• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people should all vote in the second Daisuki new titles poll. They didn't technically announce it yet on the main page, but the date on their schedule rolled over and someone found it via some simple web URL replacement.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/298/

Some of the stuff seemed odd to vote for (like Guilty Crown), though I guess it isnt currently streaming via hulu or funi in all the countries this service goes too.

Voted for

DRILAND
Energy Bomb Gambaruger
Fang of the sun Dougram
Gear Fighter Dendoh
Goldran The Brave of Gold
Heavy Metal L-Gaim

Necrovex

I think we can all agree this is face of the week:
TrXlfxh.jpg

That unibrow is pretty kowai kawaii.

Syrinx

Hataraku-Maou Sama 5

So in the fight with
Lucifer
, Satan, Alciel, and Emilia all take their original forms. And after defeating and humiliating him, Satan does a good deed of undoing all of the destruction and wiping people's memories. The only person left who remembers anything is Chiho.

Everybody seems to be at a loss for what's going on with Maou. The dude used to be a demon lord, and now here he is helping and protecting the humans on Earth. I guess I just have a little trouble buying that just a little while of living on Earth and interacting with people would cause such a change in someone who spent however long killing people and trying to take over a world and usher in an era of darkness.

My favorite characters at this junction would have to be Alciel and Emi. Alciel is just hilarious. He's been reduced to the housekeeper and budget manager at the apartment, but he takes his role so seriously because of how loyal he is to Satan. And Emi's a half angel. And she's trying to make sense of this whole situation with Satan, often just wondering what the hell is going on. And I love the way she plays off of everyone else.

Kurita

I like baseball mangas!

Actually, I saw a baseball match when I went to the USA like 3 years ago. It was fun but that was mostly due to the crowd.

Mr.Jeff

15, 100ppp pages in less than 24 hours, what the hell is wrong with you people?

Thus far it has been summed up with:
Steam ID's
SDburton and the confession of the dildo
Burger examination
Rice and Chopsticks debate
Food Sex
CorvoSol Impressions™
Gifs
Anime Talk resumes

Alright I was gonna say, as much as I like Kyouko x Yui, Kyouko x Ayano feels so right.
Augh, I can see the attraction since they push it enough but it's all about Kyouko x Yui.

So while I'm woefully behind again on current season, I have a nagging feeling again I really should watch more of the widely appreciated shows. So therefore I need a choice out of Utena, SDF Macross, Fantastic Children, Legend of the Galactic Heroes or basically anything I seem to be lacking from my life. The only stipulation being that it can't be something that will gradually leaving me wanting to open a vein because of how depressing it ends up being.

Kurita

I watch rugby, (american) football, tennis and obviously the Olympics.
I don't really care about soccer but I still watch the World Cup.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sports might be more exciting if we had more dynamic cameras that can capture the players close-up from all angles.

wonzo

Banned
sportzzZZZzz

So I went home this morning and found a speeding ticket in the mail. One of those roadside speed camera vans. On private property. How is that legal? $150 bucks Im charged. But fuck it. I got K-on figures. Life is still groovy. YOLO.
Nope. Its a full on speeding charge. I have to pay or get arrested. Its no big deal really but Im just kinda pissed. But like I said, K-on figures.
FUCK THE POLICE.
Or you could just stop speeding. Problem solved.

Dragoshi1

Watched the newest Hayate Cuties! episode.

I love Ruka, shame she never was fully explained/fleshed out during the previous season. I thought she was some omnipotent deity that was watching Hayate until her concert was mentioned.

Also haven't been caught up with the manga, so I didn't know who she was or her significance. I know now, of course.

15, 100ppp pages in less than 24 hours, what the hell is wrong with you people?

Thus far it has been summed up with:
Steam ID's
SDburton and the confession of the dildo
Burger examination
Rice and Chopsticks debate
Food Sex
CorvoSol Impressions™
Gifs
Anime Talk resumes

Augh, I can see the attraction since they push it enough but it's all about Kyouko x Yui.

You forgot Fire Emblem NTR bits.

cajunator

Banned
Hataraku-Maou Sama 5

So in the fight with
Lucifer
, Satan, Alciel, and Emilia all take their original forms. And after defeating and humiliating him, Satan does a good deed of undoing all of the destruction and wiping people's memories. The only person left who remembers anything is Chiho.

Everybody seems to be at a loss for what's going on with Maou. The dude used to be a demon lord, and now here he is helping and protecting the humans on Earth. I guess I just have a little trouble buying that just a little while of living on Earth and interacting with people would cause such a change in someone who spent however long killing people and trying to take over a world and usher in an era of darkness.

My favorite characters at this junction would have to be Alciel and Emi. Alciel is just hilarious. He's been reduced to the housekeeper and budget manager at the apartment, but he takes his role so seriously because of how loyal he is to Satan. And Emi's a half angel. And she's trying to make sense of this whole situation with Satan, often just wondering what the hell is going on. And I love the way she plays off of everyone else.

Alciel is so awesome. dude is such a bro.

cajunator

Banned
Watched the newest Hayate Cuties! episode.

I love Ruka, shame she never was fully explained/fleshed out during the previous season. I thought she was some omnipotent deity that was watching Hayate until her concert was mentioned.

Also haven't been caught up with the manga, so I didn't know who she was or her significance. I know now, of course.

Is that a Sawa avatar I see? We can be friends!

I'd watch more sports if they focused on girls in war machines.

Wouldn't we all?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I endured years of total social ostracism from my peers no matter how nice I was or how good my grades were because I couldn't put a ball in a fucking net as well as everyone else. No offense to any fans here but for me, sports culture can diaf.

Sailor Moon Stars 170:

well fuck, somehow it didn't occur to me that
Juban was already a zombified hellscape
until it was visually established.

Nehelenia
is basically master troll status at this point.
Finally give Ami a battle where she realizes her unique strengths as a sailor senshi? TRAP HER IN A MIRROR AFTER SHE WINS ANYWAY. lol

Syrinx

I watch baseball (Mets), American football (Buccaneers), hockey (Hurricanes). College Basketball tournament is entertaining too. Root for UConn when they're in. College football is beginning to tire me. Still worth paying attention to for draft prospects and such.

So while I'm woefully behind again on current season, I have a nagging feeling again I really should watch more of the widely appreciated shows. So therefore I need a choice out of Utena, SDF Macross, Fantastic Children, Legend of the Galactic Heroes or basically anything I seem to be lacking from my life. The only stipulation being that it can't be something that will gradually leaving me wanting to open a vein because of how depressing it ends up being.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is an excellent choice (the only one of those four I can personally endorse), but it can be depressing at times. Looking at your MAL, some random not-depressing classics I'll recommend:

Dirty Pair
Doreamon: Nobita's Dinosaur (2006)
Gauche the Cellist
Kiki's Delivery Service
Master Keaton
Millennium Actress
Oniisama e...
Tokyo Godfathers
You Are Umasou

Metrotab

Banned
New thread! Handy since I got loads of time for anime now too.

OreImo - 8

Definitely the most entertaining episode of the season so far. Kuroneko was very cute, and her middle sister is an incredibly entertaining character. Kirino wasn't very bitchy either.

cajunator

Banned
I watch baseball (Mets), American football (Buccaneers), hockey (Hurricanes). College Basketball tournament is entertaining too. Root for UConn when they're in. College football is beginning to tire me. Still worth paying attention to for draft prospects and such.

Bucs.
ick.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is an excellent choice (the only one of those four I can personally endorse), but it can be depressing at times. Looking at your MAL, some random not-depressing classics I'll recommend:

Dirty Pair
Doreamon: Nobita's Dinosaur (2006)
Gauche the Cellist
Kiki's Delivery Service
Master Keaton
Millennium Actress
Oniisama e...
Tokyo Godfathers
You Are Umasou

I also recommend the vast majority of that list. Especially the Satoshi Kon movies.

I endured years of total social ostracism from my peers no matter how nice I was or how good my grades were because I couldn't put a ball in a fucking net as well as everyone else. No offense to any fans here but for me, sports culture can diaf.

I know this feeling all too well, and I'm pretty tall to boot!

Metrotab

Banned

LoGH has a great sense of humor at times, and some of the characters provide the needed light dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom