• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best girl up front! :3

You need to visit an optometrist because your parallax vision is whack :p

If you want something legitimately awesome, watch Mushishi.

I got tons of awesome recommendations, Mushishi included. You guys even got me to watch Tatami Galaxy, and Madoka Magika, which I completely loved. That's actually why I put Blood-C off for quite as long as I did. So overall, I'm net thankful to animegaf.

heehee. Well someone would have done it.
But you gotta admit that you were entertained by it!
similarly I think you will find Arjuna to be a fascinating experience if you watch it.

Was I more entertained by it, or the sheer feelings of hatred it inspired in me towards its characters?

Definitely the former :)

What the hell, I'll take that recommendation. Only because of our shared love Inaba though :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I apologize on behalf of the rest of this thread. Unfortunately some people seem determined to push "inside joke" shows when people come in here looking for recommendations, hoping to see their outraged impressions.
This is a little unfair. I personally enjoy these kinds of shows quite a bit as well as many others, so it's not as if we're pushing actual shit on people. It is fair to say that it gets out of hand once in a while, though.

Something like Precure Max Heart is never recommended and the only people who pick it up are like moths to a flame, knowing it's bad but unable to resist.

This is a little unfair. I personally enjoy these kinds of shows quite a bit as well as many others, so it's not as if we're pushing actual shit on people. It is fair to say that it gets out of hand once in a while, though.

I did use "inside joke" instead of "bad". (Since I think Blood-C is a good show, after all.) I think it's fair to say that the shows on "the list" are recommended to newcomers with the primary intention of catching them unawares and seeing the resulting impressions.

But it seems like campfireweekend was not as angry as his earlier post led me to believe, so it all worked out this time!

wonzo

Banned
A threads School Days recommendations… WILL NEVER DIE!!

blackbeard.png

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, at the end of the day, we're into weird shit and we like to spread the love for it. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

cajunator

Banned
You need to visit an optometrist because your parallax vision is whack :p

I got tons of awesome recommendations, Mushishi included. You guys even got me to watch Tatami Galaxy, and Madoka Magika, which I completely loved. That's actually why I put Blood-C off for quite as long as I did. So overall, I'm net thankful to animegaf.

Was I more entertained by it, or the sheer feelings of hatred it inspired in me towards its characters?

Definitely the former :)

What the hell, I'll take that recommendation. Only because of our shared love Inaba though :)

Shows like BloodC and Arjuna are legit enjoyable. Hell even School Days is in a way. They affect people in ways a bit more interesting than the usual anime which is why they are on the list. Of course, there are lots of "normal" recommendations such as the aforementioned mushishi and my personal favorite, Haibane Renmei. I do appreciate you being a good sport about it. I think that's the key.

I did use "inside joke" instead of "bad". (Since I think Blood-C is a good show, after all.) I think it's fair to say that the shows on "the list" are recommended to newcomers with the primary intention of catching them unawares and seeing the resulting impressions.

But it seems like campfireweekend was not as angry as his earlier post led me to believe, so it all worked out this time!

I'm cool :) Hyperbole is fun! And if you guys get to enjoy reading my pained impressions, then I get to have some enjoyment out of writing them. Its a bit symbiotic. And like I said, I got genuine recommendations also, which I put a much higher priority on finishing than Blood-C. Tsuritama was an especially good one you guys recommended. Still pissed at Blood-C though. Overall it was entertaining, but mostly because I found it hilarious in the end because I hated every single character. So you really don't need to feel any guilt. :)

Cajunator: The ending of school days was pure catharsis for me. At their core, anime such as those are enjoyable in a fundamentally different way than most. For me, I get to hate utterly irredeemable characters and hope they all suffer horrible fates. School days and Blood-C delivered in that respect.

cajunator

Banned
I'm cool :) Hyperbole is fun! And if you guys get to enjoy reading my pained impressions, then I get to have some enjoyment out of writing them. Its a bit symbiotic. And like I said, I got genuine recommendations also, which I put a much higher priority on finishing than Blood-C. Tsuritama was an especially good one you guys recommended. Still pissed at Blood-C though. Overall it was entertaining, but mostly because I found it hilarious in the end because I hated every single character. So you really don't need to feel any guilt. :)

Cajunator: The ending of school days was pure catharsis for me. At their core, anime such as those are enjoyable in a fundamentally different way than most. For me, I get to hate utterly irredeemable characters and hope they all suffer horrible fates. School days and Blood-C delivered in that respect.

Arjuna is cathartic for entirely different reasons :p

Its another must see. Its really something else. But as with all things, watch the shows on "the list" in moderation. See something else first and come back to it.
Steins;Gate is a great one if you haven't seen it.

Pise Hime END

oh this hentai is finally over! Dude finally bangs the main girl and everything is happily ever after.

Been a fun show. You don't see many hentai series go over like 2-3 eps these days.The weird animation technique is still weird. It's about as close as i've seen any anime looked compare to the manga though, curious if other animes will do this.

Fun stuff.

Articalys

If you missed it (since up to now it was only posted in the Vita thread as far as I can tell) they finally confirmed the existence of that Super Heroine Chronicles game, the one that was going to take anime girls and shove them into the SRW game formula. The starting announced list of participating series is a bit different than what was rumored before though, not to mention that it's Vita/PS3 now instead of PSP:
Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel
Kyousogiga
Di Gi Charat
Symphogear
Higurashi When They Cry
Aria the Scarlet Ammo
Infinite Stratos
The Familiar of Zero
Dream Hunter Rem
Super Sonico

Pise Hime END

oh this hentai is finally over! Dude finally bangs the main girl and everything is happily ever after.

Been a fun show. You don't see many hentai series go over like 2-3 eps these days.The weird animation technique is still weird. It's about as close as i've seen any anime looked compare to the manga though, curious if other animes will do this.

Fun stuff.

*types into google* 0_0

.......why are you watching this?

wonzo

Banned
If you missed it (since up to now it was only posted in the Vita thread as far as I can tell) they finally confirmed the existence of that Super Heroine Chronicles game, the one that was going to take anime girls and shove them into the SRW game formula. The starting announced list of participating series is a bit different than what was rumored before though, not to mention that it's Vita/PS3 now instead of PSP:
would buy for kyousogiga

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
[Aim For The Top 2! Diebuster] 2 (Rewatch)

Great post! While I did catch some similarities (specifically the discussion between the captain and Lal'c mirroring that of Amaro and Naota from FLCL), other things like the birdcage and coffin flew right over my head. Thanks for pointing that out.

I don't get it.

Kayos is adorable?

Do you really want a reason for watching ?
i'm more intrested in why he is posting his thoughts here.

Now his that other work for the same author get animated , it would be animegaf worthy since it's such a great comedy.

Yeah thats what I meant. He's watching this as if its an anime, when its clear theres only one reason anyone would want to watch that shit.

Kind of old cause the account said it on friday, but Free! is getting doujin events.

Kyoto Animation's upcoming boys' swimming team anime Free! has not even aired yet, but it has already inspired an event exclusively devoted to its dōjinshi. Studio You announced on Friday that it will host the Free! Only Event "Ren-ai Jiyū-gata! Junbi Undō" (Love Freestyle! Prep Exercises) at the Tokyo Ryūtsū Center on July 28, in the same month that the anime will premiere.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 10

Good structure, but kinda underwhelming until the very end. This show needs to make better use of its characters.

Chronoexe

Pise Hime END

Fun stuff.

I never liked the animation, but it was fun to watch. Cheerleaders chapter is the best.

Now his that other work for the same author get animated , it would be animegaf worthy since it's such a great comedy.

There is a new project? whats the name?

Okay, something got his list up. Whew.

Weekly Sales May 20-26

Blu-ray
*1 (***) --- 21,061 *21,061 **1 Sword Art Online v8

DVD
*2 (***) --- 4,527 **4,527 **1 Sword Art Online v8
*6 (***) --- 2,234 **2,234 **1 Magi v6

Average per-volume BD+DVD sales for select completed series:
Joshiraku (6 vols) -- 4,172
Total Eclipse (9 vols) -- 5,162
Tonari (6 vols) -- 1,786
Hidamari (6 vols) -- 7,308

Wow Magi fell so far (v1 was 16,403 Magi). I wonder if this seasons big and anticipated series will not experience such a huge drop off as well (AoT).

Because its anime! And I find it visually more interesting than most normal anime on the market these days :/

Whats his other work? Believe it or not, I don't tend to keep up with the doujin scene! Get linked to too many scary things that keeps me away :(

There is a new project? whats the name?
No , not a new project ..it's actually an old project but i consider it to be his best work no doubt.
He did release 5 books in 2012 , so who know what he plan to do for 2013 ( nothing so far it seems )
Because its anime! And I find it visually more interesting than most normal anime on the market these days :/

Whats his other work? Believe it or not, I don't tend to keep up with the doujin scene! Get linked to too many scary things that keeps me away :(

The author is called : Shiwasu no Okina and is from the circle "Okina Keikaku" but he often do work with other teams on a whim.

For me his best work ( and a world of laugh ) is without a doubt : Sei So Tsui Dan Sha
( 1 volume )
The ending is comedy gold.

That's Fusako of course! Isn't she lovely?

Surprisingly no but if you like those then you might like gdgd. Not nearly as topical or full of pop culture but its got it's own charm and references. I do know that it's made with the MikiMikuDance software which may be the same thing NMA uses.

I guess Ill work through this, decided to add it now after thinking of the experience with Straight Title Robot Anime

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

You monster.

=======================================

Shingeki no Kyojin - 07

That was a pro
speech by Mikasa. Glad she was able to snap out of her despair and assume her role as leader to get everyone out of this mess. Major props to Armin for giving her his gas canisters. You're alright Armin, you're alright. And last but certainly not least... that fucking titan was Eren, wasn't it. Daaaaaamn it alllllll!

Chronoexe

No , not a new project ..it's actually an old project but i consider it to be his best work no doubt.
He did release 5 books in 2012 , so who know what he plan to do for 2013 ( nothing so far it seems )

The author is called : Shiwasu no Okina and is from the circle "Okina Keikaku" but he often do work with other teams on a whim.

For me his best work ( and a world of laugh ) is without a doubt : Sei So Tsui Dan Sha
( 1 volume )
The ending is comedy gold.

omg I dont have this one, just when I thought I had all the collection of Shiwasu no Okina.

My favorite is Pisu hame, but his K-on! doujins are really good.

Conan-san

Sailor Moon Stars 169:

In this episode,
Nehelenia
turns young people into self-absorbed narcissists nearly a full decade before social networking.

last few minutes of the episode:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK AAAAAAAAAGHHHHH
, postcard ending and everything. Is the whole season going to be this intense?

Nope.

OceanBlue

Gargantia 7 and 8

In a sense, these episodes rewind the structure of episodes 3 and 4, in which the crew and Ledo affirm their contrasting views and a conflict occurs that brings them together. I liked episode 7 enough, but I agree with everyone's praise for 8. Episode 8 was definitely a more solid episode due to the arc the episode took. To me, the tension between Ledo and Amy was presented in a way which nicely mirrored Ridget's struggle, so the tension in one would never get interrupted by the other. That made the episode much more compelling than episode 7, which seemed more like a transitory episode between episodes 6 and 8.

I was very absorbed in episode 8. I don't even think I remembered to keep mental notes of how the episode looked or felt, lol. I enjoyed the two episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom