• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

tumblr_m48osoQus81r72ht7o6_r1_500.gif

Jex

..and by that same measure, your original post about that shot from Kids on the Slope served no purpose either. It's not all about you, you know.

Not at all. It's purpose was to explain why good background art, image composition etc. matters when you're telling a story in a visual medium and in particular why I thought that one shot in Kids on the Slope was effective. Usually I would just, as Branduil did, say that 'the composition in this shot was good' (because it obviously was) but the thing it's (apparently) not obvious to everyone, so I decided to explain it for once. I was simply backing up my opinion with an actual argument.

Ideally, ever time I had an opinion about an anime I'd go to the same lengths to prove my point, e.g. that the direction in episode 5 of some show was 'poor'. In reality, however, I don't have the time or inclination to explain in great detail every time I have an opinion about an an anime, which is why I usually state my opinion rather than defending it with examples.

duckroll

When Fate/Zero ends, I'm thinking of doing a series of write-ups with screens, illustrating the various aspects of what the show does so well that isn't particularly common in the majority of animation works. I'm not sure if the best place to post them would be in here, or in another thread, or on an external site which is then linked. Honestly, I'm more concerned about formatting than anything else. Maybe Jexhius can advice on this...

When Fate/Zero ends, I'm thinking of doing a series of write-ups with screens, illustrating the various aspects of what the show does so well that isn't particularly common in the majority of animation works. I'm not sure if the best place to post them would be in here, or in another thread, or on an external site which is then linked. Honestly, I'm more concerned about formatting than anything else. Maybe Jexhius can advice on this...

Start an anime snob OT.

Jex

Once one of posts hit a certain lengths and contained a certain number of characters and images it just made sense to make it a blog post (e.g. put it on Tumblr) rather than simply placing it in the thread. This gives you much greater control of formatting.

It sounds like your post would be extremely comprehensive, more so than simply a comment in a thread, so I would recommend placing it offsite and then linking to it, preferably with a sample of what you've written placed in GAF.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Accel World 7

That was a good episode. The exposition levels were low, and the action was pretty cool (despite the fact that the
health bar antics
annoy me to no end). I'm liking this whole "Master" thing all Legion members seem to follow, but maybe that's just the MMORPG addict in me enjoying the guild-like structure finally showing up, haha.

That final scene with Aqua Current and the
Memory Leak
was interesting... And it brought along one more cool new song from the OST.

But, yeah. It was good to watch some plot threads reaching a conclusion. Obviously, next week the
harem will keep on growing, with the loli red-haired girl showing up. I wonder what's her role in all of this. And I wonder when they'll give Chiyu her own time-stopping, avatar-fighting powers.

kore Zombie of the dead 7

the return of ps1 polygon crowd!

That opening was hilarious. All the jokes were 'hits' this eps. Great stuff.

'oh what's happening?' 'I can fly!'Is this suppose to be riffing off Angel Beats? haha.

Sigh, what a shit curse.

Risette

A Good Citizen
So you agree that the studios should master at a higher resolution. Good.
Why do it at a higher resolution when they can do it at a lower resolution and upscale to get the same amount of pixels?

Also, personally, I like a softer look to lineart. While there are other ways to achieve this than a lower resolution, it's a way nonetheless.

PATLABOR 2: THE MOVIE

http://i.imgur.com/XYhpG.jpg

I saw the first Patlabor movie a little under a year ago. I enjoyed the characters well enough that I put the second movie on my wishlist, and I picked it up recently. I got more excited to see what I was in for as the name "Satoshi Kon" and "Directed by: Mamoru Oshii" appeared in the credits. Okay, maybe Kon was only credited for "Layout," but that still didn't matter to me. I had totally forgotten Oshii ever had a part in these, so I was constantly on the lookout for his calling card. He didn't disappoint.

I watched this movie for the first time a few months ago. It ... wasn't very good at all, really. I wrote a good-sized review of my thoughts here: [url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34682315

Looking back, I think I have have more positive memories of The Sky Crawlers than of Patlabor 2, so I think I'd amend that last bit to say that Sky Crawlers is the better of the two for sure, if not by a lot. But yeah, I don't know why this movie is popular. Apparently a fair number of people love Patlabor 2, but don't ask me to understand why, I don't have a clue.

http://i.imgur.com/EMYyX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qGL9U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tn6tm.jpg

Story

In the year 2000, the Yokohama Bay Bridge is temporarily on lockdown while officers investigate an anonymous car bomb tip. However, the officers are unable to reach the car before it explodes. However, evidence surfaces of a jet having potentially fired a missile that was actually the cause of the destruction of the bridge. Commander Goto and Commander Nagumo are contacted by an Intelligence Officer named Arakawa, who suspects Nagumo's old teacher, Tsuge, of being behind the attack. The SV2 are tasked with finding Tsuge before he is able to follow through with whatever it is he has planned for Tokyo.

I have to say, I really liked this movie. It had a good balance of content and was well paced. The characters (well, the primary ones), felt well developed and were great to watch bounce off each other. It felt intelligently written, but perhaps they got a little too into throwing around terminology from time to time. It didn't feel out of place, but I felt a little left behind at moments because of my own personal lack of knowledge. The ending, much like in the first movie, felt a little sudden and left me wanting more, but it didn't hamper my overall enjoyment of the film.

The thing that bothered me about the first movie was it felt a little unfocused. There felt this underlying desire to give all of the people on the team their moments or get you at least acquainted enough with them that you would care about what was going on. I'm appreciative that they did that, but it felt like they spent too much time on it. Patlabor 2 felt much more focused on telling the story it wanted to, and it trimmed (for lack of better word) the cast down. It came across as a much tighter experience overall, and I think it really benefited from that. However, when things started to reach the climax of the movie, I didn't really care as much about the actions of the team. They had been largely absent the duration of the movie, so it was a little off-putting to have them suddenly thrown into the limelight. I guess I can't be happy either way, but I think I liked the second's approach more. I'll always take more Goto and Nagumo over getting everyone some screentime, haha.

I think I'll save my thoughts on themes for my "final thoughts" part at the bottom...

http://i.imgur.com/v6StT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JuogQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hLIbw.jpg
The plot really isn't that deep, complex, or interesting. It's just yet another random thriller movie evil military conspiracy movie plot, nothing more than that... but without most of the action that that genre usually centers around to keep you distracted away from the plot. It's not enough of a mystery to call it a detective story, either, so yeah, the story's just not that interesting. (I say more in my review, so I won't repeat myself, just read that.)

As for the characters, as I said in my review, the main two characters were boring. The part with the rest of the cast was one of the better parts of the film...

The first movie had a better plot for sure. It was somewhat more original, and was definitely more interesting too.

Presentation

Wow. I think I would recommend people watch this purely on the basis of how good the presentation was. The animation and background art was fantastic, the camera work and framing of scenes was excellent, the attention to details (like reflections showing up in a car window when interior lights came on or the slight shift in balance a person makes when an elevator stops) were really above and beyond. I listened to it in japanese, but the voice work was really well done, from my ignorant perspective on the language. Really, just everything about this was spectacular. The minutia they put so much work into really helped to sell the entire package, and the really grand strokes they put hard work into were complimented even more by the smaller parts.

Scenes really sold the tone immediately, and there were some really well constructed (I guess montages? I'm not sure if they would classify, but I'll call them montages) montages that paralleled spoken and unspoken content very well. It's nice to have animation that remembers it's a visual story telling medium and doesn't fall back entirely on exposition to relay everything. That's not to say that doesn't happen (oh boy, does it), but it's used much more for expressing attitudes and character opinions more than the philosophical stuff the actual dialogue dumps do. Thank you for showing me character reactions instead of telling!

Heck, the amount of work they put into recreating video distortion effects and shots with reflections on the exteriors of buildings were worth watching this for. Just really top notch stuff all around.

http://i.imgur.com/SxzbU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ic7UE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zElUX.jpg
Eh, if you say so. I didn't find the visuals anything particularly interesting most of the time, though, and some of the camera choices are just weird... like, this stuff :http://i.imgur.com/EMYyX.jpg I mean seriously, that looks awful.

I mean, it's well animated overall, I just thought that too often, what they were animating wasn't that interesting.

Final Thoughts

Okay, let's talk on some themes!
I don't intend on making any real significant points or draw any extreme conclusions, but this is more just me thinking aloud, and I'm letting you read along, if you want. : )
I wanted to cover the visual themes first, but I realized they all tied back into the central theme of the movie too strongly to bother discussing them without at least examining the central theme. Just going to spoiler everything to save myself the effort, haha.

The central theme of the film comes up during a conversation off-screen between Arakawa and Goto. In it, they talk about "illusory peace vs. just war." They discuss how, though Japan has not actively fought on the front lines in any war for over fifty years, they fool themselves into thinking they're innocent, despite their advancements in technology contributing greatly to the wars of other nations. Goto states he would rather live in this illusory peace than take part in a just war. Most just wars, Arakawa reasons, are easy to have justified at the time, given that all major wars were done in such fashion. It becomes easy to lose perspective when you're so far removed from what your actions are eventually resulting in. Goto asks if he believes Tsuge's goal is to start a war, but Arakawa tells him the war has been going on ever since Tsuge returned to Japan from a Labor exercise in an active war zone.

This specific theme is the very last part of this post I'm writing, as I wanted to get my thoughts down on everything else before I read up on the history of this matter. The very first scene felt much too deliberate in its setting for it to just be some arbitrary choice, so I read up on wikipedia some. It really helps put a lot of the movie into context, and makes a bit more sense why this would be the sort of things Oshii addressed in the film. I didn't think it too out of character, but I just thought it to be a rather interesting decision to examine things like a possible militarization of Japan and the results of what such events could cause or lead to.

Examining Japan's part in both local and global military was something I felt under-qualified to comment on, but I still found the movie's poking and prodding on the ideas to be worth watching. My personal knowledge of Japan's demilitarization is extremely limited, and I still think Tsuge wanting to expose this conversation to the people of Japan as being his only motive was a little weak, but worth looking into. I'm not really sure where my own personal feelings fall at the end of the film, as I'm want to side with Goto's perspective, but Tsuge's desire to make people see the "reality" of things is important. I definitely disagree with his methods, and both raise good points. I suppose I should more applaud the film for leaving me uncertain rather than telling me how I should feel.

Either way, I feel the more universal message that can be taken away from it is the danger of losing perspective of how far your hand reaches and just who really takes the consequences of our actions. I'm glad they ended Nagumo and Tsuge's part in the film with Tsuge looking out at Tokyo from afar, commenting on how it looks like a mirage from where he's at. Despite his intentions, even Tsuge isn't completely safe from falling under the same trappings as others in high places of power.
As a history/political science person, I do know a fair amount about Japanese demilitarization... I've taken multiple classes before relating to that, read a substantial amount really about postwar (and beyond) Japan, etc.

However, I don't think that is required to find this movie's theme generic and ultimately uninteresting. I mean, this kind of thing is the plot behind movie villain stories so, so often... it's absolutely nothing special at all here. Up until the reveal, I kept thinking that because of the slow, detective-style pace, that the ultimate reveal would be something interesting. And as I said in my review, I love politics... but instead, it was quite the opposite -- it was, in many ways, just another lame movie villain story about someone who wants to make everyone suffer everyone because they haven't been through what he has.

I know that's oversimplifying things for his motivations, he was trying to get people to see the consequences of Japan's "peace", but seriously... no, the plot's nothing special. And the whole giant conspiracy element is something I really dislike. I just hate these stupid giant conspiracies that somehow have gotten through every level of government, but of course weren't known about by anyone who could stop it until it's too late... I complain about some more things relating to this in my review of the film, so I won't repeat myself (read that), but I don't know if I mentioned enough how annoying and stupid these "there's a whole secret army hiding among the regular troops, but NO ONE KNOWS!" plots are... no, that's not a credible story at all, I'm sorry! It's just not!

A small conspiracy, sure. Even a medium-sized one maybe. But a veritable army? Yeah, right. No.

Oh, and on another note, that battle at the beginning was pretty stupid too. Seriously, a whole UN team getting wiped out like that without being allowed to shoot back until they're all dead? That almost felt like anti-UN propaganda or something, and was pretty ridiculous... I know that UN peacekeepers have strict regulations and generally can't shoot, but in that situation, it would NOT have been that hard, I am convinced. And seriously, the only reason anything else in the film happened was because of that -- the guy wasn't bitter because that other war existed at all, but because his team had died. I'm sure that the rest of that motivation came later. And it's all based on something very hard to believe. That's not good.

As I said, I do like the concept of the gap between popular awareness of what's going on in the rest of the world to support the first world, versus the lives of people in countries like Japan and the US, but the movie really isn't that deep, and far too much of it is generic movie stuff, and not some kind of realistic exploration of themes, for it to work on anything like the level I think it was meant to.

Not really a visual theme, but probably the most well executed part of the film was the series of short moments we see Japan deploying troops around the city. Seeing people in legitimate shock, some taking photos in front of tanks, and even school children waving to a soldier that waves back whilst glancing off at the sky for a second. It was great seeing this force they like to not think of being thrust right into the middle of their streets and lives. Yeah, didn't really have a good spot to add this, so it's going here, haha.
I deleted the rest of this "visual themes" part because that stuff just doesn't interest me much, but this part I did like, yeah.
It was kind of interesting to see the reactions of the people of Japan to having military troops occupying the city. That's certainly something they would never expect to happen, in the modern day...

Okay, my real final thoughts-
Excellent film. It was really great coming off of Garzey's Wing to something written intelligently, executed gorgeously, and was just a nice alternative to something so silly. I think this is my favorite of the two Patlabor movies, and I'm pondering looking into the series now. Goto feels like an unsung hero of anime (or, at least I never see enough of him in discussion, but I'm not the most savvy in anime circles), and I wouldn't mind seeing the characters in a full tv run.

I'd really recommend this to anyone that liked something in the vein of the Ghost in the Shell movies, or if you just like the type of work Oshii is known for.
Maybe if you like GitS2, or even closer, The Sky Crawlers, sure, you might like this...

On that note, I can't really compare this to GitS2; I watched that only once, and too long ago to really remember what I thought about it (apart from it being definitely not as good as the first one). But Patlabor 2 just wasn't anything above "decent and I don't regret watching it, but not that great overall".

Risette

A Good Citizen
Dragonball Z 62-89

Freeza is such a loser. He's like a little kid with a lot of power. Also his second transformation looked dumb as fuck too, like he had a dolphin as a head or something. I'm guessing Toriyama was going for something like a xenomorph head but yeahhh it didn't work too well, especially with those spikes on his back -- how does he turn his head?! I think his Japanese voice is a lot cooler (maybe a pun) -- the Eng dub voice that I remember made him sound like an angry chain-smoking woman who was about 55 years old. Other than that, Vegeta
breaking down in tears and begging Goku to avenge the Saiyans before being finished off while he was down by Freeza
was a manly-tears moment. ;_;

Once Freeza took the stage it seems that the animation quality really picked up. It seems to have come at a cost though, as the pre-episode recaps are loooong now. I used to not skip them but now they're like 2 minutes each. :/

If you want to know more about Patlabor the super-limited editions come with a number of interviews with Oshii and other members of Headgear who worked on the film. They're certainly useful in highlighting the intentions and views of the creators. I also recommend Brian Ruh's Stray Dog of Anime, The Films Of Mamoru Oshii, primairly because there aren't many other books like it.

Before I get on with some more Platbor 2 analysis I just want to let everyone know that the DAPDX episode on the Patlabor franchise said that watching the second movie felt like 'being stuck in a traffic jam for three hours'. It's amazing how wrong some people can be.

Anyhoo, as for the film itself you've already covered a number of the important aspects of the work so there's not too much for me to talk about. Still, a few interesting facets remain to be discovered. For example, Oshii identifies himself with the antagonist in the movie: "Tsuge is the other self of Mamoru Oshii. Tsuge's political thoughts and opinions, if there are any, are mine." This is because Oshii feels that people are not "waking up to the reality" e.g. Japan's military role in international conflicts.
Japan's military role in international conflicts? What role? Japan's role in international conflicts is a support role only, because Japan will only deploy peacekeepers in safe areas where there's no chance of violence. They had no active role in Afghanistan or Iraq, apart from some ship-refueling (in the Persian Gulf) and other minor things like that, far from the conflict zones.

Japan has been increasing its military role in the world, very gradually, since the end of the Cold War though, that is true. The idea that this movie, releasing in 1993 just as Japan was indeed in that post Cold Wardebate over whether to increase their role in international peacekeeping, is something I thought of, yes. It's a reasonable guess. But what exactly does he want? Japanese troops to stay out? That doesn't really solve the problem, it just shoves the problem to troops from other countries. You know, like what Japan did in the first war against Iraq in 1991, when they just gave a lot of money but no military assistance, and were strongly criticized for it. Reaction to that criticism did help push Japan towards finally allowing deployment of troops outside of their nation's borders (that is something neither Japan or West Germany ever did during the Cold War), but there's been a strong reaction against it ever since at home...

I imagine Tsuge would probably look dimly on that 'dump the problem on other people and just fund them" approach
, but what IS the answer, then? I mean, peacekeeping needs to happen. Some places need international troops for stability, and those troops DO sometimes do good. "Just keep out" is not the right approach. Of course some of it's done for self-serving reasons, unfortunately, like how we're much more likely to send troops to countries with resources we want than ones that don't have that, but still, it IS often legitimately helping... but anyway, the movie doesn't get into that kind of question at all. It's all on a much more superficial, movie-villain level in Patlabor 2, as I've said. But that's the kind of issue I find interesting to think about.

Another interesting fact is that this is the first film where the basset hound appears, and there a number of sequences of dogs in the film, usually to demonstrate that the dog has some greater awareness of the events unfolding than humans.

One major aspect of the film, that you've kind of hinted at in your discussion of illusion vs. reality is the idea of 'mediation of perception through technology.

As the opening credits of the movie roll, the viewer is introduced to a visual theme that will be omnipresent throughout the film-that of mediation of technology through perception. In other words, the modern world is continually viewed through filters of television cameras, video displays and computer screens. During the credits Noa and Asuma are testing a Labor piloting system. As the system starts up, the entire city materialises in the simulation Noa views through her visor. This projected city is complete with road obstacles such as people and cats. The Labor piloting simulation parallels the use of media in the rest of the film. By using technological mass media communications, we project a world around us that may not really exist. Where Ohsii’s previous films dealt with the issues of dreams and reality, in his later films technology substitutes for dreams – Brian Run

Relying on technology as a means of establishing factually proof can be extremely problematic, as the bridge incident reveals. This whole theme is expanded upon even further during Ghost in the Shell where this highly malleable technology is now implanted directly into the human body, meaning that everything we see and know is filtered through some technology which other people can manipulate for their own ends, as the Puppeteer so aptly demonstrates.
What you describe here isn't something I remember from this movie, but sure, maybe he was trying to very subtly mention it, I don't know... it's clear that we're looking for different things when we watch things, though (and this goes for either you or Typographenia, obviously). I want depth in the plot and motivations, you want lots of very subtle visual themes to anaylyze...

I mean, I have nothing against depth, but I think that at least something should be approachable, too, without that kind of extreme visual analysis. And that element of Patlabor 2 has some real problems.

Why do it at a higher resolution when they can do it at a lower resolution and upscale to get the same amount of pixels?

Also, personally, I like a softer look to lineart. While there are other ways to achieve this than a lower resolution, it's a way nonetheless.
I can't say for sure, but I think the background art suffers from having to work at a lower resolution, more so than the foreground art. There's less detail when working at a lower resolution, I know that much. It likely matters when working with digital lighting and CG models.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What you describe here isn't something I remember from this movie, but sure, maybe he was trying to very subtly mention it, I don't know... it's clear that we're looking for different things when we watch things, though .
Yeah, other people look for content in the film rather than somthing else on the web while it is playing.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I can't say for sure, but I think the background art suffers from having to work at a lower resolution, more so than the foreground art. There's less detail when working at a lower resolution, I know that much. It likely matters when working with digital lighting and CG models.
I was joking!

Higher resolutions are great but I have no issue (at all) with lower resolutions. What really matters is good artistry, that'll come through no matter what the resolution is.

And the quality of the encode too, you can't appreciate artistry when it's crumbled into a series of digital blocks.

I mean, I have nothing against depth, but I think that at least something should be approachable, too, without that kind of extreme visual analysis. And that element of Patlabor 2 has some real problems.
Just like any other Oshii movie it's pretty approachable and easy to understand without extreme visual analysis, because the core ideas are presented pretty... straightforwardly to the viewer. Maybe you are the element with some problems.

Uchip

Banned
The Fairy Tail drinking game:
drink when
-Every time happy says "AYE"
-Every time you hear that "wow!" sound effect
-they make a joke that makes no sense

it begins

Yeah, other people look for content in the film rather than somthing else on the web while it is playing.
I have no idea if you're joking or not here, but I'll respond seriously either way. (But no, I wasn't looking at anything else while watching Patlabor 2. Sorry. As I said in my review it did take a few days to get through because of how boring I found it, and I eventually had to just force myself to watch it (reminded me very much of The Sky Crawlers, in that regard!), but that's an entirely different issue...)

Seriously though, you're STILL complaining about that? Oh come on. And anyway, beyond the above, you of course entirely misrepresent my point. I WAS paying attention, but stuff like how a VR image appears relating to the central theme, or the use of birds, or whatever? I'm likely just not going to notice that kind of thing. Oshii and stuff in his style LOVES super-subtle stuff, and it is often a problem, as far as understanding goes. I mean, like, GitS SAC certainly is not boring, but it often is complex and layered, and often I was left saying "um, what exactly happened there?" without actually getting it. My point is that when you hide your themes that well, you run the risk of a fair number of people not understanding them. And stuff like how technology is used in Patlabor 2 relating to the main theme, that is NOT an obvious theme, that's subtle.

And as I said, that main theme itself was so, SO badly flawed, with the generic movie-villain badguy, the lame conspiracy, etc, that I don't know why I WOULD be looking for that depth. I mean, if I liked the story and the movie and was really into it, I can see trying harder to get it, like I often did with GitS SAC episodes (and the movies too of course)... but this? When the plot's not very good, the characters boring, and the pace so, so slow, why should I put an equal amount of effort into trying to discern the subthemes that I would in something better? You should have a better main plot and motivations first!

I was joking!

Higher resolutions are great but I have no issue (at all) with lower resolutions. What really matters is good artistry, that'll come through no matter what the resolution is.

And the quality of the encode too, you can't appreciate artistry when it's crumbled into a series of digital blocks.
I sure hoped that was the case.
The Fairy Tail drinking game:
drink when
-Every time happy says "AYE"
-Every time you hear that "wow!" sound effect
-they make a joke that makes no sense

it begins
I'll visit you when you are in rehab.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'll visit you when you are in rehab.

That's putting it optimistically.

If you really want to tempt fate, take a drink every time Natsu calls an attack and you would have otherwise had no idea what attack he was using if he didn't name it.

Accel World 7

GUg8o.jpg

Best avatar in the show.

Those were some good fights. The science explanations made me think of Oh! Great stuff. It definitely wouldn't feel out of place in something like Air Gear if not for the fact it was relatively easy to understand and didn't involve 30 diagrams.

Just like any other Oshii movie it's pretty approachable and easy to understand without extreme visual analysis, because the core ideas are presented pretty... straightforwardly to the viewer. Maybe you are the element with some problems.
Are you saying that just based on that, or did you read my review and my reply to Typographenia? Because I did understand quite a bit, I think. I have a lot to say in those posts about the core theme!

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch 7

Time for some exercise! Gym time and whatnot.

tyMco.jpg

Girl full of jelly instigates a challenge!

Natsume tries to get in Sae's head because she
can't get into her pants.
Miya has some fun running with the wind. Too much for the school to handle though, so outdoor day is cancelled/on-hold. The girls go to
Miya's house so we can once again bask in how poor she is :(

FBYZY.jpg

The reaction to being able to bum off of Hiro's cooking again...shameless.

Additionally, the manager shows up (I believe it's her first time on-screen). She's much more "chill" and even to an extent distant to the residents on this meeting than in Season 3. This is what one would observe as a natural relational progression, so the interactions check out. Though even in Season 3 she's not "buddy-buddy", more of the same leveled tone, but a bit more open.

Another eased episode with some light tension due to Yuno's nervousness about meeting the laidback landlady in proper and
a typhoon alert

Serious question: What was the overall budget on Hidamari Sketch? As much as I like the show for what it offers in other areas, it looks like it was made on a few weeks worth of lunch money in many places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom