• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I think Shoujo-tachi yo is probably the song that the current AKB0048 team is performing, and it inspires the girls when they're young, to make them want to join AKB0084. The OP/ED probably represents the actual 9 leads, so they'll be singing those themselves. I can see the current unit performing existing songs in the series, while the protagonists sing original insert songs later on.
Haha, I wasn't really paying strict attention to what was going on in the story PVs, so I'll take your word for it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
HeartCatch PreCure! 17

erikagenki.gif

Erika's easily the genkiest genki-girl who ever genkied. I'm feelin' pretty sorry for Yuri. :(

Looks infinitely better than the monstrosity that was the CG hands in Nodame Cantabile. watanabe's saving cg anime

Now you can understand why everyone thinks Erika is the bestest precure.

even if other precures do end up having better transformations.

How are you enjoying HeartCatch so far?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Saint Seiya Omega 04
He really is male!Erika! ...i feel conflicted.

The show's Toeiness shows up during the non-action parts, but damn if it doesn't redeem itself in the duels. Difficult to not get pumped up when Pegasus Fantasy starts playing.

edit: Erika and male!Erika in two consecutive posts?!!?! It's a Small World.

Ultimadrago

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage 4 (Ep.16)

wzIal.jpg

It's hot.

Summer episode! Yet, no Revy and Eda in bikinis on the beach. Unfortunate.
Anyways, female contracted counterfeiter runs away to church where Eda and Revy are, her gangster pursuers chase after her and make the mistake of shooting at the church.

I like how more than one guy warns the shooter that he shouldn't shoot like crazy in the city, even a church can be deadly. They are correct in these regards.

srMcS.jpg

Nice gun, granny!

A mistaken top-down shot happens soon after this where the granny's piece is colored the ordinary grey. Booo. But we know it is gold in canon.

Anyhow, girl saved, but forced to explain herself. She is boring in her nerdtalk so Revy and Eda get impatient. I love it when they work together, even in toe tapping. Things happen, she gets a bounty on her head yadda yadda.

Anyhow, seems like Eda and Revy are going to be hand-in-hand with this arc. This gon' be good.

bYPqM.jpg

In other news, American cowboys get no respect :(

Ryuukan

Kids on the Slope 03:

These bros, these girls, this show has gotten hold of me completely. Such a
cliffhanger for Kaoru-kun!!! I need to see more now.

It was kinda strange though,
Kaoru's reaction to seeing Sentaro and Yurika was so mild.

Kagami

More friends and pirates came to visit!

bkDIQ.jpg

The Pirates vol. 2 package is thicker than vol. 1...
g9wrh.jpg

...due to some kind of paper-craft SD figure things called Grafigs.

Also grabbed the opening theme to Queen's Blade Rebellion, sung by Tamura Naomi, an awesome singer who I've liked ever since she sang the first and third Magic Knight Rayearth openings in the early 90s. This is her 25th anniversary single and the first anime song she's done in a number of years, so I've been pretty hyped for it.
lsOQJ.jpg

Articalys

Sakamichi no Apollon 3

Incredible episode, start to finish.
The solo piano performance and confession at the end were done perfectly.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Endless 8 - END

This was not so terrible, but in terms of relating to the light novel content, the eight anime episodes could have covered the original story in no more than four episodes at the extreme maximum.
I would have preferred this being two episodes, with the first episode ending when Mikuru realizes she cannot receive *classified information* and the second episode concluding the 15,498th timeloop as per the light novel.
By the end of the third episode, I pretty much knew the content of the remaining five episodes except for minor changes in the scenery and dialogue.

In my personal opinion
light novel > anime

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Endless 8 - END

This was not so terrible, but in terms of relating to the light novel content, the eight anime episodes could have covered the original story in no more than four episodes at the extreme maximum.
I would have preferred this being two episodes, with the first episode ending when Mikuru realizes she cannot receive *classified information* and the second episode concluding the 15,498th timeloop as per the light novel.
By the end of the third episode, I pretty much knew the content of the remaining five episodes except for minor changes in the scenery and dialogue.

In my personal opinion
light novel > anime

But that's the whole point. They're trolling you. You're supposed to feel trolled.

Have they just taken a regular setting and replaced all the characters with animals? I can't tell if that's lazy or genius.

No, the premise is that animals live and work alongside humans in everyday society while retaining their animal traits. For example, a panda applies for and is hired for a daytime job at the local zoo, where he "performs" in the panda exhibit for visiting schoolchildren. He has a human boss, goes out for drinks with his animal coworkers after the work day, and the like.

But that's the whole point. They're trolling you. You're supposed to feel trolled.

The trolling sure worked then. I will still show my support for the series purchasing the remaining light novels, but I doubt I will ever own this anime series. Except for the Disappearance movie, that was gorgeous!

Brazil

Sakamichi no Apollon 3

This series is such a pleasure to watch. It never drags. And damn the haters, the OP's a great song.

It's finally time for Kaoru
to patronize Sentarou.
That was fun. I wasn't expecting him to
confess already.

And wow. Those wheels are completely wrong. Someone able to do it needs to turn that part into a proper gif, hahaha. Terrible.

3qYKv.gif

faridmon

8 Episodes in, and Ano Natsu might be the most disappointing Anime in the last few seasons, and this is coming from a person who liked AnoHana...

Bring back Okada you Knobs

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lookie what just popped up
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...ode=CGD2-29440
2,100 JPY late Jun-2012

3WSTJ.jpg
Oh fuck. Guess I'm stuck now. lol

Oh wow, there's a different plush for his other expressions. :p

---

8 Episodes in, and Ano Natsu might be the most disappointing Anime in the last few seasons, and this is coming from a person who liked AnoHana...

Bring back Okada you Knobs
What the fuck? :p

----

(Good) Zombies 4
tA6mDl.png

It seems like every show has its own rules for copyright infringement or references or whatever. I honestly don't know if the reference censorship is actual censorship or just for comedic effect (ala Gintama).

Also, yet another tsundere cafe. This is slowly becoming a thing now. :p

Brazil

Medaka Box 4

How many pseudo-philosophic lines that don't mean squat can Medaka spew in a single episode?

Ugh.

I wonder if this so hyped genre shift will make this show more interesting.

Go_Ly_Dow

Kids on the Slope 3

Fucking aaaacceeee!!

So good.

I was under the impression Ri-chan was unimpressed by Karou's solo performance at first since she didn't really show any expression, but the close in shot towards the end revealed her amazement!

Also, was anyone else hoping that
Karou would come forward and comfort her when she was crying? Was so annoyed when he just stood there and watched!

Totally wasn't expecting such quick developments.

Bring on next week!

survivor

Banned
Bitter failure waifu rage, should've picked a winner like the rest of us.

I don't know about faridmon, but yeah I'm definitely bitter cause my waifu didn't win.

All that is left is for someone to post the Gintama gif again and I will go into sad mode the entire day :(

faridmon

I really don't get this assumption of '' I hate the series because I was supporting Kanna'' argument. She was a dumb character as well.
if she didn't had that stupid angst and get over the fact that she wasn't liked, maybe, she would have enjoyed the summer more. Also, just tell Kaito that you like him and be done with. The stupid Nudist did that, and see how, stupidly, happier she got.

People, stop assuming as you are just making ass of you and me!

I don't know about faridmon, but yeah I'm definitely bitter cause my waifu didn't win.
And that is another place where this Anime falters. They made you invest emotionally in a character that was supposed to be in a limbo and never gave you any chance of redemption. That is KEY-isque if nothing else. forceful emotive presentation should just die in Animes...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Harem Anime in horrible Sci-fi Gimmick with lot of terrible one dimensional characters trying to create a complex love triangular situations, is just not my thing.
This show is bluntly obvious about what it's going to be up front. I have no idea how anyone could be disappointed in it unless they had wild expectations going in. Ano Natsu is a perfectly passable show in most respects that works as a decent romantic comedy.

Reknoc

Fujiko 3 (I'm a little behind)

The shadows weren't as obviously broken as they were in the first two episodes, by which I mean they don't end in a neat line. Also the music during the speeding train scene was pretty sweet.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This show is bluntly obvious about what it's going to be up front. I have no idea how anyone could be disappointed in it unless they had wild expectations going in. Ano Natsu is a perfectly passable show in most respects that works as a decent romantic comedy.

Maybe this was my problem. I don't really watch romance anime, decided to watch AnoNatsu anyway, and it really just ended up reconfirming that this particular genre doesn't interest me.
Kaito and Ichika were still terrible characters

Cwarrior

wow...the things that pass for comedy these days.

ano natsu is just another cash-in hit waifu generator and sit back to watch the body pillow money pile up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom