• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

The Accelent Adventures

For a kid who looks like two globes glued together he sure is a hit with the ladies.
This will be explained, whether it will be to your satisfaction will probably be a different story.

You should watch it. You're not guaranteed to like it, but you should watch it (and I liked it, at least).
It's still on the watch list except now Mawaru Penguindrum is going to retake its spot in my "time slots." Even the talk of Ergo Proxy being "good at first then being not good," is enough to entice me to watch it eventually.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It's still on the watch list except now Mawaru Penguindrum is going to retake its spot in my "time slots." Even the talk of Ergo Proxy being "good at first then being not good," is enough to entice me to watch it eventually.
Ergo Proxy is not good at first though.

I watched all of OP in 1 month.

I'm at least shounen jester.

I think the most I did was all of Naruto (part 1) in a week or two then restarted it from the start of the chuunin exams right after that. The shounen animes really time themselves well to where I would keep planning to stop at a certain episode then its so suspenseful I have to keep going, leading to nights where Id get just two hours of sleep, if any. Can easily knock out that same amount of Bleach in a week. That was when the only anime I had was Naruto and Last Airbender and Bleach.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think the most I did was all of Naruto (part 1) in a week or two then restarted it from the start of the chuunin exams right after that. The shounen animes really time themselves well to where I would keep planning to stop at a certain episode then its so suspenseful I have to keep going, leading to nights where Id get just two hours of sleep, if any. Can easily knock out that same amount of Bleach in a week. That was when the only anime I had was Naruto and Last Airbender and Bleach.

Isn't the suspense kind of gone during a rewatch?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I'm speechless. You truly are shounenking.

All as in all that was out at the time that you marathoned? How many episodes exactly?

My record is 400 episodes in 6 weeks.

30 days. 1- 540.

Haven't touched movies or OVAs yet.

I don't marathon anime much. Manga is hella easy to get hooked. Pretty sure I read like 300 naruto chapters in a day or 2 in the summer before.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Agreed.

Whats your greatest shounen achievement, cosmic?

Poor cosmic, his position as GAF king of shounen questioned two nights in a row. He's going to have a breakdown.

30 days. 1- 540.

Haven't touched movies or OVAs yet.

I don't marathon anime much. Manga is hella easy to get hooked. Pretty sure I read like 300 naruto chapters in a day or 2 in the summer before.

Yup, you win. Especially if you didn't skip Rainbow Mist, Davy Back Fight, Little East Blue, or anything like that.

Brazil

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427475

This fine thread, to inform others the joys of shounen!

8wdZa.jpg

Wow, shit.

What happened here? Hahaha. I remember buying the first 2 or 3 Negima volumes back then and it was pure harem.

Brazil

Wow. That's 18 episodes a day. I can't believe you still have enough sanity to work a computer.

I mean, I love One Piece a crazy amount, but I don't think I could handle that over such a sustained amount of time.

I've done 18 episodes a day (maybe more) when life was good, but definitely not 30 times in a row.

How much fastforwarding?

just the OP and the 'previously on' stuff. It's not like I'm paying attention 100%. 70% one piece. 30% internet/school work ;)

multi tasking multi monitors.

I probably could have watched the first eps on left monitor and last eps on right monitor, and worked toward middle and be twice as productive though.

just the OP and the 'previously on' stuff. It's not like I'm paying attention 100%. 70% one piece. 30% internet/school work ;)

I probably could have watched the first eps on left monitor and last eps on right monitor, and worked toward middle and be twice as productive though.

That's pretty much cheating.

Why did I never thought of that?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Don't we all watch shows at 2x speed to maximize the amount of shows we can fit into a day?

I've actually done that with a few series that I've been tempted to drop a few episodes from the end.

Bububu....One Piece's OPs are all great :( Even when I was downing 20 episodes a day, I could never skip the OPs.

Wow, shit.

What happened here? Hahaha. I remember buying the first 2 or 3 Negima volumes back then and it was pure harem.

It kinda got better. The harem aspect was tame, and it easily has some of the most amazing shounen fights in manga form.

I've actually done that with a few series that I've been tempted to drop a few episodes from the end.

Bububu....One Piece's OPs are all great :( Even when I was downing 20 episodes a day, I could never skip the OPs.

the only OP intro that I liked was kaze wo sagashite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4nPbWnIDgY

2min OP's. Crazyness ;P Battle armor llama.

I could never skip openings for anything, never mind One Piece. The only time I broke this rule is when I was watching through the Arabasta arc with a friend. I skipped past Hikari E each episode, because fuck Toei's ridiculous spoiler in that one.

Brazil

I never skip OPs. EDs, on occasion, though.

I could never skip openings for anything, never mind One Piece. The only time I broke this rule is when I was watching through the Arabasta arc with a friend. I skipped past Hikari E each episode, because fuck Toei's ridiculous spoiler in that one.

I long for the time when I didn't understand Japanese at all and I could just look away from the screen when a Toei show's episode title was shown.

Agreed.

Whats your greatest shounen achievement, cosmic?

Probably the 300 OP episodes in 2 weeks thing if we're talking pure marathoning power. I also like Ultimadrago's answer.

In terms of pure volume, I guess I can say having read/watched nearly 200 battle shounen series counts.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
the only OP intro that I liked was kaze wo sagashite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4nPbWnIDgY

ahahaha, really? That tends to be the most hated OP for a lot of people, partially because of how tone-deaf it is in reflecting the really dark events going on in the show at that time and partially because the guy that composed it is actually an avowed anime-hater who composed it without even knowing anything about One Piece.

My personal favorites are probably Brand New World and Share the World, though I like them all to some extent except for that weird Europop OP with the ugly video effects that they used for most of the Baroque Works saga.

Wow. That's 18 episodes a day. I can't believe you still have enough sanity to work a computer.

I mean, I love One Piece a crazy amount, but I don't think I could handle that over such a sustained amount of time.

18 episodes a day really isn't that bad. That's like 6 hours. I've done 38 in a day before.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Eureka's Castle Ao 03:
DOO0Z.gif

At least the exposition wasn't this fisted into your anus this early in the original show. Good lord.
Brunette Eureka is a MILF.

I see they are stealing plot elements from Evangelion too!
in b4 someone proves me wrong with another "mom is robot" show

ahahaha, really? That tends to be the most hated OP for a lot of people, partially because of how tone-deaf it is in reflecting the really dark events going on in the show at that time and partially because the guy that composed it is actually an avowed anime-hater who composed it without even knowing anything about One Piece.

My personal favorites are probably Brand New World and Share the World, though I like them all to some extent except for that weird Europop OP with the ugly video effects that they used for most of the Baroque Works saga.

probably why I liked it, but mostly for the visuals. Anime OP's all kinda sound the same in my head after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom