• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mirai Nikki 22

P7ecu.jpg

Oh, fuck. Yuki just slipped below Shinji in the scale. What an insect.

I'm literally disgusted. What. The. Fuck.

God bless Akise.

Shame they don't have the budget for boob bounce.

Just wait for the movie.

Tsuritama 3

So we're already getting a general idea of just what this show is about. Thought it would take much longer. Now the main question is if the show will focus more on the fishing aspect or the
alien investigating.

zeroshiki

Sakamichi no Apollon

But that's the point.
Ritsuko can't figure it out because of her inferiority complex. I liked her line "this is your dress rehearsal," because it reveals her feelings about herself, in relation to others and especially Sentarou. She feels used and unappreciated.

I guess that's part of what I think would be ideal. That
Ricchan would come to the realization that she wasn't unloved. That someone DID love her just through the power of the performance.
I dono, I just like to believe that some things don't need words especially in this case where there's a perfectly valid alternative.

survivor

Banned
When did I become moeking -_-

S2 is quite a bit better than S1 although S2 does have actual conflicts (nominatively)

Can't wait till I start watching second season. I already loved the first one and seeing posts saying the second one has better animations makes me too hyped.

zeroshiki

Can't wait till I start watching second season. I already loved the first one and seeing posts saying the second one has better animations makes me too hyped.

If its just animation, S2 blows S1 out of the water. Like, I watched an episode of S1 while I was in the middle of watching S2 and I was upset at how janky it looked.

Risette

A Good Citizen
K-ON S2 is one of the most well-animated (and consistently well animated at that) TV anime series of all time. No hyperbole!

Instro

Kids on the Slope 3

Excellent episode this week. I think this was the best thus far actually, I particularly like how quickly the relationships between the characters are developing, and also how quickly Kaoru himself is developing. His personality has already changed quite a bit since the opening episode. One scene did bug me though,
when Kaoru walks in on Sentaro and the new girl
that section seemed a bit disjointed from what had just happened. It was a bit too abrupt.

Tsuritama 3

Fishing sakuga, such epic line casting at the end there. I was also quite impressed with the character interactions in this ep, it seemed like the cast's strengths were drawn out in meaningful and enjoyable ways. Judging from what happened this week
all of Haru and his sister's powers are related to water, it seems like they can communicate through water as well. I wonder why they need fish for then?

survivor

Banned
Oh man, it's gonna be so hard to go back to regular anime after second season isn't it? When I finished the first one and started watching Chihayafuru and Kimi ni Todoke after, I was like what is this amateur shit.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Kids on the Slope 3

Excellent episode this week. I think this was the best thus far actually, I particularly like how quickly the relationships between the characters are developing, and also how quickly Kaoru himself is developing. His personality has already changed quite a bit since the opening episode. One scene did bug me though,
when Kaoru walks in on Sentaro and the new girl
that section seemed a bit disjointed from what had just happened. It was a bit too abrupt.
That sequence actually felt like a dream sequence, the way it was edited. I was shocked when it turned out it wasn't.

wonzo

Banned
Where's that AKB0048 OT at?!

E7 AO 3

Hmmm, this felt like a notable step-down in quality from the first two episodes and I'm not only talking about the animation which most certainly had its fair share of QUALITY moments.
The flashback's with Eureka were nice but I'm still trying to think of how this'll tie into the main series.

The next episode looks like it'll be pretty damn good!

K-ON S2 is one of the most well-animated (and consistently well animated at that) TV anime series of all time. No hyperbole!
realtalk

Tsuritama 3:
The best episode yet. I felt like Episode 2 was a bit disjointed, but this was the complete opposite. Everything flowed together well, and the music did a great job at building mood throughout the episode. I like that we get some additional insight into Yuki's character, and his facial expressions
on the beach when he was going all out near the end of the episode
were great. Natsuki continues to be great, as well, and we also get some further plot developments in this episode. The whole show is just so refreshing to watch.

Oh man, it's gonna be so hard to go back to regular anime after second season isn't it? When I finished the first one and started watching Chihayafuru and Kimi ni Todoke after, I was like what is this amateur shit.

That's part of why I watched Bakemonogatari alongside the first season of K-ON, so that KyoAni quality wouldn't spoil me too much.

zeroshiki

Now imagine if you watched actual bad shows like the pirates one or whatever Deen craps out (non Sankarea)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Sakamichi no Treme 6-10 - The finale was goddamn wonderful, pretty much all of it was. But I gotta say I kind of disagree with firehawk12 assessment that the series is nihilistic, I feel the show is kind of optimistic in a weird way, despite how bleak things are for all the characters, they manage to make the best of every small moment through their music and culture, and it's profoundly moving in that sense.

Really excited to start watching S2 and get caught up for S3 this fall!

Eureka Seven AO 3 - I really hope Omigawa doesn't kill the series, because her character seems pretty bad :( otherwise while this was weaker than the first two episodes, they were some really good scenes despite some of the bad, and the music is still as good as ever. Can't wait for next week!

NewFresh

I don't get why you guys are replying about how boring the show is when my post is about animation...

Because it is relevant to the show as a whole. But I see your point. I was originally replying because it's a stance you have voiced often so it felt repetitive and boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom