• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

http://girls-und-panzer.jp

It's up! Reiko Yoshida confirmed! Also, the animation is by Actas.
mvn96.jpg
Yeah, well, screw you too, whoever's running this.

Why would you region-lock promotional material?

...well, anyway, I'll take another look whenever it's closer to airing.

/XX/

I never watch ED's anyway. It seems rather pointless.
The staff plasted their names on it for you to appreciate (worship) them because of their life-consuming work... please, show the respect they are worth of sticking until the very end of the episode!

No, Fūka, not you in here! Why do you have to look so much like G3-tan? Damn you Mr. Tennōji, and your obsession with 'hime' cuts...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cool PV. The main aspect I liked was that for a show about tanks most of it was spent showing scenes in a canteen or classroom.

Medaka Box 7
tumblr_m460vdRmj61qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kind of was easy to predict the outcome of the second part of the episode. Though I think both were pretty fun. Zenkichi was hilarious in the first one and both him and Akune were funny in the second one.

Ryuukan

For all the otome here, firehawk, solune, darkside, etc:

Keitai Guardian is in English on the US AppStore!

Watch beautiful boys tell their stories with full voice, including best male VA, Tomokazu Sugita!

AppStore link

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Legend of the Galactic Pedos] 018
Dude. Dude.

Quite an eventful episode. And all about this badarse motherfucker right here:
Just look at all dat swag. Doesn't that look like the face of someone who's always prepared for every possible outcome, like Batman? Not only did he manage to turn the only positive female role model so far in the cartoon to his band, but he also contained a bunch of rebel nobles and turned the whole Empire against them. I would vote for him if this weren't an oligarchic system.
All hail Space Delita!

Jex

[Legend of the Galactic Pedos] 018

Just look at all dat swag. Doesn't that look like the face of someone who's always prepared for every possible outcome, like Batman? Not only did he manage to turn the only positive female role model so far in the cartoon to his band, but he also contained a bunch of rebel nobels and turned the whole Empire against them. I would vote for him if this weren't an oligarchic system.

Perhaps you are now beginning to understand the efficiency of autocratic regimes. Sometimes, democracy is just a barrier to effective governance and Legend of the Galactic Heroes sometimes appears to be a presenting the message that dictatorship is better than democracy.

Of course, it isn't really that simple. The show provides a number of viewpoints on the issue of democracy vs autocracy, up to and including sequence's where the characters in the show literally debate the issue.

I think that the series is leaning towards the idea that a flawed democracy is still better than an autocracy but it's really up to your interpretation of what the writer is saying.

At the very least, the show is making an argument that there are such things as 'bad democracies' and 'effective' autocracies, which is more than I can say for many fictional stories.

Jex

so the new fad is military moe? we went from detective moe to dead moe to military moe now.

You make the foolish assumption that all these sub-fetishes can't all exist at the same time. They can and do, although there has certainly been a handful of military 'cute girl' shows airing in the last few years.
Was Toonami always that late?

Nope.

The Toonami that I remember came on in the afternoon, around the time that school got out.
Exactly. The 'after school when kids come home' time slot is, undoubtedly, the ideal time slot for any show aimed at that demographic to air. It seems unlikely that certain 90's shows would have got as popular as they did if Toonami aired it's content much later.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I would definitely watch Reboot again if they aired it.
That isnt animu but its still rad as fuck.

Well that line-up is definitely lacking in the non-anime content they showed. Considering how fast they put it together I'm guessing they fell back on stuff they already have the license to show and will put in new content over time.

cajunator

Banned
Well that line-up is definitely lacking in the non-anime content they showed. Considering how fast they put it together I'm guessing they fell back on stuff they already have the license to show and will put in new content over time.

Whatever they have to do to get anime back on the air is fine. Gotta start with the sure hits and maybe it can rekindle something.

I think a really awesome idea would be a simulcast like crunchyroll does, but on TV instead of the internet.

Huh? Adult Swim is still airing anime at the same time? If that's the case what makes this special? I'm confused...

If this is the true lineup, it's just a shallow rebranding to throw a bone to old fans. CN's press release did imply there would be more than this though, with the talk of original content and all. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Perhaps CN is still nailing down the schedule, and so hasn't given the final one to TV Guide.

and here the PV

http://youtu.be/SIrMJSX6lbw

"Panzer vor!"

Meh, outside the appearance of tanks it looks fairly generic.

duckroll

If this is the true lineup, it's just a shallow rebranding to throw a bone to old fans. CN's press release did imply there would be more than this though, with the talk of original content and all. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Perhaps CN is still nailing down the schedule, and so hasn't given the final one to TV Guide.

I see. I don't really know the details involved since I'm not familiar with CN's regular programming. So this listing could be an old schedule from before the new Toonami was announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom