• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I am not reading great things about Kids on the Slope or Lupin in here.

I only hope Tsuritama can save today's outlook.

Kazzy

Oh jeez, I finally had a chance to catch up on some shows today, so I started on Lupin. I've been enjoying it, so to hear the general opinion in here is pretty disheartening. I'm onto episode 6 for what its worth.

...and Kids on the Slope too! You're killing me in here!

Ultimadrago

Kids on the Slope 6

OUq0j.jpg

Yo, can a "Monocle" here inform me as to whether this scene hold more connotation besides Karou being
overly sensitive towards autonomy between Ri-chan because of the ""situation" between them?

That would be great, thaaanks.

Anyways,
Yurika's painting and the off key piano made me chuckle.
Shit was uggs, yo. The
main two ideal-from-guy-perspective "couples" switch places for some one-on-one.

8jh3f.jpg

A single "tear" shared between Sentaro and Yurika.

Sometimes being a bro gets messy.
Karou's words on "Player Jun" sting Yurika.

xKw2k.jpg

"Faaaabulous!"

And lastly
NTR! NTR! NTR! This is the NTR song!

This episode came off uuuuuh, strange in its additional (unwelcome) drama. So, what element exactly would bring about such
violent separartion again? A fang-boy bringing a record and asking for Sentaro in a band?

wut.

Cwarrior

Hunter x Hunter R 20

Fanfuckingtastic probably best episode I seen all year illumi got all up in his mind with some grade A psychological warfare.

Hats off to madhouse I feel like there reading my post and fixed the only issue had with the remake that was it not having enough tracks for a long running series but now they've added a bunch of good tracks.

Tsuritama 6

Fishing has never been so fabulous.

Seriously, an incredible episode. Exactly what you'd want from the midpoint of a show. The liveliness of the animation and storyboarding was something to behold, and the "big plot" is heating up. I feel like this show has begun to reveal its true colors.

Nakamura still has it. To be fair, this week's director/storyboarder, Takaaki Wada, seems to be known for his love of movement, and that helped a lot. There were a lot of little background character animations that kept the episode continually upbeat.

Jex

Lupin III: A Woman named Fujiko Mine 7
It would seem I spoke too soon about this series' "getting better again" after the last episode.
I told you that one episode doesn't constitute a trend!

I don't enjoy being cynical about these things, but unfortunately I am often proved correct.

Theonik

Fujiko Lupine III VII
An enjoyable episode overall I guess. It certainly had its moments, the names alone were pretty nice.
Fatlantic Ocean, United States of Yumerica. Kestro etc
got progressively crazier with
Goemon cutting missiles in half while riding on top of a biplane saving the world.
I did find the ending a bit lukewarm
what happened with the oil fields? Why was Fujiko interested in the first place? Any employer she could have had wouldn't be interested in them in a Communist country it's not like she can do anything with them in secret, also shameless tits just to keep with the "fujiko shows her tits every episode" shtick that has sorta started to lose its impact
I'm saving this one haha

Fujiko Lupine III VII
An enjoyable episode overall I guess. It certainly had its moments, the names alone were pretty nice.
Fatlantic Ocean, United States of Yumerica. Kestro etc
got progressively crazier with
Goemon cutting missiles in half while riding on top of a biplane saving the world.
I did find the ending a bit lukewarm
what happened with the oil fields? Why was Fujiko interested in the first place? Any employer she could have had wouldn't be interested in them in a Communist country it's not like she can do anything with them in secret, also shameless tits just to keep with the fujiko shows her tits every ep shtick that has sorta started to lose its impact

At least this time
there were those tan lines. Not as sexy as Urabe's though!

duckroll

Kids on the Slope - Episode 6

This is the most off-tone episode in the series so far. I don't even really want to talk that much about it because I'm still pretty upset with how strange the developments got. The leads felt rather out of character this week and there are events which feel extremely forced and unnatural. The introduction of the new character is meant to upset the balance for drama, but he just comes off as being annoying and totally unsuitable for the sort of tone the series has had so far. I'm not a fan of the developments at all, and while the production values remain polished, the narrative took a serious hit this week.

Tsuritama - Episode 6

On the other hand, the other noitaminA show this week made a surprisingly strong effort to bring the various plot elements it has been building up to tie into a pretty exciting mid-series climax. The direction was pretty excellent, and the way things moved into motion justified all the build-up in the previous five episodes. Lots of interesting animation too, and some plot developments which are starting to make me really yearn for more. I'm actually excited to find out where the series is going next now!

Theonik

At least this time
there were those tan lines. Not as sexy as Urabe's though!
True, but it was still shameless and as you said this season already had this done but better!

I told you that one episode doesn't constitute a trend!

I don't enjoy being cynical about these things, but unfortunately I am often proved correct.
Well, there was a pattern! 4 was a huge drop and 5 was an upwards trend leading to a peak at 6. 7 felt like another drop.

/XX/

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
With all of these KotS impressions I feel like this might be another case of "Well it was fun while it lasted.". :-/

Hope next week proves this wrong.

Jex

With all of these KotS impressions I feel like this might be another case of "Well it was fun while it lasted.". :-/

Hope next week proves this wrong.

My problems with this show weren't direction-based (which can vary massively from week to week in any anime) but story and character based (which are more fixed in non-episodic shows).

It's a bad sign, really.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Kids on the slope 6 - First "weak" episode in the series, a lot of things about it felt "off" and while the production values didn't suffer a huge downgrade and were actually pretty solid; it wasn't really enough to save the terrible script of the episode, the forced drama at the end was just "wat?" hope it's not a sign of how the rest of the series will play out.:mad:

Tsuritama 6 - This was the best episode in the series since 3. The atmosphere, music, and art direction was still as good as ever, however in addition to that it had a more energetic feel to the direction and flow, that i felt was sorely lacking in the previous two. Lots of interesting plot developments too, really excited to see where the series goes from here.

Medaka Box 06
SJNrN.gif

She's quite an enjoyable character.
I liked the first part of the episode a lot more than the second part. I found the new girl to be quite likeable and a good addition to the cast.
The episode was still really good and I'm looking forward to what is coming up.

/XX/

My problems with this show weren't direction-based (which can vary massively from week to week in any anime) but story and character based (which are more fixed in non-episodic shows).

It's a bad sign, really.
O.K., I haven't seen and didn't have the intention of seeing that series for now as I first focus on non-adaptations, but this criticisms made me curious to know:

Was the problem of this episode the way all the characters were handled in general (atypically?) or only an specific (and apparently annoying) one? Because I'm seeing conflicting reports everywhere... well, rather than conflicting... maybe more like they only mention the "new annoying character" part.

Koroviev

Kids on the Slope - Episode 6

This is the most off-tone episode in the series so far. I don't even really want to talk that much about it because I'm still pretty upset with how strange the developments got. The leads felt rather out of character this week and there are events which feel extremely forced and unnatural. The introduction of the new character is meant to upset the balance for drama, but he just comes off as being annoying and totally unsuitable for the sort of tone the series has had so far. I'm not a fan of the developments at all, and while the production values remain polished, the narrative took a serious hit this week.

Tsuritama - Episode 6

On the other hand, the other noitaminA show this week made a surprisingly strong effort to bring the various plot elements it has been building up to tie into a pretty exciting mid-series climax. The direction was pretty excellent, and the way things moved into motion justified all the build-up in the previous five episodes. Lots of interesting animation too, and some plot developments which are starting to make me really yearn for more. I'm actually excited to find out where the series is going next now!

Oh man, not Apollon. I am cry :'(

Busaiku

I am not reading great things about Kids on the Slope or Lupin in here.

I only hope Tsuritama can save today's outlook.

Yes, it was quite incredible.
I'm just worried that things could get ugly afterwards.

However, this is what they were hinting towards every episode.

Jex

O.K., I haven't seen and didn't have the intention of seeing that series for now as I first focus on non-adaptations, but this criticisms made me curious to know:

Was the problem of this episode the way all the characters were handled in general (atypically?) or only an specific (and apparently annoying) one? Because I'm seeing conflicting reports everywhere... well, more than conflicting... maybe more like they only mention the "new annoying character" part.

It was a number of characters, really. However, the way they acted was in direct proportion to the 'new character' because they reacted to him.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The end of my working week so now I can crack out some anime.

First up Gakkatsu 6

Move over eagle. We're replacing you with the sunfish!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I thought Kids on the Slope was good this week. What's the problem?
I enjoyed the episode too, but I can't deny that the sudden introduction of a clichéd genki character like Whatshisface brings out a different dynamic that can be seen as unwelcome. It's a very sudden development.

Medaka Box 06
http://i.imgur.com/SJNrN.gif[/IM]
She's quite an enjoyable character.
I liked the first part of the episode a lot more than the second part. I found the new girl to be quite likeable and a good addition to the cast.

The episode was still really good and I'm looking forward to what is coming up.[/QUOTE]

What did she add though? She didnt do much of anything in the second one, and dont you mean episode 7?

duckroll

Was the problem of this episode the way all the characters were handled in general (atypically?) or only an specific (and apparently annoying) one? Because I'm seeing conflicting reports everywhere... well, more than conflicting... maybe more like they only mention the "new annoying character" part.

You know how sometimes a show introduces a new character to shake things up, except it back fires if the character is completely obnoxious and brings with him plot elements which the audience for that show do not want? And usually in such a case all the existing characters in the show start to act out of character with that person around, because the show wasn't designed to support this sort of character dynamic? Yeah, it's like that.

Ninjimbo

It is sudden, but I didn't see anything that was out of the norm except for the development at the end with Kaoru. He even admits to himself that how he reacted was out of character. The tiny flashbacks went a long way towards justifying that reaction to me so I was good with that. As for the flamboyant dude, I dont know.
He just really wants a drummer
. He doesn't get a strong reaction from me.

Tsuritama 06
xNSpp.gif

Damn, that was a good episode. I really like Yuki's character development thus so far plus the fact that it has stuck instead of doing the whole silly status quo thing. This show is definitely becoming my favorite show of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom