• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
savinganime4.jpg

i've heard some amazing things about the dub for this

Yeah Sukeban Deka is great fun. God i watched it decades ago.
I would love to revisit it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
MGX 07
Good episode, but the track climax was shockingly poor visually. This hasn't been a problem in the past for this show, or even earlier in the episode, so it was fairly jarring. They must have really had to rush the scene or something. Also: that PV sweater, so good.

Branduil

For those who might be interested in reading some more scholarly material, The University of British Coloumbia's Film Journal have just released for free their anime edition at http://cinephile.ca/archives/.

It's their most recent issue with articles on Satoshi Kon, Time of Eve, Moe, Ghost in the Shell 2 and other stuff. Be warned, they use words like oeuvre, nomenclature and magical realism.

It might be a load of old bull for all I know, as I haven't read it yet, but it's nice to see someone in the English speaking world doing this kind of thing.

Thanks for this. I read the article on Time of Eve, which was pretty interesting because I don't have the knowledge of music theory required to do that kind of analysis. I can tell when I like music, and when it seems to fit the tone and context of a scene, but I can't really say why, beyond an intuitive feeling, so while I thought music was used well in the movie, it's nice to read someone explain why.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I was delaying this, but I have a feeling that I'd drop the show if I left two episodes accumulate in my backlog.

Shining Hearts - Shiawase no Pan 6

Now we even have one of the three bakery slaves suggesting cannibalism.

Man, that Kaguya girl must be smelling really bad by now. And the dog girl in a maid costume surprised slave chick #2. I mean, she's wearing an apron and all that, but still, "I never would've guessed she worked in the kitchen".

So now we have:

1 - Brainless nun.
2 - Brainless maid.
3 - Brainless vanilla girl (with archery skills).
4 - Mysterious robot girl.
5 - Kawaii elf chick.
6 - Chinese cat girl.
7 - Tsundere loli wizard.
8 - Sleeping Beauty.
9 - Klutz maid dog girl (with throwing knife skills).
10 - Royal nurse.

They sure are piling up.

But all that battle stuff really came out of nowhere. It'd be fun if they suddenly decided to reveal that all the girls have incredible proficiency in the handling of different weapons, hahaha.

Uchip

Banned
they like warm damp places too
like your mouth while you sleep

a friend in australia woke up with a huntsman spider in their mouth
those ones are pretty big

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I was delaying this, but I have a feeling that I'd drop the show if I left two episodes accumulate in my backlog.

Shining Hearts - Shiawase no Pan 6

1 - Brainless nun.
2 - Brainless maid.
3 - Brainless vanilla girl (with archery skills).
Where are all these brains going? Is it possible the bread has a secret ingredient?

Branduil

This is a pretty extreme viewpoint. Some stories simply work better told over a longer amount of time, and can't be told in a short form. If we didn't have any series which ran over a hundred episodes, there would be a wealth of stories that simply couldn't be told in the scope they need.

Some stories are more suited to being a five page short story, and some are better suited to be a 300 episode TV show. There's no need to try and fit a round peg into a square hole.

I can't think of many stories at all which need 300 episodes to be told, let alone a wealth.

sonicmj1

LOL
maybe i missed it but do they ever explain how or why the random historical figures became spirit heroes?

Extra is a spinoff that has nothing to do with the universe everything else takes place in. So its magical computer in the moon that has recorded every moment of human history and created Servants based on those records isn't canon outside of the game.

Uchip

Banned
Extra is a spinoff that has nothing to do with the universe everything else takes place in. So its magical computer in the moon that has recorded every moment of human history and created Servants based on those records isn't canon outside of the game.

I meant fate zero D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom