable than AKB0048. But not in ways that I particularly like.

After how strong the last episode was, this one kind of feels like it's spinning its wheels. A lot of talking heads and airplanes. There's some non-linear storytelling, but it's not used in a very interesting way.

Goemon deserves better episodes than this.

Jintor

That seems like the most likely outcome at the moment. I don't see a revival of the weekday morning block on the cards for now. Then again, I haven't seen CS in years so what the hell do I know.

Makoto

With the exception of the
Kanata has to hold in her bladder
episode, there is no meh stuff in SnW. Not even remotely, in any way. I guess 7.5 might be the next closest to that, but I found that episode fun enough, so no... there is no meh stuff to "get through". And also, as Firehawk also said, there are many references to the later plot points earlier on in the series. Maybe you weren't paying enough attention to notice them?
No, I remember the plot points just fine. Just like my Clannad comparison however, Sora no Woto's plot points are buried underneath unremarkable writing in the first 3/4 of the series. Sora no Woto is by no means a must-watch as a result.

cajunator

Banned
No, I remember the plot points just fine. Just like my Clannad comparison however, Sora no Woto's plot points are buried underneath unremarkable writing in the first 3/4 of the series. Sora no Woto is by no means a must-watch as a result.

SNW isnt a must watch series. Its a (mostly) lighthearted series with beautiful music and settings, some fun characters, and it all comes to a fitting conclusion. Its not remarkable but I find it to be a very enjoyable series.

cajunator

Banned
how safe, expected, and boring.

I gotta agree with you here.

They should have had at least one new show of some sort.

anyway, after a quick excursion for osme tea and mangos I'm back to finish Garzey's wing! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

That TV Guide listing definitely has to not be final, though it makes sense that they wouldn't be able to completely revamp in such a short period of time.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
... I have no idea what's going on here. Σ(゚д゚lll)Can someone summarize?

Ultimadrago

Lupin III: A Woman named Fujiko Mine 7

8UnUu.jpg

We start off with some good ol' BDSM. Something for everyone, etc,etc

VTT9C.jpg

I heard y'all like planes.

Goemon, why you doing this to me homeboy?

Nah, it's not his fault (
How could it be when he was there for all of 3 seconds?
). However, I wasn't feeling this episode at all. Besides chucking at some "Fatlantic Ocean" here and some
"Kestro"
there.

This episode was largely boring.

Some Cold War fiction stuff, mostly focused on the ideals of
Kestro
and those "barely" playing off of Fujiko and Goemon getting that "friend zone
(Yeah, she calls him "Mr.Boyfriend playfully, but he didn't even get to rub her back with lotion!" Hmm, well there was an edit after his facial expression to the idea and he had a bottle in his hands in the following scene...yet even if he did she still left him to fiddle with Kestro! "Friend Zone" material to me!
" status.

It would seem I spoke too soon about this series' "getting better again" after the last episode.

Cheap shot, easy way out (that is not even definitive in quality assurance) request: Bring back Lupin and/or Jigen, etc, etc.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nyaruko 6

I wasn't really feeling this episode, the
console war stuff
wasn't as funny as it could have been.

At least we'll get lots more Hastur next episode!

duckroll

Next week's Kids on the Slope episode has solid staff. Kotomi Deai is directing again, with Kou Matsuo on storyboards, and Cindy H Yamauchi as AD again. This is also the episode which Bahi JD worked on.

/XX/

Next week's Kids on the Slope episode has solid staff. Kotomi Deai is directing again, with Kou Matsuo on storyboards, and Cindy H Yamauchi as AD again. This is also the episode which Bahi JD worked on.
If I remember correctly, Bahi JD mentioned the support of Cindy Yamauchi on making his long-distance participation on the project a reality. She seems like a really nice person for going the extra mile in helping a talent to achieve this.

Go_Ly_Dow

Garzey's Wing is just incredible.
The dub is truly legendary. This was well worth the cost of admission.
You are all wise.

This movie was no secret to me, but I haven't been enlightened by it until now.
WINGS OF MY HEART

O6KO8.gif

YOU FINALLY FOUND THE GREAT BAWARAJU TREE!!!!

If there are any others who have not yet watched Wings of Garzey, then now is the time to confess and do what needs to be done!

Lupin the Third - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine 7

After last week and now this week, I can confidently state that this show has lost it. Of course, I'd much rather that than more dull, run-of-the-mill episodes like 3 and 4. The animation was at an extreme low, and the direction wasn't particularly interesting. (
I never felt any tension in the climactic showdown, even with the ticking Doomsday Clock.
) But the story itself had that "They really went there?" quality of Sengoku Collection 5. I could not stop laughing when
Goemon showed up and cut the missles down to save the world
. What audacity. The next two episodes are supposed to have more Lupin and Jigen, which is a good thing in itself, and I can only hope they'll be able to keep up this level of inspiration.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
As my personal ANN-based list counts slightly differently than MAL, this is also my 500th anime.

Night on the Galactic Railroad

This is a really neat slow burner of a film. Combine subtle imagery and symbolism with moderately anthropomorphic cats and it's easy to see why icarus likes this film.

And now for something not so neat...

Roukyuubu 3-12 FREEDOM

Overall, this show was pretty much Infinite Stratos but with lolis and basketball rather than mechs, tsunderes, and Char.

Lots of this...
G1VjK.jpg

Completely random shots like this...
iiPQp.jpg

And yeah...
dsSCm.jpg

In conclusion, to the people who support this:

eofIZ.jpg

Kids on the Slope 6:
:(

I just feel bad for everyone. I understand why Kaoru reacted the way he did, but I also feel bad for Sentarou. Everyone is making mistakes. It's the mark of a great show when you can just empathize with all of the characters on a pure level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom