• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Outs 10

qgKku.jpg

I believe this is what is referred to as "black muscles".

duckroll

Believe me, the few of us fans here are aware of that fact, which makes the tease from last week even worse.

My question is, how can it be a "shift" if there's nothing to shift into? If the series has a huge change of tone by episode 10, and then it ends 2 episodes after that, what's the point? Lol.

cajunator

Banned
My question is, how can it be a "shift" if there's nothing to shift into? If the series has a huge change of tone by episode 10, and then it ends 2 episodes after that, what's the point? Lol.

It does seem that this show is getting cut awfully short. It makes me wonder what's the point of it being made at all.

In order to taunt endless shonen fans who wish this was one of those shows? Saying "see, you'll get more of this if it sells well enough to get a followup"? I don't know, but it is kind of silly as is to have a genre switch like two episodes before the end.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
All this hyping up of the genre shift in Medaka Box accomplishes is spoil the fact that there's a genre shift for the people that have been interested in the cartoon to begin with.

I bailed out at the right time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[There's always a place in my heart in the skies of love] 017
Lots of brolust moments in this episode:
  • Oberstein jealous of Kircheis position as Lohengramm's concubine confidante.
  • Lohengramm manlustingly admiring Yang's ability to read him like the shaft of his arm.
  • All of Yang's subordinates commenting on Kircheis' handsome appearance at the POW exchange treaty signing.
  • Kircheis hitting on fifteen-year-old Julian.
  • Bucock spending quality night-time with Yang.
  • And a Council of Shadowy Men in Poorly-Lit Rooms Who Want to Control the World.

Did I stumble onto a BL anime?

cajunator

Banned
There's always a place in my heart in the skies of love 017

Lots of brolust moments in this episode:
  • Oberstein jealous of Kircheis position as Lohengramm's concubine confidante.
  • Lohengramm manlustingly admiring Yang's ability to read him like the shaft of his arm.
  • All of Yang's subordinates commenting on Kircheis' handsome appearance at the POW exchange treaty signing.
  • Kircheis hitting on fifteen-year old Julian.
  • Bucock spending quality night-time with Yang.
  • And a Council of Shadowy Men in Poorly-Lit Rooms Who Want to Control the World.

Did I stumble into a BL anime?

I would say it's a distinct possibility.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shuttles and other spacefaring crafts.

Sputnik-chan

cajunator

Banned
The satellite moe can't be far off.
Isn't there a manga of that?

Also, why isn't there an anime of the OS-tans? they seem popular enough.

Haly

Toonami was never about niche/unknown stuff though.

It was always about manly stories that kids could look to for inspiration.

Haly

Wait why the fuck are they airing both FMAs at the same time?

That's just asking for a headache.

Cwarrior

Two Fma going to confuses causal people making them conflicted about the franchises

*fma1 airs*

this show so boring and retarded at the same time

*fma brotherhood airs*

why does this look so much better wait there actually some cool fighting going on now? I was wrong about fma

*fma 1 airs again*

...fuck this shit I don't even know whats going on anymore

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The ending to the first FMA (never watched Brotherhood) confused me. When they
ended up in the real world was it meant to be WWI or WWII? Zeppelins suggest WWI, but the mention of Churchill indicates WWII.

Cwarrior

The time slot is pretty crazy I don't know anyone that watches tv that late at night.

Toonami was never about niche/unknown stuff though.

It was always about manly stories that kids could look to for inspiration.

Then they should put Hajime no ippo in there.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The ending to the first FMA (never watched Brotherhood) confused me. When they
ended up in the real world was it meant to be WWI or WWII? Zeppelins suggest WWI, but the mention of Churchill indicates WWII.

Ed goes back to 1921, so neither.

When he meets Hohenheim there, though, it's during World War I.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's not much different from what's currently running at that time on Adult Swim. It just swaps out Big O and Kekkaishi for original FMA and a second airing of Bebop.
I get the feeling that they wanted to rebrand it with the Toonami name so people feeling nostalgic and caught up in the fervor of the name coming back would just watch the shows they had.

Articalys

Sket Dance 58

Excellent first half of the episode, all the way through even the mid-episode eyecatch. Too bad the second half just had me crying over how bad it was.

Next week is another of my favorite story arcs; looking forward to it.

Theonik

Oh God.

Bwahahaha.
I can't listen to the original lyrics anymore haha.

Highshcool DxD has the best ED, and I haven't even seen the show.
It certainly has interesting animation.
Now if you would excuse me while I get a new pair of trousers /jk
Edit:
OK.
Wonder why Churchill was mentioned then. Maybe I had dodgy subs.
Churchil was a politician way before he was Prime Minister, in fact he was one of the people most opposed to the appeasement policy the UK had towards Hitler

Steroyd

Medaka Box - 07

An... entertaining episode, where Shiranui isn't the sole entertaining factor of said episode... what the hell?

All this hyping up of the genre shift in Medaka Box accomplishes is spoil the fact that there's a genre shift for the people that have been interested in the cartoon to begin with.

I bailed out at the right time.

Which ironically, are generally the people who have already read the manga.

I get the feeling that people who are anime only have either dropped it already, or are sticking with it because they've been informed of the genre shift, with a third faction being the Shiranui fanclub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom