• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just saved twentish minutes by looking at that gif?

Yes. eps 3 summary:

ibfOkb0ptAtoOL.gif

Anime

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not yet. There's this one scene where you just spins forward in a hallway that you must see before you can fully skip this episode.

You lot already talked me into watching My Little Ancient Evil Can't be this Lovecraftian. I've got enough on my plate as is.

Ultimadrago

I await the possibility of a Shiranui compilation video that some kind, generous, caring AnimeGaffer will make after Medaka Box is over...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tsuritama 03
tXP5T.jpg

I really want to like this show, but it doesn't gel with me stylistically at all. The art bugs me. The design of characters and the way they act bugs me. The strange tone bugs me. Most of all the bluntness of characters bugs me. You can just see everything about them so plainly that things are just super boring. Multiple characters regularly have internal thoughts that fit into dialogue, which annoys me even more from an inconsistent perspective angle.

There is rarely any scene that doesn't slap you across the face with the emotional response you're supposed to be having, and I just find its lack of subtlety tiring and unevocative.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mirai Nikki 19

Oh shit, Yuki! Is that really you?
Your acting is a window to a world in which you're a good protagonist.

They're really bent on luring in Death Note fans, huh.

Poor Eighth.

*Points weapon* "We win" "No you don't" "Uh... Ok."
SHOOT JESUS CHRIST WTF

Wait... Wut.

Medaka box too kuso.

Also nisemono x Pangya collab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knv4SPRWW-g

Wow, Pangya's still around? Great game.

Branduil

What does it mean when I can agree with a number of the gripes people seem to have with Penguindrum yet I still consider it one of the best animes from the last few years?

Same goes for Meguca.

It means you're underrating Usagi Drop, Time of Eve, and The Tatami Galaxy.

Branduil

Lupin the Third - Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 4

Damn, girl.

But what a weird episode.
How was burning her own face a "good idea"? Why did she need to burn her own face? Couldn't she just disappear without hurting herself?

Oh.
To be continued.
Ok.

All the screencaps people are posting from this episode are confusing me. Is the show just a black splotch the entire time?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All the screencaps people are posting from this episode are confusing me. Is the show just a black splotch the entire time?
It's a very dark episode because of how much the shading is used, but this is more of a case of Fujiko's feminine wiles tricking viewers into taking screen caps that need context.

tsuritama 3
tumblr_m33rnb7kgk1qcsnnso1_500.gif

That episode was actually impressive. Emotional intense and then all heartwarming there.
Natsuki, Haru, and Yuki all working together, and then even Natsuki trying to cheer or get Yuki back up after the hospitalization was nice and then still watching him practice. Never a dull moment

zeroshiki

cross post

Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 3

I don't know, It could be because I watch a lot of dorama but the main conflict in this episode just didn't click with me. I got the whole youth in love thing but the pacing was just too breakneck so much so that I had a hard time buying into how much their relationships have developed that they'd feel love.

This does have one of my most favorite confession scenes ever though. I'll give it massive props for that. I think what would have been better was if:

Kaoru says nothing and Ricchan figures it out just from the song and the performance

Kusagari

It will pick up in the later arcs ... Everything is better in madoka starting the end of the "enforcer" arc ..Now the show is forced to introduce the characters and we are in a boring , prologue state ...

As bad the slice of life crap is, there are in fact a lot of callbacks to it when the show gets good. It's not something they can really rush through.

As bad the slice of life crap is, there are in fact a lot of callbacks to it when the show gets good. It's not something they can really rush through.

I wouldn't really call 6 or 7 episodes "rushing through", but then I remember the people around here are used to 11 episode shows, so yeah...

Branduil

cross post

Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 3

I don't know, It could be because I watch a lot of dorama but the main conflict in this episode just didn't click with me. I got the whole youth in love thing but the pacing was just too breakneck so much so that I had a hard time buying into how much their relationships have developed that they'd feel love.

This does have one of my most favorite confession scenes ever though. I'll give it massive props for that. I think what would have been better was if:

Kaoru says nothing and Ricchan figures it out just from the song and the performance

But that's the point.
Ritsuko can't figure it out because of her inferiority complex. I liked her line "this is your dress rehearsal," because it reveals her feelings about herself, in relation to others and especially Sentarou. She feels used and unappreciated.

Brazil

Mirai Nikki 20

Did all the remaining players
just part ways safely after being together like that?

I have a feeling I'll need to shut my brain off to enjoy these last episodes.

Yup.

Oh God, hahahaha.

The guy created the future diaries. Such a freaking fair game.

wonzo

Banned
Mirai Nikki 20

Did all the remaining players
just part ways safely after being together like that?

I have a feeling I'll need to shut my brain off to enjoy these last episodes.

Yup.

Oh God, hahahaha.

The guy created the future diaries. Such a freaking fair game.
that would be understating it

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka Seven AO 3

So looks like they modified the OP. I wonder if that's a one time deal or ongoing, ala Bakemono.

That third episode rule. Damn that quality dropped and it dropped hard. So many off-character faces. They did atleast bother to explain some stuff. Seemed they toned back on the CG trapar effect. Ao is actually a very good character. Also lots of exposition lines. The whole episode felt off.

Bones is not above using CG cars too.

The ground has never looked so bland.

--

Next episode is going to be nuts though. I'm guessing he's going to be leaving the island next episode too.

Ryuukan

K-On S1 FIN:

This show had only one near conflict the entire time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It was nonstop fuwafuwa time.

Back when I had a herniated disc in my back, my orthopedist gave me enough Vicodin to put me in a stupor for weeks. I could have popped that stuff round the clock, but I knew the consequences of doing so. Since I am a very responsible human being, I was able to manage my use to minimal doses when needed. This show is an anime narcotic. There will be times when you really need a show like this, but definitely not all time. Otherwise, you'll end up tripping balls while comparing loli ahoge.

I enjoyed this and will watch S2 next. I would like to thank moéking zeroshiki for the suggestion to watch and 'pain is power' hitokage for the confidence to watch a voyeuristic view of high school girls socializing.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Eureka Seven AO 3

That third episode rule. Damn that quality dropped and it dropped hard. So many off-character faces. They did atleast bother to explain some stuff. Seemed they toned back on the CG trapar effect. Ao is actually a very good character. Also lots of exposition lines.

Next episode is going to be nuts though. I'm guessing he's going to be leaving the island next episode too.

But that's not what the 3rd episode rule is!

K-On S1 FIN:

This show had only one near conflict the entire time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It was nonstop fuwafuwa time.

Back when I had a herniated disc in my back, my orthopedist gave me enough Vicodin to put me in a stupor for weeks. I could have popped that stuff round the clock, but I knew the consequences of doing so. Since I am a very responsible human being, I was able to manage my use to minimal doses when needed. This show is an anime narcotic. There will be times when you really need a show like this, but definitely not all time. Otherwise, you'll end up tripping balls while comparing loli ahoge.

I enjoyed this and will watch S2 next. I would like to thank moéking zeroshiki for the suggestion to watch and 'pain is power' hitokage for the confidence to watch a voyeuristic view of high school girls socializing.

Congratulations!

The second season is better than the first, you're in for a treat!

jman2050

Friends don't let friends watch K-On

Natsuiro Kiseki 1 - So apparently almost no one here likes this show. That's not necesisarily bad, but it's not the best sign either. Also, I had no clue what kind of show it was, apart from that it was about four girls. I thought there was more to it than that, but had no idea what.

Well, so I finally decided to give it a try... and it's good! Yeah, I liked episode one quite a bit. I'll be watching more of this show for certain. I can't say it's one of the best shows this season -- it isn't, not with how strong the competition is -- but it is pretty good.

So, what IS Natsuiro Kiseki, exactly? Well, it's about two things, really. First, it's about the relationships between a group of four 8th grade girls who have been friends for years, but now are drifting apart. Two of them in particular have a big fight in this episode when one of them, Saki, drops tennis club, even though the other had thought that they'd joined to go to nationals together. She does have a reason, though, but she hadn't wanted to tell her friends until the last minute just about...
She's moving, a good distance away, soon. She obviously doesn't want to go, but doesn't have a choice, and has reacted by trying to put off thinking of it until the end, essentially... which angers her friend, for understandable reasons.
It's a believable, and well-done, comedy/friendship drama episode, and I'd keep watching the show if that was all the show is.

However, Natsuiro has another surprise in store -- it's not just comedy/relationship drama. It's also something else.
Specifically, it's also about magic. You see, these four girls have, several different times, made wishes around a large rock in town that's at a shrine or something like that. There's a rumor that if four people all make the same wish while touching the stone, it'll come true. They, and Saki in particular, think that it's just superstition, of course, but try again anyway, at the prodding of the other two.

And... they float up into the sky, at their unconscious wish after looking at the clouds! Woah, the magic is real! Episode over.

:lol I had some suspicions that something might happen --
that sound that the rock made, in the backstory parts about when they'd made their wish to win the singing talent show four years earlier, for instance, was suspicious
-- but still, it was a nice surprise. Based on the first episode, Natsuiro Kiseki is a pretty good show. It's well produced, with nice visuals, a good story, and solid writing, the two main characters are both well thought through, and it's just all-around good. Why exactly do most of the few people here who watched it dislike it, again? Are there reasons? I quite disagree!

Polar Bear Cafe 4

still the secret best show of the season

I don't know about best, but cutest... yes. No contest at all. Polar Bear Cafe is insanely adorable stuff.

I wonder why YuruYuri makes such a big deal about rum raisin ice cream. I'm sitting here eating some and quite frankly vanilla is still better. Of course since they are yuris they are not really into vanilla.

Because it makes for funnier-sounding Engrish than the word "vanilla"? I don't know either, I'd rather have vanilla ice cream too.

If it makes anyone feel better, I wanted to clear out these shows so that I could make some legitimate room to watch Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, The Tatami Galaxy, Bamboo Blade and Haibane Renmai.

Some people obviously disagree, but I at least would rather watch any of those than the two shows you dropped.

So why shouldn't I watch Ergo Proxy?
You should watch it. You're not guaranteed to like it, but you should watch it (and I liked it, at least).

I was responding to the idea of Ergo Proxy being a top quality show worth pushing others aside. By all accounts, it isn't.
I don't know if it's so good that it's worth pushing other shows aside or not, but it is a good show.

I liked the initial premise then it just crashes and burns. The wasteland episodes outside of the city should have made me drop the series.
I thought it stayed solid throughout, apart from a few occasional not-as-good episodes.

Brazil

Mirai Nikki 21

Minene. Best character. What a boss.

Eleventh dying like a little shit. Feels good.

And Yuno is clearly the biggest crime mastermind in history. I'm looking forward to the reveal of her intentions.

Natsuiro Kiseki 1

:lol I had some suspicions that something might happen --
that sound that the rock made, in the backstory parts about when they'd made their wish to win the singing talent show four years earlier, for instance, was suspicious
-- but still, it was a nice surprise. Based on the first episode, Natsuiro Kiseki is a pretty good show. It's well produced, with nice visuals, a good story, and solid writing, the two main characters are both well thought through, and it's just all-around good. Why exactly do most of the few people here who watched it dislike it, again? Are there reasons? I quite disagree!

Watch episodes 2 and 3 and then come back.

Risette

A Good Citizen
What more needs to be discussed? You think I'm wrong and I think you're wrong. Pretentious is a subjective term and I don't agree with your stances on other things so why should I care about your stance on this?
Well you're hurting my feelings.

NewFresh

What more needs to be discussed? You think I'm wrong and I think you're wrong. Pretentious is a subjective term and I don't agree with your stances on other things so why should I care about your stance on this?

Well, caring, agreeing, and respecting are all different things. It would be rude to not respect his opinions, but you can disagree with them all you like.

Fairy Tail 13:

The highlight of the episode was Lucy's shirt suddenly disappearing.

Fairy Tail 14:

Shame they don't have the budget for boob bounce.

AO 3

finally normal anime budget! Still have no fucking clue what this has to do with the first season besides familiar terms and names.

Like the new mechas this season.

Jarmel

Banned
Well, caring, agreeing, and respecting are all different things. It would be rude to not respect his opinions, but you can disagree with them all you like.

The man already flat out told me I was wrong with my opinion. Why should I be reserved in my response back to him?

zeroshiki

K-On S1 FIN:

When did I become moeking -_-

S2 is quite a bit better than S1 although S2 does have actual conflicts (nominatively)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom