• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Was it really? All I know is that the VN version of it put me to sleep with boring filler about the MC getting a job and such. It was so padded and overly long.

I thought the VN was pretty terrible honestly. But there are several episodes in AS that I really absolutely loved. I have no problem admitting that watching certain episodes in Clannad AS is the most I've ever cried while watching an anime series.

Was it really? All I know is that the VN version of it put me to sleep with boring filler about the MC getting a job and such. It was so padded and overly long.

I didn't think the After Story route was particularly padded, at least by VN standards. I liked that it handled the "What happens after high school" question that these sorts of VNs generally don't.

Of course the true ending is garbage, but that's another matter.

Cwarrior

Hunter x hunter 26-29

Gon doesn't give a damn he would beat on disabled people just to teach then not mess with him, shm that's not right gon.

the phantom troupe as so close there in the op and ed now.
kDqbw.jpg

the new ed Hunting for your dreams is awesome very art.

Everyone got there boyband album cover pose on.

survivor

Banned
One of these is not like the others.

Steins;Gate must have hit every right note of the MAL userbase for it to be that high.

You know you could watch at least Nichibros in 5-minute segments, since each skit is so clearly delineated. Speaking practically, I'm sure it was easier for it to get a half-hour slot for 12 weeks than it would have been for it to get a 3-5 minute slot for 72+ weeks.
If Nichibros got rid of half of its skits then it would have been one of the greatest comedy anime of all time

Is Clannad worth watching?

I couldn't say; although I enjoyed the VN, I haven't watched the anime. What I do know is that condensing the VN's multiple routes down to a linear narrative unfortunately meant removing the two best routes of the school life portion.

Tantami Galaxy 1

Ok, so this is where the people who failed SHAFT's drug test ended up.

Another reminder that Shaft invented style.

cajunator

Banned
Brave 10 3

You just met the guy. Her being called a slut in this episode isn't all that far off. There sure are a lot of characters in this anime, but the only names I remember is Saizo and Isanami. It's not like the dialogue focuses on anything else.
Saizo
Isanami
Oh and that pink haired guy was much cooler when I though he was a girl.

This show should be watched to take screencaps of Isanami becuase she is cute as fuck. But otherwise, its rather forgettable.

If Nichibros got rid of half of its skits then it would have been one of the greatest comedy anime of all time

That's the nature of sketch comedy: it's going to be hit-and-miss even beyond the already subjective nature of comedy. There's certainly some skits that I wouldn't have minded missing, but if the director had only picked, say, 20 of them to animate, there's no guarantee that they would be the 20 you or I most enjoyed.

What is objectively measurable are Nichibros' bargain-basement production values, and it couldn't be one of the greatest comedies of all time without fixing that.

cajunator

Banned
That's the nature of sketch comedy: it's going to be hit-and-miss even beyond the already subjective nature of comedy. There's certainly some skits that I wouldn't have minded missing, but if the director had only picked, say, 20 of them to animate, there's no guarantee that they would be the 20 you or I most enjoyed.

What is objectively measurable are Nichibros' bargain-basement production values, and it couldn't be one of the greatest comedies of all time without fixing that.

It seems to be set up similarly to Galaxy Angel in terms of structure.
I enjoy those comedy shows where they throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.

This show should be watched to take screencaps of Isanami becuase she is cute as fuck. But otherwise, its rather forgettable.

She actually got a chuckle out of me in this episode when she joins Saizo in his bed, but for the most part her clinginess is kind of irksome. She is cute though, I'll give you that.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just to ruin someone's day, someone on my twitter posted that "Eureka Seven" is an anagram for "Keanu Reeves"

Uchip

Banned
You know, in fate/zero,
Sola getting her hand chopped off was a punishment (unintended by Maiya/Kerry of course) for theft as well.

Which also reminds me
why the fuck is
Gilgamesh European?
At least they bother to explain why Rider is different

Which also reminds me
why the fuck is
Gilgamesh European?
At least they bother to explain why Rider is different

How is he European, because he has blonde hair? Though Nasu did mess up by making him from
Babylon and not Uruk, though that's probably just because he thought Gate of Babylon sounded cooler.

Uchip

Banned
How is he European, because he has blonde hair? Though Nasu did mess up by making him from
Babylon and not Uruk, though that's probably just because he thought Gate of Babylon sounded cooler.

basically im saying hes WHITE
thought to be fair its almost impossible to tell where any of them are from

survivor

Banned
Gokujo 1-12

This is an ugly, shameless, cheap comedy anime, but it got yuri and lots of dirty humour so at the end of the day I don't regret marathoning it.

Zetman 8
tumblr_m4g408knUd1rrcgm2o3_250.png

Standard post battle episode that was cool, when the epic music played at the end as
Invisble automaton walked to the mansion
I was in such anticipation. Next episode needs to hurry.

Is Tanaka the only popular anime character with braces? Hope she ends up with Jin.

Lain

Phi Brain S2 6-7

I shouldn't be surprised about some plot points being lame as fuck, but I guess the whole promise amounting to
Kaito forgetting to have puzzle time on a Sunday
, this being twisted into such a sad occurrence that
Freecell's mom died of sadness because her son couldn't play puzzle time with Kaito
and Kaito swallowing all this bullshit saying to himself
she died because of me QQ, and losing the game
takes the cake for the worst shit they could have pulled out.

NeonZ

Isn't Gintama pretty budget too, though?

Gintama is pretty standard for a long anime, and after the first season it does get pretty good animation for the moments that need it. In Nichijo (Sunrise), they seemed unable to even keep the characters on model, in spite of everyone's designs being pretty generic.

Kazzy

anime fans score everything high, it's either a 10 or an 8 lowest.

I think that's more of a general thing, I don't think people like admitting (most of all to themselves) that they've wasted their time.

Here are a few off the top of my head:

Bleach 5/10

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time 9/10

Eden of The East 7/10

cajunator

Banned
She actually got a chuckle out of me in this episode when she joins Saizo in his bed, but for the most part her clinginess is kind of irksome. She is cute though, I'll give you that.

Madpierrot watched the show but he took screencaps of Isanami just so i wouldnt have to suffer to see her.

Gintama is pretty standard for a long anime, and after the first season it does get pretty good animation for the moments that need it. In Nichijo (Sunrise), they seemed unable to even keep the characters on model, in spite of everyone's designs being pretty generic.

This, and Gintama's mash-up setting always keeps things at least a little visually interesting, whereas Nichibros' backgrounds are offensively bland.

Nichijou that low? I only watched a couple of episodes, but it looked promising. I also refuse to believe that anything with an OP as catchy as this can be all that bad.

Nichijou is a fairly controversial show around here; some of us love it (I would be in this category), while others hate it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fairy Tail 25:

ycKhLl.jpg

Logia powers? Oda shamelessly steals from Fairy Tail yet again.

Man, Elfman needs to be promoted to the main cast. I love this guy.

Juvia is also a lot more cute and eccentric than I remember from the manga. Her fight with Gray was actually also pretty tolerable, maybe even the best yet. Having opposing powers that play off of each other in interesting ways really makes up for the lame battle choreography.

Fairy Tail 26:

xqYR7l.jpg

IT'S ON MOTHERFUCKERS

Natsu appearing at the decisive moment actually kind of felt good this time because of what an unmitigated asshole Gajeel is.

Didn't make up for
Aria (yes, the Aria that nerfed Makarov in two seconds) getting nerfed in two seconds himself by a weaker character that was supposed to be out of the fight anyway
, though. FUCK YOU MASHIMA. Why be a shounen mangaka if you're constantly doing everything in your power to avoid fights that would require even slight amounts of creativity?

Also, I can finally begin fulfilling my promise to cajun:

cajun should just watch Fairy Tail, Juvia is much cuter in motion than in pictures.

Didn't make up for
Aria (yes, the Aria that nerfed Makarov in two seconds) getting nerfed in two seconds himself by a weaker character that was supposed to be out of the fight anyway
, though. FUCK YOU MASHIMA. Why be a shounen mangaka if you're constantly doing everything in your power to avoid fights that would require even slight amounts of creativity?

Yeah, that was bullshit. Mashima can't keep a consistent power scale down to save his life, which would normally make way for creative usages of powers, but not here.

Anyway, if you're kind of enjoying it now, I see no reason why you wouldn't begrudgingly end up liking the series in the end. Next arc should make or break it for you.

Edit: Also in regards to Gajeel, the anime actually made him a BIGGER asshole. He was never
kicking Lucy around while tied up
in the manga.

Cwarrior

I think that's more of a general thing, I don't think people like admitting (most of all to themselves) that they've wasted their time.

Bleach 5/10

Eden of The East 7/10

Here's some of mine of the top of my head

Pom poko 10/10
Hajime no ippo 10/10
Digimon movie 8/10
Angel egg 6/10
Summer wars 5/10
The Girl who leapt through Time 3.5/10(this has the worst last quarter/35mins I 've ever seen in a anime movie)
Tengen toppa gurren laggan 4/10
Evangelion 0/10

Fairy Tail 25:
Juvia is also a lot more cute and eccentric than I remember from the manga. Her fight with Gray was actually also pretty tolerable, maybe even the best yet. Having opposing powers that play off of each other in interesting ways really makes up for the lame battle choreography.

Fairy Tail 26:
Natsu appearing at the decisive moment actually kind of felt good this time because of what an unmitigated asshole Gajeel is.

Ive watched that Natsu Gajeel fight so many times. Its so good, also the Gray Juvia one as well. Mashima always delivers the best fights for these two.

Juvia is tied with Levy McGarden/Ultear for my favorite female mage in the series.

survivor

Banned

Bleach 5/10

Eden of The East 7/10

Ha, we have the same scores though my Bleach one is for the manga instead of the anime.

Ultimadrago

Nichijou that low? I only watched a couple of episodes, but it looked promising. I also refuse to believe that anything with an OP as catchy as this can be all that bad.

It pretty much goes as Hosanna says in here (and in the internet, general where I've read.)

Nichijou is a fairly controversial show around here; some of us love it (I would be in this category), while others hate it.

Well, sir. Some have good taste, such as yourself.

Nichijou is at least a 9 in my book! :D

Brethren! You know what it is in my book...?

We all know what it is in my book!

Naruto SD 8
tumblr_m4g2zv5h8z1qmygffo1_500.gif

First skit was kind of boring and dull. Second was a bit more enjoyable, again. Kabuto and Lord Orochimaru ought to be recurring characters as well as Naruto, however I hate the rules this anime uses for the Naruto universe, that it ruins it for me.
In what world would Naruto be swallowed into Manda?
. I had a good hearty laugh in their scenes in that skit.

And next week the best team that's not team 7
Kiba! and Hinata

Bleach 5/10

Kind of low for Bleach. I gave it an 8, which seems to be the average. It did a great job adapting the source so much that I prefer it much more than the manga, not to mention they gave it two great filler arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom