• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eden of the East: The King of Eden
1SrFt.png

So, movie one and pretty much sequel to the TV show, a direct continuation of it.
It wasn't bad. It still looked pretty nice. It was nice to see places in the movie from New York and recognized that I have been there before. The plot is still hazy at the very least with things happening and not really explaining them. I still can not understand the whole Japanese and English exchange that goes on here.
A little silly that once the plot actually gets going, the movie is suddenly over. It's quite a shock with something finally happening here, you get waken up and have to wati for movie two for something to happen.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Manyuu Hikenchou 02:

I know that I lack the primal association of large breasts with childbearing capabilities that determines what most males do and don't find arousing in females, but I still can't believe that there are so many males that don't have any concept of aesthetic beauty or the natural human form. I see horrifying shit on Deviantart like balloon breasts and inflation and just wonder how the hell we as a species can innately recognize things like facial symmetry but not what's appropriate or normal for other parts of the body. I like some weird shit, but nothing that distorts the human body into shapes that are unrecognizable and grotesque and unnatural. Why can't people just look like, well, people?

The tits in this episode just looked like giant flaccid penis shafts. Disgusting. I'm definitely getting the worse end of this deal by far.

Manyuu Hikenchou 02:

I know that I lack the primal association of large breasts with childbearing capabilities that determines what most males do and don't find arousing in females, but I still can't believe that there are so many males that don't have any concept of aesthetic beauty or the natural human form. I see horrifying shit on Deviantart like balloon breasts and inflation and just wonder how the hell we as a species can innately recognize things like facial symmetry but not what's appropriate or normal for other parts of the body. I like some weird shit, but nothing that distorts the human body into shapes that are unrecognizable and grotesque and unnatural. Why can't people just look like, well, people?

The tits in this episode just looked like giant flaccid penis shafts. Disgusting. I'm definitely getting the worse end of this deal by far.

Oh that's the one with the assassin that uses her boobs to hypnotize people. I get what you mean with that.

Articalys

Welp, now I have a reason to marathon the fuck out of E7 before Friday.
FUNimation and FanimeCon are teaming up to present the “Eureka Seven AO Screening and Focus Panel”! FUNimation will hold a screening for episodes 1-3 of Eureka Seven AO, followed by a focus panel with FanimeCon Guest of Honor Shigeto Koyama and FUNimation Senior Brand Manager, Charlene Ingram. This special event will be held on Friday evening, May 25th, from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM in Video Main. Come and ask FUNimation about this brand new anime series, as well as participate in a door raffle for autographed prizes by Koyama-san!

faridmon

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

There is order and justice left in the world. Best
tsundere Loli
character ever created.

Coxy

Anyone seen any of these and have strong opinions they'd like to share?

- FMA Brotherhood: OVA Collection
- Cat Planet Cuties (Collection)
- Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Collection 1)
- Rozen Maiden Overture (OVA)
- Gosick – Collection 1

avoid this with all your might. I love catgirls but this show pretty much ignored them and all possibilities for fun 99% of the time to focus on the shitty main character and emo girl

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff 3

I'm this close to dropping the anime. I really hope they don't pull stupid shit like this episode.

Did these fools really think
they stood a chance against Rosa? It's not even a question of shounen power makes you stronger at soccer or whatever, it's impossible. You are weaker, slower, don't know jackshit about tactics and can't play for shit. I'm not gonna talk about the youths team since I don't know their age but if they are in late high school or university then it's a fucking joke that they lost this much.
That's a very weird complaint to make if you have ever watched a sports animu.

Makoto

Anyone seen any of these and have strong opinions they'd like to share?

- FMA Brotherhood: OVA Collection
- Cat Planet Cuties (Collection)
- Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Collection 1)
- Rozen Maiden Overture (OVA)
- Gosick – Collection 1
I'm actually watching this right now (five episodes in so far) and while the first two episodes were fun, they're introducing all these characters, organizations and plot that I didn't ask for. Feels neglectful man.

Jex

This is heresy! Previews are an indispensable part of anime!!!!!1!

Actually, to be fair, the anime industry understands that it takes skill to create good previews. Although that's exactly why they always assign newbies to do preview-editing - as a method of training!

Well, many previews seem intent on spoiling major events for the next episode which is why I don't bother watching them. Then again, some times the titles of the episodes are just as bad - "KABUTO KOUJI DIES IN MAGMA!"
Babular ojousama > Shy refined Waifu next door > Baka Chihuahua > Pohana

This is the reall heresy.

Space Bros 8

Don't have much to say other than this show is still great.

Also, the preview completely spoiled the
contents of the stuff Mutta found.

Jex

Fate zero ep20

Last minute character development a cheap tactic in try to get you to care about a character's death
,I dislike that, it's overused by anime, episode was alright thanks to the dialogue being interesting.

It's not just anime that does that though, it's just a symptom of bad writers everywhere.
When artists try to draw something in the uncanny valley between official Nintendo design and anime design, horrible things can and do happen.

thank you Nintendo for zero suit Samus and SS Zelda

Nintendo are just trying to appeal to otaku these days!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nintendo are just trying to appeal to otaku these days!
I was gonna say Kid Icarus Uprising was clearly kid-oriented stuff because of the shounenesque designs... and then I remembered one of the characters is
a mad loli with a thirst for human blood

Jex

MGX 6-7

Seeing the way Urabe keeps stringing Tsubaki along is starting to get a little sad but whatever makes him happy, I guess.

And I think we can all agree that Oka is like a thousand times the better girlfriend. Ueno is definitely the true winner in this show.

Perhaps the true message of Mysterious Girlfriend X is that one should rise up and overthrow the shackles of problematic girlfriends?

Jex

[Legend of the Galactic Heroes] 022

This is the reason why the villains never win in this show, whether they are Imperialists or Republicans. Also: not young and pretty enough. The implication that the nobles are this incompetent due to
centuries of inbreeding
only goes so far when everybody acts that way. Space senility is surely the real answer.

Also found this hilarious. Dude, you don't talk about
your kids like that
in the middle of the battlefield. You jinxed everyone!
I think centuries of inbreeding and general stagnation at the top is one reason that most of the commanders are rubbish. You have to remember that, at the Galactic Empire is an autocratic regime there's no gurante that talent will have the chance to move up the ranks.

Also, there's doesn't seem to be many chances to experience serious combat. Sometimes the Free Planets tries to take Isherlon, sometimes the Empire fights over some planet but it doesn't seem like major fleet-to-fleet combat happens that regularly. Even when it does, it seems to be against equally incompetent people!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Also, there's doesn't seem to be many chances to experience serious combat. Sometimes the Free Planets tries to take Isherlon, sometimes the Empire fights over some planet but it doesn't seem like major fleet-to-fleet combat happens that regularly. Even when it does, it seems to be against equally incompetent people!
It's stated at the beginning of the show that the Alliance and the Empire have been at war for centuries. Was the Empire positioning at Iserlohn that vital that it basically staved off all direct confrontation between both nations? How long did they control the base anyway?

faridmon

Hang on. is Murasaki Kuhōin classified as Tsundere Lolli? If that is the case, then She is the best character followed closely by Taiga.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom