• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

And so, once again, it's time for a free-for-all battle to determine who's the winner of Round 2:

6mtrg.png

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting/

Naruto SD 12
tumblr_m5vnsuB3bo1rq4ehvo1_500.png

The first skit is definitely in the top three of the anime so far, main crew was involved, most of the stuff did make me laugh, and best of all, Naruto was super cool, and Konohamaru was there too. Second skit was pretty dull, though at least we know the animators are fans of Naruto
Sakura under his umbrella and not Lee's, lol, even at the end

wonzo

Banned
Kids on the Slope 11

Goddamnit , I just knew that they were gonna pull something stupid like this.
At least Sachiko recovered.

Everything in all the other movies will make sense after this. It's the inner sanctum of Happy Science thought--what they show to people already converted and ready for the next level. This is straight up Xenu shit.
sounds incredible, i don't think i can wait two days

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
If you ever come up with an actual argument, please let me know.
Dunno how you could say that recap boring I mean - it recaps all of the fights from the first arc (in addition to the awesome music) and best of all introduces a important character that brings new context to all the events in the series thus far.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Utena 14

P95XK.jpg

So this is the fabled Akio?

Thus starts the Black Rose arc. The big thing here
is that the main antagonists here aren't directly fighting Utena, but instead corrupt others with the black crests and rose taken from the furnace room where there's lots of dead bodies of duelists. Also, they want to kill the Rose Bride, not capture her.

kz6lq.jpg

Some of the new villains are quite interesting, can't wait to find out more about them.

I must say, it's quite refreshing to get so much pure, unadulterated Ikuhara after not watching this series for so long. Though Chu Chu still sucks. :(

Dunno how you could say that recap boring I mean - it recaps all of the fights from the first arc (in addition to the awesome music) and best of all introduces a important character that brings new context to all the events in the series thus far.

It really only covered about 2 minutes worth of new ground. for a 24 minute episode, that's pretty boring. And just because it had the duels and the music doesn't mean it wasn't boring.

I mean, just look at Hyouka! All that Kyoani production and it's still boring!

Sket Dance 63

That was Gintama levels of self-aware censorship. Amazing. Think I need to read the equivalent manga chapters.

And damn, a few spots of crazy animation. I guess this arc is important.

Andrew J.

It seems to me that the cast of Smile Precure! is awfully similar to the Mane Six from Yuuhou wa Majou, to wit:

Miyuki=Pinkie Pie (Pink hair, goofy, wants to make everyone happy)
Nao=Applejack (Grounded, responsible tomboy)
Akane=Rainbow Dash (Prideful, impulsive tomboy)
Yayoi=Fluttershy (Moeblob)
Reika has elements of both Rarity (Graceful, prone to overly dramatic gestures) and Twilight Sparkle (Academic excellence, highly diligent to compensate for existential self-doubt)

Huh, guess that means Akane is a le- *BLAM*

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It seems to me that the cast of Smile Precure! is awfully similar to the Mane Six from Yuuhou wa Majou, to wit:

Reika has elements of both Rarity (Graceful, prone to overly dramatic gestures) and Twilight Sparkle (Academic excellence, highly diligent to compensate for existential self-doubt)

Somewhere, Darkside's heart is breaking.

Remember, Cosmicblizzard thinks Eiken is good.
That explains everything.
No, I think it's hillariously bad, but hillarious is still hillarious.
Awe.
I think the manga is only below average rather than awful. Mainly because it has an actual plot with a level of progression that isn't random as fuck. Though after 100 chapters, I finally noticed that EVERYONE stutters, which got really annoying.
Never mind, I am satisfied.

Instro

Tsuritama 11

Nakamura :bow :bow, next week is going to be amazing.

Apollon 11

I wasn't really happy with the initial plot twist, but
once they revealed that it was Sachiko who was hurt
I felt better about it. The episode closed in a strong way, although the earlier montages were kind of whatever. Song with vocals was pretty ace btw.

survivor

Banned
Sket Dance 5

Was that a Detective Conan reference? I haven't watched Conan in ages but I'm pretty sure that was how they did the hints.

The student council story of the episode was much more interesting than the ghost one that the trio followed. It should have been the main focus.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Apollon 11

I wasn't really happy with the initial plot twist, but
once they revealed that it was Sachiko who was hurt
I felt better about it.
You know who else felt better about it being Sachiko? Kaoru, who runs off to find Sen when he finds out she's the one who might die.
They are emphasizing the Karou/Sen relationship at the cost of everything else in the show. Most other characters are meaningless catalysts to spark more between Sen and Karou.

Phi Brain 2 ep 11
tumblr_m5ztk32Gpb1qb9i9c.png

I think this episode was expected to come mainly because I imagined Nonoha would be having those types of thoughts. It was better than I visualized mainly because of the feelings of nostalgia brought about by the montage of last seasons epic puzzles. She's pretty great as a morale supporter.

On the preview
Jikukawa is getting in the action? yes!

Instro

ziis aa a fuu ofu mai faiforitu singsu

So good.

You know who else felt better about it being Sachiko? Kaoru, who runs off to find Sen when he finds out she's the one who might die.
They are emphasizing the Karou/Sen relationship at the cost of everything else in the show. Most other characters are meaningless catalysts to spark more between Sen and Karou.

Hahaha yeah that was pretty silly.
"Oh its just Sachiko in a coma, well see you later old lady".

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Huh really? Guess I should check this show out.

Yayoi is already the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom