• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Maria-sama ga Miteru S3 05 [END]

Maria-samagaMiteru3rd.jpg

This season did a really good job on strengthening the bond between Sachiko and Yumi. The last two seasons didn't really sell me on this pairing, but the trials this duo went through during this season(from Saionji's dinner party, to the Hanadera event, to the school trip to Italy) really brought me around.
The scene in episode 3 where Sachiko could sense that Yumi was in the panda costume and ran into her embrace was sooo good.
Both characters have developed so well since the first season, so I'm looking forward to what obstacles they'll face in the final season.

the sooner people realize and accept the fact that Apollon is going to be a great series that bombs harder than Fractale, the better. I'm hopeful it bucks the trend, but there's absolutely no reason to think so.

I'm not expecting Kids on the Slope to sell amazingly, but the chance of it selling less than 800 per volume is extremely low.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maria-sama ga Miteru S3 05 [END]

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iqENn2cxj...dI/CJKMX-1MdPw/s400/Maria-samagaMiteru3rd.jpg

This season did a really good job on strengthening the bond between Sachiko and Yumi. The last two seasons didn't really sell me on this pairing, but the trials this duo went through during this season(from Saionji's dinner party, to the Hanadera event, to the school trip to Italy) really brought me around.
The scene in episode 3 where Sachiko could sense that Yumi was in the panda costume and ran into her embrace was sooo good.
Both characters have developed so well since the first season, so I'm looking forward to what obstacles they'll face in the final season.
By good you mean "good" or good? lol

Haiyore! Nyarlko-san Episode 1

This man is rolling in his grave

http://i.imgur.com/7GFPG.jpg[IMG]

Shut up Poplar. You aren't a cosmic horror.

How the fuck did this kid end up reading Lovecraft anyway? I know Japan has a fasncination with aliens since like the 70's or something. If he had been reading them why the fuck hadn't he had more of a fucking reaction to finding out Nyarlathotep.

This boy must be the key to the collapse of the world, and this being that is known to seduce and make people lose awareness of the world around them through fantastic demonstrations is using one of its 1000 forms that would be most useful in this situation, a rove u young female humanoid.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/1334657123629ujc2d.jpg

But she has a lovecraft worthy irreversibly serious mode. And the show sells Lovecraft books, so it's maybe not a bad thing.

I'm not expecting Kids on the Slope to sell amazingly, but the chance of it selling less than 800 per volume is extremely low.

Yeah, I don't think there's anyway it bombs harder than Fractale. The names involved should at least guarantee 1,000 or so sales. I'm prepared to deal with it bombing, but I don't think it can bomb that hard.

And I keep hoping that maybe it will be successful. It's nice to dream.

Articalys

Missed all the podcast discussion. It would be nice if we could manage something like that, but it's pretty clearly a pipe dream at this point.

wsippel

Banned
I think the form she chose is just right. Can't go about being all eldritch yet. the endtimes aren't here. So a moe girl with a killer ahoge will do just fine. JUST FINE.
Nyarlathotep isn't an Eldritch abomination in Lovecrafts book, either. I think he/she/it is described as a tall, somewhat sinister but nevertheless attractive man of seemingly Egyptian descent doing weird things. And Nyarko is a cute, exotic looking girl doing weird things. Seems like a 180°, but the basic idea isn't that far off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You cannot sit there and tell me you didn't think Yumi in the panda costume running towards Sachiko was not cute!
Haha, I thought that was Oniisama e... levels of crazy. lol
It was just so melodramatic!

Missed all the podcast discussion. It would be nice if we could manage something like that, but it's pretty clearly a pipe dream at this point.
The real question is whether or not you're doing this just to shoot the shit or if you actually want people to listen to it.

My understanding is that lafiel and pizzaroll already hang out on Skype all the time anyway!

cajunator

Banned
Nyarlathotep isn't an Eldritch abomination in Lovecrafts book, either. I think he/she/it is described as a tall, somewhat sinister but nevertheless attractive man of seemingly Egyptian descent. And Nyarko is a cute, exotic looking girl doing weird things. Seems like a 180°, but the basic idea isn't that far off.

I'm just referring to how everyone calls the show moe cthulhu.
I don't know much about HP Lovecraft or his stories. I just think Cthulhu is cute to begin with. Probably the wrong impression.

cajunator

Banned
There's a website for the soundtrack: http://www.apollon-jazz.com/

I think they really want to sell this. :)

They've gotta have some way to offset the inevitable losses.
I would totally buy the soundtrack anyway. Even better if its included in some sort of Limited Edition.

Someday. I… don’t like this wind. The wind always snatches away what’s precious to me. I’ll stop this wind. One day, for sure.

Lay off the burritos man.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nyarlathotep isn't an Eldritch abomination in Lovecrafts book, either. I think he/she/it is described as a tall, somewhat sinister but nevertheless attractive man of seemingly Egyptian descent doing weird things. And Nyarko is a cute, exotic looking girl doing weird things. Seems like a 180°, but the basic idea isn't that far off.

He's very much an Eldritch Abomination. He's an outer god that isn't trapped in star or sleeping, which makes it even worse. He is a servent of Azathoth and enacts the will of the rest of the Outer Gods. He has more than a 1,000 different forms, several of which would cause a human to succumb to madness at a mere glimpse.

cajunator

Banned
He's very much an Eldritch Abomination. He's an outer god that isn't trapped in star or sleeping, which makes it even worse. He has more than a 1,000 different forms, several of which would cause a human to succumb to madness at a mere glimpse.

I would break down in uncontrollable fits of [redacted] at the sight of Nyaruko, so the description fits.

SDBurton

Haha, I thought that was Oniisama e... levels of crazy. lol
It was just so melodramatic!

Lmao, it was.. but it still pulled me in.

Maria-sama18.png

I mean, look at that! :p

Edit: One season left to go, need to stay strong and finish this before I start Strawberry Panic.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This doesn't tell me if it was bad or great. It could be either or both!

But will you keep watching?

Fixed. ψ(`∇´)ψ

I don't know Emmanuel, I don't know.

Unfortunately yes......

Upotte Episode 2

The thing I can't wrap my mind around is this.

Are these girls the anthropomorphized version of every gun under their or just one gun itself? Do they go to school improving just themselves as a gun or all guns under their specification? Do all guns manufactured have to go to this school? That would be ridiculous from a manufacturing standpoint. Are the guns they are using another girl or guy, possibly their twin? Can the students transform into their gun at anytime?

Elle is so moe.

wsippel

Banned
He's very much an Eldritch Abomination. He's an outer god that isn't trapped in star or sleeping, which makes it even worse. He has more than a 1,000 different forms, several of which would cause a human to succumb to madness at a mere glimpse.
I was talking about the visual appearance in the story. Nyarko also claims to be able to take forms that would drive humans insane at a glimpse, but decided to appear as a cute girl. Not that different from Nyarlathotep in Lovecrafts book.

SDBurton

Woah woah woah bro, first of all, they're just friends. Only shorthairs and aspiring nuns get to go beyond that in this show, and with tragic results. (Cautionary tale?)

Second of all, from what I remember, they don't really go anywhere with it in s4. Been a while since I seen Marmite though.

I meant it as sisters, not as an actual couple. lmao

cajunator

Banned
I don't know Emmanuel, I don't know.

Unfortunately yes......

Upotte Episode 2

The thing I can't wrap my mind around is this.

Are these girls the anthropomorphized version of every gun under their or just one gun itself? Do they go to school improving just themselves as a gun or all guns under their specification? Do all guns manufactured have to go to this school? That would be ridiculous from a manufacturing standpoint. Are the guns they are using another girl or guy, possibly their twin? Can the students transform into their gun at anytime?

Elle is so moe.

I think you were trying to put reasoning behind the point of Upotte! ,but I'm glad you came to a logical conclusion.

I've always wondered what exactly a creature "that defies natural law" would look like? What the fuck does that even mean?

I like the "uneasy angles", "dizzying" architecture, and 'grotesque' movements. If you haven't read Lovecraft's books, you're missing out. His creatures are always described as having latently wrong feeling about them, that they don't belong even if you don't know why.

It is why his books are so good, describing something without actually describing them. Letting the reader's imagination conjure the terror. Best horror.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In a world where people ship ponies, you have to clarify these things!
This is a world where lesbianism can be enjoyed by all, even ponies.

Woah woah woah bro, first of all, they're just friends. Only shorthairs and aspiring nuns get to go beyond that in this show, and with tragic results. (Cautionary tale?)
Probably. Tragic ends for yuri stories was pretty much the mainstream norm until Haruka and Michiru came around, and in many cases that still holds.

zeroshiki

It's not like there aren't a number of knowledgeable people in this thread, but I always feel people underestimate how many factors go into making a good podcast. It's not like most podcasts suck simply because the hosts have no idea what they are talking about. It really comes down to:

- Knowledgeable participants

- Participants who are able to explain points clearly and concisely

- Great chemistry between participants

- A host who understands how to create a conversation, when to cut people off, when to move the discussion on etc.

- Someone with far too much time on their hands to edit out all the fluff, dead air and repetition.

- Ideally, preparation.

I always joke about an AnimeGaf podcast but I think this won't happen primarily because of the last 2 items. Everyone is willing to participate but no one will ever be arsed enough to edit and host.

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 2

aQzOI.jpg

Okay wow, this was definitely different and better than the first episode. Great blend of somber drama and humorous ghost antics. The first half was pretty atmospheric with both the lighting and the violin.

Definitely a lot of shaftisms in this episode, and I would say they do it even better than Shaft because it doesn't have that godawful split second writing. I think I liked the little picture show the best.

I would really recommend anyone that dropped this after the 1st episode to at least check out this one. It's a much better introduction in every way. If it doesn't appeal to you, you can redrop it then.

cajunator

Banned
image.php

CAT GIRL!

Edit: Right back at ya, Brazil.

Lol. I guess I asked for that.

In a world where people ship ponies, you have to clarify these things!

I wonder if people shipped the original MLP. Probably so, but the population at large was not aware of these atrocities.

Tsumiki's cuteness makes her an example.

Edit: Great minds think alike.

Yeah you guys have a point. but it has the exact opposite effect that an Eldtritch Horror is supposed to have.

Shipping is evil.

Where would you get all your goods without shipping? UPS, Fedex, DHL, USPS.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom