• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acchi Kocchi 7

Can a show be this dangerously cute? Like the show has zero substance or anything but besides cute. It's like cute cute cute cute cute.

sad.jpg

T_T

ibcwOrEGDcoMxx.gif

Pass me a Tsumiki!

cute cute cute cute cute. I need to lie down.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lupin 07
Spoiler Image Hyperlink. On one hand it's pretty cool not knowing what you'll get with this show from week to week. On the other it feels like a crap shoot, where the scope of what's shot for is clearly outside of the achievable. Fujiko herself is adaptable to almost any scenario, but the rest of the cast often feels shoehorned in to the story of the week. I kind of feel like all of the wind has been snatched out of Apollon's and Lupin's sails in one week.

Instro

Lupin 07
Spoiler Image Hyperlink. On one hand it's pretty cool not knowing what you'll get with this show from week to week. On the other it feels like a crap shoot, where the scope of what's shot for is clearly outside of the achievable. Fujiko herself is adaptable to almost any scenario, but the rest of the cast often feels shoehorned in to the story of the week. I kind of feel like all of the wind has been snatched out of Apollon's and Lupin's sails in one week.

The image you had there prior to the edit was hilarious.

Thoraxes

Apollon - 06

Now, his reaction seemed appropriate given his past, but the real test of the character is how they handle the followup in the next episode.
To be honest, i'm looking forward to seeing how he handles it himself.
Really wanna know who that was at
the end of the episode too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Everyone got mad at pizzaroll when he did it. The filter that darkens characters gets pretty bad when there is flat and inconsistent lighting on the environment though. He was right. They don't even remember to use the shading effect on drawn objects sometimes.
Hey, I do remember that. That was pizzaroll? I'm sorry pizzaroll. :(

Soma

Sankarea - 07

Being on the losing team for two seasons now is hurting my heart more than it should.

I will keep the faith alive.

Oh Wanko! The forbidden fruit. She is too good for the MC.

Sankarea 7
just hope that through some twist of faith Wanko is successful in her endeavor.

Sankarea 7
Seeing as how Wanko has grown to become my favorite girl in this show

It's like you guys love pain don't you?

Rea > Ranko though fo realz

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kore wa Zombie OTD 07

KorewazombieOTD1.png

Maria-Holic-Alive-Episode-12.jpg

This scene killed me, just so.. so good.

Tomonori is still my favorite though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I still have that game shrink-wrapped. I feel bad about it. :(
The thing is, Michiko e Hatchin was a fairly solid show throughout it's run (with some notable dips), I don't understand why Lupin is so much worse (beyond the terrible production problems they've run into - which probably explain most things).
I suspect the show feels very pedestrian because the characters are, quite honestly, shallow. You cannot sell an episodic show like this without strong characterisation. Everyone in the main cast is a caricature of certain archetypes even if they are not traditional anime stereotypes.
Regardless of you feel about the characters, Michiko looked good every (basically) every episode and the direction was actually acceptable, unlike Lupin.

Also, I like the characters of Michiko and Hatchin.
high five

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Accel World] 07

And Haru's ongoing harem continues to grow.

Action-packed episode, but it was kinda boring. Not much going on on Haru's side of things and the action is still as nonsensical.

Uchip

Banned
Anime has basically ruined cute things for me
Now i feel like my cat is trying to sell me a product when hes meowing

Watching Fairy Tail i cant help but wish that Happy would shut the fck up and leave for a few episodes
we get it, you're the mascot!

funnily enough, 800x600 isn't that far off the rez that J.C Staff uses to master their shows (approx. 960x540)
approx. 960x540
960x540
approx. NINE HUNDRED SIXTY BY FIVE HUNDRED FORTY

MASTER COPY FOR AGES TO COME

PS VITA RESOLUTION

NOPE

NOPE NOPE NOPE

NOEPNOPENOEPNOPENOEPNOEPNOEPNOEPNOEPNOEPNOEPNOEP

QDBtt.gif

Risette

A Good Citizen
There's nothing wrong with mastering at that resolution. In fact 960x540 is pretty good since it's a perfect double scale to 1080p.

Eden of the East: Air Communication
A recap movie! Smashing together 11 episodes into an about two hours movie. Not too bad, it did have light commentary from the Eden folks so it wasn't too bad. It is starting to get me looking forward to the movies at the very least.

Oh god, this ED. School Food Punishment is so good~

Colorful

So for some reason, I thought this was something else that flawfuls mentioned like a year ago (I think Iblard Jikan), So I was pretty surprised when it ended up being completely different.

Anyway, it was... interesting. It started off with a really interesting hook; dude dies, can get a second chance if he inhabits some other dead guy's body for a bit. The opening scene was really friggin good. The mood was perfect and the use of text in place of voice for the protagonist was a great touch that really highlighted the somber, yet optimistic tone. I was immediately immersed and anticipating what was to come.

But then things started to slow down. And I mean really slow down. In retrospect, I realize that was intentional as there needs to be time to explore all the "colors" of a human, but that doesn't change the fact I was bored most of the time. I think the slow pace would have bothered me a lot less if the movie wasn't 2 hours long.

pS0vD.jpg

Dat live action.

While I definitely see the appeal of realistic human drama, it didn't really excite me at all, especially after the stellar opening. The aspergers girl was annoying (though I kind of felt bad for her), Makoto was a prick for a good portion of the movie, slut girl was a slut, and friend was a cool guy. No one else was really fleshed out enough and I'm disappointed there was
no resolution regarding the mom's affair.

Though despite my complaints, I do feel it has a very strong final act. Once aspergers girl said
Makoto was back to his old self,
I totally realized what the twist was and Makoto's sin. It was still pretty cool to see how it played out, so that was neat.

So yeah, alright movie that I probably wouldn't have liked at all if not for the strong opening and ending. Hope I don't watch the wrong thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom