• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Suuure.

qGg9T.jpg

I don't believe you guys actually keep a list of people from the internet.

I've heard it had a disappoint ending, though, didn't it?

Guess I'll come back and read it eventually, then.

Extremely disappointing, but not enough to ruin the entire series. Still worth a read. Just be glad you haven't been reading it for 9 years like some people.

Eureka Seven AO ep 3

Pretty nice episode and informative. I think I have enough of the pieces in place to not have any questions I had about the series from not seeing Eureka Seven to understand the current plot. The OP is really nice and catchy "ESCAPE kono kaze ni namida wo nose kareru made supiido agete, tobikoete yukeru..."

Nice G-monster design and other elements to it, reminded me of senhime zesshou symphogear for some reason, color scheme and method or projectiles

ahahaha, really? That tends to be the most hated OP for a lot of people, partially because of how tone-deaf it is in reflecting the really dark events going on in the show at that time and partially because the guy that composed it is actually an avowed anime-hater who composed it without even knowing anything about One Piece.

Wow, that song really doesn't fit what's going on in the show.

But, that isn't really new. There are plenty of examples of serious moments suddenly broken up by the happy go lucky ending song that starts up!

Wait, when did this OP happen? I don't remember it at all.

I don't really have a favourite One Piece OP (the one before the terrible New World OP is the only one still fresh in my mind), but ED 3 is by and far my favourite ED. Edit: Not that it has much competition any more, what with One Piece no longer having EDs.

It was during most of Impel Down and possibly some of Amazon Lily. Can't remember for sure.

Anyway, my favorite one is definitely Kokoro no Chizu because it's when the art gets all digital era-ish. I also ended up watching it when I was still in the 20s, so that kept me motivated to keep watching while also unintentionally spoiling myself >_> (though the OP does that anyway).

I also like Believe, the We Are remix, and One Day.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Anyway, my favorite one is definitely Kokoro no Chizu because it's when the art get all digital era-ish. I also ended up watching it when I was still in the 20s, so that kept me motivated to keep watching while also unintentionally spoiling myself >_> (though the OP does that anyway).

That's the one I'm at right now. I'm still drooling over the widescreen resolution.

Funny thing is that I watched it years ago a couple of times when it was the latest OP, before even considering following One Piece, and I still remembered the lyrics when I reached Davy Back.

Ultimadrago

I don't really have a favourite One Piece OP (the one before the terrible New World OP is the only one still fresh in my mind), but ED 3 is by and far my favourite ED. Edit: Not that it has much competition any more, what with One Piece no longer having EDs.

If you're talking about "We Go.", yeah it's bad stuff.

My favorites (no specific order), Kokoro no Chizu, Brand New World, Believe and Share the World.

prison break arc.

Reknoc

Oh right... yea... I kinda skipped through most of Impel Down. Even skipped the second Robin episode :( Keep meaning to go back to it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tsuritama 03

Those five seconds of animation (you know which ones I'm talking about) looked like something out of Imaishi's hands. Too bad about the rest. At least it's not Hyouka?

I haven't watched Mononoke, but that cartoon's premise doesn't sound stupidly boring. I think I'm gonna check that out instead.

Instro

Tsuritama 03

Those five seconds of animation (you know which ones I'm talking about) looked like something out of Imaishi's hands. Too bad about the rest. At least it's not Hyouka?

I haven't watched Mononoke, but that cartoon's premise doesn't sound stupidly boring. I think I'm gonna check that out instead.

Watch the final arc of Ayakashi first...Well you should actually watch the entirety of Ayakashi, but the last arc is part of Mononoke.

Believe is the best One Piece opening. This is a fact of life. I love We Are, Brand New World, and Share the World a lot, too.

Oh right... yea... I kinda skipped through most of Impel Down. Even skipped the second Robin episode :( Keep meaning to go back to it.

But...Impel Down is one of the best arcs in the series.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
aww.. it was easily like the best animated arc =P

But the worst-paced :(

Though, glacial pacing since ID was a big reason why I stopped watching OP week-to-week. I have a year's worth of material to catch up on, and I should probably get to that soon in preparation for (manga spoilz)
Punk Hazard aka the most bitchin' adventure arc of the past few years

Narag

Sailor Moon S 97

Well now, that was a real treat. Episode give Ami focus as she dealt with some internal struggle in regard to her self-worth. The episode explored this via Ami's rumination that she amounted to little more than her academics, how teachers and fellow students perceived her this way, and on her need to be non-confrontational and a people pleaser. The slice of life portion was the stronger half of this episode what with Ami's worrying and the pool scenes with Michiru where she learned it was ok to compete with others.

The Daimon was a little too goofy given how well the rest of the ep was handled but it stood out from earlier encounters as
Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon held their own and Uranus/Neptune never had to involve themselves.
Overall the ep was rather great and very touching.

Always room for a little comedy even in serious episodes! said:
Michiru and Ami isolated before bonding in their natural element. said:

I may have teared up a bit when the sad music kicked and a forlorn Ami had her heart stolen by the Daimon! What a sad scene.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yea but the one after it is the best. How was I supposed to know it was going to be handled so piss poorly... I guess that's some kind of karma.

Toei giveth, and Toei taketh away. But mostly Toei spoileth.

If we don't get a theatrical version of Marineford eventually I'll be PISSED.

Reknoc

What, you didn't love three minutes per episode of Buggy filler and random Hancock daydreams breaking everything up?

Hey, woah, more Buggy is never a bad thing. Certainly could have done with less Hancock though, and less stare downs.

Maybe they should have tried to work in more Kizaru as well.

Uchip

Banned
so yeah eureka 7 AO episode 3
kinda not really feeling this like the original
in the original we had a surfer vibe, now we have.... generic mecha and enemies that look like theyre from strike witches? then theres the "only kids can pilot them" evangelion trope which is lame as hell.
A bunch of other things bothering me, but i cant drop it because its still good
just not compelling yet

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Fujiko Mine of the Woman named (oYo) 04

Perché? Perché is this show so good?

Back to form. When was the last time we had this episodic format? Michiko?

Jex

Honestly at this point I'd rather pay higher prices for US releases if it means more quality releases with extras. I'm sick of the barebones shit. Give me better quality, US companies, even if it comes at higher prices.

Don't encourage them! I find it extremely hilarious that they didn't translate those mini-episodes for the Fate/Zero mega release. That's disgusting.

Thoraxes

Eureka Seven AO ep 3

Pretty nice episode and informative. I think I have enough of the pieces in place to not have any questions I had about the series from not seeing Eureka Seven to understand the current plot. The OP is really nice and catchy "ESCAPE kono kaze ni namida wo nose kareru made supiido agete, tobikoete yukeru..."

Nice G-monster design and other elements to it, reminded me of senhime zesshou symphogear for some reason, color scheme and method or projectiles

If you watched E7 though, your feels on the feels meters would be a lot higher though.

Jex

Mawaru Penguindrum 3

I can safely say I don’t care. I don’t care about the two male leads. I don’t care about their sister. I don’t care about the penguins. I sort of care about the stalker chick. And if I have to listen to that Rock N’ Roll Night song one more time I’m going to punch a fucking hole in my wall.

Drip-dropped.

Sketchbook ~full color'S~ 2-3

This show is probably best to watch after a long day. It’s the type show you watch to help you fall asleep and I don’t mean that in a negative way. It’s not particularly boring but I’m not enthralled by it either. Gotta drop it.

Planetes 4

I can understand the love for this show, but man does Hachimaki have the biggest stick up his ass. Even when he does something worth rooting for, he still does it in the most obnoxious way possible so that your opinion of him doesn’t change by the end of an episode. I will give it one more episode.

Fate/Zero 3

*first half*

Yup, gonna drop this.

*Saber shows up*

Well, I’ll give it one more episode.

*thinks about it*

Nah, I’m just going to drop it for now and if anything, put it on hold, watch the Fate/stay night dub and then maybe return to F/Z when the show itself gets dubbed because the Japanese VAs are doing nothing for me. I feel like I’m still getting thrown some bloat in the writing department. Saber is seriously the only character I enjoy watching. Everyone just seems uninteresting right now. Most of all that Waver kid is a clown and comes off more as some Harry Potter side-villain reject from the house of Slytherin than a character that truly belongs on this show.
This post involves you dropping a lot of shows I like in a brutal fashion :(

Are you watching anything that you do enjoy?
Wise choice. If you feel like it, you should watch episodes 20 (for the goodness) and 24 (for some closure).
I really don't recommend watching any show, even Penguin Drum, in quite such a piecemeal fashion. Skipping to the end without watching what leads up to it is hugely pointless as well, especially for 'some closure'.

If you're watching just to see, perhaps, the most interestingly directed episodes, I can see some kind of last basted around that.

Jex

[Kids on the Slope]
I honestly didn't think
Ritsuko was actually interested in Sentarou.
It surprised me a little.
She's not which makes the whole situation even dumber.

Er, what the heck are you talking about, Firemind?
nah. it's pretty much just focusing on the animals but there are humans they interact with. it's a pretty damn good show!

I stand corrected!

Makoto

This post involves you dropping a lot of shows I like in a brutal fashion :(

Are you watching anything that you do enjoy?
Hainbane Renmei, Bamboo Blade and then a bunch of currently airing shows. Mawaru Penguindrum and Planetes are getting second chances though. Planetes is kind of weird actually, I couldn't be more happy with its first episode but then it just started to teeter a bit but I feel it should be picking up from where I left, so now I'm thinking I was too hasty on impressions of it thus far.

Looking back at what you quoted, those were all the shows I had absolutely no desire to drop. F/Z I really want to like because everyone sounds like they're having a blast watching it. Sketchbook I also found mildly entertaining in its own right. I should have probably just classified those two as on-hold rather than dropped. I do want to get back to those shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom