• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi # 16

Hq5Jjpv.jpg

Domestic violence. Being Doremi is suffering.

sonicmj1

Muromi-san 12

I don't like Fuji-san. There's such a thing as too much boob.

Chuunibyou OVA

This was about what you'd expect out of an OVA. Everyone has their roles, and they perform them admirably in a unique situation. It's goofy fun and not much more.

This is the second Kyoani thing I've seen with underage characters getting drunk off of alcohol-laden foods. I... don't think it happens that easily.

Mushibugyo 12
tumblr_mowd4dcAmB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Jinbei back to his usual self is fun, and gave tons of fun times.
He still doesnt know that she is the insect magistrate? lol
. Tsukishima Style: Fuji Hammer was awesome, Fuji Storm too. The original writer has quite a creative mind for these attacks.

/XX/

Sorry for taking up space in here. Have a nice day.
Thanks for the clarification! And I think the series that recommended you Dragona Akehi was MASTER Keaton.

Oh, he saw cosmicblizzard's post.

Poor Tamerlane, he gets banned and then everyone gets his name wrong.
Oops! Sorry! His posts did a quick good impression on me, but I would have liked more time with him around, to come to know him better until his username became etched letter-by-letter onto my brain.

hell, getting drunk off alcohol-ass alcohol is difficult enough if you're not chugging vodka or something

They're teenage girls who weigh nothing, they'd get drunk a lot easier than that. Though obviously not quite as easily as it happened there.

Oops! Sorry! His posts did a quick good impression on me, but I would have liked more time with him around, to come to know him better until his username became etched letter-by-letter onto my brain.
You were close enough, I mostly said that because I noticed Cosmic calling him Timberlake.

Jintor

Maou-sama 11

I kind of wish the Isle Entia factions were more fleshed out and memorable in terms of charadcters. Most of the faces are just ultra bland... I get that it's kind of meant to appear that way, but it makes it difficult to follow somewhat.

Suzano shaping up to be one of the most interesting characters in the show, but largely because Chi is stuck under Maou's relationship-centred idiocy and Emi is stuck in permanent tsundere mode. Az and Lucifel are hilarious but mostly housebound at this point.

I wish the show hadn't tipped its hand with the SFC manager so early though. Oh yeah, the paintball... that's why he was using cologne...

/XX/

Nah, it was requested as she's sick of all the misogyny and transphobia. Tamerlane's ban was the last straw I think. Dunno if it's a perm tho.
Requested? Because there are aspects of this forum he didn't like? Why can't we survive in here just clinging to the things we like about this place, never anything is going to totally go in the way we like it. And what about the people you left here in the process? If people go away like that, then there are less reasons for others to stay as well... think on that before leaving, please. :-(

Come back Aigis/pizzaroll/Risette!

You were close enough, I mostly said that because I noticed Cosmic calling him Timberlake.
Yeah, noticed that too and wanted to run with the joke... yeah, that was it... :-D

Jintor

Maou-sama 12

Man, Suzano's weapon being a giant rubber mallet is stupid as fuck.

LOL LUCIFEL

What a badass one liner

/edit oh my god Emi was so tired that she didn't even bother to snark properly

I'm really gonna miss this show.

Jubern

Just saw Ghost in the Shell ARISE episode 1

Quite honestly, it was better than I expected. Nice origin story with a really tight plot.

I was kind of disappointed by the animation though. I already said that after seeing the first 8 minutes the other day, but I really found it tacky in some places, and I wasn't as impressed with this as I was with the other Bandai Visual big name OAVs (Gundam Unicorn, Geass Akito).

Also, I don't think I'll ever get used to Batou and Togusa new actors. I can give the Major and Aramaki a pass because to me it kind does sound like they are simply a bit younger, but the actors they got to place Otsuka and Yamadera just don't match their elders IMO :/

WARNING: May possibly be construed as light spoilers for Index.

Yes, the Accelerator arc as seen in Index occurs after the opening arc where Touma meets Index. What happens next is seen from Touma's perspective during the Accelerator arc, if you care enough to watch Index just to see what's going to happen next in Railgun (except from Mikoto's perspective). You only need to watch the first 12 episodes of Index, but that's still a huge commitment for a show that desperately boring and in love with it's own impenetrable world.

The amount of retarded names and terms in Railgun is dramatically reduced from what I saw in Index. You basically needed an Appendix of terms and names on hand, plus a copy of the King James Version of the Christian Bible, just to watch Index. Railgun limits terminology pretty much just to the "science" side of things which is easy to understand, it's just a super-reductive form of shounen power levels where there's only Level 0 to Level 5 but the scale has to be logarithmic to compensate for this.

Actually, watching railgun got me interested in reading the index ln lol. Having all that bullshit lore on text is somehow easier to digest a little.

/XX/

As we wait for a direct feed; The Wind Rises footage from the typical NTV's morning-block TV program presentation:

宮崎駿監督最新作「風立ちぬ」世界最速公開 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSVu7aLDJhU

duckroll

Photo Kano 12-End
One of the best episodes even with the meh ending. Despite not being that good I will miss it.
Should have had more episodes and I can't see a second season being squeezed out.

/XX/

Erm... there's already direct feed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602041

Some things are too big to post in AnimeGAF.
Why no one mentioned it in here? Cross-posting news like these is cool, you know guys... the way to go! :-(

Anyway, thanks duckroll for the heads-up.

Nausicaa was made in six months. It's the power of sleeping at the office and working all weekend.
And to think Mr. Miyazaki's mother died one month before commencing its production. At the time he must have throw it all his strength at that work.

Okay, I think that I can address the things that I intended to address now.
You know, what I said earlier about not wanting to see you involved on dangerous discussions doesn't means I don't share your view on topics like this one, specially when you explain yourself as eloquently as now!

Of course! Chain automatically makes any scene amazing, but with the added drama of the situation... it's perfect.

To clarify I wasn't suggesting it was terrible or anything, Escaflowne is a great show. That particular plot device was just a bit a much for me. And now you're reminding me of how great Escaflowne's music is.

Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 34

So...
the shadow people are real and actually can interact with the physical world? And they give a vague, cryptic warning to Utena? Also aren't they slightly incorrect? The Rose Bride doesn't seek to stop light from reentering the world, she's simply a puppet of Akio at this point. The sacrificing of noble souls is mainly Akio's gig.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

So...
the shadow people are real and actually can interact with the physical world? And they give a vague, cryptic warning to Utena? Also aren't they slightly incorrect? The Rose Bride doesn't seek to stop light from reentering the world, she's simply a puppet of Akio at this point. The sacrificing of noble souls is mainly Akio's gig.
The first half of the ep is the symbolic reveal, while the second half is the literal reveal (using the mechanic of a dream Utena can't remember upon waking).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

So...
The Shadow Girls' version of the story is FUD.

One day when I get around to rewatching Utena, I'd like to pay closer attention to what the shadow girls say.

I feel like I can understand the shadow plays well during the first arc, but once they get to the Black Rose arc I'm completely lost because their plays sometimes seem tangentially related to the episode at best.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's been so long since I've marathoned anime like this. Getting through Smile Precure was rough but now Doremi's lit my fire again.

fertygo

Escaflowne 23

So I'm wrong
Dilandau WAS a girl, holy shetttttttt

Dilandau x Hitomi OTP

Fuck Allen and Van they totally sucks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom