• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
tsuritama 3

The guy in the background, bwahahaha.

jFCHG.jpg

Wow. I had mixed feelings about the previous episodes, but this one was the shit. Real good stuff.

Haru wasn't as annoying as he was previously, too.

Ultimadrago

Lupin III: A Woman named Fujiko Mine 4
9iW06.jpg

Lupin antics

This Zenigata is the "lulz"!

I don't know what I think of this episode really.

A part of me liked it, but the direction with Zenigata was not expected by myself nor welcome.
The ass grabbing after the fooling around along with the "bloodthirsty" nature against Lupin and his entire bloodline just felt off, off, off.

I love the Lupin still though, care lesser for Fujiko.

I might have spoken too soon on Oscar potentially holding back Zenigata. It seems that in this series, a partner actually adds to furthering the plans of the operation in a professional matter,
since Zenigata initially was not up for going after Lupin himself. An idea, I don't believe I'd see the "old" Zenigata ever encourage in the slightest.

Overall, the climax to the "mystery" left me wanting. I didn't love it, didn't hate it. It was "okay." The most substance I got out of it was that Oscar might be a good assistant for Zenigata because he has some professional sense!

Sengoku Collection 4
this was the least worst episode yet. take that as you will

I can agree with this much.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

faridmon

Ano Natsu Ep 10

This Episode was certainly the best of the bunch in terms of clarity, no more holding up bullshit and no more teenage angst, just mere.... angst, but its better. Also, Mio is awesome. Who could have thought the Nudist is the best most evolved character in the series?

anyway, still a weak series but the later episode is definitely better than the first half or so.
So, if you like watching English dubs of shows with a single-word title that start with F, licensed by a company whose name also starts with F, then do I have the announcements for you.

Funimation Announces Fractale English Dub Cast
Funimation Announces Freezing English Dub Cast

Caitlin Glass seems to be getting a fair bit of lead role V.A. work, at least.
That is the worst Anime Funimation could pick up for localisation. Guess it was quite cheap for them. Hope Manga don't waste their effort on those two.

Articalys

Alternative tsuritama 3 impressions:

ヘ(ヘ`皿´) (」`皿´)」えのしま!(/`皿´)/どーん!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Does this bread anime has anything going on for it outside of these bread jokes? Cause that's all what you guys post about.

The real absolute truth is that it's boring at best and embarrassingly terrible weeaboo shit at worst, but we're not pulling these bread jokes out of thin air. Watch the first episode and you'll be amazed at just how unforced the euphemism feels in context, especially because these lines are generally spoken by the several soulless JRPG waifus in the show. It absolutely makes the show worth watching if you're willing to switch your brain to sophomoric mode for 20 minutes.

wonzo

Banned
Kids on the Slope 3

Wow, three episodes in and not once has this show failed to put a great big smile on my face. The musical sequences in particular are especially amazing to watch.
A confession in episode 3!? Slowjo really is dead!

faridmon

The real absolute truth is that it's boring at best and embarrassingly terrible weeaboo shit at worst, but we're not pulling these bread jokes out of thin air. Watch the first episode and you'll be amazed at just how unforced the euphemism feels in context, especially because these lines are generally spoken by the several soulless JRPG waifus in the show. It absolutely makes the show worth watching if you're willing to switch your brain to sophomoric mode for 20 minutes.

Sounds terrible, why are you guys watching this? Masochism?

survivor

Banned
I think I will watch the first episode of Rick's Bread at one point this week and see if it's kinda funny.

Doesn't look like an anime worth keeping up with from your replies.

Sounds terrible, why are you guys watching this? Masochism?

Our love for Rick's bread.

No idea really. It's not downright insulting to watch, but it's just pretty boring. Then again, I might watch it just to see which show is worse each week. Shining Hearts or Sengoku Collection.

frostbyte

Other than the bread puns, what makes this different from Upotte, Sengoku Collection and the soon to air AKB0048? Aren't we going to switch off our brains for every one of them? Or is Rick's Bread on another level of puniness?

faridmon

Sounds we have another Infinite Stratos in our hand to test your level of Masochism. Sounds fun, maybe I should join in, I did ended up finishing IS.... :/

Other than the bread puns, what makes this different from Upotte, Sengoku Collection and the soon to air AKB0048? Aren't we going to switch off our brains for every one of them? Or is Rick's Bread on another level of puniness?

upotte... you can learn something. Sengoku... it's a running bet.

AKB is recommended by duckroll. Nothing can go wrong.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

You don't have to mentally interpret any words to mean "penis" in Upotte or Sengoku collection just to make them watchable. That's the difference!

wait... sengoku's a running bet???

that's what we told Ultimadrago in order to trick him into watching the whole thing!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So, for people who followed both, which is worse so far? The entirety of Brave 10 or the first four episodes of Sengoku Collection?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rick's Bread Adventures is an interesting insight into medieval life before the concept of entertainment was invented. These people literally have nothing to do so the highlight of their day is buying bread. Then they walk around and wait for the hero to talk to them so they can utter the same thing over and over.

So, for people who followed both, which is worse so far? The entirety of Brave 10 or the first four episodes of Sengoku Collection?

Well my opinion of Brave 10 goes up to like episode 3 or 4 or something, but I would say Sengoku Collection.

The fact there isn't SAIZO!~ in Collection puts it ahead of Brave 10.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mirai Nikki 18

Ahahaha. Yuno's trolling in this episode is gif-worthy.

So she wasn't necessarily
born insane, huh? That's a little comforting, for some reason. And her parents totally had it coming.

Wow, Yuki.
How many seconds does it take for you to forgive your father for killing your mother, again?

And finally!

Sengoku Collection 4
tumblr_m2row37l7T1rnvlipo1_500.png

OP song has started to grow on me. Its the weird thing the music does, like its skipping and such that makes it catchy and fun to play.

First half of the episode was dull mainly because they made this Masemune so stoic and uninteresting. Her saving feature was the sword but the anime failed to capitalize on it. Really, based on this I fear the anime will have the laziest battle scenes later on.
Stylish Slash looked cool but the damage it left on the dude was unbelievable weak, he didnt even look like he was cut? Though based on events after that, I hope this would go full battle type genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom