• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The first episode was fine! I bet you skipped Natsu no Arashi's first episode too. :(
Never even heard of it. Dusk Maiden's first episode is a victim of incredibly poor pacing, a rotten introduction, and a complete lack of focus. There is no reason for the story to begin there, and it actually hurts the following episodes by simply revealing everything up front and then immediately regressing to the build up.

I'm sure GuroGAF would attest against that! (Do we even have a GuroGAF? I don't wanna know.)

There is one, but as far as I know, they don't actually fap to it. Me, Dresden and a few others are part of it. The manga thread had a pretty big discussion about Mai-Chan's Daily Life a while back, so I think that added some members.

Branduil

This talk of music design reminded me that everyone should watch the incredible 10-minute short, Mars of Destruction, if you truly want to know the meaning of sound design. It will change everything you thought you knew about sound effects.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Never even heard of it. Dusk Maiden's first episode is a victim of incredibly poor pacing, a rotten introduction, and a complete lack of focus. There is no reason for the story to begin there, and it actually hurts the following episodes by simply revealing everything up front and then immediately regressing to the build up.
Given that the guy did Natsu no Arashi, it's not surprising he started the series in the middle of the action. I think I appreciate just being thrown into a story and assuming that the audience is smart enough to pick up stuff on their own.

dimb

Given that the guy did Natsu no Arashi, it's not surprising he started the series in the middle of the action. I think I appreciate just being thrown into a story and assuming that the audience is smart enough to pick up stuff on their own.
It's not an issue of not being able to pick things up. It's just pointless to start in media res when there's no pressing matter and they just go back anyways. It's like a punch to the gut of filler right at the get go that's followed up with more filler because they play out the same events all over again. If anything, that's a testament to not respecting that the audience gets it the first time.

Articalys

Natsuiro Kiseki 4

For some reason I keep subjecting myself to this each week in the vain hopes that maybe this time it'll be worth watching.

It never is.

Steroyd

The first episode was fine! I bet you skipped Natsu no Arashi's first episode too. :(

The problem I found with the first episode wasn't that it started in the middle and then pull back to introductions in later episodes, it was that they showed the same episode twice, as if the audience didn't "get it" the first time, doing a double take with the ghost visible would have probably been shorter and a better option to not making us have to needlessly watch the exact same shit over again for a solid 8 - 10 minutes.

Steroyd

Natsuiro Kiseki 4

For some reason I keep subjecting myself to this each week in the vain hopes that maybe this time it'll be worth watching.

It never is.

I've... not fallen into this vicous cycle somehow, which is so unlike me.

Ah well, I'll take what I can and run for hills.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Natsuiro Kiseki 4

It never is.

You never know. People doubted Guilty Crown too. Then it saved anime.

You're welcome.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=33384&dateline=1335507424
GR7V9.jpg
holy shit that post is going to hurt someone
Somebody stupid enough to quote it in its entirety?
The hell is wrong with you yo?
What's wrong with whom?
Erika is the best precure.

That is undeniable fact.

She doesn't get the best transformation, sadly. :(
it ain't bad. So bubbly and cute.

Easily the cutest one of the show.
I used to be on Yuri's bandwagon, but I had to come over to Team Erika due to her genkiness.
Amazing.

And what does Utena have to do with gender role in America??
Oh, sorry, I skipped that part. I was talking about AnimeGAF in general.
Holy sweet goddamn Regulus. That post was like a zit that exploded.
Just BOOM
I envisioned it more like coming back from high sea to your wife after circumnavigating the globe.
There is one, but as far as I know, they don't actually fap to it. Me, Dresden and a few others are part of it. The manga thread had a pretty big discussion about Mai-Chan's Daily Life a while back, so I think that added some members.
Is that the one about the girl in the concrete block?

...goddammit I didn't want to remember that one.

Articalys

I mean, it's not overwhelmingly bad or anything, just boring and going nowhere. I know it's a marketing vehicle for Sphere and Lawson and whatever else but the least they could do is try and make me care about what's going on, you know?

Branduil

I mean, it's not overwhelmingly bad or anything, just boring and going nowhere. I know it's a marketing vehicle for Sphere and Lawson and whatever else but the least they could do is try and make me care about what's going on, you know?

Obviously, that is not the least they could do.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's not an issue of not being able to pick things up. It's just pointless to start in media res when there's no pressing matter and they just go back anyways. It's like a punch to the gut of filler right at the get go that's followed up with more filler because they play out the same events all over again. If anything, that's a testament to not respecting that the audience gets it the first time.
I dunno, it's a lot like the "first" episode of Haruhi or Gintama I suppose. I didn't really have much a problem with it except for...
The problem I found with the first episode wasn't that it started in the middle and then pull back to introductions in later episodes, it was that they showed the same episode twice, as if the audience didn't "get it" the first time, doing a double take with the ghost visible would have probably been shorter and a better option to not making us have to needlessly watch the exact same shit over again for a solid 8 - 10 minutes.
This. But even then, I suppose that was a way to be cute and save some money, Shaft-style.

Westlo

Medaka Box 4

Ugh.

I wonder if this so hyped genre shift will make this show more interesting.

The problem is that not many people liked the genre shift at first... and it only really became a hit once it hit the arc after the change.... which tweaked the prior formula and introduced a lot of great characters (Kumagawa Box ftw) which won't get animated even if the show is split cour.

In other words, read the manga, since whoever cleared this to air in this manner has no fucking clue as to why the manga is popular.

dimb

I dunno, it's a lot like the "first" episode of Haruhi or Gintama I suppose. I didn't really have much a problem with it except for...
I don't think the first episode of Gintama is something anyone should aim for.
Overwhelmingly bad would probably be at least a little interesting.

cajunator

Banned
Mars of Destruction

Holy fucking amazing.

The derp. the terrible "animation". The violence. The completely confusing editing. The ....classical music?

Well this actually could have had potential as a full series actually, but instead its a waste. The twist at the end is interesting. The girls are decently cute but I think one doesn't find Madoka Magica to be funny at all.

Overall, I loved how horrible this was.

duckroll

Before that show was being advertised, I had never heard of Sphere. After the show started running, I now have no interest in knowing anything more about Sphere. Seems like a pretty shitty marketing attempt when you take an idol unit and shoehorn them into a boring drama with no real distinctive qualities, and doesn't leverage on any of the actual appeal or talents of the group (is there any?).

cajunator

Banned
Before that show was being advertised, I had never heard of Sphere. After the show started running, I now have no interest in knowing anything more about Sphere. Seems like a pretty shitty marketing attempt when you take an idol unit and shoehorn them into a boring drama with no real distinctive qualities, and doesn't leverage on any of the actual appeal or talents of the group (is there any?).

What show is this referring to?

ALso, If this is the Sphere by Michael Crichton it is a great book and an absolutely awful movie.

Articalys

We'll see how well the OP/ED single sales are next week. If it bombs, then we'll know for sure.

Defuser

What show is this referring to?

ALso, If this is the Sphere by Michael Crichton it is a great book and an absolutely awful movie.

Sphere,a pop idol group consists of 4 seiyuus who are Haruka Tomatsu, Ayahi Takagaki, Minako Kotobuki and Aki Toyosaki. They have done OP and ED for shows such as Asobi ni Ikuyo, Otome Zakuro, Ika Musume S2.etc

When Natsuiro Kiseki was first announced I knew it's a blatant Sphere anime.

cajunator

Banned
Sphere,a pop idol group consists of 4 seiyuus who are Haruka Tomatsu, Ayahi Takagaki, Minako Kotobuki and Aki Toyosaki. They have done OP and ED for shows such as Asobi ni Ikuyo, Otome Zakuro, Ika Musume S2.etc

Oh that Sphere. I thought it was about the other more interesting sphere.

Well it doesn't matter I guess. At least the music might be good
until this project gets crushed beneath the behemoth that will be AKB0048

Defuser

There are some 'rumors' about Sphere IIRC such as they were on the verge of breaking up by the higher ups due to Tomatsu Haruka, Ayahi Takagaki and especially Aki Toyosaki causing some trouble(scandal?). Anyway I forgot where I got this info from and I'm not sure whether it is true or not.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whatever happened to that lesbian sex comedy thing that the idol group was doing? I think wonzo was watching it. Every week it would be "banned" for being too explicit. lol

wonzo

Banned
Whatever happened to that lesbian sex comedy thing that the idol group was doing? I think wonzo was watching it. Every week it would be "banned" for being too explicit. lol
you wouldn't be talking about Gokujo? fwiw it finished airing a while ago but i had no idea that an idol group was behind it!

Fairy Tail 13:

The highlight of the episode was Lucy's shirt suddenly disappearing.

Fairy Tail 14:

Yeah, she won't get a shirt back for a while. It's kind of interesting, though, that despite Lucy's CONSTANT fanservice, even in the manga she barely ever has pantyshots -- they're almost always averted despite her usual short skirts.

Ergo Proxy is not good at first though.

It starts off reasonably well, but does get confusing near the end... still, confusing isn't bad, and once you figure it out it's still good.

I will say, though, just about anything with Re-l is better than just about anything with Vincent. She's a better character.

Well, I didn't say anything bad about it. It looked promising.

(I actually thought Sengoku Collection had potential, too. Ugh. Debut episodes can be so misleading.)
I guess that's true, you didn't say anything bad, but I'm sure some other people did... I'll have to see about ep. 2 though, will watch it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom