• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sankarea 4

While this felt different from prior episodes I still enjoyed this one.
I wonder how they'll manage the Rigor Mortis :(
It turns out the cure is a heaping helping of
Rick's bread.

Jex

Sengoku Collection 04
EhcxB.jpg

If only Kojuuro was here.
Wow, another boring episode. This time spent in a women's prison. Nope, even that wasn't exciting. We just spend time digging and filling holes. But at least, the background was decent.
A non-exciting women's prison? This is surely a failure of the highest tier for a dumb fanservice show!

Lain

Kids on the slope 3

I think Kaoru acted like an idiot with that handkerchief, but the
confession after the piano play
was nice, even if Ritsuko looked bored to me during all the performance.

Jex

What does it mean when I can agree with a number of the gripes people seem to have with Penguindrum yet I still consider it one of the best animes from the last few years?

Same goes for Meguca.

Well, lots of shows I think are great aren't literally perfect, so I think that's a perfectly rationale opinion to hold. You're simply acknowledging that a show has faults which don't really affect your overall view of the show.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kids on the slope 3

I think Kaoru acted like an idiot with that handkerchief, but the
confession after the piano play
was nice, even if Ritsuko looked bored to me during all the performance.
Why would she be excited about that performance given her interpretation of who it was for?

Jex

This isn't the first time I've called people out on it. It's one of my pet peeves and I chide people when I see it.

Nothing wrong with trying to make a conversation chronological!
No...you really don't.

That kind of advice wont work on cajunator!
Ano Natsu Ep 9

Kanna is such a Bipolar Tsundere, its really hard to take this character seriously by the way she mumbles on towards different direction
she reminds me of Patrick Klepeck
Anyway, this episode was one of the better ones, its good to see that feeling have been uttered and the series will focus on the reactions for the rest of the Episodes

Well, at least we agree about one thing.

Jex

I hope that isn't manga spoilers. :\

Well, if they were manga spoilers for a show in it's third episode I would be most displeased.
So, if you like watching English dubs of shows with a single-word title that start with F, licensed by a company whose name also starts with F, then do I have the announcements for you.

Funimation Announces Fractale English Dub Cast
Funimation Announces Freezing English Dub Cast

Caitlin Glass seems to be getting a fair bit of lead role V.A. work, at least.

I see that only the most worthy titles are being salvaged for release. Great news.
Does this bread anime has anything going on for it outside of these bread jokes? Cause that's all what you guys post about.
As you may have noticed, that's all we've got because the show is boring.

duckroll

Actually it looks like Hiroko Utsumi and Miku Kadowaki are also working on ep2 of Hyouka! Except the director is storyboarding ep2 himself.

cajunator

Banned
Freaking aliens.

fS5ef.jpg

Off model artwork is the best.

Does this bread anime has anything going on for it outside of these bread jokes? Cause that's all what you guys post about.

Thats literally the only thing good about it.

Sounds terrible, why are you guys watching this? Masochism?

We enjoy pain and suffering. Yami is a popular test to see if you too like to suffer.

So, for people who followed both, which is worse so far? The entirety of Brave 10 or the first four episodes of Sengoku Collection?

Well Brave10 has Isanami. what does Sengoku Collection have?

Medaka Box 04
Boring shit.

Only reason to keep watching this stuff is for this.

iZsQUijhcW9f1.gif

Hansode keeps the Medaka Box show from being a total shitpile. But I knew that from the beginning when they showed her artwork. She was destined to be great.

I knew you were joking.

I have one. Though I haven't updated it in a while, since I'm trying to be a more accepting person.

You should post this list.

It was during most of Impel Down and possibly some of Amazon Lily. Can't remember for sure.

Anyway, my favorite one is definitely Kokoro no Chizu because it's when the art gets all digital era-ish. I also ended up watching it when I was still in the 20s, so that kept me motivated to keep watching while also unintentionally spoiling myself >_> (though the OP does that anyway).

I also like Believe, the We Are remix, and One Day.

Kokoro No Chizu and Bleieve have been in my playlists forever. I havent seen One Piece but those openings are fantastic.

Don't encourage them! I find it extremely hilarious that they didn't translate those mini-episodes for the Fate/Zero mega release. That's disgusting.

I will encourage companies to raise prices if I damned well please!

jman2050

Heads up, it seems ep7 of Hyouka is going to be a hot springs episode: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/story/07/

Hiroko Utsumi is the episode director and storyboarder, and Miku Kadowaki is the animation director. Sounds like K-On!!! to me!

Gotta jumpstart those Blu-Ray sales somehow!

Now the Nyaruko-san OP has grown on me. Can't stop listening to it.

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!

Tenchi Muyo GPX 6

I haven't commented on it yet but this has got to be one of the ugliest shows I've ever seen. Incredibly lazy production values, long pans over shitty looking backgrounds, bizarre perspectives, the same background character copy and pasted over and over again. I mean look at this

They couldn't even be arsed to give the guys different hair colors. And this isn't even just for one shot. Every guy in the class is the same guy in multiple shots except for Seina and his friends. And not to mention the off model characters. Maybe off model isn't the right word to use since I'm not even sure they had an original model to work off of.

Almost every scene is a violent assault on the eyes. The only thing keeping me watching is morbid curiosity on how heir going to shoehorn the actual Tenchi characters into this mess.

Oh well on to better things

Kids on the Slope 3

Relationship drama! This was actually handled incredibly well though with characters actual behaving in logical ways and not just running away before they can explain things to each other. What a novel concept!
Kaoru's confession was very well done with the shots of him working furiously trying to perfect the song for Ritsuko.

Lain

Why would she be excited about that performance given her interpretation of who it was for?

I don't believe she had that interpretation at the start of the performance personally, so that bored/unmoved look on her face stuck with me and basically diminished the power of the piece played, as it made it seem as if that piece/performance wasn't all that great.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tsuritama 3 > Kids on the Slope 3

I think after AnoNatsu, I'm love-lined out. Hopefully, they'll just focus on forming the band or whatnot. At least Kaoru doesn't suck like Taichi.
Friendzone is for suckers after all.

As for Tsuritama, I think that innocent flute-like/kazoo-like theme sells the show for me. It's already stupidly optimistic and happy with Keito, but that theme makes you unable to get cynical about the extremely hokey message of the episode. I couldn't help but get pumped up when Yuki was screaming ENOSHIMA DON anyway.

So it's just the majority? That's all right then.
No no, 2001 is a boring autofellating Odyssey. It's not just pretentious.
You hate 2001? Wowzas.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Before there was Rick's Bread, there was...

Shining Tears X Wind 01:

tDYgHl.jpg

ASCENDED RICK, whose bread even angels hunger for.

Shit like this is what happens when I'm really tired but can't go to sleep.

What can possibly go wrong in a Sega x DEEN collaboration? Hopefully everything. Unfortunately, this didn't have any unintentionally comedic material beyond QUALITY art and the usual awkward contrivances present in JRPG adaptations, but it was stupid enough for me to continue watching.

Where do I begin with just how weird this was? For one thing, it begins in the real world. There have been some mysterious disappearances occurring in Generic Ward, Generic Prefecture, Generijapan, and the student council at St. Snobberton's Academy is worried because someone from school disappeared instead of the usual dirty poors. After this, a strange jumble of shit happens that involves a sudden love confession from main character guy to one of the council girls, a conversation about a dream prophecy from an elf about an alternate reality, and a really suspicious-looking faculty dude thumbing through some kind of tome on said alternate reality.

Enter a catgirl named Mao, who pursues some kind of raging wolf beast in tight pants to the Academy, where he proceeds to trash the landscaping and blow out some windows. Mao subdues the monster with the help of the student council, but the monster breaks free, shatters some kind of dimensional mirror that Mao is storing in her tits, and main character guy gets transported to the alternate world along with the girl he just confessed to.

DEEN, all too happy to reuse footage from
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
, gives us this shot of the world between dimensions:

Angel guy is there and gives protagonist guy some speech about defending the world, and then they get plopped into the middle of barren JRPG world. They literally have a random encounter with an enemy, which Protag capoeiras to death:

This only causes a huge mob of monsters to appear, leading to this absolutely thrilling chase scene across the not-Serengeti:

Which culminates in a battle with a cyclops in which several unlikely things occur. Protag somehow blocks a swing from a sword the size of his body with his bare hands, but cyclops retaliates by suddenly sprouting a third arm out of his chest and strangling Protag. Useless Girl suddenly decides to sacrifice herself for Protag even though she just turned down his confession earlier in the show, and takes the killing blow from the cyclops in Protag's place. But does she die? Ahahahahaha, nope.

Ak0IZl.jpg

THE RIGHT TO USE MY FRIEND AS A WEAPON
THAT IS THE SINFUL CROWN I SHALL ADORN

Her wound sprouts a sword, Protag kicks monster asses, episode ends. ED was a sideshow of Taka Tony art. Preview indicates that this show is going to have lots of furries, but it also looks pretty bizarre compared to this episode so there's still hope that this can be amusingly bad and not just a borefest with occasional bad art. Not a tenth of the entertainment value of the first episode of Shining Hearts, sadly.

wonzo

Banned
HeartCatch PreCure! 18

Legendary Boss Ban-kun owns and he better make more appearances in the series.

It turns out the cure is a heaping helping of
Rick's bread.
is there any problem than Rick's bread cannot solve?

So after watching Sankarea 4

Can someone explain wtf this thing was?

http://i.minus.com/ib1AjZ4bNCeGgL.gif (nsfw)

Looks like a mini version of those noodles you see at pools.
i think it's called a Luffa

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The greatest tragedy in HeartCatch is that Ban-kun didn't become the first male precure.

E7 AO2

Everything apart from the animation was bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom