• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Shingeki no Kyojin - 08

q7Cyz2f.png
03X5gZS.png

Don't let it affect you Sasha, you'll get it right next time. :(

I knew it. I knew somehow, some ridiculous way Eren would return. :(

That said, spectacular episode.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Code Geass R2 15

Really? I mean, I guess I expected more. You use your one go at Geass on the guy with just a vanilla
die?
? I can't think of anything more conclusive than that, that Lelouch has only ever wanted that. Here at last, presented with the chance of knowing what you want to know, you just
blow it on a death command. How characteristically sloppy, craven, and bloodthirsty of you.

And that was anticlimactic.

Really? Could
the comparison between Suzaku and Lelouch have been any more hamfisted? It isn't even an accurate comparison.

I swear to God if this show pulls a Gundam AGE and forcibly removes a character from their character for the sake of trying to save the villain protagonist's good name, I don't know what I'll do or say, but it won't be positive.

Well at least the anticlimax was undone, and I can't complain that someone
dying and coming back to life is par for the show
since they bothered to foreshadow for once.

Oh MAN
the dialogue between Ogie and Valetta reads like something from a bad South American Novella, and to that end, I'm adding cheesy Spanish accents to what they say.
Still, it's a better love story than Lelouch x Shirley/Kallen/C2/Revenge/Himself/Nobody.

Seriously, King Charles is the awesomest guy ever. With one question he's basically torn Lelouch in half.
What has the mask of Zero gotten you? "EVERYTHING!" Uh, Lelouch, need I remind you you're now enemies with your friend and sister, murdered another sister and brother, and have also cost one of your friends their lives? What exactly HAS being Zero gotten YOU, Lelouch? You're no closer to knowing the truth about what happened, you're no closer to freeing the nation you care so little about, and the world has gotten demonstrably WORSE than when you began. What HAS it gotten you?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously, King Charles is the MAN, and in case you don't believe he's better than Lelouch in every way possible,
here's C2, who will certify it for you, that Big Daddy Britannia is the Best.

FUCK.

FUCK.

FUCK.

Fuck this show for even daring to compare Suzaku to Lelouch, and fuck its writers for having to fucking go out of their way to contrive a situation in which they can hope to get away with this shit.

FUCK.

FUCK.

FUCK.

If they kill
Ogie
, I'ma flip a desk.

Your rage is delicious. You are gonna rage so hard at this ending.

Jex

I see there's been some now folks posting here. Hello and welcome! I can't really respond to any of your queries because most of the posts happened during what happens to be my night and when I awoke the thread had swelled by over 10 pages.

Ah, that new thread energy!

I see there's been some now folks posting here. Hello and welcome! I can't really respond to any of your queries because most of the posts happened during what happens to be my night and when I awoke the thread had swelled by over 10 pages.

Ah, that new thread energy!

Which will probably slow down soon.

Jex

Which will probably slow down soon.

Well, that's pretty much a certainty or else we'd be having to start up another thread in only a few weeks! It's just the classic thread cycle of high energy posting - stable posting - slight decline in speed of posting - mad rush to the finish line.

cajunator

Banned
Good morning animeGaf. I passed out so hard after coming home.
Had to burrow through Cute to get to my sleeping area. Its getting crowded in here.

New poster for Katsuhiro Otomo's Short Peace:

I saw the title and immediately thought of Short circuit. I'm such an 80s child.

Pooya

Attack on Titan 8

Results:

2d9ufe.jpg

Sums it up, that's viewer's face.

• 50% almost still shot with only jaws moving. Half of which are characters repeating same tears tears I'm gonna die.
  • 30% panning pencil still shot.
  • 10% OP/ED
  • 10% mediocre animation.

1pluqg.jpg

3-4sec of legs in the air. Seriously? Are those legs of production team? love the symbolism here...

super expected thing happened, still interested enough to see what this story is about, but boy this anime is just garbage now. WIT studio = instant red flag from now on.

Jex

Oh, hey, what's that? Low-Res Macross Plus BD Packaging?
61RDK4K-mCL.jpg
41v%2BTIs9QxL.jpg

I want it so bad. Hopefully it checks all the boxes for a good Bluray release.

That box-art looks a little too busy for my liking, but I'm glad to see it's getting a release.

jbug617

Banned
Mad Bull 34: Hit and Rape

So after the recent discussion on Mad Bull 34 in the last thread I decided to pick it up because it was on sale.

After watching the first episode,I think it would be cool to see more characters like Sleepy in anime today. A person who does anything it takes to get the job done but also knows how to have a good time when off the job. When he discovered
Daizaburo was a virgin, you can tell Sleepy was going to fix that. It was funny trapping Daizaburo in the room full of prostitutes.

Also Black Tattoo is good villain. He is someone you can hate.
It was very messed up what he did to Lily. Trapping her head and basically making a bomb explode with the heat of the apartment.

The over top violence and sex really fit this show. I'm looking forward to the other 3 episodes.

Mature

That box-art looks a little too busy for my liking, but I'm glad to see it's getting a release.
Yeah, I could see that being a turn off. I almost think they should have swapped the box within the box's more muted art with the one they put on the big box.

Well, that's pretty much a certainty or else we'd be having to start up another thread in only a few weeks! It's just the classic thread cycle of high energy posting - stable posting - slight decline in speed of posting - mad rush to the finish line.

Sounds about right.

cajunator

Banned
People probably spend much more time just watching mind numbing television and commercials.

This is very true.
Although in my case, its those 3.5 hour NFL football games, cooking shows, documentaries on Discovery channels/TLC/NatGeo/History and stuff like Storage Wars, Stormchasers, Swamp People, Duck Dynasties (gotta keep up with my neighbors) and Pawn Stars.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm so falling behind on this season's shows. I'm 2 episodes behind Railgun, 2 behind Gargantia, 1 episode behind Yuyushiki, and 2 behind HenNeko.

On the plus side, I'm not behind on Maou-sama!

Jex

What was the message I was supposed to garner from this show? A hatred for bespectacled heroines? Cause that's what I got. The only truly positive effect this anime has had on my life, is making me question why Id waste time on anime like Blood-C
Ha! Like anything remotely like Blood-C exists
when I have genuinely good anime I have yet to watch. FUCK SAYA, FUCK BLOOD-C, FUCK ANIME, AND FUCK ME. I'm going to watch Strike Witches. That's a more fulfilling experience than Blood C could ever hope to be.

Sounds like Blood-C had it's desired effect on you!

I'm so falling behind on this season's shows. I'm 2 episodes behind Railgun, 2 behind Gargantia, 1 episode behind Yuyushiki, and 2 behind HenNeko.

Seeing the two gargantia episodes back to back is good, good two episode thing.

I've managed to stay on track fortunately, but fell behind on One Piece, Im over five episodes behind now :(

OceanBlue

I am as well. I just caught up on Gargantia, but I'm behind on Maou-sama, AoT, Oreimo, and Henneko. I still need to watch Yuyushiki and I'm even thinking of picking up Valvrave.

I don't regret spending my time watching Mushishi instead, but I want to catch up so I can keep track of discussion without having to skip everything having to do with series I'm not caught up with yet.

Seeing the two gargantia episodes back to back is good, good two episode thing.

I agree. Episodes 7 and 8 were good together. Although to be honest I really like Gargantia, so maybe I would've enjoyed the episodes as much either way, lol.

Syrinx

Hataraku-Maou Sama 6

Oh hey. Chiho's useful...kinda. That's a first.

Like how they were using the picture of the landlady as a talisman to protect them. That had to have been some horrifying sight.

So why are they letting Lucifer stay at their house after he tried to destroy them? I guess that computer hacking is a useful skill for them to have at hand, but jeez. Also he sent them to the empty classroom to get his Vita back. Guy's probably going to be more of a pain in the ass than he's worth.

Wonder what the deal with that girl at the end is.

Attack on Titan 8

I sort of predicted what was going to end up happening when I seen the titan. I guess it was the hair. I guess I'm okay with it, as long as the political/moral decisions based on the titans being humans that have been eaten is handled well. I'm guessing that answers the question with regards to how they reproduce. I wonder if the size of the titan has to do with who was eaten? I guess we'll find out.

That being said, I was really happy with how they were handling Eren being dead and Mikasa taking the lead roll. The writing is really good in this show, I can't wait for more.

The show continues to impress me, bring on Sunday!

omg I dont have this one, just when I thought I had all the collection of Shiwasu no Okina.

My favorite is Pisu hame, but his K-on! doujins are really good.
That one is an old one but it was really popular at some point.
Maybe you started your collection recently ? he has stuff on the net since 2003.

you know... makopi has a really shitty hairdo.

her precure form looks way better.

No clue why she's such a popular idol. Her song kinda sucks too :(
She is popular , but she is still a rising idol. Mana is just one of her early fans.

I like both form to be honnest

Every proportion on this picture is wrong ... It takes some work to do everything wrong as a whole.

I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom