• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medaka Box 4

Yep, Akune is still a tool.

And with that, the suggestion box arc is over and we're moving onto the swim competition. After that, genre shift!

duckroll

AKB0048 is one of the rare amazing cases where the show actually looks really close to the artwork:

R0g71.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
AKB0048 is one of the rare amazing cases where the show actually looks really close to the artwork:
Also one of those rare cases where looking like the artwork is not a desirable thing.

Truly a unique and noteworthy anime.

Pachael

I'm hoping that there will be some silly plot about how the 'OO' is really 'Infinity' and the girls are locked into battle with their destinies over the generations or something like that.

I'm kind of mixed about it. It feels rushed but the plot is still followable. and same, I wish we'd see more before the national tournament; it feels more natural to watch the characters endure through grueling mahjong matches instead of just a tick list of which schools they practiced against. I guess they have a good reason, as you said, and want to skip ahead to the more interesting national tournament, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
I know, it does really hurt the impact of "wow, they're at the national tournament!" when they make it seem so easy. For Kiyosumi winning the regional tournament was a serious, big challenge, but here it took like four minutes. Not enough... I know the reason, and it does work, I just wish it hadn't had to be this way.

I don't remember some of the older characters so I feel like rewatching it but no time -_-'
I remember most of them, but I have been following all three (sort of four, there are two different versions of the 4koma series Biyori) mangas.

Yeah, their personalities aren't as colourful and charismatic as the original Saki cast. I said this because for the previous episodes they just seemed so bland but in ep 3, they started to capture some of the original cast's magic. I'd attribute some of their blandness due to the time skips, which don't let us really connect to and watch the characters grow.
Yeah, that's really the thing -- these characters are decently good, but they aren't quite as strong personalities as the Saki cast is. Part of the issue is that fewer of them have awesome superpowers, and that the series is so fast paced that it has much less time for characterization, but they just aren't quite as interesting. They are good characters, and Shizuno's probably the best of the five, but Kiyosumi's group is hard to match, and Achiga doesn't quite do it. Still, it is a good group, and fun to watch... hopefully they get more characterization now that the pace is about to slow down.

She looks pretty different...the right certainly has a more substantial presence than the one on the left...
Right v. left? Apart from the hair she doesn't look too different in right v. left, it's top v. bottom that's the big change (obviously). If they ever make a second season of the main Saki manga and she shows up in it, I wonder which design they'll go with...

Medaka Box 4
tumblr_m331cy5AOb1qfawk3o2_500.jpg

Probably one of the few anime where the namesake of the show is boring and dull yet with other mains that are interesting and hilarious. The first half was tense and powerful
I thought Zenkichi was going to lose and Akune would join through some other plot method so that was a pleasant surprise
. The second half worked well to get
Akune into the student council. Im glad his relationship with Zenkichi isnt a traditionally rivalrly, but actually working well to complement each other. His faces and the uniform.

OP has grown on me, seems anything from Elements Garden is catchy in my experience from last season and this. The intermission image was great.

cajunator

Banned
Medaka Box 4
tumblr_m331cy5AOb1qfawk3o2_500.jpg

Probably one of the few anime where the namesake of the show is boring and dull yet with other mains that are interesting and hilarious. The first half was tense and powerful
I thought Zenkichi was going to lose and Akune would join through some other plot method so that was a pleasant surprise
. The second half worked well to get
Akune into the student council. Im glad his relationship with Zenkichi isnt a traditionally rivalrly, but actually working well to complement each other. His faces and the uniform.

OP has grown on me, seems anything from Elements Garden is catchy in my experience from last season and this. The intermission image was great.

The question is, how much is Hansode in it?

Sket Dance 55
tumblr_m335elLt5R1r6yxrwo1_500.gif

Hilarious episode even though the ending to the second skit was predictable, well the final event in it. Every background song in Sket Dance works well to complement the moments, I dont think I dislike a single track. Laughed all the way through the episode.
How does he make those origami animals, that was impressive, especially the dragon

Naruto Shippuden 260

The last week of the fillers, even though it was four weeks of part one scenes on Sasuke and Naruto, which is good, Im ready for the war, introduced in the last canon episode, to finally start.

/XX/

But guys, Google's motto is "don't be evil," they would never censor the web.
Websites appeases Google demands, and Google caters new announcers appeasing their demands of not wanting to be associated with questionable content. Everyone is making what it can to survive on this unstable model. I think this is good (maybe a wake-up call?), because it is an opportunity for those websites with loyal fan-bases to start trying to feed them the necessity of a diversification on their revenue streams, before "...the Internet comes tumbling down transformed into a ball of fire". Call it an excuse if you want.

It's going to be curious to see how the new Hosoda movie does.
In the dubious case Japan fails to support it, France will take care of the rest; only a month they'll have to wait to see Les Enfants Loups: Ame & Yuki:

Date de sortie et affiche des "Enfants Loups" de Mamoru Hosoda! [PHOTOS] - News - AlloCiné
http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18612838.html

BluWacky

In the dubious case Japan fails to support it, France will take care of the rest; only a month they'll have to wait to see Les Enfants Loups: Ame & Yuki:

Interesting. I haven't really followed the film beyond its basic premise - is it supposed to be set in Japan? Is that why they're still called Ame and Yuki and not "Pluie" and "Neige" in French?

Kagami

Upotte!! 1
This was pretty amusing.
Was grinning through a lot of it.
Don't recognize the girls' VAs; mostly new-ish people I guess. Wikipedia tells me M16 voiced Yukki in Mirai Nikki.
An Osaka-accent speaking blond blue-eyed American makes me think of that one girl in Doukoku, Soshite for Sega Saturn.

tumblr_m32bhy4rDT1qzqnxxo1_r1_500.gif

Lupin III: A woman named Fujiko Mine - Living in Song, Living in Love.

Hmm. This episode was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I was going to. The animation was nice and the story was pretty cool, but there were too many little niggles that were stopping me from liking it as much as I wanted.

Zenigata did something very out of character that has irked me a lot. I'm sure any other fan of either the Green, Red or Pink jacket series could pinpoint this action as well.

The scene at the beginning with him and Fujiko seemed a little out of place, but I can let that slide. Zenigata has shown affection for other women in previous Lupin material, but it's very clear that this is a different inspector from the "I wonder what mother would say" Zenigata from Red Jacket. However, shooting Lupin in the back and saying he wants to exterminate the Lupin name is just too much out of character. Granted, he's pretty baddass, but he's lost a lot of the traits I love about him. He would go out of his way to stop people shooting at Lupin; he merely wants the thief behind bars, not a murder. Shooting him in the back and yelling "I got him!" when all of the "blood" gushed out is a BIG no-no from me. Prequel or not, this is not the Zenigata character I enjoy. It annoys me, since they kept all of the other fours characters pretty close. They could have still made Zenigata baddass without him shooting Lupin. I was also very disappointed when he pulled out the handcuffs and didn't toss them, a common trait of Zenigata in the older series.

Aside from that, everything else was pretty okay. I'm starting to like Oscar more, whether
it be male or female.
The scene in the
catacombs with him/her and Fujiko was pretty funny. I like that he/she can see Fujiko for how she really is and scowls at the thought of it.

My favourite moments were
Lupin making the horse noises as he ran off stage and the whole "Zenigata, where art thou Zenigata!" scene.
Very much enjoyed the animation in this episode, hoping it gets even better with the fifth!

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 4
FMP references and tsundere maids ahoy. But this episode was actually pretty entertaining. 4/10 episodes and no plot yet, DEEN has certainly embraced the filler for this show, but it's for the best in this case.

/XX/

Interesting. I haven't really followed the film beyond its basic premise - is it supposed to be set in Japan? Is that why they're still called Ame and Yuki and not "Pluie" and "Neige" in French?
I don't remember if it was explicitly mentioned, but the locales seen in the trailers and such seem to suggest that the movie is indeed set, at least partly, on modern-day Japan. I don't expect that kind of localization from the French distributor in question, and I don't think the conscious French market/audience the movie is aimed to wants any.

Steroyd

Kore Wa Desu Ka - 04

Tsundere maid battle!!

I'm crossing my fingers that it stays like this for another 8 episodes which is only for the better, if the second half of the first season is anything to go by.

Ahoge Box - 04

Not enough Shiranui, and her Ahoge was dissapointing this episode. :(

cajunator

Banned
Kore Wa Desu Ka - 04

Tsundere maid battle!!

I'm crossing my fingers that it stays like this for another 8 episodes which is only for the better, if the second half of the first season is anything to go by.

Ahoge Box - 04

Not enough Shiranui, and her Ahoge was dissapointing this episode. :(

Shameful.

She needs her own spinoff show where she can troll and bounce to hear hearts content.

duckroll

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/akb0048-spawned-a-new-akb48-sub-unit-titled-no-name::10890.html

AKB0048 anime will begin airing its 1st episode very soon on the 29th April. Who will be providing the opening and ending theme song? It's none other than the AKB0048 voice actresses from AKB48 themselves!

They have come together to form a new 9-member AKB48 sub-unit 「NO NAME」. They will be providing the opening and ending theme to the anime titled "Kibou ni Tsuite" and "Yume wa Nando mo Umarekawaru" respectively. Any CD release of the songs are still not known at the moment.

This will be the 1st AKB48 sub unit in over 1 year! The previous newest sub-unit was Not yet (led by Yuko Oshima), which debut on March 16 last year.

duckroll

I guess Shoujo-tachi Yo will be an insert song in the first episode or something, then.

I think Shoujo-tachi yo is probably the song that the current AKB0048 team is performing, and it inspires the girls when they're young, to make them want to join AKB0084. The OP/ED probably represents the actual 9 leads, so they'll be singing those themselves. I can see the current unit performing existing songs in the series, while the protagonists sing original insert songs later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom