• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which leads me to think, Miracle lights in the Doki Doki movie will utterly kill me, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ending was more like GoGo and Fresh's movie.

Better yet, would they even NEED Miracle Lights since Mana is here?

Hum maybe it's time to evolve the miracle lights !

Let's guess : Mana lights ?

Shergal

I would be fine if Free turned into a Slam Dunk! where the brolust is in the fangirls' minds rather than a Kuroko where the brolust is explicit.

I mean, there's a way to appeal to fangirls while being discreet about it. Let's hope they take that path.

Director: Hiroko Utsumi

To be honest the potential for water sakuga kind of overrides everything else for me, so I don't really care about how the show will turn out as a whole.

zeroshiki

I see no reason to think that's the way they're going based on the previews.

The director of Free is a fangirl so...

I read some director comments of hers where she was fangirling about the Hot Springs scene with Oreki and Satoshi in that one Hyouka episode. From my vantage point, that seemed harmless and if that was the extent of what she wants to do with Free, I'd be fine with that.

I... want to believe...

cajunator

Banned
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! OVA - 01

Took me a half hour browsing through old threads to find this. Worth it and called it.

Wonderful OVA that gave plenty of screen time to the characters worth a damn. My heart went a flutter when Deko was yelling at Mori in tears, stating how she doesn't pay attention to her anymore. You could see the pain in Mori's heart realizing the suffering she caused to her cherished one. ;_; The kiss was fantastic, I just wished one of them moved their lower lip a little to add a bit more power into it, That sideway glance was the obvious 'Flag' that hints that they honestly didn't mind it at all. Here's hoping they push this further into the next season!

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
out of 5

I umm.....I need to see this.
Is there any hair down dekomori?

I don't know how you do it Anime-gaf. This thread is a beast. I have modest curiosity on how folks are reacting to certain eps but everyone has a different viewing schedule, and I step away for like a day and come back to 700+ posts over a dozen different shows. And some folks dont miss a single beat. It's like peeping in on the trading pits at the stock market, but with significantly more siscon.

I know. I often wake up or leave work to 5-6 extra pages.
Lately it has doubles. Im currently a page behind but if stuff gets crazy here at work it could become half a dozen easily. I read every post so its an exhausting process.

See now these are gifs you CAN post :)

I feel bad for even suggesting this now. It's like I'm dying everytime I'm reading these.

It's times like this where I think I'm watching Max Heart in slow motion.
Well max heart is a special case .... can we forgot about it for a minute ?

i wish i could have watched max heart with a speed up option ..

I don't know how you do it Anime-gaf. This thread is a beast. I have modest curiosity on how folks are reacting to certain eps but everyone has a different viewing schedule, and I step away for like a day and come back to 700+ posts over a dozen different shows. And some folks dont miss a single beat. It's like peeping in on the trading pits at the stock market, but with significantly more siscon.

I wouldn't be able to keep up without mobile gaf...Since this thread is so entertaining , i always have smething to read and to react to , the second i'm feelign bored when i'm not at home.

Joe Molotov

I read some director comments of hers where she was fangirling about the Hot Springs scene with Oreki and Satoshi in that one Hyouka episode. From my vantage point, that seemed harmless and if that was the extent of what she wants to do with Free, I'd be fine with that.

I... want to believe...

I hope it has red-hot dude-on-dude action in every episode, just so I can read the reactions in this thread. :eek:

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I... want to believe...
You're delusional.

I... want to believe...

Have you watched the trailers?

Thoraxes

Gargantia - 12

Welp, I saw it coming and said so last week.

The
suicide/sacrifice scene was super fucked up though.

Other than that, super predictable. At least it was convincing, but it was hardly a surprise.
I thought the fight/rebellion scene was well done.
I enjoyed it.

Also, yet another show to use a Chekhovian Gun this season (and in the same form too!).

Detective Conan 225:
Well, it had been awhile since the last dumb AO Detective Boys case. I guess this is somehow more bearable but also more disappointing because it came right in the midst of a string of awesome cases.

The criminal was extra dumb, which I guess was the point, but having a mystery where everything is resolved by the culprit being a moron is ridiculous. And the whole plan didn't even make sense. Why did he
bury the jewels under a house being reconstructed and then invent some elaborate story to get in to that house five years later rather than just finding a place he could easily get to later?

yami4ct

Detective Conan 225:
Well, it had been awhile since the last dumb AO Detective Boys case. I guess this is somehow more bearable but also more disappointing because it came right in the midst of a string of awesome cases.

The criminal was extra dumb, which I guess was the point, but having a mystery where everything is resolved by the culprit being a moron is ridiculous. And the whole plan didn't even make sense. Why did he
bury the jewels under a house being reconstructed and then invent some elaborate story to get in to that house five years later rather than just finding a place he could easily get to later?

I watched a bit of Detective Conan a long time ago and liked it. Is it able to keep up a good quality level? I imagine after so many episodes, they'd start running out of ideas. Still seem fresh and fun? I could use a good episodic mystery show.

I watched a bit of Detective Conan a long time ago and liked it. Is it able to keep up a good quality level? I imagine after so many episodes, they'd start running out of ideas. Still seem fresh and fun? I could use a good episodic mystery show.

Yeah, it manages to generally keep up a pretty good quality. Some of the anime original episodes can be pretty dumb, but the majority of the episodes are very good. It's definitely worth watching if you're looking for a good mystery show.

So is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira worth it to watch? I stopped watching Higurashi after Rei but I heard they made another season called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira. So I want to know if I should watch it if it brings back the crazyness of the previous episodes, or if it's just another passable just for fun episodes. I remember Rei being very disappointing to me since it was kinda too comedic and the story was weird.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Aku No Hana] 12

Incredible how much you learn about Nakamura and her own insecurities without her having uttered a single word in the entire episode. That cliffhanger was also way scarier than anything else so far. The sincerity of Kasuga and the boundaries Nakamura puts around her have never been more obvious.

Nagahama master director, anime of the season orz orz

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not yet but either way, they're PVs. The thing we get might not be the same thing. The fangirls can yaoi-goggles all they want but I'm hoping I get something watchable.

Hopefully the guys will be giving each other rough rub downs after long and hard... sessions in the... pool.

Haiyore! Nyarko-san W 11

You know, I'd be more into that Mahiro x Hasta moment if I didn't count Hasta as one of the girls (can I have Cyclone Effect Hastur back?). Hasta is best girl till then.

The fact Luhy is referencing the OVA is... interesting. I don't remember a case where they did that in any anime I've seen previously.

I really didn't catch any of the references this episode (well, maybe one or two), but it still was a fun episode regardless
with the love potion plot. Nyarko and Mahiro continue to get closer. But Atko is sly... drugging those chocolates. Too bad it made most of the group go after Mahiro.
Still, hilarious nonetheless.

Outlaw Star 2

Having magic around (The Tau masters dragon summoner) felt like a nice twist on the genre. They need to keep pressuring Hilda and crew, though I do also want other high speed space fights and grapplers. The cast is coming along nicely too in this outlaw pirate society and Jim and Gene fit in well. Melfina is alright so far, though I hope she can make contributions as well. All in all really fun and flashy.

cj_iwakura

So if my friend isn't digging Fate/Zero by Episode 4 due to all the dialogue/exposition/melodrama/etc., should I persuade him to stick with it, or give up?

He's mostly a fan of old-school stuff like Macross and Gunbuster.

cajunator

Banned

Im torn between that ending and the super cute detective one.

Madoka Magica 3

Now THIS is the show I was expecting. Well, by the end it was. The beginning 2/3 were as boring as the last two episodes.

Ok, so let's see how I've done on my prediction list from last time.

Bad mother? She comes home drunk, so yep on that one. I knew she was a bad role model, but she only is getting worse

Mami dying? Saw that one coming, too. Didn't think it'd come that quickly, though. It wasn't hard to see coming. Death flags abound, but oh boy was that death brutal. What's worse, you can say she died because she was finally not alone. She was so excited to have friends, she got careless and lost her head.

Evil catbbit? Sure seems like it, still. It's remarkably pushy. It's desperately wants to push these girls into deathly situations. And its reaction to Mami's death? Nothing at all. No remorse, no surprise, no facial emotions. It just pushes the other girls harder to get a replacement. That thing is evil, kill it with fire

The stage is now completely set for the show to be what it's going to be. I really appreciate that. Now, I hope it invests in making its characters more likable. All these situations mean nothing if I don't like the characters, which right now I don't particularly.

One question I have to ask. I don't think the answer will spoil anything, but don't bother answering it if it does.
Are there any limits on what these girls can wish for? What would stop Madoka from wishing for Mami's death to be undone? I assume that'll be answered next episode, but I'm going to be really annoyed if they sweep it under the rug.

Yeeeep.
heehee. It only gets better too!
Its very unlike other mahou shoujos.
one of my all time favorites now.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's - 01

Holy shit this new villain (?) is a badass. She went
ham on Nanoha with her rocket hammer. But thankfully my girl Fate has returned to protect her love. Get hype!

This show also pretty much goes to the upper limits of awesome and stays there.

Pooya

Gargantia - 12

unfortunate everything is covered in the ugly fog filter.

yawn, super predictable

That golden key, it better transforms Gargantia to a huge ass mecha ^_^

Speed up option for me was there. It was the getting over it ASAP button instead of dragging it out 4 episodes a day.

Sucks to be me watching 1 ep a week since years.

-------------------
Haiyore! Nyarko-san W 11
Ah ah

Haiyore%21%20Nyaruko-san%20W%20-%2011.jpg

You want 5 kids ? you've got work to do mahiro !
The explanation for the haunted mansion was excellent.
The references were quite harder this time because they focused on comedy

But still it was a great episode

Narag

So if my friend isn't digging Fate/Zero by Episode 4 due to all the dialogue/exposition/melodrama/etc., should I persuade him to stick with it, or give up?

He's mostly a fan of old-school stuff like Macross and Gunbuster.

He should watch until 5 at least.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Girls Und Panzer OVA] 5
I learned more about snow-time warfare here than I will ever use in my life.

These scouts suck; their brains would have been blown up in real conflict. Actually, does Tankery allow for the capture of prisoners? Seems like it would be too easy to abuse infantry otherwise.

yami4ct

Madoka Magica 4

This was a big comedown episode after last episode's major ending. Very little forward momentum. What we did get, though, was some pretty great character work. Madoka and her family got a great scene early in the episode They did manage to give
Mami's death
a ton of emotional weight that it needed. We got some great scenes with Sayaka and her
crippled
friend (brother?). Speaking of which, who is this guy to her? Given her interactions with him, I suspect he's more like a friend/crush than a relative. Good character building there, even with the exact nature of that relationship being a bit foggy.

Then, there was the witch scenes. Really good stuff. Frightening, trippy and re really cool to look at. They've been killing it on those scenes. We're also seeing more of the witch realms reflecting the people that enter them. Last episode had all the cakes and pastries that Madoka was thinking about. This episode had all the
Mami imagery
. Interesting stuff, even if I have zero clue what any of it means yet. To top it off, we have
Sayaka finally going full on Magical Girl. Surprised it took so long to make a contract, though not surprised it was her first. Her wish is obviously to heal her injured friend, but I bet it's going to have some unforeseen repercussions.

We also have catbbit doing more plotting and acting generally evil.

cajunator

Banned
Man, you guys are on fire.

Seems about normal. Maybe a little faster than usual.

Hyouka 9

They''re called "whiskey chocolates" for a reason, Chitanda. Though how do you get that drunk just by eating whiskey chocolates? There should be enough chocolate in there so that you at least don't pass out. But hey, it was fun while it lasted.

And since when were horror and mystery considered the same genre?

I'm assuming next episode Oreki will determine who the killer is supposed to be.

Drunk Chitanda is really adorable. Yukata Chitanda is the ultimate though.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Worst thing to ever happen to the genre? Worst thing to ever happen to the genre. All part of Anno's master plan to end Mecha forever.

I love how posts like this disappear off the page into the ether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom