• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

My Little Bebop Can't Be This Cute

facepalmsn3or1.jpg

Jex

You also forgot:

- Drink Guinness until you pass out when
Lockon gets Sunrise'd.

You forgot:

- Down a bottle of vodka when
Sergei dies. ;_;

I would definitely file those under 'suicidal'. I have actually played by the rules I listed above, sans the suicidal part, before.

The only way to watch Gundam 00 is as a group making fun of it along the way, otherwise it's too painful.

cajunator

Banned
The full name thing was so fucking annoying.

Its it Garzey's wing dub levels of annoying? When they try to pronounce full names in that show I laugh so hard I cant breathe. I am easily amused.

Bebop the Cowboy 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
because there's not much else to do on a plane

This was alright I guess. Bebop does stuffs, it looks pretty. This must have had a pretty big budget, all them nice shiny explosions. Futanari out of nowhere as well.

Somewhere along the way this kid showed up, forever changing the name of the show to:

thanks for that title, Hito
Z6LdE.jpg

Dub voice for her is amazing, one of the few dub voices that manages to nail that "anime" feel without hurting my ears.

Yeah, 6 episodes to go, then I'll finally be done with My Little Bebop!

Editor's Note: This was posted under the influence of a sleep deprived haze, Envelope takes no responsibility for stuff written here

ENVELOOOOOPE!

Glad you gave the show a chance. And yes Ed is by far the best part of the show.
what did you think of Jupiter Jazz?

Narag

I would definitely file those under 'suicidal'. I have actually played by the rules I listed above, sans the suicidal part, before.

The only way to watch Gundam 00 is as a group making fun of it along the way, otherwise it's too painful.

I had so much fun with that first season too. Now I feel violated by it all. ugh

Jex

Right. You need about three regulars who can carry the whole thing if necessary, and maybe one or two guests each episode.

I don't think that I have heard a podcast work really well with more than three people participating in it, the fourth seems to end up staying quiet at the back.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Its it Garzey's wing dub levels of annoying? When they try to pronounce full names in that show I laugh so hard I cant breathe. I am easily amused.

ENVELOOOOOPE!

Glad you gave the show a chance. And yes Ed is by far the best part of the show.

Jupiter Jazz was strange and somewhat daring in its execution, I give it 4/5 My Little Bebops. Animation was spectacular in it, even beyond the normal My Little Bebop standards.

the Mushroom episode was pretty damn funny, and Toys in the Attic felt just like a Farscape episode.

I'm too tired right now, but tomorrow, be sure to look forward to my complete explanation on why My Little Bebop is a ripoff of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Bebop the Cowboy 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
because there's not much else to do on a plane

This was alright I guess. Bebop does stuffs, it looks pretty. This must have had a pretty big budget, all them nice shiny explosions. Futanari out of nowhere as well.

Somewhere along the way this kid showed up, forever changing the name of the show to:

Z6LdE.jpg

Dub voice for her is amazing, one of the few dub voices that manages to nail that "anime" feel without hurting my ears.

Yeah, 6 episodes to go, then I'll finally be done with My Little Bebop!

Editor's Note: This was posted under the influence of a sleep deprived haze, Envelope takes no responsibility for stuff written here

Bebop dub is far superior to the japanese voices.

Ezalc

Can't say that I know how that is, but holy hell is it annoying. I wouldn't mind it if it was just the first name, but they say the entire name every time. That is SETSUNA F. SEIEI every goddamn time. Yes we know who this asshole is stop saying his full name all the damn time.

Best part of Bebop is the music and Spike man, c'mon now. Only thing I wish they expanded about in Bebop was Jet, it always seemed like he kept getting the shaft with regards to the others.

You're a brave man, I don't think I'd last an episode.

And it didn't help that the Innovators had the worst names in the history of anime.

Anew and Feldt are unique names, that's for sure.

cajunator

Banned
Can't say that I know how that is, but holy hell is it annoying. I wouldn't mind it if it was just the first name, but they say the entire name every time. That is SETSUNA F. SEIEI every goddamn time. Yes we know who this asshole is stop saying his full name all the damn time.

I'll just leave this video of Garzey's wing here and let you decide for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I

We get this shit all the time, it has no effect on me!

Cajun culture isn't treated much better in the media. They usually get it hilariously wrong.

Jex

Z6LdE.jpg

So you're only interested because there's a little girl in it?

Jex

Winging it can make a successful podcast, but then it is all the more important that the people on it are knowledgeable about the subject and have good chemistry with each other.

Right, when I think about great shows that work like that (Idle Thumbs, for example) there's already a lot of inbuilt chemistry + knowledge and they're all recording from the same location.
I've always wondered what exactly a creature "that defies natural law" would look like? What the fuck does that even mean?

It's unimaginable! That's why you can't draw Cthulhu!

cajunator

Banned
Isn't that how everyone choose what anime they watch?

It may or may not be. Usually not for me. But cute girls tend to be in cute shows so it goes without saying that I would gravitate towards shows with them in them searching for the Cute. Like a moe-magnet or something.

Jex

There's a few more interesting questions on that site, including one that I'd love to post now but won't for fear of cluttering up the thread even further. Maybe later, during a lull in traffic.

Maybe that will happen when we hit OT2 on Thursday.

Jex

A naked girl in my house, this is awful! I'm glad he appears to only be a one time character, dude was annoying.

That's pretty much the way that all bland male anime protagonists react to women, though. It's been that way for the decades, the poor guy can't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom